Windows of Opportunity need changes soon

I seen this perk in all my matches for this reason I think needs some changes, in my opinion would be good to put a 30 second cooldown to see auras every time jump a window or dropping a pallet.

e7729b3a0c9690dfbc40bc01079afa28.png c2a0b6a01511bd97a3210e77ff5fada8.png

Comments

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799990#Comment_3799990

    That was their stated philosophy for 6.1.0, and I believe they consider that a mistake. At least the community did.

    More recently the balance philosophy has been around the 60% kill rate, not about perk or item usage.

    I'm coming around to thinking 60% killrate is now a mistake, and instead a 60% winrate (discarding draws [2K+2E]) would be better. When I did the math, 60% killrate results in 20-80% Killer winrate, 0-80% Draw rate, and 0-40% Survivor winrate, depending on the subset used (with Survivor winrate always lower than Killer).

    But yeah I think 6.1 philosophy of 'popularity nerfs' was foolish to put the most kind way possible. (Plus we got bizarre nerfs like Thana and Calm Spirit becoming worse when they intended to buff them.)

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799835#Comment_3799835

    All the 6.1 perk nerfs were bad, and should have been thought over. DS/Pop/Self-Care/PR/Calm Spirit/Thana/and so on. Maybe you could single nerf many of them, but most of them got double nerfed needlessly. For example, Ruin should be 200%, removed on death, not 100% and not removed on death, they rebuffed the wrong portion of the perk.

    Remember when they buffed Calm Spirit and Pharmacy and both perks became worse?

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3800094#Comment_3800094

    Remember when they buffed Calm Spirit and Pharmacy and both perks became worse?

    6.1 was a magical time. Although it was the type of magic like in horror movies, where they forget to swap out/intentionally sabotage the chainsaw before sawing the magicians assistant in half.

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799867#Comment_3799867

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799865#Comment_3799865

    You both should at least be explaining on how it's braindead, rather than leaving out any reasoning on how you believe so. Not because you think it's "annoying", or "busted", I'd like to see you both make actual statements on how it actually affects you in matches, otherwise your arguments won't go anywhere.

    There's a reason why it's also known as "run to yellow".

    But it being brain dead isn't necessarily a problem. There are some killer perks that I could list that are brain dead as well.

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799867#Comment_3799867

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799865#Comment_3799865

    You both should at least be explaining on how it's braindead, rather than leaving out any reasoning on how you believe so. Not because you think it's "annoying", or "busted", I'd like to see you both make actual statements on how it actually affects you in matches, otherwise your arguments won't go anywhere.

    Survivors don't need to use braincells to know where Pallets are and with this perk the distance between the Pallets is more clear for Survivors and carry them chaining the loops.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799863#Comment_3799863

    Heh, it is funny how our experience with this game is somewhat similar, but our opinions completely different.

    I think the old old Ruin was easily one of the best and healthiest perks they've ever designed.

    Hello again my friend!

    I think the original Ruin was a casualty to how it crushed newbies so harshly. Particularly in a period of the games existence when skill checks were far more iffy (especially with a controller) due to the peer-to-peer lobbies and our old favorite, the game's own coding.

  • @Firellius said:

    Survivor perk: *Gets any kind of use whatsoever

    Forum killers: "Needs nerf."

    How can you be so sure about OP not playing both sides?

  • @ays12151 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799874#Comment_3799874

    Survivors don't need to use braincells to know where Pallets are and with this perk the distance between the Pallets is more clear for Survivors and carry them chaining the loops.

    yes because I’m supposed to use braincells to know that a teammate dropped pallets across the map in solo que.🙄

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3800021#Comment_3800021

    Hello again my friend!

    I think the original Ruin was a casualty to how it crushed newbies so harshly. Particularly in a period of the games existence when skill checks were far more iffy (especially with a controller) due to the peer-to-peer lobbies and our old favorite, the game's own coding.

    Hello, friend! Good to see ya.

    I gotta say I always thought it was good for Ruin to be a challenge at first. It really thought you to hit those Great Skill Checks and the importance of finding and cleansing Totems. That was healthy for the game, imho.

  • @Firellius said:

    Survivor perk: *Gets any kind of use whatsoever

    Forum killers: "Needs nerf."

    That is the way

  • @Firellius said:

    Survivor perk: *Gets any kind of use whatsoever

    Forum killers: "Needs nerf."

    That's not true. I'll never ask that this perk gets nerfed. Resilience and Bond don't get that attention either, and they're on that list.

