Dying State and Med-Kit
Please provide criticism instead of assuming that I want survivors to be a cake walk since after all Dead by Daylight isn't all about buffing killers, ya know? If you only provide "Yes" or "No" responses then I'll just ignore you since you are not actually giving me criticism. The WHY portion is just as important as the "Yes" and "No" response.
Wouldn't make sense if you could use a Med-Kit to heal yourself to the injured state?
Med-Kit:
- Grants the ability to recover from dying state if you have 16 charges remaining.
- Consumes 16 charges when you use it to recover to the injured state.
- Med-Kit will ignore the recover limit.
- Tremendously increases the recovery speed while not consuming any charges.
This could open a lot of possibilities such as you cannot slug a survivor that has a Med-Kit but at the same time, the survivor will have to sacrifice charges so it isn't a free jail card. My idea could be tweaked if in case it's OP or under OP so please, criticism is appreciated!
Dying State Introduction
I just had a thought, I been downed and slugged while carrying a Med-Kit. I been waiting for my inevitable sacrifice that awaits me until something amazing hit me...Wouldn't make sense if you could use a Med-Kit to heal yourself to the injured state?
Mechanics
Overall, I think it would make sense if you could use a Med-Kit to recover back to the injured state.Med-Kit:
- Grants the ability to recover from dying state if you have 16 charges remaining.
- Consumes 16 charges when you use it to recover to the injured state.
- Med-Kit will ignore the recover limit.
- Tremendously increases the recovery speed while not consuming any charges.
Demonstration:
You have to recover like normal or recover with a Med-Kit with increased recovery speed until you reach 95%. Once at 95%, you'll need to use the Med-Kit to pass the recover limit and reach 99% recovery. If you are still holding the recover action for the Med-Kit, you'll recover to the injured state and consume 16 charges. You cannot do this if you have less than 16 charges but you can still use the increase recovery speed if you so please.This could open a lot of possibilities such as you cannot slug a survivor that has a Med-Kit but at the same time, the survivor will have to sacrifice charges so it isn't a free jail card. My idea could be tweaked if in case it's OP or under OP so please, criticism is appreciated!
Comments
Lol. Yes, let's buff medkits.
This makes every medkit an insta heal.
So survivor has unbreakable pretty much for free + 4 perk slots
I need criticism, not just a "yes" or a "no".
@Attackfrog
What's wrong with the idea? It would make sense and you'd still need to use charges to fully recover, namely, 16.
@HatCreature
Huge exaggeration on your part and it's actually really bias if I had to be honest. My reasoning is that the survivor will need to recover with a Med-Kit after the 95% limit then use 16 charges to progress to the injured state. Remember, you'll have to slug a survivor with a Med-kit for this to happen so as long as you don't do that, you'll be just fine. Besides, when do you ever slugged a No Mither? It's the same situation with a survivor using a Med-Kit, treat them as if they have No Mither.
Please provide criticism instead of assuming that I want survivors to be a cake walk since after all Dead by Daylight isn't all about buffing killers, ya know? If you only "Yes" or "No" responses then I'll just ignore you since you are not actually giving me criticism. The WHY portion is just as important as the "Yes" and "No" response.
I don't think it's ''bias'', but I did misunderstand how it works. I thought if you had a Med-Kit and you were down you could instantly use the Med-Kit to get back up. I must have skipped over the part where you would naturally recover and then use the Med-Kit to get up. That's ok and wouldn't be a problem, I can get behind this. Also ''bias''? Where did that come from?
Additionally, every time a survivor successfully recovers with a Med-Kit is one less heal since they are using charges. Not to say that you have to let them actually recover with a Med-Kit so if anything, this change wouldn't be noticeable if you just don't slug in general. Same question that I asked the previous user: Do you ever slug a No Mither?
So for an actual criticism----This would be ok because you still need to recover and then you sacrifice the entire Med-Kit to get back up. The Recovery cap is 95% right now so drive-bys are a thing, this is basically a drive by given to yourself and not relying on someone to come get you. This like Unbreakable but as an item and Survivors only use that perk against Sluggers which is rare so it's usually a wasted perk, now if you don't have the perk and you got slugged you at least have your Med-Kit.
Medkits are fine as they are Imo apart from Insta heal as I think that should have a set of circumstances to be usable such as you cannot be in a chase.
