Showing the killers name before the match starts
I play ps4 survivor/killer
It seems to have become a bigger trend for people to dc as killers when all gens get completed or a door gets opened before anyone can escape. Too coincidental for it to be killers games are crashing.
We wouldn't know if this person does it the first time we play against them but I think seeing a name before the match starts and it belongs to the name we saw at the end of one of those unfortunate matches would allow us to steer clear to better killers.
There's nothing gained when this happens. If a survivors lucky they may get their item back or they lose it (plus add ons) along with the points and wasted sacrifices.
I don't believe the reporting system works or the devs care and though those type of killers are sad I don't see a point in shunning them from a game they enjoy playing.
Not knowing makes people assume when they run into similar playing killers that this might be the person that quit and survivors start ditching. That screws the rest of us over that just want to play the game. Its a dumb loss on both sides.
It seems to have become a bigger trend for people to dc as killers when all gens get completed or a door gets opened before anyone can escape. Too coincidental for it to be killers games are crashing.
We wouldn't know if this person does it the first time we play against them but I think seeing a name before the match starts and it belongs to the name we saw at the end of one of those unfortunate matches would allow us to steer clear to better killers.
There's nothing gained when this happens. If a survivors lucky they may get their item back or they lose it (plus add ons) along with the points and wasted sacrifices.
I don't believe the reporting system works or the devs care and though those type of killers are sad I don't see a point in shunning them from a game they enjoy playing.
Not knowing makes people assume when they run into similar playing killers that this might be the person that quit and survivors start ditching. That screws the rest of us over that just want to play the game. Its a dumb loss on both sides.
Comments
No. the killer has had a great hatch disadvantage for years now, and perks being told to the SWF party once someone dies like tryhard trash.
No.
You're basically suggesting a way to survivors lobby dodge.
Killers already lobby dodge a lot, making so that survivors are able to do it would kill the game. Since this community has a lot of butthurt babies.
No
Survivors should not see the killers' name.
Killers should not see the survivors' name.
I think that killers should not even see the survivors' outfits, just items so that they can equip perks etc.
So much this and also just show character names above the survivor and everything else is hidden.
Unnamed_Freak said: Its a better option than playing a full game and the killer decides to clock out on everyone. Time waste prevention.
Ahh, the good ol' "Allow us to do the wrong thing that they did first."
No.
Oh wait, consoles...
No.
Blame the greedy misers at Microsoft and Sony mainly Sony since Microsoft has probably agreed to it but Sony's being greedy/Scroogy probably still.
No.
But just because you and i wouldn't doesn't make it right to do though.
Why should a killer be unable to dodge troll groups?
Consoles were great, back when it was plug and play. Now you have to create a account, download a patch, restart, agree user licenses, download the next patch, etc.
I have a ps3 and wanted to view a BR. I had to download an update because otherwise It wouldn't let me play the movie.
This was the last nail.
So because they have bright clothing they're troll groups, well might as well just kill the game off since heaven forbid people buy cosmetics in the store.
I mean people buying bright and funky outfits in the store is what helps keep the company going and adding more stuff. But since you don't want people to wear bright outfits or bring any items people should just stop playing.
There your problem is solved now since the games dead you won't ever have to worry about facing a possible troll group. Let alone any groups that might actually challenge you to play your best but hey I hear Hello Kitty doesn't have troll groups. 😜
Who said that? I don't mind bright clothing at all and don't consider a group trolls for wearing these clothes.
You are totally missing the point of the discussion.
Who said anything about normal very good groups? I was talking about troll groups.
When a killer sees a troll group they faced before, they can dodge the lobby. Why do you want to force a killer to play against that group again?
Once you find a game, go back to the PS4 menu > Friends > playing now > and you’ll find your game session. You can see the killer’s name there.
You lose points for this on console?
About the DC, GTA 5 has interesting solve for that - they connect you with the same type of people - you dc much ? They put you in a group with other people who dc a lot. I think this gives a lesson, when it turns your bad sport behaviour against you.
The only reason why I prefer the killer to see my name is that sometimes they ask me to help with killer daily ritual and I don't have any problem with that, neither with farming.
If you block someone in PS account, does it prevent you from meeting that person in the game ?
If I remember right, don't you lose all earned blood points if the killer DCs at any point in the match? Seems like it's punishing the victims of the situation. They should probably fix that. Also adding more of a punishment (like a wait between DCs) would also help to discourage DCs.
I honestly don't think cherry picking would be as much of an issue as some thinks. There may be some that dodges for all the good killers, but it could also help with not facing someone who heckles and trolls you or cheats/DCs. If someone dodges for easier matches, they're just not gonna get as many matches. I don't think it'd affect people who are reasonable.
Boss said: True but as wrong as it is. The only one losing points is the survivor. Killers get pts when survivors quit.
Dehitay said: You lose everything. Sometimes, rarely items stay
I enjoy challenging killers. It's fun. I don't even mind campers. I mind the Host (killers) breaking the match and wasting my time. It already takes forever for matches to start.
Games averase 10 - 20 minutes and that time gets thrown away along with your stuff.
Boss said: True but as wrong as it is. The only one losing points is the survivor. Killers get pts when survivors quit.
Dehitay said: You lose everything. Sometimes, rarely items stay
I enjoy challenging killers. It's fun. I don't even mind campers. I mind the Host (killers) breaking the match and wasting my time. It already takes forever for matches to start.
Games average 10 - 20 minutes and that time gets thrown away
Which isn't right, i agree.
So that's what they need to work on, not grant more reasons to dodge.
Boss said: I only suggest this cause at the moment nothing is being done. Dodges suck big time but it's a double edge sword with different results. Avoid the dc killer and force others to have to wait or play and risk pts & items with a killer that dc's.
The devs could take an idea from the game Paragon that made people wait if they quit games. The loading time for them to play increased when they backed out of game sessions.
I play immersive because i don't like playing loop O rama simulator since it's boring to me and I want to take my skills and pit them against the killer in a mind game. It's a game of who's the sneakier and more devious person and who can out think and outmind game whom.
@DocOctober is like that when they play killer and I'm the same way for both sides, I want a challenge not a merry go round.
I'm not a Killer main, so I'd correct that to I'm like that when I play both sides.
Sorry but imagine the amount of actual toxic survivors that would try to message the killer like "hey man lets farm"
Anonymity is what drives people to be #########. Just look at the Internet.