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799835#Comment_3799835

    All the 6.1 perk nerfs were bad, and should have been thought over. DS/Pop/Self-Care/PR/Calm Spirit/Thana/and so on. Maybe you could single nerf many of them, but most of them got double nerfed needlessly. For example, Ruin should be 200%, removed on death, not 100% and not removed on death, they rebuffed the wrong portion of the perk.

    I‘m for making ruin 150%

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    Gee, who could've seen this exact post coming after the announced distortion nerf?

    Oh, right. That would be everyone.

    You're making huge leaps in logic. Literally nobody saw this post coming. It's 1 guy's opinion. And I'd hope that the majority of killer mains, like myself, wouldn't see this perk as an issue. There's no issue with it.

  • @I_CAME said:

    I actually think nerfing windows would make a significant number of people stop playing. Especially players on the casual side. It would definitely make playing solo queue in particular feel much worse when it is already the hardest role in the game. I feel like there's a reason why they haven't touched it. It's not like they are afraid to nerf survivor perks as the last few years have shown.

    I would probably quit survivor. I feel naked without this perk. I'll keep it on even as opposed to another second chance perk.

  • @ays12151 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799874#Comment_3799874

    Survivors don't need to use braincells to know where Pallets are and with this perk the distance between the Pallets is more clear for Survivors and carry them chaining the loops.

    Killers don’t need to “use brain cells” to know where gens are because the aura is always revealed. Or the exit gates. Or whenever someone is unhooked revealing 2 survivors locations. It’s just information. WoO is information just like all the aforementioned things I stated that don’t even require perk slots. Having information doesn’t make you a better player, your skills with what you do with that information do. (I don’t enjoy the “no brain cells” as it’s needlessly insulting but I’m just quoting your own words even if I don’t agree with them)

  • @pandorayr said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799749#Comment_3799749

    Can you guess what is the reason was for nerf "Hex Ruin"?

    Yes, the most killers used it but the biggest problem never been fix, I'm talking about "Gen rush", and yes...gen rush exist just as the tunneling and camping.

    Many survivors complaing about play against ruin every match was boring.

    Ruin was legit an issue on killers like Nurse and Blight tho.

    WoO is fine, kinda. Like, its a type of perk that is crucial for soloq, while barely giving any actual benefit for SWF.

    You can already guess where windows are, the main issue is pallets that are dropped or gone. If I am in a swf, I can tell my teammates which pallets have been used, which havent been broken etc. WoO is that for survivors. Kindred used to also have a 35% pickrate, because it gave info on what other teammates were doing. Now with the HUD you can pretty much guess if someone is going for a rescue or not. Its not perfect, but its something.

    The main issue with WoO is that a survivor can plan ahead where the killer cant, but to be fair, Killers have Zanshin's Tactics which does the exact same thing as WoO. But killers dont run that, even though in the current meta, killers can easily swap out 1 of the 4 gen regression/slowdown perks with Zanshin for basically 0 cost.

  • WoO doesn't need a nerf. It's fine as-is.

  • Not long ago, “Weasel Popped Out” and “Resonating Pain” were weakened because of their high usage rate and ease of use.

    The former required the survivor to be downed and then hung on a hook to get to the generator where they wanted to use the skill in time.

    The latter required hanging on four randomly generated hooks on the map, which in some cases could not be used at all.
    Also, it could only be used a maximum of four times.

    BHVR nerfed both because of “high usage”.
    However, several perks are not nerfed at all, including the “highly used” WoO on Survivor.
    Why is that? If you nerf perks based on “usage”, shouldn't you nerf the survivor perk equally?

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    Gee, who could've seen this exact post coming after the announced distortion nerf?

    Oh, right. That would be everyone.

    After the Distortion nerf? This topic has been popping up long before that.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799784#Comment_3799784

    Ruin was legit an issue on killers like Nurse and Blight tho.

    WoO is fine, kinda. Like, its a type of perk that is crucial for soloq, while barely giving any actual benefit for SWF.

    You can already guess where windows are, the main issue is pallets that are dropped or gone. If I am in a swf, I can tell my teammates which pallets have been used, which havent been broken etc. WoO is that for survivors. Kindred used to also have a 35% pickrate, because it gave info on what other teammates were doing. Now with the HUD you can pretty much guess if someone is going for a rescue or not. Its not perfect, but its something.

    The main issue with WoO is that a survivor can plan ahead where the killer cant, but to be fair, Killers have Zanshin's Tactics which does the exact same thing as WoO. But killers dont run that, even though in the current meta, killers can easily swap out 1 of the 4 gen regression/slowdown perks with Zanshin for basically 0 cost.

