Lobby simulator
20+ minutes with no game and getting lobby dodged along the way, I figured rank reset would speed the times up
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Tought you guys hated killers anyway
now you dont have to deal with toxic killers! Try 4 man-ing without a killer, ya know? Do gens, no killer, no risk.. very fun! Oh wait ....
Yeah survivor queues are bugged, doesn't matter if you play solo or with friends, and 70% of the times i find a lobby i get dodged, even when playing solo.
The survivor queues have been rough the last few nights on PS4.
I'm pretty sure it's a lobby problem, like killers had months ago.
I thought killers have it so easy now that everybody is playing killer?
Uhm aha, so how is it possible that I get instant queues as killer? Sounds weird to me that only one part of the community suffers from those queue time bugs while the other side can play. In the end you need both sides for a game?
Is it actually a bug? Has there been an official statement from someone on the team? I just assumed it was because there was more survivors playing than killers since I've noticed my lobbies as Killer have gotten a lot quicker.
I go from a 10 minutes wait to a dodged lobby to a “You can’t join the game” and I have to close the game and reopen it.
I think I joined the same guy 5 times in a row and he kept lobby dodging (a shame too, he had a consistent green ping) and even now I’m getting lobby dodge after lobby dodge after 15+ minutes of waiting. I am genuinely upset by this...
How do killers have it so easy now? Just because the game is actually quite well balanced? Killer can still be way more stressful than survivor. I mean you don't really believe killer lobby times back then were long cause everybody played killer, yet now that survivors have to wait longer it must be a bug?
I used to be a diehard Killer main but I switched sides a few months ago when Killers suffered from ridiculous wait times. Never really went back to Killer.
I get more or less instant lobbies and I get dodged maybe once in 10 lobbies, probably because of some toxic SWF plebs.
Great way to start a Killer vs Survivor debatte.
I thought Survivor mains had enough balls to play without Voice Communication.
Your turn again.
True, I never play after rank reset. I always take a week break at least because I dont enjoy facing toxic survivors at all
Sucks when you bullied all killers away and the only killer remaining has you on some sort of blacklist
I just queued as survivor and I can verify this. Hilarious
Lobby simulation best game ever! rsrs
10 or 15 min for find match
Mhm yeah, but I guess you dont wanna play killer after rank reset either

I will turn back to my other games now and come back (maybe) in a week or sth like that, I heard civ 5 is a great game.....
Ever wondered why people dodge SWF? It's not coming "out of nowhere", there is a reason for this...
But as i was saying, they dodge me even when playing solo now.
Well then the problem is solved, simply play killer
I think killers are dodging lobbies because 4 survivors keep coming up at once, probably because the devs have sneaked the new matchmaking system in. It is muscle memory - a reflex. A bit like one of your survivor skill checks. Within a fraction of a second of 4 people popping up we hit leave.
Killers have to get used to the fact that it doesn't necessarily mean its a grief squad any more.
Most of my lobbies have been either very quick or get instant dodged the moment killer either sees your name, MLGA kicks in, they check profiles, and or don't like the clothing.
For the ones that don't dodge games are generally good for both sides, lots of good chases and escapes and killer outplays.
Neither do I, because I'm actually looking for the SWF challenge. That doesn't change the fact that they are incredibly toxic and I'm not talking about playstyles but chat conversations and profile comments. I don't care if they like to abuse flashlights or loops but if they feel the need to insult me after I rek them, that's toxic. That's the result of the mob mentality within a SWF. If you trigger one, you triggered all of them and they'll use their VOIP to find the best insults to throw at the Killer after the match.
I guess it's my experience vs yours at that point so a discussion would be pointless. I still only very, very rarely get dodged.
Just because you are solo doesn't mean everyone else in the lobby is. Maybe you get matched with 3x SWFs all the time? No offense but I don't think you're so important that people would specificly try to avoid you personally but I know that people like to think "the Killer dodged because of ME! I'm OP!"
I might get matched with 3 SWF sometimes, but not every time i've been dodged. Also there are some killers that dodge for any silly reason too, so there's that...
Just play killer with your friends in discord, this way you can listen to each other cursing about survivors
This.
I'm sure it's not a bug. It seems as if there simply is a lack of people wanting to play killer.
I play both killer and survivor and get lobbies instantly as a killer. As a survivor, I have to wait a couple of minutes.
If this problem continues to exist, the devs would need to do something to make playing killer more attractive.
Lol well that's fair enough. We are in agreement that killers are no longer underpowered. At all.
Oh absolutely. Just like many Survivors MLGA block Killers for silly reasons, the Survivors equivalent to lobby dodging. This debatte between Survivors and Killers has to stop as in the end both sides are very similar regarding behaviour.
One thing that remains though, is that people in a SWF tend to be a lot more toxic (insulting) than solos or Killers, that's for sure. Not exclusively, but a lot more likely.
Not at all what you said but nvm.
Freddy would like to have a word with you
We know that the still-current matchmaking system is not perfect (and will soon be replaced by another system).
If there is an open lobby available and you fit perfectly as a survivor (rank-wise etc.) then you might get into that lobby within seconds (and others who wait longer but don't fit so well don't get that open spot).
I'm talking about the observation that survivor waiting times are in general much longer than those for killers. That heavily indicates that there are not enough killers at the moment.