Does any other killer play with a killer "codex"?

When I play killer I play with a clear set of codex/rules:

- Everyone hangs once before anyone hangs twice

- No one hangs twice in a row unless it is hang nr. 4 and 5

- No one dies before everyone has been hanged twice

- Leave room for unhooks, don't knock down any individual going for the unhook

- I allow myself to knock down survivors just to buy time/keep survivors busy, but I don't hook them

- Any survivor that fails to unhook someone that could have been saved is off my codex, and becomes a target of me not necessarily playing nice. If one die then all die (quickly), unless they were not able to perform a unhooking at the time (like if they were in a dying states, as an example)

- If I survivors reach 2 gens left and my progress as a killer is bad then I allow myself to take the gloves off, and play more dirty, codex is pushed aside

- If I use a survivor to get another survivor, then the survivor I use gets to escape (like if there are three survivors left; one is hooked, one is hidden and the last is on the ground with me. The hidden one hides instead of going for the unhook. The hooked die on hook, I pick up the survivor on the ground near me, let him (or her) wiggle off, then I go find the one survivor that could have performed the unhook, kill that survivor, and then let the last survivor escape, because I kept him (or her) alive to get to the one that failed the unhook.)

- Probably a couple more points but I can't remember right now as I'm tired.

Usually when I play a survivor I feel that most of the killers I meet play without a mind, most killers just feels empty to go up against. I rarely meet killers that seems to have a plan going on, other than the huge amount of tunnellers and campers, there are a lot of those. (If that can even be called a plan. I just see it as a ######### low skill way to play the game. Lol.)

But yeah, are there any other killers our there with a "codex"? Or is it just me?

Comments

  • @Kunuto said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3598255#Comment_3598255

    Handicap??? I follow this set of rules, and still it feels like it's the survivors that are handicapped. It is so easy to be a killer in this game, it's ridiculous. Which makes it even more funny when killers whine about how terrible those pesky survivors are.

    Good for you I guess. Many killer players don't have constant easy games though, they have games against good survivors who can loop well and focus heavily on doing gens as quickly as possible. Against teams like that you need to use all the tools at your disposal, and that includes the 'meaner' ones.

  • @Kunuto said:

    When I play killer I play with a clear set of codex/rules:

    - Everyone hangs once before anyone hangs twice

    - No one hangs twice in a row unless it is hang nr. 4 and 5

    - No one dies before everyone has been hanged twice

    - Leave room for unhooks, don't knock down any individual going for the unhook

    - I allow myself to knock down survivors just to buy time/keep survivors busy, but I don't hook them

    - Any survivor that fails to unhook someone that could have been saved is off my codex, and becomes a target of me not necessarily playing nice. If one die then all die (quickly), unless they were not able to perform a unhooking at the time (like if they were in a dying states, as an example)

    - If I survivors reach 2 gens left and my progress as a killer is bad then I allow myself to take the gloves off, and play more dirty, codex is pushed aside

    - If I use a survivor to get another survivor, then the survivor I use gets to escape (like if there are three survivors left; one is hooked, one is hidden and the last is on the ground with me. The hidden one hides instead of going for the unhook. The hooked die on hook, I pick up the survivor on the ground near me, let him (or her) wiggle off, then I go find the one survivor that could have performed the unhook, kill that survivor, and then let the last survivor escape, because I kept him (or her) alive to get to the one that failed the unhook.)

    - Probably a couple more points but I can't remember right now as I'm tired.

    Usually when I play a survivor I feel that most of the killers I meet play without a mind, most killers just feels empty to go up against. I rarely meet killers that seems to have a plan going on, other than the huge amount of tunnellers and campers, there are a lot of those. (If that can even be called a plan. I just see it as a ######### low skill way to play the game. Lol.)

    But yeah, are there any other killers our there with a "codex"? Or is it just me?

    So basically, you intentionally handicap yourself?

  • @Kunuto said:

    When I play killer I play with a clear set of codex/rules:

    - Everyone hangs once before anyone hangs twice

    - No one hangs twice in a row unless it is hang nr. 4 and 5

    - No one dies before everyone has been hanged twice

    - Leave room for unhooks, don't knock down any individual going for the unhook

    - I allow myself to knock down survivors just to buy time/keep survivors busy, but I don't hook them

    - Any survivor that fails to unhook someone that could have been saved is off my codex, and becomes a target of me not necessarily playing nice. If one die then all die (quickly), unless they were not able to perform a unhooking at the time (like if they were in a dying states, as an example)

    - If I survivors reach 2 gens left and my progress as a killer is bad then I allow myself to take the gloves off, and play more dirty, codex is pushed aside

    - If I use a survivor to get another survivor, then the survivor I use gets to escape (like if there are three survivors left; one is hooked, one is hidden and the last is on the ground with me. The hidden one hides instead of going for the unhook. The hooked die on hook, I pick up the survivor on the ground near me, let him (or her) wiggle off, then I go find the one survivor that could have performed the unhook, kill that survivor, and then let the last survivor escape, because I kept him (or her) alive to get to the one that failed the unhook.)

