Giving up is making this game borderline unplayable

I don't care which side you play more; survivors who give up screw the game for everyone involved. A perfectly winnable match can be completely turned when a single survivor gives up

Survivor didn't got the perks they wanted in Chaos Shuffle? They give up. Survivor had a bad first chase and got hooked? They give up. Survivor got found in a locker? Yep, they give up.

This game would be healthier if you didn't have the ability to try to self-unhook unless you were running Deliverance or Slippery Meat, and you should not get skill checks at all during the second hook phase.

Also, there's currently no penalty if a survivor AFKs as soon as they're hooked, or if they just throw the match and go directly to the killer to be killed. Yet, if killers AFK, they get the full DC penalty. Make it make sense, please.

Comments

  • Two hooks before two gens is a crazy take and not an ez win i mostly play killer and never considered two hooks was an easy match for me even when i play survivor if everybody on first hook then sure but not two hooks like cmon that says more about you then anything

    @Junylar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3723780#Comment_3723780

    As a rule of thumb, two hooks before two gens = ez win for the killer.

  • @aewi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3723852#Comment_3723852

    Today I learned that apparently just leaving a match is entitlement. 🤣

    Some folks feel they're entitled to your time

  • @aewi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724240#Comment_3724240

    yeah idk. it's one thing to say "i don't like when people give up" but it's another to go on to berate these individuals and act like they scorned you just by going next.

    like i can't imagine caring about this so much, i consider myself neutral on it, if someone doesn't want to play, unfortunately i just cannot force them to play, but giving up still kinda sucks for the match. i never will understand these people who act like you just insulted their beloved mother in front of them. "how dare you!!!" 🤣

    Yeah I'm the same. A few years ago I was the opposite - crying that letting go on hook was unfair etc. I think I've become a bit jaded over time with this game. I never see people DC or let go because theyve spotted the killer and dont like them, not even with SM anymore. Almost all of the time it's if they're being camped or tunnelled. If the killer wants someone out the game asap then I'm not sure why they're so upset when the person decides to give them what they want. Think of your team mates? The same team mates who won't take protection hits, won't attempt to take aggro, won't hook trade, won't touch gens, refuse to do anything injured... those team mates? I'm indifferent at this point in time

  • @aewi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3723941#Comment_3723941

    What a weird comparison. It's an unserious game that isn't nearly as important as a sports match. Sports matches hold people's careers, DBD is literally just a video game that you can go next over if someone else does if it's genuinely made into an unwinnable match. You're free to dislike people who give up, but cut out the horrible comparisons that just make you look like you take this game far too seriously. 😂

    Some people just have their lives depending on DBD

  • It's super upsetting when someone goes on 1st hook like that. I think it's a reflection of how those people feel with the current state of the game. I'm not saying it's a right decision, as it typically always screws your teammates, but I'm also not going to pretend like I don't understand why it happens. The current state of the game isn't super fun for many survivors, especially in solo q which is the majority of survivor players, I believe. The game is much different than it was a few years ago wether people accept those stats or not, and while I think this is a healthy shift, it's going to take time for people to get used to losing this often.

    Sometimes just gg and go next means next, next, next, next, next and some people hit a breaking point, as I would expect any human person to. The best thing to do is just log off the game. But speaking from personal experience, you convince yourself that surely the next one won't be so bad because the past ten have been and it's a nasty cycle. You have to realize when you're getting tilted and just end for the day.

    Going on 1st is not the right decision, but it's important to consider why so many people feel it's the best decision.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3723760#Comment_3723760

    Why play out a lost game?

    Killers are expected to. So little they DC it's laughted at and seen as cowardly. Survivors though, its all oh woe is me and not held into acount.

    Yeah, the double standards in this game are so obvious. I wonder if we'll ever get a logical explanation. I'll laugh when a killer DC's, sure. But I don't make fun of them; I pity them because I've been there too.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @vBlossom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724408#Comment_3724408

    And I don't because it means that such killer previously had to use some busted combo to boost their MMR.

    Why should I be sorry to someone that probably used Eruption + CoB + Overcharge and then is miserable because perk that he was so reliant to got nerfed?

    Some cases ofc "you can be matched wrongly / there are smurf teams", but most of the cases is that killers are boosted by broken perks, those perks got nerfed and they are then bulled by 4 man SWFs

    The amount of generalization in just a single comment is insane, lmao.

    "If a Killer disconnects then it must be because they're facing SWF, and if they're being bullied by them, it means that in the past they used a broken combo so they deserve it."

    Do you even hear yourself?

  • I’m going to do a bit of us verse then.

