Stop requesting nerfs!

Survivor perks are so worthless now and have almost zero impact to gameplay.

Why are we nerfing perks when most are useless? I'm having to use 2018 build after mft nerf comes.

As a killer I hardly get outplayed cause I know there are only like 5 perks I'll have to deal with.

Don't nerf anti tunnel perks to then nerf a good perk and say it's now going to be a useless anti tunnel perk.

Dbd is so stale, calm spirit. Like really, so much fun doing 90s gens while your teammates just silently die. And woah look the survivor made no noise after I easily outplayed them. Woah super exciting.

Make perks do something of significance, they don't have to be strong just noticeable so it's not like I'm playing against the exact same builds each match.

Comments

  • @Paternalpark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581396#Comment_3581396

    100% it needed tweaking. But not gutting like it had. Coh is actually still insane for sfw but for soloq coordination it's mid.

    Then you get threads complaining about swf pre stacks to be disabled instead of enabling it on soloq...

    Why remove content when you could add it??

    This is why the game is so stale.

    We might have lost track of something so apologies if we're off.

    What we're understanding is that you don't want ANYTHING nerfed below a certain point. This point however seems to be REALLY high. Killers will have to deal with whatever perk up to 4+ times a match depending on what and how it works.

    Ex: if 4 survivors ran DH and used it each time then the killer has to deal with it 8 times that match at maximum. Now imagine that on something super good, it's not gonna be a fun time for the average killer.

    Now if they buffed killer to MATCH that, then the average survivor will probably run that perk just to stand up to the killer. The game will get stale quickly or go 180 and keep buffing both into broken.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581405#Comment_3581405

    That's kinda the point, though. They didn't remove, gut, destroy, kill, or whatever word you might want to use, Circle of Healing.

    It's a decent perk in solo queue and a great perk in SWF. In what universe is that removing content or lowering the pool of available options? It's a good perk, you'll get moderate use out of it. It's also good in specific builds; pair it with Overzealous for near-constant gen speed, for instance.

    This is my point in microcosm. People aren't willing to accept that a perk can be less impactful than the literal strongest things in the game and still be 100% viable. Nobody wants to put any thought or effort into making use of the plethora of good options they have available to them and then complain about the supposed staleness of perk variety when it's completely on them.

    I didn't say it's a bad perk.

    It bridges the gap between soloq and swf.

    Making a few perks far stronger facilitates meta. There will always be a meta but if all perks are better balanced it wouldn't then be the same exact perks for a specific objective or playstyle like it is now.

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581405#Comment_3581405

    We might have lost track of something so apologies if we're off.

    What we're understanding is that you don't want ANYTHING nerfed below a certain point. This point however seems to be REALLY high. Killers will have to deal with whatever perk up to 4+ times a match depending on what and how it works.

    Ex: if 4 survivors ran DH and used it each time then the killer has to deal with it 8 times that match at maximum. Now imagine that on something super good, it's not gonna be a fun time for the average killer.

    Now if they buffed killer to MATCH that, then the average survivor will probably run that perk just to stand up to the killer. The game will get stale quickly or go 180 and keep buffing both into broken.

    No they can all be trash, like scene partner.

    If they are all trash make the killer weaker ie faster gens, less bloodlust.

    If they are all good make the killer stronger. All the perks are good so it doesn't matter the killer is stronger. BUT we now have a variety of perks that make games more diverse.

  • @Paternalpark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581407#Comment_3581407

    I didn't say it's a bad perk.

    It bridges the gap between soloq and swf.

    Making a few perks far stronger facilitates meta. There will always be a meta but if all perks are better balanced it wouldn't then be the same exact perks for a specific objective or playstyle like it is now.

    You said they gutted it, which is what I'm responding to primarily. They didn't, it's still a good perk.

    There's always going to be a meta, and that means that you are always primarily going to see the same handful of perks. People don't gravitate towards the best few options, they gravitate towards the best option. This is obvious now, where there are a lot of good perks for various different things, but people don't run them.

    For example: healing perks are exceptional, but the prevailing narrative right now is that healing isn't worth it. There are a fair few good chase perks, but nobody runs anything but a few Exhaustion perks and Windows. There are good stealth perks but nobody runs any but Distortion (and now Calm Spirit, but that's bound to be temporary). There's even good options for gen speed that people don't use because they require a bit of going out of your way.

