What Do Survivors Have to Look Forward to?

Genuine question.


No maps being changed for survivors.

No meaningful perk buffs coming.

No new mechanics that benefit survivors.

No limited game-modes or events that are beneficial to survivors.

No solo-queue changes.


Seems like the only thing survivors can get excited about are skins these days.


If I'm wrong please correct me. But being a survivor main is rough.

How are we feeling about the role?

Comments

  • @JeanGreyarea said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653911#Comment_3653911

    I really hope they dont remove the ability to heal after getting unhooked. That would mean even if you get to the endgame the perk is just dead💀. Hopefully the nerf is just that it doesnt wake you up from the dream world

    That's probably what adrenaline gonna get since they remove the effect of a lot of perk in the endgame (like OTR or decisive strike)

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653912#Comment_3653912

    I disagree the entire coldwind realm got transferred from highly survivor favored to disgustingly killer sided. Loved that realm before but 2 LT's, 2 5 hour killer tiles and one long wall is a terrible map for survivors.

    I don't agree, it's better for killer now than it was, but at worst I think it's neutral currently. I still strongly prefer it as a surv versus killer. It's the corn. I hate tracking survs in it (except as Huntress). Unless you're running aura perks, it's a pain in the ass.

    And even if you do put Coldwind in the killer sided column, it still isn't close to even in terms of killer vs. surv sided maps. On my personal list, I'd have two killer sided maps: Dead Dawg and Midwich. Every other map is neutral to obscenely survivor sided. And there are several that are the latter end of that spectrum.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654037#Comment_3654037

    I don't agree, it's better for killer now than it was, but at worst I think it's neutral currently. I still strongly prefer it as a surv versus killer. It's the corn. I hate tracking survs in it (except as Huntress). Unless you're running aura perks, it's a pain in the ass.

    And even if you do put Coldwind in the killer sided column, it still isn't close to even in terms of killer vs. surv sided maps. On my personal list, I'd have two killer sided maps: Dead Dawg and Midwich. Every other map is neutral to obscenely survivor sided. And there are several that are the latter end of that spectrum.

    You’re having problems tracking survivors in the sparse corn of coldwind? They severely reduced the corn density a while back. It’s a killer-sided realm (only one map variation is neutral now) and that’s ok. Pretending it’s somehow good for survivors is not ok—it’s disingenuous at least, flat out dishonest at most. And your takes are usually pretty fair so idk what’s going on with you here.

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654028#Comment_3654028

    That's probably what adrenaline gonna get since they remove the effect of a lot of perk in the endgame (like OTR or decisive strike)

    Adrenaline would literally serve no purpose if it didn’t activate endgame.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654237#Comment_3654237

    Adrenaline would literally serve no purpose if it didn’t activate endgame.

    Nah, that's not what I mean

    The people ask about after unhooking, the survivor is healty with adrenaline, it's that I think who gonna be deleted


    Survivor gonna be healed with the 150% speed boost, but if he got hooked before and the endgame start, the healing effect (and speed maybe) don't activate

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654297#Comment_3654297

    Nah, that's not what I mean

    The people ask about after unhooking, the survivor is healty with adrenaline, it's that I think who gonna be deleted

    Survivor gonna be healed with the 150% speed boost, but if he got hooked before and the endgame start, the healing effect (and speed maybe) don't activate

    Then it's another nerf for solo queue. Swf can coordinate someone else taking chase and timing the adrenaline pop exactly when needed.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654301#Comment_3654301

    Then it's another nerf for solo queue. Swf can coordinate someone else taking chase and timing the adrenaline pop exactly when needed.

    OTR and DS got nerfed the same way you know, and since they gonna change this perk.. And a lot of survivor perk got recently nerfed in that way (deactivated in the endgame)

    My guess is that adrenaline gonna get this treatment , I don't really see how they can change that in other way to change this perk

    Removing the haste effect/ giving a 100/50% speed boost instead of the 150? The recent nerf from survivor perk is bigger than that

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654312#Comment_3654312

    OTR and DS got nerfed the same way you know, and since they gonna change this perk.. And a lot of survivor perk got recently nerfed in that way (deactivated in the endgame)

    My guess is that adrenaline gonna get this treatment , I don't really see how they can change that in other way to change this perk

    Removing the haste effect/ giving a 100/50% speed boost instead of the 150? The recent nerf from survivor perk is bigger than that

    Ugh. Don’t even give them the idea.