    If 80% to 90% of your games aren’t solo-queue, then you really don’t have a valid opinion on DCs and suicides in solo-queue. You absolutely don’t understand how ungodly miserable the solo-queue experience is until you play it that consistently.
    if you’re playing killer or SWF, you may lose a couple of games before winning again. However, for the majority of solo-queue players, you are oppressively losing game after game after game. It’s common for solo-queue to lose 10 to 20 games in a row. Of course that makes people want to suicide or DC.

    Killer mains and SWFs are basically sitting in this bubble filled with abundant food and fertile fields while looking at these solo-queue players, in their bubble, that’s a desert with one serving of turnip stew and can’t understand why solo-queue players are giving up all the time.

  • @Shuma said:

    I’m going to do a bit of us verse then.

    If 80% to 90% of your games aren’t solo-queue, then you really don’t have a valid opinion on DCs and suicides in solo-queue. You absolutely don’t understand how ungodly miserable the solo-queue experience is until you play it that consistently.
    if you’re playing killer or SWF, you may lose a couple of games before winning again. However, for the majority of solo-queue players, you are oppressively losing game after game after game. It’s common for solo-queue to lose 10 to 20 games in a row. Of course that makes people want to suicide or DC.

    Killer mains and SWFs are basically sitting in this bubble filled with abundant food and fertile fields while looking at these solo-queue players, in their bubble, that’s a desert with one serving of turnip stew and can’t understand why solo-queue players are giving up all the time.

    Solo Queue would win more games if people weren't so quick to rage quit over what ever minor annoyance got to them.

    I've had several good nights of solo queue where I got matched with decent players who didn't quit at the drop of a hat.

  • @Shuma said:

    I’m going to do a bit of us verse then.

    If 80% to 90% of your games aren’t solo-queue, then you really don’t have a valid opinion on DCs and suicides in solo-queue. You absolutely don’t understand how ungodly miserable the solo-queue experience is until you play it that consistently.
    if you’re playing killer or SWF, you may lose a couple of games before winning again. However, for the majority of solo-queue players, you are oppressively losing game after game after game. It’s common for solo-queue to lose 10 to 20 games in a row. Of course that makes people want to suicide or DC.

    Killer mains and SWFs are basically sitting in this bubble filled with abundant food and fertile fields while looking at these solo-queue players, in their bubble, that’s a desert with one serving of turnip stew and can’t understand why solo-queue players are giving up all the time.

    I play exclusively Solo Q, and survivors still give up at the minor inconvenience, that's the whole problem. It's not a "us vs. them" situation because, as a killer, I couldn't care less. it's as a survivor that it bothers me.

    Solo Q can be hell: if the killer finds someone quickly, you know that you probably won't win, if a Sable goes to the basement as soon as the match starts to do an invocation, you know the match is probably lost. But that IS Solo Q. Are we really going to start cherry-picking games until those people find a game that goes how they want it to go? How many games are they allowed to ruin in the process?

    If they want to give up, fine, give up and go next. But the game should punish you the same way as if you disconnected, with penalties that increase in time the same way as when you disconnect. Otherwise, what stops people from picking their games just because something didn't go as they planned?

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724604#Comment_3724604

    Solo Queue would win more games if people weren't so quick to rage quit over what ever minor annoyance got to them.

    I've had several good nights of solo queue where I got matched with decent players who didn't quit at the drop of a hat.

    You mistake the cause for the consequence. In your good soloQ games nobody quits precisely because they are good games, so there is no reason to quit. When survivors quit, it's usually because the game has a minuscule chance of a win, and therefore they decide it's not worth it staying here. The game is already bad and that causes survivors to quit as soon as they realize. And it might not be so obvious to you, and might seem as if the survivor let go with no reason, but that survivor just might have a better game sense, or seen something you didn't see, like auras of the other 2 teammates doing nothing, or one teammate staying AFK for a minute since the trial loaded, or he might have been sandbagged, or he was on a gen with the console Bill in green sweater who was missing skillchecks, and so on.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724668#Comment_3724668

    You mistake the cause for the consequence. In your good soloQ games nobody quits precisely because they are good games, so there is no reason to quit. When survivors quit, it's usually because the game has a minuscule chance of a win, and therefore they decide it's not worth it staying here. The game is already bad and that causes survivors to quit as soon as they realize. And it might not be so obvious to you, and might seem as if the survivor let go with no reason, but that survivor just might have a better game sense, or seen something you didn't see, like auras of the other 2 teammates doing nothing, or one teammate staying AFK for a minute since the trial loaded, or he might have been sandbagged, or he was on a gen with the console Bill in green sweater who was missing skillchecks, and so on.

    The actual issue is too many survivors have an entitlement how they think the match should go and way too many survivors give up without even giving the game a chance.

    I've had a game where someone got caught early, immediately suicided on hook, and then the rest of still managed to get a 3 man escape because we were able to take the killer on extremely long chases and the survivor who quit just got caught out in a bad spot.