About the bias, basically it means you are mostly for one side or you have favorites (ofc not the exact definition but a quick way to get the main idea). When you misunderstood and said it's a "insta heal" I thought you didn't like the idea even through it wouldn't make a difference in most killer game. Knowing this, I took it as bias since you did not want something that wouldn't affect most killers which seems like you are picking favorites. Now that I know it's a misunderstanding, it wasn't bias. However bias and a disagreement are two completely different things so not every disagreement can be bias, it could be an actual reason besides "my side is getting nerfed so no". It's complicated to explain really.
Ok you thought I favored Killers, makes sense. I think about both sides, I love playing killer more of course but it's not right to only view things from one side.
While you are true, this only applies to survivors that have Med-Kits with at least 16 charges. If you down a survivor with a Med-Kit, hook them so they cannot recover back to the injured state. Additionally, Franklin's gets a indirect buff because you can get rid of the Med-Kit as they go down and possibility reduce the amount of charges below 16. Knowing that you need 16 charges to recover to the injured state with a Med-Kit, the Med-Kit is no longer able to recover the survivor to the injured state.
Another thing is that the mechanic is like Deliverance where the survivor could waste 16 charges and backfire. A example is wasting 16 charges to recover when they could've saved those charges if they waited 15 seconds for their teammates to tap them.
If this happened medkits and Franklin's would become mandatory and Unbreakable would become useless. Overall it'd be a Survivor buff in the wrong area (self-sufficient recovery) which is the last thing this game needs.
so does a purple instaheal, which can only be used by another survivor
this is an absurd buff lmao
Nah, you won't notice anything. I think y'all are misunderstanding how this would work.
You have to recover like normal or recover with a Med-Kit with increased recovery speed until you reach 95%. Once at 95%, you'll need to use the Med-Kit to pass the recover limit and reach 99% recovery. If you are still holding the recover action for the Med-Kit, you'll recover to the injured state and consume 16 charges. You cannot do this if you have less than 16 charges but you can still use the increase recovery speed if you so please.
Now, for all of this to happen, you'll need to slug a survivor with a Med-Kit having at least 16 charges. If you're the type of killer that slugs then this might hurt if you slug survivors with a Med-kit otherwise, you'll be just fine. Besides, most killers just pick up survivors instantly anyways so this change would go mostly unnoticed.
Here's a better way to explain what my OP is suggesting:
Yes, it would be noticeable. What you are missing is that while it's not broken by itself its one more way for Survivors to get a do-over when they make a mistake. I would absolutely run Franklin's every game and tunnel medkit users, or just dodge them entirely. Killers cannot afford another mandatory perk to counter a BS Survivor tactic, and this would create just such a situation. It would also make slugging an even more niche tactic and a non-option, which would be bad for Survivors because Killers will be even more reluctant to ever leave someone on the ground if they dont have Franklin's and will therefore tunnel harder (which Survivors dislike and whine endlessly about).
Bigblackmori is also correct it would make Franklin's becomes mandatory for a lot of killers out there meaning the whole idea is useless and removes diversity.
Its a buff which is not needed imo as there is unbreakable which does exactly as this would but with a medkits being able to bring you out the dying state you don't have to sacrifice another perk which could be more useful.
Talking about slugging, I make sure the survivor doesn't have No Mither and if they do, I'll take a 3k anyways since I usually slug when I can easily down the final survivor. Same thing with this change, don't slug a survivor when they have a Med-Kit. No perk needed.
If you have anymore points I'll shoot it down with reasoning and justification.
I'm not against slugging anyways, this is just some common sense if you have something to heal yourself in a dire situation. Wouldn't you do the same if you had a Med-Kit in your hand and you're bleeding out?
Yes, you do need Franklin's with something like this in effect, because without a way to remove ALL possibility of a medkit save then situations where you cannot hook at all and would normally slug and continue chasing someone else become unwinnable scenarios. Example: If someone got downed a flashlight squad could easily just bodyblock and tap heal a teammate back up. A sabo squad could be nigh-unbeatable. (a No Mither sabo squad is already difficult to play against if you don't have Hangman's Trick).
To be perfectly clear: This would make one more Killer tactic so risky that if it wasn't hard-countered by a perk, then it couldn't be done at all. Do you understand? The way you play is not how everyone plays, and i'd say it's not even a smart way to play in many circumstances. Your experiences are not universal. Get it?
Edit: Actually, you win. I'm done with this thread; you don't want feedback. You just want to be right and you are either ignoring obvious issues or lack the experience to realize they exist. Regardless, i'm done.
Nope. And screw your communications standards. I dont have to abide by a damn thing you say.
You are missing the point we do have something for this scenario in the form of a perk but you sacrifice a perk to use it.