  • I'm sorry, I try to figure how they gonna change the perk since she is in the roadmap and the anti camping, OTR, DS and some people saying that Delivrance need the same treatment... It's probably what gonna happen, and it's a miracle than the BT basekit are activated at the end


    Plot twist, they buff adrenaline with a 200% haste instead of the 150%

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654321#Comment_3654321

    I'm sorry, I try to figure how they gonna change the perk since she is in the roadmap and the anti camping, OTR, DS and some people saying that Delivrance need the same treatment... It's probably what gonna happen, and it's a miracle than the BT basekit are activated at the end

    Plot twist, they buff adrenaline with a 200% haste instead of the 150%

    People are complaining about Deliverance now? Frankly, I think it has too many conditions (remove broken status effect). The anti-facecamp measure kinda weakened it.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654331#Comment_3654331

    People are complaining about Deliverance now? Frankly, I think it has too many conditions (remove broken status effect). The anti-facecamp measure kinda weakened it.

    People complain about everything, killer or survivor, there's always something ...

    For me, I have some problem with some perks, but there's more "urgent problem" at this exact moment for complaining about these


    But yeah, Delivrance make some people angry because it's a "free save hook" or not enough condition for trigger it

    My Only problem with Deli is, when I want to use it, I'm always the first chased

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654333#Comment_3654333

    People complain about everything, killer or survivor, there's always something ...

    For me, I have some problem with some perks, but there's more "urgent problem" at this exact moment for complaining about these

    But yeah, Delivrance make some people angry because it's a "free save hook" or not enough condition for trigger it

    My Only problem with Deli is, when I want to use it, I'm always the first chased

    It’s not always in your control but if you’re running the perk, unfortunately you’ve gotta played immersed until someone else is hooked. Then you save them (sometimes you’re competing with others for the save), and you’ve got your trump card for an endgame escape.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654339#Comment_3654339

    It’s not always in your control but if you’re running the perk, unfortunately you’ve gotta played immersed until someone else is hooked. Then you save them (sometimes you’re competing with others for the save), and you’ve got your trump card for an endgame escape.

    That's just my luck

    Most in survivor side, killer side, I never get some problem with perk or challenge

    But like, if I have to make gen, I'm pretty sure being tunneled in my game

    If I have to heal or saving people, people gonna do that before me or camping

    (these exemple is for the challenge)

    There's not a problem with the game itself, just my damn luck

  • I honestly don't get what all the crying and bitching is about lately and I say this as a survivor main myself. I recently came back (lights out mode drew me in) and have been really enjoying DBD.

    The game was so survivor sided for so long it is nice to have it feeling more balanced now, even though an asymmetrical game will NEVER be truly balanced by its inherent design.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    I honestly don't get what all the crying and bitching is about lately and I say this as a survivor main myself. I recently came back (lights out mode drew me in) and have been really enjoying DBD.

    The game was so survivor sided for so long it is nice to have it feeling more balanced now, even though an asymmetrical game will NEVER be truly balanced by its inherent design.

    As someone who also recently came back from an extended break, you’re probably in the honeymoon phase (at least I was), play for another week to two and see if you still feel this way. It’s entirely possible you do but for me personally I’ve been playing 80/20 killer recently. Survivor feels like a chore.

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654346#Comment_3654346

    As someone who also recently came back from an extended break, you’re probably in the honeymoon phase (at least I was), play for another week to two and see if you still feel this way. It’s entirely possible you do but for me personally I’ve been playing 80/20 killer recently. Survivor feels like a chore.

    Oh look I I know there is some of that at play but I have been playing DBD for 5 years now and I take long breaks so I return somewhat refreshed.

    But also I think my attitude has changed a lot over the years to the point I really don't care anymore whether I live or die. I play for Head On stuns, blinds, flashbangs and good chases so I don't care if I 'win' as far as escaping goes

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654430#Comment_3654430

    Oh look I I know there is some of that at play but I have been playing DBD for 5 years now and I take long breaks so I return somewhat refreshed.