    There's no other reasoning to rage quits other than the game wasn't go exactly how they wanted to and trying to fix the game for those players is an impossible task.

  • @aewi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724702#Comment_3724702

    another misuse of the word entitlement lol, this dbd stuff is so serious to these people.

    It is very entitled to queue up for a PvP game and dropping out, because X didn't go the way the you wanted it to.

  • For someone who said earlier you weren't defending rage quitting, it's very weird you keep defending it.

  • @aewi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724710#Comment_3724710

    how am i defending it? by saying you are taking this too seriously. which is a very neutral statement? 😂 okay, whatever you need to say to make yourself feel that i'm wrong and you're right.

    It's the only reason you would want to contest the use of the word entitlement. Players who aren't entitled don't rage quit. It's only entitled players who can't handle the game no going the perfect way they want it to.

  • @aewi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724714#Comment_3724714

    The only reason i'd contest you using a word incorrectly is that I must be disagreeing with you on the topic of giving up. Okay buddy 😂

    Which again goes back to defending rage quitting. Entitled players rage quit. Non entitled players do not rage quit.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724705#Comment_3724705

    It is very entitled to queue up for a PvP game and dropping out, because X didn't go the way the you wanted it to.

    When in chess you see that your opponent has a winning position and you surrender instead of prolonging the game to the obvious checkmate, does it make you "entitled, because the game didn't go the way you wanted to"? By the way, most of chess games end up with surrenders, because the defeat is usually obvious several moves before the actual checkmate.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724707#Comment_3724707

    When in chess you see that your opponent has a winning position and you surrender instead of prolonging the game to the obvious checkmate, does it make you "entitled, because the game didn't go the way you wanted to"? By the way, most of chess games end up with surrenders, because the defeat is usually obvious several moves before the actual checkmate.

    Chess is a 1v1 game. In games like LoL where you are on a team, you have a vote surrender.

    There's no valid excuse for giving up and screwing over your own teammates. If you don't want to play out games of DBD, then don't queue up in the first place.

  • What comes to mind is, regardless of whether that player decides the game is lost and wants to move on (or whatever the reason is), it's still a selfish and entitled position, because it leaves 3 other survivors in a terrible position, and one killer who also mostly feels like the trial has become unfun.

    The selfishness of one ruins it for the others, and regarding some declarations that "the game is lost anyway" - yes, it is after you wimped out! There have been many trials where survivors have been hooked early, yet still got out alive! Heck, I remember being hooked twice in the first few minutes of a game, yet still got out.

    No matter the excuses, the fact remains is that when someone declares they left because a game is lost because of an early down is heavily unempathetic and childlike. If I felt his way about this game, I just wouldn't play it - there are many other games I'd probably enjoy more if this was my mentality.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724733#Comment_3724733

    Chess is a 1v1 game. In games like LoL where you are on a team, you have a vote surrender.

    There's no valid excuse for giving up and screwing over your own teammates. If you don't want to play out games of DBD, then don't queue up in the first place.

    Chess is a 1v1 game. In games like LoL where you are on a team, you have a vote surrender.

    Well, the surrender vote is still not implemented in DbD (although it is in some DbD clones), and the killer is one player who also can't surrender. It just shows how far DbD is from being completely thought-through in this regard. Also, until MMR starts counting survivors as a whole team (as some DbD clones do) instead of 1v1v1v1v1, I refuse to think of survivors as of a team too. After all, MMR shows the intention of the devs much more clearly than anything else: if the devs think that survivors are not a team, than who are we to argue with them?

    There's no valid excuse for giving up and screwing over your own
    teammates. If you don't want to play out games of DBD, then don't queue
    up in the first place.

    It's nice how you completely ignored everything said above and decided to repeat the same phrase that has been repeated for years, all over again. If seeing your teammates doing absolutely nothing or even screwing you over is not a good enough reason to go next - then I don't know what a "waste of time" is according to you. And please, stop using this strawman about "you don't like all games of DbD in general", nobody said anything about "not wanting to play games of DbD", we are speaking about a very specific kind of games.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724746#Comment_3724746

    Chess is a 1v1 game. In games like LoL where you are on a team, you have a vote surrender.

    Well, the surrender vote is still not implemented in DbD (although it is in some DbD clones), and the killer is one player who also can't surrender. It just shows how far DbD is from being completely thought-through in this regard. Also, until MMR starts counting survivors as a whole team (as some DbD clones do) instead of 1v1v1v1v1, I refuse to think of survivors as of a team too. After all, MMR shows the intention of the devs much more clearly than anything else: if the devs think that survivors are not a team, than who are we to argue with them?