    - Probably a couple more points but I can't remember right now as I'm tired.

    Usually when I play a survivor I feel that most of the killers I meet play without a mind, most killers just feels empty to go up against. I rarely meet killers that seems to have a plan going on, other than the huge amount of tunnellers and campers, there are a lot of those. (If that can even be called a plan. I just see it as a ######### low skill way to play the game. Lol.)

    But yeah, are there any other killers our there with a "codex"? Or is it just me?

    Having standards for yourself is fine, though I would avoid trying to enforce it onto other people.

  • Not really? It's not like hard rules but generally I have a few tendencies that affects my gameplay.

    -AFK survivors hang once and then will be left alone unless they're still AFK and gather 3 crows after being unhooked.

    -Teams with someone who gives up get one free gen.

    -Teams that bring map offerings receive zero mercy under all circumstance and are likely to experience tunneling otherwise I generally don't tunnel in most cases.

  • @Kunuto said:

    When I play killer I play with a clear set of codex/rules:

    - Everyone hangs once before anyone hangs twice

    - No one hangs twice in a row unless it is hang nr. 4 and 5

    - No one dies before everyone has been hanged twice

    - Leave room for unhooks, don't knock down any individual going for the unhook

    - I allow myself to knock down survivors just to buy time/keep survivors busy, but I don't hook them

    - Any survivor that fails to unhook someone that could have been saved is off my codex, and becomes a target of me not necessarily playing nice. If one die then all die (quickly), unless they were not able to perform a unhooking at the time (like if they were in a dying states, as an example)

    - If I survivors reach 2 gens left and my progress as a killer is bad then I allow myself to take the gloves off, and play more dirty, codex is pushed aside

    - If I use a survivor to get another survivor, then the survivor I use gets to escape (like if there are three survivors left; one is hooked, one is hidden and the last is on the ground with me. The hidden one hides instead of going for the unhook. The hooked die on hook, I pick up the survivor on the ground near me, let him (or her) wiggle off, then I go find the one survivor that could have performed the unhook, kill that survivor, and then let the last survivor escape, because I kept him (or her) alive to get to the one that failed the unhook.)

    - Probably a couple more points but I can't remember right now as I'm tired.

    Usually when I play a survivor I feel that most of the killers I meet play without a mind, most killers just feels empty to go up against. I rarely meet killers that seems to have a plan going on, other than the huge amount of tunnellers and campers, there are a lot of those. (If that can even be called a plan. I just see it as a ######### low skill way to play the game. Lol.)

    But yeah, are there any other killers our there with a "codex"? Or is it just me?

    People-pleasing nonsense.

  • "people-pleasing nonsense" 🤣

    No son, its not a bad thing to be nice. Sorry i am so late to tell you.

  • Ain't no handicap in that for me. Game is too easy playing a killer, I can't remember the last time that I did not have control of a match.

  • I am pleasing myself with these rules, instead of just killing off survivors as fast as I can. Which would be much less fun matches, with a lot less BP.

  • @Krazzik said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609268#Comment_3609268

    Good for you I guess. Many killer players don't have constant easy games though, they have games against good survivors who can loop well and focus heavily on doing gens as quickly as possible. Against teams like that you need to use all the tools at your disposal, and that includes the 'meaner' ones.

    Oh, I don't always have easy matches. I have rougher ones as well, which is great. I love me a challenge.

    Most matches are still very easy tho, even against the more difficult survivors. It is very rare that I have to break my rules to get control of a match.

    I had a group yesterday that was very impressive, was fun, and then I won.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/398755/does-any-other-killer-play-with-a-killer-codex

    Having standards for yourself is fine, though I would avoid trying to enforce it onto other people.

    I can't force anyone to do anything.

    I do however think killers that camp and tunnell are very weak and low life killers. If they need to use those low skill tactics to win.