    We are at the point where there are good options to choose between, so we must contend with the reality that stale perk variety is equally a community attitude problem just as much as it's a game balance problem.

  • @Paternalpark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581408#Comment_3581408

    No they can all be trash, like scene partner.

    If they are all trash make the killer weaker ie faster gens, less bloodlust.

    If they are all good make the killer stronger. All the perks are good so it doesn't matter the killer is stronger. BUT we now have a variety of perks that make games more diverse.

    So you want diversity, in which case it's back to the player base fault. As it currently stands, 90+% of perks are serviceable but people refuse to run them.

  • Then we'll ask for buffs to the weaker perks

    Bloodhound, Predator... could use the buff but IDK how to buff them

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    Then we'll ask for buffs to the weaker perks

    Bloodhound, Predator... could use the buff but IDK how to buff them

    Bloodhound could get bloodlust faster while Predator could have haste while not in chase following scratch marks. Since everyone is on the speed topic this seems fitting no?

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581439#Comment_3581439

    Bloodhound could get bloodlust faster while Predator could have haste while not in chase following scratch marks. Since everyone is on the speed topic this seems fitting no?

    Sounds serviceable. Yes please.

  • @Paternalpark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581053#Comment_3581053

    So dark theory is unmanageable then?

    I'm not defending mft specifically, I'm asking to buff other perks in line with mft. There will always be a meta if there are only 10 good perks for either side.

    And the meta shouldn't be so subtle that it's barely noticeable.

    I preferred ds and unbreakable days because survivors wouldn't just hide away all match.

    Everyone just wants to play optimally and for survivor it's spread out gens and don't interact with killer. With killer is just tunnel weak link.

    i agree with your post. MFT change killed the perk for me. The player-base seems want to perks to be subtle that the perks have low impact. funny you mention DS. I think DS will go back to meta after MFT gets changed.

  • @Paternalpark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581278#Comment_3581278

    Exactly, my teammates just use self care, calm spirt and distortion.

    But when I play killer it's all adren, ort, mft and hope.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581284#Comment_3581284

    The fact that mft nerf brings you such joy shows your a killer main perpetrating "us vs them".

    uh huh yeah. i'm currently iri 1 on survivor and just got iri 4 on killer and mft is on EVERY SINGLE survivor build of mine. try again. i just want a balanced game.

  • Survivor Main who get carries by MfT is now mad that his broken Perk got nerfed ? 🤷🏻‍♀️

  • @ElodieSimp said:

    I've noticed most killer mains don't want an actual challenge unfortunately, they want to feel powerful and unrelenting, aka "power role". Chucky will come out of the PTB broken and it will be radio silence for a while.

    Just how it is here and won't change.

    What the actual frick are you talking about? Just because people want MFT nerfed doesn't mean they don't want a challenge. Killer can be very challenging.

    I also have no idea why you would assume that Chucky will release in a broken state. Which killer in recent time has released in a broken state so far? Xenomorphs cooldown at release was a bit too good but that's it.

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581299#Comment_3581299

    uh huh yeah. i'm currently iri 1 on survivor and just got iri 4 on killer and mft is on EVERY SINGLE survivor build of mine. try again. i just want a balanced game.

    Hahaha nice name bro

  • @Rulebreaker said:

    This is probably the equivalent of screaming at the wall but we'll do it again anyway.

    Survivor perks aren't useless. Some are situational, come can be countered, some have restrictions, but almost all do their job and do it well.

    Its the survivors fault that they're unwilling to try anything else or learn anything other than get into the killers face to try and fail looping for 5 gens.

    This also applies to killers. Look at how many times people run 3-4 slowdowns. Heck since ST came back we've seen at least 4 different demos with effectively the same build back to back. There ARE more things than slowdowns, but ppl still only really use them instead of learning to play with others.

    You probably should be blaming players for playing the same thing rather than perks.

    Survivors do need to get out of their comfort zone and try different perks. People scoff at Aftercare but I've saved so many teammates with this perk, it should be illegal to have constant aura reading 90% of the match.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581037#Comment_3581037

    Soooo....

    Your fine with having a very influential and game changing perk 4 times in one lobby?

    Yes I would be.