Yes you can see a medkit so It's common sense that any killer would simply run Franklin's nullifying the use of it for the most part and also its removing the slugging strat from the game as its also common sense that the majority of killers would simply hook you, so overall the change is useless.
It's a pointless change that is not needed.
Imagine you slug the DS guy and he can get up by its own at least 2 times (medkit and unbreakable). This makes DS in swf groups even stronger and you already have issues to deal with coordinated genrush.
But I like the idea of healing faster and up 99% with medkit. But not getting up by his own, one survivor should get someone up for the momentum
Unbreakable is a super strong perk can totally change and save a game for survivors. There is a reason why it's only one-time-use and why you have to "sacrifice" a perk slot for it.
If a medkit could let you use the Unbreakable effect that would simply be unbalanced.
Also, it would probably lead to killers not leaving survivors with medkits on the ground (similar to No Mither users) and/or killers dodging lobbies if they see medkits.
Bottom line: It would not bring more fun to the game.
They already dodge lobbies they don't feel like entering. They're more likely to bring franky's honestly.
I'd say change it to you can use med kit charges to recover faster so 1 charge - x ticks of faster recovery and depending on how many charges used determines how fast you recover to 99%.
The better the medkit the faster the recovery would be but also the more charges per tick that'd be consumed and perhaps make it require an addon to be used like that.
But total recovery I'd say no to unless you were using say Unbreakable and it helped you recover much more quickly.
I don't think so. Why use up a perk slot if they can dodge medkits and get another lobby instantly?
I like where you're going with the idea but it is a bit strong as originally designed given how easy it is to come by a medkit.
Would i be able to use my flashlight on the ground also? (Also last buff to recovery made slugging worse)
This would make unbreakable useless so no.
No but if they make a item that helps with this I would not mind, just make it slow healing instead of fast
If you want to have it in the game so hard, then make it an add-on that consumes the medkit after use.
Thanks for saying you don't want survivors to be a cake walk, a lot of people would assume you do if you don't make that clear. Second, I see why this would make sense in reality, but in-game it would be the worst thing since DS, I will try to explain the best I can.
Killers are against the clock. Putting survivors into the dying state buys us time, because that survivor can no longer do objectives until another comes and heals them (or they have no mither/unbreakable). The best outcome is that other survivors come to heal them, so you can have up to 3 survivors doing no generators, buying the killer time.
If survivors could bring DS, unbreakable and a medkit; slugging no longer becomes a useful tactic. Killers won't even bother downing the obsession because they will just get back up on their own, potentially more than once.
SWFs won't budge from their generators if the killer doesn't pick them up, because the dying survivor will pick themselves up.
If a killer wants the 4K, and wants to down the 3rd survivor to find the 4th before the hatch opens; this becomes much, much harder.
lol let's make Unbreakable an item
Or we could, you know, not do that.
I'd honestly be okay with being able to pick yourself up with a Medkit if it was only when you were fully recovered and it used an item similarly to Anti-Hemorage Syringe. I think if AHS allowed you to pick yourself up and go from Dying to Injured (and also used the medkit up) then it would give it more of a use for solo play. As it is currently Anti-Hemorage Syringe is basically only useful for SWF play and Styptic Agent is almost always better for solo play.
Self-sufficiency is actually the first thing this game needs, not the last.
I agree with OP that the change would be a step in the right direction. (To put faction-balance aside as it is relative)
Although I'd argue that preferably, we wouldn't have the ability to self-recover from the dying-state in a specific item, but that all survivors can recover from the dying state at a speed of around 40-60 seconds and faster with unbreakable instead.
The lack of self-sufficiency together with a lack of real ranking system is a big issue.
And even if we'd have a real ranking system, I still think dependency isn't really the way people like to play this game, as in;
Nobody likes to lose before they are dead.
Buffing Med-Kits?
Buff Maps & Keys, please.
Also, there would need to be a bigger sacrifice made, perhaps the loss of one perk or the inability to heal passed the injured state for 5 minutes.
While I think it’s a cool concept I can’t see it making it past a PTB due to it kind of having no significance and just taking away from the danger the killer poses.
I'd say yes but only if the medkit was green or purple, so won't work with brown or yellow medkits
Wow, it's amazing how much survivors have become hated. It's gotten to a point that if someone suggests the slightest buff toward them, they shoot it down without bothering to actually read the reasoning behind it.
1) the dying survivor with a medkit can recover normally up to 95%, without any acceleration (they must recover from a strong trauma), except they have Unbreakable;
+Respect