Dying State and Med-Kit

Please provide criticism instead of assuming that I want survivors to be a cake walk since after all Dead by Daylight isn't all about buffing killers, ya know? If you only provide "Yes" or "No" responses then I'll just ignore you since you are not actually giving me criticism. The WHY portion is just as important as the "Yes" and "No" response.

Dying State Introduction

I just had a thought, I been downed and slugged while carrying a Med-Kit. I been waiting for my inevitable sacrifice that awaits me until something amazing hit me...

Wouldn't make sense if you could use a Med-Kit to heal yourself to the injured state?

Mechanics

Overall, I think it would make sense if you could use a Med-Kit to recover back to the injured state.

Med-Kit:
- Grants the ability to recover from dying state if you have 16 charges remaining.
- Consumes 16 charges when you use it to recover to the injured state.
- Med-Kit will ignore the recover limit.
- Tremendously increases the recovery speed while not consuming any charges.

Demonstration:

You have to recover like normal or recover with a Med-Kit with increased recovery speed until you reach 95%. Once at 95%, you'll need to use the Med-Kit to pass the recover limit and reach 99% recovery. If you are still holding the recover action for the Med-Kit, you'll recover to the injured state and consume 16 charges. You cannot do this if you have less than 16 charges but you can still use the increase recovery speed if you so please.

This could open a lot of possibilities such as you cannot slug a survivor that has a Med-Kit but at the same time, the survivor will have to sacrifice charges so it isn't a free jail card. My idea could be tweaked if in case it's OP or under OP so please, criticism is appreciated!

Comments

  • I like the idea, but applying it to medkits in general is a bad idea since it would create some predictable and one-way situations.
    I think it would be nice as a rework for the Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe for a couple reasons: first it's ultra rare, so Unbreakable wouldn't loose much value; second, the current AHS benefits exclusively SWF since it needs good coordination to not get wasted, this way instead it could be a valuable tool for solo survivors.

  • Doesn't the common medkit have 16 charges? That would make anyone be able to get off the floor since it's a very easy item to obtain. It would also make Unbreakable quite useless. Maybe if the charges would be increased to a much higher number it would be reasonable.
    @EntityDispleased
    How does 24 sound?
  • You don't need a "mandatory perk" to counter this, just pick the survivor up when you down them. No perk is needed to do a simple task. I do this every time when I play my Spirit unless I can end the game practically instantly by slugging another survivor.

    Talking about slugging, I make sure the survivor doesn't have No Mither and if they do, I'll take a 3k anyways since I usually slug when I can easily down the final survivor. Same thing with this change, don't slug a survivor when they have a Med-Kit. No perk needed.

    If you have anymore points I'll shoot it down with reasoning and justification.

    Yes, you do need Franklin's with something like this in effect, because without a way to remove ALL possibility of a medkit save then situations where you cannot hook at all and would normally slug and continue chasing someone else become unwinnable scenarios. Example: If someone got downed a flashlight squad could easily just bodyblock and tap heal a teammate back up. A sabo squad could be nigh-unbeatable. (a No Mither sabo squad is already difficult to play against if you don't have Hangman's Trick).

    To be perfectly clear: This would make one more Killer tactic so risky that if it wasn't hard-countered by a perk, then it couldn't be done at all. Do you understand? The way you play is not how everyone plays, and i'd say it's not even a smart way to play in many circumstances. Your experiences are not universal. Get it?

    Edit: Actually, you win. I'm done with this thread; you don't want feedback. You just want to be right and you are either ignoring obvious issues or lack the experience to realize they exist. Regardless, i'm done.

    @BigBlackMori

    "
    Example: If someone got downed a flashlight squad could easily just bodyblock and tap heal a teammate back up. A sabo squad could be nigh-unbeatable."

    Yeah maybe... but who's on generators? They are wasting resources on something that's not progressing the game so if anything, they are shooting themselves in the foot. 

    "
    This would make one more Killer tactic so risky that if it wasn't hard-countered by a perk, then it couldn't be done at all."

    Just pick the survivor up and hook them. Slugging is so inefficient anyways. So much that the only time a killer should slug is if they can finish the game right then and there.

