Self Care Got Shadow Buffed
The efficiency increase when self healing with items got buffed.
It was 20% and now it’s 25%.
It was 20% and now it’s 25%.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Lol why wouldn't they put that in the patch notes. To afraid of the reactions? On the other hand that buff is totally fine, barely noticeable.
And then it only gets more impactful with the better Med Kits.
Sure but I mean that doesn't seem to big if you consider that you are still able to heal yourself after the healing kit is gone.
For fooks sake.
BHVR is just laughable
Could also be just a typo and the internal value is still 20%. Had that already with other perks.
Yeah I was gonna write the same thing. It might affect like 1 or 2 seconds but that's about it.
Still, I wish they mentioned it.
I’m mostly bothered that they stealth buffed one of the best perks in the game.
If it was something like Wake Up or Left Behind, I would have been pleasantly surprised, but instead we got this.
I don't mind, nobody really heals against legion anyways
Hence why some Perks are broken if you switch language.
Seriously? Who thought this is a good idea and implements stuff like this....

BTW I just tried Spies from the Shadows on a corn map and it did not proc ONCE.
Of course your mad because of 5%. Grow a pair and calm down dude. It's not the end of the world.
I’m bothered by the fact they potentially buffed one of the best perks in the game, as opposed to buffing one of the dozens of borderline useless perks still in the game.
mmmmmh, hmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmh, no, selfcare being one of the best perks in the game is opinionated, it getting a 5% buff to medkits did nothing pretty much but change the amount of charges it has, its not a big deal, and the opinionated part explanation, selfcare takes too long to heal with now, so it is out used by medical kits from what I have seen, I even use medkits over it, you want healed, use empathy or bond they can be used easier and also cannot be countered easily without running blindness addons and perks
Not a huge buff but it's significant enough to an already useful perk it should be stated if its real.
Shadow buffs or shadow nerfs
Why are any of you if you are, so surprised? It happens almost on the regular
Bro a perk that 80% of Survivors pick does not need any kind of buff.
If this were any other game, SC would be nerfed into the dust for having such an absurdly high pick-rate. Such a high pick-rate indicates the perk is way too powerful.
I am really not sure about this.
As a killer, I know for a fact that, BBQ or ruin is not that useful that survivors make them out to be. The problem is that I just can't play without these 2 perks and I think most killers feel in the same way.
I think that survivors feel in the same way for the self care. Bond is far superior to self care but instead of using it, survivors choose to use self care.
DS is very powerful and OP and I wholeheartedly accept this but in my both killer and survivor games, only 1 or maybe 2 people use it.
High usage percentages does not mean much in this game imo.
Not upset about the Buff, I've come to expect this sort of thing from the Devs but to not announce it and sneak it in is shady.
Both BBQ and Ruin are the most high picked Killer perks because of the reason that Killers are pretty much forced to use one or the other if they want to be competitive.
Bond is useless in a game where 70% of people use SWF and are in voice chat, this is why no one uses it and opts to use Self-Care instead.
DS also has an extremely high pick-rate, I think it was around 65% or so. High percentage means a lot. It means a lot of Survivors use these perks as crutches for their gameplay. The fact Survivors can go against Killers like ScottJund and use no perks, and still force him to sweat in order to barely get 2 kills means that Survivors are already powerful enough regardless of perks. Anything else is either adding salt to the wound or using perks as bandaids to hide lack of skill.
Have you tested it?
It's picked by 80% because the only other way to self heal is using a medkit which is spent very quickly and without a medkit the only way to replenish is being healing by others. When playing solo it's mandatory and when playing with friends it's very recommended because without picking it sometimes you or a mate must travel more than half map and in a game in which the time it's so important that's awful.
I seem to have no problems playing the game solo and never using Self-Care. I think I've used that perk maybe one time and felt like I needed to take a shower afterwards.
Seriously, who gives a ######### about this little change? Won't have a big impact so whatever.
And, for the record, the change that rendered Loserface incapable of doing the only thing he was good at has not been reversed, hence it's another shadownerf to add to the list.
https://youtu.be/eCZxkmIT2LQ
You can literally camp them on all angles for almost every hook, but you can’t literally be inside the hook. I don’t see the problem, or how that effects him. This is the first time I’ve ever even see someone try to do that.
Are we sure that it's actually changed and not just a text bug in the description? That's a thing you know. Someone should test it to see if it's actually faster.
Don't assume that everyone here automatically uses Self care and you're superior to us. I don't use it myself. It's usless, takes almost half a gens time to heal and is a problem with the NERF. Before the nerf, this perk wasn't actually a problem believe it or not.
Now genrush is stupidly overpowered because they nerfed Self care. People choose not to heal nowadays and I'm a neutral player but I'll admit, the killer side is seriously getting punished for wanting it nerfed. Everyone just genrush and Adrenalise at the end of the game. It's why games at rank 1 are so tough. The devs need to fix genrushing directly and not healing. Nerfing healing is actually making genrushing worse.
I'd revert the Self care nerfs, and change gen times to 110 seconds. There ya go, solo isn't nearly as weak as it currently is and Genrush is fixed.
They'd talked about this in the last devstream about how sometimes the changes don't get into the patch notes for various reasons. The devs tell someone what's their and they then translate it into a readable format and sometimes they don't pass everything along.
Then there's times that due to the size of the patch notes not everything makes it into said patch notes in time for release hence why you always see updated notes later.
I didn't assume nothing. How do you came to that conclussion? I only quoted the other guy explaining why I think most of the people pick SC and what I think about the perk. I don't understand why some of you assume any innocent opinion is an attack only because your opinion is different even saying I'm feeling superior, #########?
Self care rank 1 - Healing item efficiency is 45%
Self care rank 2 - Healing item efficiency is 35%
Self care rank 3 - Healing item efficiency is 25%