    I think when a perk is only an issue for a handful of Killers, that shows the handful of Killers are the true problem, not the perk. (See Awakened Awareness being nerfed from Nurse alone.)

  • No more oppressive cooldowns to balance perks. Downsides like that is the reason why some perks are never ever used. They're going away from the direction of giving everything terrible downsides. And like a few others mentioned, the perk used to have a 20s cooldown and it felt awful.

    Look at the Teamwork perks, 140 second CD made them totally unusable, and those are being removed the next update, good riddance.

    Reduce the range a bit on the perk, that would be fair.

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3800544#Comment_3800544

    I think when a perk is only an issue for a handful of Killers, that shows the handful of Killers are the true problem, not the perk. (See Awakened Awareness being nerfed from Nurse alone.)

    Awakened Awareness wasnt nerfed for ages tho. And yeah, while Nurse is literally the 1 reason why perks are an issue, the problem isnt that those killers are the problem. Its that the perk is genuinely problematic. Because the killers the perk is problematic on, are also the killers you need to face swf with comms. Meaning that all other killers need a basekit buff, and giving all those killers a basekit buff, means that a lot more perks become problematic, and the problematic ones are in obvious need of a nerf.

    Like, lets take Grim Embrace, an amazing tool for someone like Trapper, but its mostly used on a killer like Blight who doesnt need it in the first place.

  • @pandorayr said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3799848#Comment_3799848

    I think is a annoying perk and gives too much information without doing absolutely anything.

    You also want to nerf corrupt and deadlock too then right? You get value and information for doing nothing. They are also some of the highest-picked perks.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3800803#Comment_3800803

    Awakened Awareness wasnt nerfed for ages tho. And yeah, while Nurse is literally the 1 reason why perks are an issue, the problem isnt that those killers are the problem. Its that the perk is genuinely problematic. Because the killers the perk is problematic on, are also the killers you need to face swf with comms. Meaning that all other killers need a basekit buff, and giving all those killers a basekit buff, means that a lot more perks become problematic, and the problematic ones are in obvious need of a nerf.

    Like, lets take Grim Embrace, an amazing tool for someone like Trapper, but its mostly used on a killer like Blight who doesnt need it in the first place.

    It was nerfed from the PTB to release from the sole cause of Nurse abusing it. So it was nerfed from its inception because it was such an obvious Nurse abuse case like Corrective Action potentially stacking (and to also work with Hyperfocus) in the proposed PTB if it is coded that way.

    Killers don't need any high end Killer to face commed SWFs, they merely need enough skill piloting the Killer they pick. If I suck at Spirit because of my hearing damage, that isn't going to be the same free win that it is for most other players. At the same time I can maintain a 75%+ winrate with Ghosty and Myers and Trapper and Legion and Clown because I've played in that mudpit more than other players. I can leverage my skill and win even against SWFs on comms.

    I wouldn't be opposed to gen perks being nerfed by 25-50% for Dash/top-tier Killers, however there is a different change I think would be more healthy for the game. I think a single gen perk being ran getting a 50% buff in effectiveness would be better for the game. So Grim Embrace would get its 10/40s timers buffed to 15/60s. Pop would be buffed back to 30% Current, and PR up to 30% Max, but only if those are the only gen perk ran. Some normal 'gen perks' like Call of Brine or Oppression might count as half a perk, so that way you could run CoB+Pop, and Pop would be the only perk to get the boost, but a 3rd gen perk (or 2nd half gen perk) like Oppression would negate the boost.

  • I find it so fascinating how polarising WoO is.

    I personally hate it, cause it's a brain dead perk. Just follow the yellow brick road and you'll survive longer than the average survivor with literally no effort. I've said time and time again I refuse to use it cause it gives you bad habits and makes you actively worse at the game by running it.

    It's similar to Distortion, you can kinda see it in the way people play. A lot of WoO users are lapsidasical, they don't bother to read the HUD or react to the way the match is going, cause they are in brain off mode.

    The perk isn't inherently flawed, it's more a problem with the way the vast majority of people who run it tend to play... cowardly and lazy...

  • Its not okay to nerf or destroy one of the best perks for new Survivors to get into the game. Honestly, let them keep it.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    Gee, who could've seen this exact post coming after the announced distortion nerf?

    Oh, right. That would be everyone.

    It's probably next on the chopping block for that reason. Get ready.

  • WoO is a balanced but badly designed perk. Its meant to teach new players maps, but they dont actually need to take note of or remember anything about them because the info is always available. They should bring back and lower the cooldown while also letting survivors see broken pallets even when on cooldown.

1 2 ›