    There's no valid excuse for giving up and screwing over your own
    teammates. If you don't want to play out games of DBD, then don't queue
    up in the first place.

    It's nice how you completely ignored everything said above and decided to repeat the same phrase that has been repeated for years, all over again. If seeing your teammates doing absolutely nothing or even screwing you over is not a good enough reason to go next - then I don't know what a "waste of time" is according to you. And please, stop using this strawman about "you don't like all games of DbD in general", nobody said anything about "not wanting to play games of DbD", we are speaking about a very specific kind of games.

    For the vast, vast majority this does not happen. It's nice you're not refering all the times people give up because they got downed once, or decoded they don't want to play. It's a subjective belief that people often exaggerate and use as an excuse. The reason its repeated is because the reasoning doesn't change and it's a valid response. Validity isn't a trend you can shift along.

    Also, I will continue to use the "strawman" comment that if someone is repeatedly doing this then they should play something else, or - and this is perhaps a more lenient solution - dump repeated quitters together with each other to play games amongst themselves. Again, this is a valid argument because why play something you'd repeatedly give up on.

    Finally, if my team mates are deliberately screwing me over, I gather the evidence and send it over as a report. I've had reports come back to me saying an action has been taken (which I know doesn't always mean it was because of that specific report)but shows it's worked.

    Basically, I'll keep my stance on this, I have seen people end themselves far more for petty reasons than not, and if a position has been maintained for years - as you say - there's a good reason why.

    Anyway, I'll leave it here. These discussions can get animated and I prefer not to waste my time on back and forth arguments where neither side would ultimately agree or meet in the middle. I don't get that vibe from yiu and know I won't be changing any time soon regarding this opinion.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724797#Comment_3724797

    For the vast, vast majority this does not happen. It's nice you're not refering all the times people give up because they got downed once, or decoded they don't want to play. It's a subjective belief that people often exaggerate and use as an excuse. The reason its repeated is because the reasoning doesn't change and it's a valid response. Validity isn't a trend you can shift along.

    Also, I will continue to use the "strawman" comment that if someone is repeatedly doing this then they should play something else, or - and this is perhaps a more lenient solution - dump repeated quitters together with each other to play games amongst themselves. Again, this is a valid argument because why play something you'd repeatedly give up on.

    Finally, if my team mates are deliberately screwing me over, I gather the evidence and send it over as a report. I've had reports come back to me saying an action has been taken (which I know doesn't always mean it was because of that specific report)but shows it's worked.

    Basically, I'll keep my stance on this, I have seen people end themselves far more for petty reasons than not, and if a position has been maintained for years - as you say - there's a good reason why.

    Anyway, I'll leave it here. These discussions can get animated and I prefer not to waste my time on back and forth arguments where neither side would ultimately agree or meet in the middle. I don't get that vibe from yiu and know I won't be changing any time soon regarding this opinion.

    For the vast, vast majority this does not happen

    Although there are people who just quit without reason, one should not equalize them to every occasion when this happens. Once again, you don't see what the other person sees: once you are downed, you literally see all your teammates' auras, and at this moment you can sometimes know for sure the game is lost, just by one screenshot. And with the new HUD, you even know when nobody has touched a gen for a minute since the start, for example. Some people quitting with no reason does not mean everyone does it and that there cannot be any reason at all.

    Finally, if my team mates are deliberately screwing me over, I gather
    the evidence and send it over as a report. I've had reports come back to
    me saying an action has been taken (which I know doesn't always mean it
    was because of that specific report)but shows it's worked.

    It's nice that you have time and dedication for all of this, but not every player records every game and stays just in order to "gather evidence", some people play just for fun and can't spare the time and effort for all of those. And also, you can't report your teammates for "being useless".

    I prefer not to waste my time on back and forth arguments where neither side would ultimately agree or meet in the middle

    And yet you just did it.

    regarding this opinion

    My opinion has always been quite simple: DbD just cannot be a sports discipline due to the nature of this game. Most players play for fun, and when they have to suffer - they usually want to end the suffering quickly instead of enduring it in full. I personally never took the game so seriously, and don't mind when someone in my game DCs or goes next. Because firstly, it doesn't bother me as it's just a game, and secondly, I have enough experience to know that usually there is a reason for this, and more often than not the game where someone quit was already lost by that time. And I know for a fact that just "removing the kobe" will not fix anything, as the core reason is the game itself, and not some "evil quitters". If you blame some phenomena just on people's mentality, you usually come to the tautology of "people are evil because people are evil", thus actually saying nothing and solving nothing.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724668#Comment_3724668

    You mistake the cause for the consequence. In your good soloQ games nobody quits precisely because they are good games, so there is no reason to quit. When survivors quit, it's usually because the game has a minuscule chance of a win, and therefore they decide it's not worth it staying here. The game is already bad and that causes survivors to quit as soon as they realize. And it might not be so obvious to you, and might seem as if the survivor let go with no reason, but that survivor just might have a better game sense, or seen something you didn't see, like auras of the other 2 teammates doing nothing, or one teammate staying AFK for a minute since the trial loaded, or he might have been sandbagged, or he was on a gen with the console Bill in green sweater who was missing skillchecks, and so on.

