Lobby simulator
20+ minutes with no game and getting lobby dodged along the way, I figured rank reset would speed the times up
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
This thread had me thinking, if the game only needs 20% of players to play Killer at any given time to have full games and wait times for survivors are taking this long, I wonder how many players are actually playing killer.
It wouldn't surprise me since I almost exclusively see people playing survivors on the twitch DBD game page. and the fact that Killer for me I could only play a few games of since it can be very draining sometimes where as survivor is less work and more re-playable.
That's the tricky part with asymmetrical games. You need 4 times the amount of Survivors than Killers so you need to make one side more appealing to play. The implementation of SWF was the best way for them to boost the Suruvivors playerbase and even out the 4:1 ratio.
Yeah I meant in general. You know, the good killers. Huntress, Clown, Spirit, Hillbilly and so on. Freddy is underpowered, no doubt, in my opinion not as much as others say, but he needs a bit of help. Trapper and possibly Leatherface as well. Doc and Pig could also still use some small buffs.
Jaws meant that killers who lobbydodge because 4 survivors spawn at the same time do it as a reflex action, like when you hit a skill check.
Jaws actually says that not every swf group is a death squad and killers should stop being afraid of them.
Nope, they get scared of flashlights.
I don't lobby dodge, I don't see the point. i'm either gonna get my ass handed to me or do some ass kicking. I honestly don't care either way.
the survivor queue is terrible at the minute on PS4
Same, and I've had some of the best matches against full 4 flashlight squads at times since it's especially satisfying when you kill all 4.
I see it the same way. It's similar to Survivors MLGA blocking certain Killers or all the people that derank on purpose to avoid "tryhard".
In my opinion, tryhards are simply players that play the game optimally and therefore give me the biggest challenge and the best matches. It's exactly what I am looking for, I don't want easy games where I can mindlessly repair gens or kill survivors. I want matches where I have to use my brain to win.
I hope killers aren't dodging for 40 minutes. I easily and regularly get destroyed by deranked 4-man SWFs. It is no fun. But anyone going for the weakest lobby possible? Then I agree with you.
Most of us want a balance. I don't care about getting a specific number of kills, I just want a game were the survivors are at my level. If they are SWF, then I'd like to see them below my level. If they are 4 solos, go ahead and give me players that are all above my skill level to remove MY advantage.
Yes and the PC/console can monitor the pings. If they are mostly red, allow the lobby quit without penalty. Those killers that don't usually lobby dodge would also get a fairer ratio of solo players if everyone has to face SWFs.
All of my posts have been regarding your misinterpretation of @JawsIsTheNextKiller 's
hilarious skillcheck analogy that you took at face value.
I'm the same for those dodging killers the moment the game loads or that use MLGa on either side and hopefully they do start making queue penalties.
For all the ones that say they'd stop playing go ahead really because you're just ruining things as it is even when you know it's 4 solos.
The game could be killer favored and most would still dodge and blame it on swf even if there was a separate lobby for it they'd dodge or make excuses.
All you do now is making ######### up now. I make ######### up now aswell:
There are far more Survivors using MLGA to block Killers than there are Killers that frequently lobby dodge for "no reason".
What now?
So what am I making up, cmon now you made the claim now back it up, so time to put your proof where everyone can see it.
Also I never said there were more killers using MLGA than survivors now did I, but hey nice try or it would've had i actually claimed that.it would've been had I claimed that.
Your lack of reading comprehension is pissing me off. Where did I say that YOU claimed that more Killers use MLGA? Please take the time to actually understand what you just read before creating nonsense like that. It was just a random thing that I claimed to demonstrate your way of "discussing" with absolutely no relation to ANYthing you said previously.
That's the ######### you made up:
If there is no reason to dodge, there is no dodging.
I'm not the one with lack of reading comprehension here, you posted that in response to me thus implying i said it and now you're backtracking and trying to deflect blame onto me.
The only one not putting relation here is you by trying to deflect and claim things then when called toss more blame.
Yet you fail to see the actual logic behind what I said still since some killers on here have stated quite clearly they'll dodge even solo players if they don't like the outfits, items etc.
So since some killers have stated they'd still have a reason to dodge that means that you guess it there would be dodging.
Now before you go trying to bash me again read what I said and realize I had facts behind what I said and I didn't make that up.
Thank you, the only thing I realized is that you're wasting my time with your excessive and nonsensual bias.
Maybe, that's your experience. I rarely get dodged, doesn't matter if I play on PC or PS4.
I honestly see a lot more Survivors joining a lobby and leaving it again, mostly because they try to stream snipe their favourite streamer. That's technically exactly the same as Killers dodging lobbies.
Are you serious?
Btw, killers started dodging at the last second, when last second switching became popular.
Cause and effect.
At least you're getting the better one out of the 2 choices.
I wish i got more lobby dodges than ingame dodges...
Since there is no way to see the other survivors ping, the killer might have dodged because of the other survivors.
Either the long survivor queues are a matchmaking issue like the killer queues a month ago, or killers left and there are to many survivors.
Anyway, you could just switch sides and get instant lobbies.
Translation: You realized you made a mistake and don't want to admit it and so go the troll route.
Oh and one last tidbit I've been maining killer for months now and I've got no bias here, I call out both sides equally.
It makes totally sense though.
Think it's bad now? Give it two weeks after dedicated servers and killers know every match is a SWF group.
4 strangers = 30%
2 friends + 2 strangers = 34.1%
2 friends + 2 friends = 9.5%
3 friends + 1 stranger = 17.9%
4 friends = 8.5%
If all the killers that spent so much time complaining on the forums day in and day out spent half that time trying to get better and not dodging they'd realize swf isn't that hard to play against.
I'd say there are way more swf than before.
It really depends on the group. Most are potatoes and some are death squads. The later scared a lot of killers by deranking and bullying new killers.
This is a pvp game, but I've never seen a game where people try to get their enemies banned all the time
While true it's still the only real stat other than the survival rate at rank 1 to go off of and as far as the death squads we both know those are very rare comparatively. I've been destroyed more by competent solo players than death squad swf groups.
In all of my playtime i've never faced more than perhaps 50 true death squads and of those 50 I've only really gottne destroyed about 15 times. The other 35 times I either broek even aka 2 kills, got 3 or 4 kills or it took them a good 15+ minutes to escape with lots of hooks even 2nd ones.
But the competent solo players either 4 solo or 2 solo's have been much tougher overall that the mystical swat squads.
That's an "on point" translation of our little conversation we had, well done :^)
I played a few rounds of survivor last night(PS4) with very little trouble finding a lobby. 2 nights ago it was a different story. Lobby times for me had to be over 15 mins so i left and did something else.
Those stats are over 1 year old now.
SWF has drastically increased since then