    But also I think my attitude has changed a lot over the years to the point I really don't care anymore whether I live or die. I play for Head On stuns, blinds, flashbangs and good chases so I don't care if I 'win' as far as escaping goes

    Oh absolutely, I can 100% appreciate that. Thats for sure a good mindset to carry in this game.

  • @ImWinston said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/405717/what-do-survivors-have-to-look-forward-to

    Relax, tomorrow we will have a new survivor with 3 amazing perks... don't complain! 🤣

    You mean 3 perks that are borderline useless or extremely niche kek, all of Alan Wake's perks are completely Mikey Mouse tier, Gabriels only redeeming perk is now only useful in extremely niche situations (RIP Legion), I don't even remember what Ripleys perks are I see them that little. Meanwhile, Ultimate Weapon, Friends Till The End....

  • @Crowman said:

    We're getting a new chapter that has both a killer and survivor. Balance changes are focused on minor buffs to killers alongside a nerf to mangled (something survivors have been asking for). Just because you don't see any direct buffs to survivors, doesn't mean you have nothing.

    But also, not every patch needs to give both sides "things to look forward to".

    yea but its been like over a year since survivors got anything worth while cage and wake were both let downs and nothing else has been done the face camping mechanic was a joke and the only thing that has happened for survivors is the game got harder.

  • @RhysVMT said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653352#Comment_3653352

    You mean 3 perks that are borderline useless or extremely niche kek, all of Alan Wake's perks are completely Mikey Mouse tier, Gabriels only redeeming perk is now only useful in extremely niche situations (RIP Legion), I don't even remember what Ripleys perks are I see them that little. Meanwhile, Ultimate Weapon, Friends Till The End....

    Somehow it's even worse than anticipated.


    The perks literally read like they're just using ChatGPT to make perks now.

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654297#Comment_3654297

    Nah, that's not what I mean

    The people ask about after unhooking, the survivor is healty with adrenaline, it's that I think who gonna be deleted

    Survivor gonna be healed with the 150% speed boost, but if he got hooked before and the endgame start, the healing effect (and speed maybe) don't activate

    So you get to the endgame you get hooked but you not dead yet, what does adrenaline do then when your unhooked? If your telling me it does nothing them km sorry thats a terrible change

  • @JeanGreyarea said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654301#Comment_3654301

    So you get to the endgame you get hooked but you not dead yet, what does adrenaline do then when your unhooked? If your telling me it does nothing them km sorry thats a terrible change

    I know, and it's probably what we gonna get

    "Probably"

  • What?

    How, like even if you factor in my bias and increase it two fold all of his add-ons are worse than the old iterations.

    Give me the logical reasoning behind him being stronger now in any single way, please!

  • You can look forward to going against revamped killers. That's new content.

  • @Paternalpark said:

    You can look forward to going against revamped killers. That's new content.

    Can't wait to auto lose in chase to Huntress every match.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Even I admit it seems to be a bit bleak for survivors. Never thought I would say that.

    I just had 3 days off work and I didn't even load up DBD once.

    yeah the volatility/power level right now on killer is so high right now the game is not fun it's boring to play killer it's easy as hell and the good matches against survivor that i learn something new are verry few and playing survivors right now is a chore we got new mechanic witch is cool after 6 years but there not usefull i got nothing looking forward to personaly

  • @WolfyWood said:

    Genuine question.

    No maps being changed for survivors.

    No meaningful perk buffs coming.

    No new mechanics that benefit survivors.

    No limited game-modes or events that are beneficial to survivors.

    No solo-queue changes.

    Seems like the only thing survivors can get excited about are skins these days.

    If I'm wrong please correct me. But being a survivor main is rough.

    How are we feeling about the role?

    the game is not in a good spot in general volatility/power on killer is high as hell not fun to play as barely learn anything new vs survivors in general it's a stomp and playing survivor is a chore like we got new mechains cool but there not useful good luck doing anything basement wise with ultimate weapon in the game lmfao

1 2 ›