    "
    Actually, you win. I'm done with this thread; you don't want feedback. You just want to be right and you are either ignoring obvious issues or lack the experience to realize they exist. Regardless, i'm done."

    This is so childish on your part, I'm been accepting feedback in this thread such as increasing the amount of charges required to 24 *coff coff* @EntityDispleased. Additionally, @Entità has been offering some feedback as well and I'm thinking about how I can improve their idea.

    About being wrong, I'm completely fine with being wrong but you have to have reasoning and justification to prove me wrong. Think of it as an argumentative essay where you're on side and I'm on the other side while we say our points.
  • I don't know why so many people are saying this would kill Unbreakable. Well, with Unbreakable you can do it without a medkit or consuming charges. And... Unbreakable could be changed. Perks change literally every month or so. 

    I don't know why so many people are saying this would kill Unbreakable. Well, with Unbreakable you can do it without a medkit or consuming charges. And... Unbreakable could be changed. Perks change literally every month or so. 
    Perks dont change that often only bad perks get changed sometimes
  • One thing I'd add to my earlier post is that it has to be base charges of the medkit no addons can be used to buff the charges up. So it has to be either a green or purple kit and it also can't have any addon added to it.

  • @Nickenzie the issue is, the Killer HAS to pressure the survivors to even stand a chance and slugging (especially the obsession) is one of the most important things to keep the momentum high. With a medkit it would be to easy to take all the momentum away a killer created.
    Imagine you slug the DS guy and he can get up by its own at least 2 times (medkit and unbreakable). This makes DS in swf groups even stronger and you already have issues to deal with coordinated genrush.

    But I like the idea of healing faster and up 99% with medkit. But not getting up by his own, one survivor should get someone up for the momentum 
    Perhaps, the amount of charges required can be increased to 24 charges instead of 16 charges so you can't bring just a Camping Med-Kit. How would that sound? :)
  • This buff would make too OP the medkits and become useless some perks, no mither almost useless and unbreakable totally useless. Ok both are useless, but even more useless...

  • IamFran said:

    This buff would make too OP the medkits and become useless some perks, no mither almost useless and unbreakable totally useless. Ok both are useless, but even more useless...

    Unbreakable doesn't require a Med-Kit and you're not holding a Med-Kit that the killer can see so the killer doesn't know if you can fully recover.
  • Master said:


    ~.~

    Nice feedback! :)

    10/10!
  • @Nickenzie maybe instead of self revive, it fills the recovery bar faster? 
  • I'd negotiate adding in an Ultra Rare Medkit for this. I like this idea.

  • @Iceman said:
    I like the concept but I think it should be ultra rare medkit only. This feature will increase the use of franklin demise. I am all for more game play styles.  

    I rate this idea, should be like some medkits unlock sabo, some should unlock recovery at the cost of perhaps speed or charges

  • @Nickenzie maybe instead of self revive, it fills the recovery bar faster? 
    This can work too but it should use less charges since those charges can go to waste very easily.

    It takes 32 seconds to reach 100% recovery (If it was possible).
    With a Med-Kit, it should take 16 seconds to reach 100% recovery (If it was possible). Additionally, the Med-Kit will use half the normal charges when used when in dying state?
  • Perhaps it uses the entire item, and it require an Emergency Med Kit or above.After all, these ones are described as being used in life-threatening situations.

  • @Master said:

    ~.~

    That's awesome.

  • Eh, why not. It'll give people more of a reason to use them I guess.
  • Maybe we could let it go up to 99%, and it burns through the charges the same way saboteur was burning through tool boxes before the perk buff a few months back. But it shouldn't do 100%. Honestly I'd feel like it should consume an entire Medkit of any level to raise yourself from 95% to 99%.

    It would still cause the survivor to be dependent on external help, and remove your ability to heal yourself if a survivor does help you up.

    I'd want there to be a delay for self care though. Like maybe a survivor who was just helped from death by another can't be healed for 15-30 seconds? Or maybe the self care bar reduces when a survivor runs since they aren't finished healing, and are straining themselves and the injury they have?

  • I'm on the team that says it should be an add-on (maybe rare?) instead of a general buff. Or they can even make a new perk based on this concept.
1 2 ›