    Outright wrong.

  • Based on the premise that you can't force people to play (as opposed to professional athletes players don't get paid for "sticking around". They actually don't get anything in return for sticking it out, they only waste time.) how about killers can attempt to open the gates? Three tries, 4% chance to actually open them. - I'm sure that'd be an interesting stat to track, if nothing else. Not reliable enough to exploit but certainly a good indicator of a killer player not having a good time.

    Cause at the end of the day, the goal is for as many players as possible to want to stick around. Atm killers are forced to stay, even if the match is already lost, and are miserable. Survivors can't be forced to stay but their attempting 4% can make others miserable. Both not ideal and not exactly a characteristic of a healthy situation.

  • @Shuma said:

    I’m going to do a bit of us verse then.

    If 80% to 90% of your games aren’t solo-queue, then you really don’t have a valid opinion on DCs and suicides in solo-queue. You absolutely don’t understand how ungodly miserable the solo-queue experience is until you play it that consistently.
    if you’re playing killer or SWF, you may lose a couple of games before winning again. However, for the majority of solo-queue players, you are oppressively losing game after game after game. It’s common for solo-queue to lose 10 to 20 games in a row. Of course that makes people want to suicide or DC.

    Killer mains and SWFs are basically sitting in this bubble filled with abundant food and fertile fields while looking at these solo-queue players, in their bubble, that’s a desert with one serving of turnip stew and can’t understand why solo-queue players are giving up all the time.

    THIS, THIS RIGHT HERE. As a Solo-Q survivor, people don't understand how absolutely GOD-AWFUL it is. More often than not, when a perk gets nerfed on the survivor side; it's cause killers complain about a SWF using it against them and EVERY time that happens, it HEAVILY affects solo-Q survivors.

    4-Man SWF will never NOT be considered the meta against killers, and we Solo-que Survivors are left in the dust and scraps of whatever we have. We can't just wake up one day and suddenly be a part of a SWF…

    As a testimony to this statement, which is ironically convenient timing, out of the 15 matches I've played; 6 survivors died on first hook in at least 5 matches, (We lost, a complete landslide.) and those other matches were either lost due to other circumstances.

    ( In short? I lost every match.)

    I don't blame the survivors for adopting the "go next" mentality when you're faced with nothing but a miserable loss or an extremely powerful, annoying killer; chances are, you won't play the match because "Oh, it's the right thing to do" but more of "I'll just try again next match."

  • @ad19970 said:

    Giving up on hook is sadly a necessity, since right now, you can have situations where survivors will have lost no matter what, like when only 2 survivors are left, or 3 with 3 or 4 gens still around. In those cases it makes no sense to keep staying in the game.

    I do agree that it's really annyoing when a survivor gives up for some stupid reason, which happens often enough, but again, suiciding on hook seems like a necessity to me.

    One thing that could help to encourage survivors to stay in matches even if things are looking grim are better bloodpoints. Right now, killers get more bloodpoints on average than survivors.

    I've been playing a while, and I can often top the score as killer with 0 deaths. The bonus point system to incentivize less-populated sides is great, but people need something to stay in the game, so I agree with you. Points are nice but I would also dream of a Shard bonus. Trying to fill out two platform's rosters is a royal pain, to say nothing of default outfits years later…

  • "No guys, survivor's miserable if I can't leave whenever I want, typically one min in. Game wouldn't be fun without it(the game isn't fun for me unless I am hard stomping and messing around).

    Boo hoo guys, you gotta suffer for an average of 7 min.

  • @Coriander said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3723781#Comment_3723781

    I've been playing a while, and I can often top the score as killer with 0 deaths. The bonus point system to incentivize less-populated sides is great, but people need something to stay in the game, so I agree with you. Points are nice but I would also dream of a Shard bonus. Trying to fill out two platform's rosters is a royal pain, to say nothing of default outfits years later…

    A shard bonus would be amazing, I agree with that. But I kind of doubt that will ever happen.

  • @Shuma said:

    Well, there are no come back mechanics for survivors. Most times a minor mistake does end the game for survivors. Survivors pretty much have to play close to perfectly or they lose.

    It’s like chess, when you know you’ve lost, you forfeit, you don’t keep playing a lost game.

    There are plenty of come back mechanics for survivors in form of second chance perks. Thing is, no amount of ''help from above'' will work for you if your team refuses to play.