    There is plenty of ways to apply the exposed status effect thus making Made For This utterly useless. Instead of countering a perk with another perk, the playerbase was upset they had to change a perk slot for something that was situational and cried nerf!!!

    The irony in this, is that when the survivors scream nerf Ultimate Weapon, the response is just run calm spirit as it counters Ultimate Weapon.

    The more nerfs and changes the Devs are forced to make, the more unenjoyable and stale the game becomes.

  • @UnusedAccount said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581340#Comment_3581340

    Survivors do need to get out of their comfort zone and try different perks. People scoff at Aftercare but I've saved so many teammates with this perk, it should be illegal to have constant aura reading 90% of the match.

    It is illegal, we need to delete Object asap.....please? We'll beg and play pig so ppl can boop out snoot for 100 matches....

    Side note anyone know why we're not getting notifications anymore?

  • @Melinko said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581043#Comment_3581043

    Yes I would be.

    There is plenty of ways to apply the exposed status effect thus making Made For This utterly useless. Instead of countering a perk with another perk, the playerbase was upset they had to change a perk slot for something that was situational and cried nerf!!!

    The irony in this, is that when the survivors scream nerf Ultimate Weapon, the response is just run calm spirit as it counters Ultimate Weapon.

    The more nerfs and changes the Devs are forced to make, the more unenjoyable and stale the game becomes.

    How much of an impact do you think Exposed has against MFT/Resilience/WoO/X after the first down?

  • Survivors got used to play with very strong perks and now they can not appreciate them. That's my honest opinion.

    SWF can bring 16 strong perks & 4 Items with strong addons as well.

    Killer can use only 4 Perks that are not stronger than Survivors Perks. Okay. We shouldn't compare Survivor Perk to Killer Perk.

    But it's easy to notice how much value only 1 Survivor Perk can make.

    What strong perks Survivors can use at current DBD? Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, Lithe, Balanced Landing, Adrenaline , Unbreakable, Resilence, Windows Of Opportunity, Buckle Up, For The People, Made For This, Hope and more and more, but not that strong at these things.

    I need to repeat this - it's 4 Perks Vs 16 Perks.

    What Killer can play?

    Pop Goes The Weasel - he need to down someone first and carry him to the hook and next hope than Survivors will not finish the gen before he kicks it.

    Pain Resonance - to get constant value from this Perk Killer needs to chase different Survivors.

    Only these two Perks Regresion are strong and viable.

    Dead Lock & No Way Out - only 2 decent slowdown perks.

    Aaaaa I forgot Distorion on Survivor side - it basically reveals Killer's Perks and let them avoid Aura reveal. Poor Huntress...

  • @ays12151 said:

    Survivors got used to play with very strong perks and now they can not appreciate them. That's my honest opinion.

    SWF can bring 16 strong perks & 4 Items with strong addons as well.

    Killer can use only 4 Perks that are not stronger than Survivors Perks. Okay. We shouldn't compare Survivor Perk to Killer Perk.

    But it's easy to notice how much value only 1 Survivor Perk can make.

    What strong perks Survivors can use at current DBD? Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, Lithe, Balanced Landing, Adrenaline , Unbreakable, Resilence, Windows Of Opportunity, Buckle Up, For The People, Made For This, Hope and more and more, but not that strong at these things.

    I need to repeat this - it's 4 Perks Vs 16 Perks.

    What Killer can play?

    Pop Goes The Weasel - he need to down someone first and carry him to the hook and next hope than Survivors will not finish the gen before he kicks it.

    Pain Resonance - to get constant value from this Perk Killer needs to chase different Survivors.

    Only these two Perks Regresion are strong and viable.

    Dead Lock & No Way Out - only 2 decent slowdown perks.

    Aaaaa I forgot Distorion on Survivor side - it basically reveals Killer's Perks and let them avoid Aura reveal. Poor Huntress...

    As of what we have right now, I can't think of any killer perks I wish were nerfed. But I'm gonna emphasize what you briefly said about survivor/killer perks. Comparing them as though the role of killer and survivor teams is the same, is a mistake. It's true that killers only have 4 perks, whereas survivors have 16. But survivors have to navigate all the pitfalls of teamwork, that's assuming they are even able to communicate with each other. Survivors can sink each other and the whole team by themselves. Killers never have to deal with this. The roles are different, so perk comparison feels kind of pointless.