    (And I'm not a very impressive survivor, so me dying to low level killers is on me. And me thinking that matches against killers like that is not very fun is also on me 👍 It is more fun to play against killers with a more interesting play style, even if I lose. I've GG'd many killers that have killed me, when they have been actually good, instead of being a camper/tunneler with no skills)

  • sounds good my man, have fun playing the game the way you want to play, pretty unnecessary to be condescending and insulting to those who don’t want to play the same way but you do you

  • @Kunuto said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609578#Comment_3609578

    Ain't no handicap in that for me. Game is too easy playing a killer, I can't remember the last time that I did not have control of a match.

    well, of course it is, looking at the video you sent. I think no power nurse could beat them


    Waiting for second video, against good survivors, as you said

  • I follow the 10 Killer Codexments. 😞💅

  • @Atsuka_Anarchy said:

    I follow the 10 Killer Codexments. 😞💅

    Can you sing them, ohh cursed follower?~

  • @Kunuto said:

    This is what I consider a fun match:

    https://youtu.be/kn5DUdbZlAI?si=rlTv_GpfONRN1vVx

    Full control is established before any gens are completed. After that it is just fun and play, having a good time.

    Holy jesus no wonder you can follow this rules, your survivors are below bot level. Yeah I would say killer is easy too if my opponents were like this, man aint no way those people are real.

  • @Kunuto said:

    This is what I consider a fun match:

    https://youtu.be/kn5DUdbZlAI?si=rlTv_GpfONRN1vVx

    Full control is established before any gens are completed. After that it is just fun and play, having a good time.

    Mikaela didn’t know how to loop, gave away 2 free hits, second of which she just stood still for. Bill ran up to you and took a free hit and then promptly dead-zoned himself, someone stayed hiding in a locker after they saw you checking lockers, David ran right into you going for a save, etc. Gens were repeatedly exploding because of numerous botched skill-checks, so clearly there was little experience on the Survivor side.

    You carried multiple people past pallets without checking if anyone was near for the save. Other small things like using static blast while facing in a direction that you know nobody is in, which just wastes time. Without spamming the static blast or your aura perks, you seemed to have little ability to find anyone that didn’t run into you face-first.

    Your entire strategy falls to pieces the moment a semi-competent team comes along. You’re talking like you’re the Big I Am, but really all you’ve done is creatively tank your MMR to keep yourself in lobbies with people that actively choose to dead-zone themselves or stop mid-chase.

    You think everyone was having fun? People were coming to you to be hooked at one point. They only started throwing snowballs because that was literally the only thing you'd let them do. You were refusing to kill people while also refusing to let them finish even a single generator until YOU had had YOUR fun (and you still couldn't resist pulling people off gens only to immediately drop them). You’ve lowered your MMR so you can bully weaker/new players and clearly keep them in a match longer than they’d like.

    And then the best part: you let them all go. You’re reducing your MMR to the lowest possible point so you can bully people and delude yourself into thinking you’re fantastic. Actually, I’ll take that back. The best part is you got to P100 on Doctor by bullying people that are clearly new to the game.

  • @squbax said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609394#Comment_3609394

    Holy jesus no wonder you can follow this rules, your survivors are below bot level. Yeah I would say killer is easy too if my opponents were like this, man aint no way those people are real.

    That was a chill match yes, which is kinda the point why I posted it. I could have taken them down very early on, but that would be very boring.

  • @Raconteurminator said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609394#Comment_3609394

    Mikaela didn’t know how to loop, gave away 2 free hits, second of which she just stood still for. Bill ran up to you and took a free hit and then promptly dead-zoned himself, someone stayed hiding in a locker after they saw you checking lockers, David ran right into you going for a save, etc. Gens were repeatedly exploding because of numerous botched skill-checks, so clearly there was little experience on the Survivor side.

    You carried multiple people past pallets without checking if anyone was near for the save. Other small things like using static blast while facing in a direction that you know nobody is in, which just wastes time. Without spamming the static blast or your aura perks, you seemed to have little ability to find anyone that didn’t run into you face-first.

    Your entire strategy falls to pieces the moment a semi-competent team comes along. You’re talking like you’re the Big I Am, but really all you’ve done is creatively tank your MMR to keep yourself in lobbies with people that actively choose to dead-zone themselves or stop mid-chase.

    You think everyone was having fun? People were coming to you to be hooked at one point. They only started throwing snowballs because that was literally the only thing you'd let them do. You were refusing to kill people while also refusing to let them finish even a single generator until YOU had had YOUR fun. You’ve lowered your MMR so you could bully weaker players and clearly keep them in a match longer than they’d like.

    And then the best part: you let them all go. You’re reducing your MMR to the lowest possible point so you can bully people and delude yourself into thinking you’re fantastic. Actually, I’ll take that back. The best part is you got to P100 on Doctor by bullying people that are clearly new to the game.

    It's a 25 minute match. Those don't normally happen unless someone is forcing the match to extend out longer than it needs to. I jumped around and there's no reason this game needed to be longer than 10 minutes.