  • @Coriander said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3723781#Comment_3723781

    I've been playing a while, and I can often top the score as killer with 0 deaths. The bonus point system to incentivize less-populated sides is great, but people need something to stay in the game, so I agree with you. Points are nice but I would also dream of a Shard bonus. Trying to fill out two platform's rosters is a royal pain, to say nothing of default outfits years later…

    Wrong reply

  • @Crowman said:

    Unfornately the community has decided it's better to ruin games for other people than to attempt to play out any minor inconvenience. A problem that can only be solved by the devs removing the ability to let oneself die on hook.

    that wont change anything tough ppl will just do the bare minimum not to get reported and won't play the game ether honestly its just a game issue witch more and more ppl are just not happy the way the game is turning out in general but are still willing to play it because the good match outweigh the bad matches

    imo bdb needs to redo the base game mechanics because where getting into a breaking point that the old mechanics are showing it's flaws at the determent of the game in general

  • It's always weird to me that players think they need to be convinced to keep playing a game they signed up for. If you DC that often, that's on you, don't be surprised that other people are salty you decided to flip the board when you left.

    DBD matches aren't that long, even the ones that really drag out last like 15-20 minutes at most, unless the other side is actively trying to take the game hostage.

  • People who give up too early are probably not suited for this game in the first place, so wouldn't it be better if they never played it in the first place? They are already making a mistake by not realizing this.

    In street basketball, it's relatively rare to find someone who gets his teammates involved and abandons the game just because things don't go his way. At least I don't see anyone justifying that. There are many players here who have more tantrums than Bubba and fail to recognize their mistakes. That kind of community is the worst.

  • To rephrase, BHVR making survivor borderline unplayable is making them give up

  • @Rogue11 said:

    To rephrase, BHVR making survivor borderline unplayable is making them give up

    True, I forgot that BHVR promised that when you play survivor, you'd be able to run the killer for 5 gens and then escape. So, of course, when that doesn't happen and instead they get downed in 40 seconds, my teammates are allowed to leave. It's not their fault, it was BHVR!

  • @PreorderBonus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3727248#Comment_3727248

    True, I forgot that BHVR promised that when you play survivor, you'd be able to run the killer for 5 gens and then escape. So, of course, when that doesn't happen and instead they get downed in 40 seconds, my teammates are allowed to leave. It's not their fault, it was BHVR!

    Nice strawman.

  • Swap the DC penalty time out for a ragequitter queue. They DC X times out of Y games, they go into ragequitter queue until they complete Z games.

  • I played chaos mode today only, like 15 matches, lost em all, never got a single good exhaust perk… only background player like twice.... now I just give up if I realize I'm being tunneled again… and starting to give up on this game entierly.. and so many killer camps with wesker or blight, at a safe distance from the hook… so the camp-meter dosen't go up..

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724733#Comment_3724733

    Chess is a 1v1 game. In games like LoL where you are on a team, you have a vote surrender.

    There's no valid excuse for giving up and screwing over your own teammates. If you don't want to play out games of DBD, then don't queue up in the first place.

    you know what if they banned everyone who killed them self on hook I bet most of the playerbase would be ban there be no game at all.

    have fun people.

  • @PreorderBonus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3727248#Comment_3727248

    True, I forgot that BHVR promised that when you play survivor, you'd be able to run the killer for 5 gens and then escape. So, of course, when that doesn't happen and instead they get downed in 40 seconds, my teammates are allowed to leave. It's not their fault, it was BHVR!

    Right, so killers whined until any agency survivors had in a chase is gone. Meaning survivor skill doesn't matter when it comes to being tunneled or getting "downed in 40 seconds"

    Then you compare the math on how long it takes the other survivors to finish 5 gens while the killer stands 16.1 meters from the first hook waiting to tunnel this person out of the match.

    Then the devs give killers multiple perks that stall gen progress without having to actually leave the first hook. Making it even less likely that waiting to be camped/tunneled out of a match will have any actual benefit to the team.

    Then you consider the amount of points you're likely to earn as a survivor for staying in a hopeless 3v1 at 2-3 gens vs the killer that can now draw out the match and easily hit 35k or more.

    Idk it's just a mystery why players don't see a point to staying in these matches!

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3727262#Comment_3727262

    Right, so killers whined until any agency survivors had in a chase is gone. Meaning survivor skill doesn't matter when it comes to being tunneled or getting "downed in 40 seconds"

    Then you compare the math on how long it takes the other survivors to finish 5 gens while the killer stands 16.1 meters from the first hook waiting to tunnel this person out of the match.

    Then the devs give killers multiple perks that stall gen progress without having to actually leave the first hook. Making it even less likely that waiting to be camped/tunneled out of a match will have any actual benefit to the team.

