SC buff in PTB?
Self-Care: All healing action speeds are reduced by 45%/35%/25%. This action speed penalty replaces the previous Self-care penalty (-50% speed) and applies a flat penalty to ALL healing actions. *DEV NOTE: This is a change we are trying out for the PTB. It may not be included in the final release
So speed up Self Caring at the "expense" of a penalty when using med kit or healing others? Really? How is this something we are even considering?
So speed up Self Caring at the "expense" of a penalty when using med kit or healing others? Really? How is this something we are even considering?
Comments
I was a bit confused at first but overall it looks like a faster self care at the expense of general healing actions being slower. I hope the devs dont put it in tho. Selfcare was fine the way it was in my opinion.
Self care is a bit quicker but if you are running that perk med-kits are a bit slower?
Edit: AND its slower to heal others.
Need to think the implications of this through...
That is quite confusing.
This game is a lost cause.
This is a change that's being TESTED. It isn't guarantee it will go live with 2.5.0
Self Care on the live version
50% healing speed for Self-Caring action
100% speed for healing others
Self Care as a TEST on the PTB
75% healing speed for Self-Caring action
75% healing speed for healing others.
I hope this helped you understand the changes better.
Feel free to give us feedback about it!
It should be an interesting change. In a given game, most of the time you'll probably be doing more healing than self-healing.
Pretty good job.
Oh no...
That's why it's in TESTING right now (like we did the hatch closing)
We will be looking at feedback on this one.
If this change goes through, no one will bother to heal others and people will even be forced to use it.
I love this change, it will be useful for solo survivors
Why not? Everyone asks to try all possible changes in PTB, now that we can you complain? If it plays bad for you just give negative feedback, but at least try it.
Glad we agree
Does this mean that healing speed on others when the killer is using sloppy butcher is 50%?
Buffing the most used survivor perk further won't solve anything. Looks like the survivor favoritism is back again.
If I understand this right, you will then not be affected, because it only applies when you have Self-Care as a perk. So without Self-Care you would still heal for 100%.
Personally, I do not like the change. I feel it should be preferred to get healed by others. I mean, if someone else is using Leader next to me I can heal myself faster than he would do...
Self-Care is fine as it is, I hope this change does not go live.
I hope this makes it to live. I sort of stopped playing because game got boring since the healing nerf. I ended up healing more than repairing gens,because of mangled status effect.
Yeah i think SC is fine the way it is right now.
If I'm understanding this change, it isn't good.
It's poorly designed because it punishes your team-mates if they DON'T run Self Care whilst giving a negligible downside to the person running it.
It feels fine where it is right now - it's slow enough that it takes considerable time investment whilst making getting healed by others more appealing. This change will just make it feel mandatory and doesn't promote team-play.
I like the change. Keep it.
It says that it might not be put into the game, or it will be reworked to be more balanced
Same
It's MY perk but the penalty is for my random teammates ? Not good. The penalty have to be for me only. They don't deserve to get killed because of my perks... I don't like this part.
If they apply this buff for SC then Sloppy Butcher will be mandatory for killers.
I don't think it's favoritism, but a misguided perspective on the team format. The only people who are going to take issue with this (probably) are those not running SC. SC can be an issue as you can run around and heal as you go, wake yourself as you run around, etc., but there's better tweaks that could be made.
I kinda wish it was a prolonged totem that resets if you move and doesn't have skill checks. It'd be an inadvertent buff to Freddy. If there needs to be skill checks, I still wish it reset if you move.
Exactly this
@not_Queen
Why was this change even proposed in the first place?
Based on the misconception that Self-care was disproportionally nerfed by the healing nerf?
Self-Care among the few perks was fine. There are over 30 perks that are not. Why of all perks this one?
You mean healing others? That's the thing though. With this change, everybody will pretty much need to run self care. Think of it, two survivors are both injured and running selfcare. Now they could both heal the other, that however would take twice as long as if each of them would just sit next to each other and heal themselves, since healing each other or healing themselves will no longer have a difference in speed. It would be awful.
People use we'll make it and chase others to heal them.
Once it goes back I'll be chasing others to heal them, only to watch them use SC.
No one will stay to heal, because everyone assumes that everyone uses SC. Which will force others to use SC too.
I haven't used SC for ages.