  • @Kunuto said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609919#Comment_3609919

    That was a chill match yes, which is kinda the point why I posted it. I could have taken them down very early on, but that would be very boring.

    well then, post a video with good survivors, as you said

  • @Kunuto said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609919#Comment_3609919

    That was a chill match yes, which is kinda the point why I posted it. I could have taken them down very early on, but that would be very boring.

    as Raconteurminator said, because of you letting survivors go at the end, you end up lowering your MMR, which makes you face more and more bad survivors, which is why you can play by "codex"

    But for some people, it's extremely boring to play against survivors, that are way lower at skill than them

  • @jokere98 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609775#Comment_3609775

    well, of course it is, looking at the video you sent. I think no power nurse could beat them

    Waiting for second video, against good survivors, as you said

    As I wrote to another dude, that was kinda the point with posting the video. Just beating them down and killing them right away just because they were easy would be no fun at all.

    I had one somewhat challenging match yesterday, but I was also quite drunk so I was not at my best 😜 Had another earlier today which could have been challenging, but the survivors messed it up by 3 of them running around with flashlights trying to keep me busy while only one worked gens. They were good at looping and them flashlights, but that does not help when gens are going nowhere :p

    I'll post you one after the weekend, as I will be busy during the weekend 😉

  • @Kunuto said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609872#Comment_3609872

    As I wrote to another dude, that was kinda the point with posting the video. Just beating them down and killing them right away just because they were easy would be no fun at all.

    I had one somewhat challenging match yesterday, but I was also quite drunk so I was not at my best 😜 Had another earlier today which could have been challenging, but the survivors messed it up by 3 of them running around with flashlights trying to keep me busy while only one worked gens. They were good at looping and them flashlights, but that does not help when gens are going nowhere :p

    I'll post you one after the weekend, as I will be busy during the weekend 😉

    There is no fun playing against these survivors in the first place, since there is zero challenge. That's why you kill them, so your MMR raises and you go against good survivors


    now it's after the weekend... before you said you will post it the next day

    I guess, we won't see any good survivors video, but i'll be happy to be wrong

    And you also deleted your first video. Why?

  • I have only 2 rules. 1.if they are doing a glif I let them finish it. 2. If you name is funny enough I will let you go

  • @Kunuto said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609872#Comment_3609872

    As I wrote to another dude, that was kinda the point with posting the video. Just beating them down and killing them right away just because they were easy would be no fun at all.

    I had one somewhat challenging match yesterday, but I was also quite drunk so I was not at my best 😜 Had another earlier today which could have been challenging, but the survivors messed it up by 3 of them running around with flashlights trying to keep me busy while only one worked gens. They were good at looping and them flashlights, but that does not help when gens are going nowhere :p

    I'll post you one after the weekend, as I will be busy during the weekend 😉

    well, the weekend is over. will you keep your promise? :)

  • It's not universal, I'll have days where anything goes or I focus on challenges above all else. But generally:

    No survivor hooked back to back.

    Everyone to 2 hooks before eliminations.

    Last survivor either gets hatch or exit. (This buffers my MMR gain so I don't get catapulted to the top too quick)

    If I'm not 'winning' enough to ensure that happens it might loosen a little to an earlier elimination before a full 8 hooks, but typically no less than 6, besides if I'm struggling before then it's usually not a 3K anyway.

  • Personally i don't camp/tunnel, and usually i chase different ppl until there are 2 gens left, at that point i hook whoever i want. Generally i try to adapt to survivors, if they are chill/not competent, then i chase mindlessly; But if they play good, then i try to do my best also (again, trying to avoid tunnel and camp...unless they BM a lot)

    And i dont give a F about 4K so u'll never see me slugging for 5 hours.

  • My codex is simple, and it applies to both killer and survivor.


    • Do what you find fun, try not to do anything you would get angry about if it was done when you were on the other side.


    That's it. That's the only rule you need IMO.

    This is why I am a Betrayal Pig lately. Hilarious fun.

  • I play to the situation. If it calls for camping or tunneling I will. If it's a chill game and I am well ahead in my objectives then I play more relaxed.

    I play to win, but I also don't care about losing. It's how i keep having fun in dbd. Do what I can in the match. Win or lose Be a good sport. After all it's just a game.

    The only codex I made for myself is, if your the last survivor and I get you down. If you don't struggle I will give you hatch / door if i have already closed the hatch.

  • i dont really play by any rules but ill play in a way so everyone has fun. it a game afterall.

  • Before MMR I had the most fun playing Ghosty with Devour Hope and Undying. I could only kill with the Mori, or if they cleansed the totems before I got a single Mori, then I could kill each person who cleansed a totem (only if I knew who most likely cleansed it). If I got a Mori kill and they cleansed both totems, the remaining 3 got to walk. My rule was 'I need a photo of everyone', so that meant if you photobombed someone else's Mori it was a secret survival technique and I'd let you go. It was still possible to have fun like that a little bit into early lax MMR, but now too many matches are nothing but sweatfests.

1 2 ›