    Then you consider the amount of points you're likely to earn as a survivor for staying in a hopeless 3v1 at 2-3 gens vs the killer that can now draw out the match and easily hit 35k or more.

    Idk it's just a mystery why players don't see a point to staying in these matches!

    If you genuinely think that survivors have no agency in chases anymore, I don't know what to tell you because it's straight up false. The game isn't as broken as it was before, but that doesn't mean that playing survivor is an instant loss and that playing killer is an instant win. If you think that you have no agency in your chases, I don't know how to tell you this, but you just might be bad at the game.

    Sure, sometimes you get caught out in the open or in a dead zone, and you can't do anything but go down. But this has been true for the entirety of DBD's history, regardless of whether you started playing 7 weeks or 7 years ago.

    Also, I play killer pretty frequently, and I almost always go for 12 hooks. I see survivors give up on the first hook without being camped or tunneled ALL THE TIME. There's literally no excuse to do this, and you're screwing the game for everyone else. I don't care how justified you feel you are in leaving when you want, but this type of player simply shouldn't be playing the game, period.

    By the way, I'm not arguing against "giving up" when there are 5 gens left, 3 survivors alive, and one hooked. I'm complaining about that 4th survivor who gave up because things didn't go their way, making the match unwinnable and leaving us stuck until the match is over. Because let's not pretend that every give up is when the match is unwinnable. I can go play 5 games right now and I'll see a survivor trying to kill themselves on first hook at least in 3 of those games.

    And as I mentioned in another comment, as a killer, you cannot give up without being penalized. As killer, you're forced to play matches that you know are lost because the game even punishes you for going AFK. Yet, as a survivor, you can give up as you please with no penalty whatsoever, which encourages leaving difficult matches and focusing on playing games that are easy, even if that means screwing over dozens of games in the process. How is this healthy?

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724746#Comment_3724746

    you know what if they banned everyone who killed them self on hook I bet most of the playerbase would be ban there be no game at all.

    have fun people.

    In the first place, the game was not established by people who gave up on the game from the beginning, so they are only freed from the illusion. There remains the result of a healthy game.

  • @ArkInk said:

    It's always weird to me that players think they need to be convinced to keep playing a game they signed up for. If you DC that often, that's on you, don't be surprised that other people are salty you decided to flip the board when you left.

    DBD matches aren't that long, even the ones that really drag out last like 15-20 minutes at most, unless the other side is actively trying to take the game hostage.

    It’s always weird to me that players expect others to play out an entire match like they signed a contract stating that they HAVE to finish that game or else there will be dire consequences. It’s a video game, not work. If I’m not having fun, I’m out. I’m not going to be some killer main’s toy to take their real life frustrations out on.

    Everyone warned BHVR this would happen when they removed old hatch but they didn’t listen. Survivors need a reason to keep trying and right now, there’s none

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3724733#Comment_3724733

    Chess is a 1v1 game. In games like LoL where you are on a team, you have a vote surrender.

    There's no valid excuse for giving up and screwing over your own teammates. If you don't want to play out games of DBD, then don't queue up in the first place.

    I have 2 questions:

    (1) How many times you were able to escape through a Gate with a teammate died at 4-5 Gens?

    In my 3000h playing this game, the number of match 2 survivors escape through the Gate while a teammate died at 4-5 Gens is below one hand finger count.

    • If I keep playing. There is no way we can finish 5 Gens. I and Dwight will die then Meg may get the hatch.
    • If I and Dwight suicide on hook, Meg may get the hatch.

    (2) So Im asking, did I really screw my teammates? Or just I screw up killer's fun because I didnt stay to entertain the killer through a hopeless match?

    There are certainly hook suicides that turning from win to lose on survivor, its only happen with toxic survivor that killer finally down them, the case is extremely rare. Most survivors give up when they know they dont have chance to open the Gate, they actually give their teammate the chance to escape through hatch rather than keep staying in the game to get their teammate killed with them.

  • Isn't giving up basekit?

  • @PreorderBonus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3727393#Comment_3727393

    If you genuinely think that survivors have no agency in chases anymore, I don't know what to tell you because it's straight up false. The game isn't as broken as it was before, but that doesn't mean that playing survivor is an instant loss and that playing killer is an instant win. If you think that you have no agency in your chases, I don't know how to tell you this, but you just might be bad at the game.

    Sure, sometimes you get caught out in the open or in a dead zone, and you can't do anything but go down. But this has been true for the entirety of DBD's history, regardless of whether you started playing 7 weeks or 7 years ago.

    Also, I play killer pretty frequently, and I almost always go for 12 hooks. I see survivors give up on the first hook without being camped or tunneled ALL THE TIME. There's literally no excuse to do this, and you're screwing the game for everyone else. I don't care how justified you feel you are in leaving when you want, but this type of player simply shouldn't be playing the game, period.

    By the way, I'm not arguing against "giving up" when there are 5 gens left, 3 survivors alive, and one hooked. I'm complaining about that 4th survivor who gave up because things didn't go their way, making the match unwinnable and leaving us stuck until the match is over. Because let's not pretend that every give up is when the match is unwinnable. I can go play 5 games right now and I'll see a survivor trying to kill themselves on first hook at least in 3 of those games.

    And as I mentioned in another comment, as a killer, you cannot give up without being penalized. As killer, you're forced to play matches that you know are lost because the game even punishes you for going AFK. Yet, as a survivor, you can give up as you please with no penalty whatsoever, which encourages leaving difficult matches and focusing on playing games that are easy, even if that means screwing over dozens of games in the process. How is this healthy?

    Here's an example of what I mean when I say survivors don't have agency in chase. Temple of Purgation has 2 entire sides around the main building that are nothing but narrow corridors with 1-2 garbage pallets that are free hits for the killer. And since they are up against the edge of the map, anyone working on gens in this area has zero chance to reach any useful structure where their survivor skill matters. Agency in this situation would be, "oh I know this area is a deadzone so I should stay away". But guess what? 3 gens always spawn in this area! Another reworked map gets BHVR's 500 Killer Winstreak Seal Of Approval. This is consistent with the pattern over the last 2 years of turning every map into a small square of garbage where gens spawn way too close to each other and 80% of pallets are killer walks around the short side and gets a free hit

    image.png
  • @Laurie268 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3727200#Comment_3727200

    It’s always weird to me that players expect others to play out an entire match like they signed a contract stating that they HAVE to finish that game or else there will be dire consequences. It’s a video game, not work. If I’m not having fun, I’m out. I’m not going to be some killer main’s toy to take their real life frustrations out on.

    Everyone warned BHVR this would happen when they removed old hatch but they didn’t listen. Survivors need a reason to keep trying and right now, there’s none

    I'm sorry mate, if you aren't having fun playing the game, just walk away. There's a lot to see in this life, I can't imagine you're getting much from a game you can't help but rage quit to the point you consider it "work."

    Personally, I consider getting berated at McDonald's by a bunch of grown adults work, but sure, you got a Blight match, clearly BHVR needs to rework the entire game just to convince you to keep playing it.

    No, nobody put a waiver in your hands and made you play Monopoly, but flipping the board before you get bankrupted and saying "I'm not having fun anymore" is a pretty cool way to lose all your friends, so I don't know why you expect strangers on the Internet to be nicer to you in that regard.

  • People in the comments coming up with reasons that promote giving up is wild, lol. This is the problem with players in this game, if you think giving up is the response for a match/situation not leaning in your favor, then just stop playing this game. Like that's life, not everything will go in your favor. Nothing is unwinnable until you give up, true you can have bad unorganized teammates, go against a broken/annoying killer, start out with bad perks (in the new gamemode event), etc. but like cmon people just play the freakin game. You won't get better at games and/or even handling situations like this if you don't even try and if you don't even try then just please for everyone's sake just quit playing this game, lol.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3727458#Comment_3727458

    Here's an example of what I mean when I say survivors don't have agency in chase. Temple of Purgation has 2 entire sides around the main building that are nothing but narrow corridors with 1-2 garbage pallets that are free hits for the killer. And since they are up against the edge of the map, anyone working on gens in this area has zero chance to reach any useful structure where their survivor skill matters. Agency in this situation would be, "oh I know this area is a deadzone so I should stay away". But guess what? 3 gens always spawn in this area! Another reworked map gets BHVR's 500 Killer Winstreak Seal Of Approval. This is consistent with the pattern over the last 2 years of turning every map into a small square of garbage where gens spawn way too close to each other and 80% of pallets are killer walks around the short side and gets a free hit

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LQZJLI4RV5MS/image.png

    Survivors will only attempt to complete gens from around the area you are focusing on. Then, one survivor of them attracts the killer's attention, and the survivors who see it on the HUD work to complete gens near the temple where they are short-staffed. That's all.

    In the first place, skilled survivors will always aim to complete the gen near or underground within the temple. Even if it is prevented by the killer, the time gained by the chase will allow other gens to complete, so the hooked survivor will simply run towards the completed gen after being unhooked. If you chase this, the killer will let go of the gens near the temple, and if you don't chase it, the rescue will be completed safely. This is why this map is known to be advantageous to survivors, and it represents the essence of the game system, where survivors being taken down by killers does not easily lead to the collapse of the match.

    This is a simple example of how the survivor holds the decision-making power in the main outline of the match.

1 2 3