    Those are 4 good perks. I did notice that there's no undectable ones on there though. I love undectable. You can do some serious damage with it. To me, it feels like the most underrated effect in the game.

  • nice argument bro. go to twitter if you are gonna throw nonsense around and not say anything productive.

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581299#Comment_3581299

    uh huh yeah. i'm currently iri 1 on survivor and just got iri 4 on killer and mft is on EVERY SINGLE survivor build of mine. try again. i just want a balanced game.

    Yeah..

  • @Paternalpark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581278#Comment_3581278

    Exactly, my teammates just use self care, calm spirt and distortion.

    But when I play killer it's all adren, ort, mft and hope.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581284#Comment_3581284

    The fact that mft nerf brings you such joy shows your a killer main perpetrating "us vs them".

    Ok...

    Can you prove your point of them being an "dirty killa main"?

    Because throwing these terms around is also supporting us VS them.

  • @Paternalpark said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581353#Comment_3581353

    Yes they can, half the roster has insta down add ons and many killers have insta down as their power.

    Sloppy is not fine.

    Go against my wesker straight after hook and then we'll talk.

    Hey...

    I play Pig...

    Where's my insta down?

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581405#Comment_3581405

    That's kinda the point, though. They didn't remove, gut, destroy, kill, or whatever word you might want to use, Circle of Healing.

    It's a decent perk in solo queue and a great perk in SWF. In what universe is that removing content or lowering the pool of available options? It's a good perk, you'll get moderate use out of it. It's also good in specific builds; pair it with Overzealous for near-constant gen speed, for instance.

    This is my point in microcosm. People aren't willing to accept that a perk can be less impactful than the literal strongest things in the game and still be 100% viable. Nobody wants to put any thought or effort into making use of the plethora of good options they have available to them and then complain about the supposed staleness of perk variety when it's completely on them.

    I have been preaching this for years.

    There are tons of amazing perks, the game isnt stale or restricting, the player is restricting themselves and making the game stale for themselves.

    We have hundreds of perks, all allowing for different and diverse ways of playing, some are victims of power creep, of course, but frankly they still hold up rather well even today.

  • I know this is off topic, but this should be a thing… Given that people brought up Dark Theory quite a bit.

    If survivors have to take time to bless totems… Then a killer should have to take time to hex totems...

    It sounds outlandish, but hear me out…

    The the issue with Hexes are that they enter the trial lit. Unless they activate through some other means like NOED or Plaything… Most times Hex totems spawn in a stupid position that can’t be protected, and even where survivors spawn at the start…. Meaning if the killer was across the map a survivor could break the totem before the killer even used it. Unless the killer has insane mobility, or range (Artist).

    If killers can CHOOSE when/where certain hexes activate that would definitely bring balance to the weakest killers. Hexes like Third Seal, Blood Favor, Ruin, Crowd Control should be hexes that killers can choose to activate at a Dull totem that they found. While Devour and Lullaby are lit at the start of the trial.

  • I have resorted to using meme perks for this reason. I no longer rely on my perks because there's no point. So now I'm steady lifting up pallets and throwing pebbles in the faces of tunneling killers cuz what else is there to do? Might as well get a laugh or 2 before I die. I enjoy the game more now with the expectation of dying every time.

  • I think that nerfs should only be used if absolutely needed. In Dead By Daylight, both Survivors and Killers are supposed to challenge each other. I play both Killer and Survivor with the Knight as my main.

    I try to be fair to the Survivors in order so that everyone has fun. So far, no one has DC'ed when I play Knight. I don't camp the hook nor do I waste my guards guarding a hooked Survivor. To me, they already have been hooked, so there's no need to stay there. That and I find camping boring. Hell, I'll discover Survivors healing under the hook and leave them be. Why? Because I want them to have fun as well.

    I usually will ignore a Survivor that I just hooked as long as I don't find them near the same generator I found them, especially if it's near the hook they were on. Common sense, don't go to the gen where the Killer last found you. I don't like bully squads or toxic players so that I will take them out without mercy. But I usually try to be fair and will give the survivors a nod of approval if they succeed in escaping.

    All I want is to be a good player and have fun. I'm sorry if your favorite perks were nerfed. I see DBD as a video game with an underdog story or David vs Goliath. Killers are supposed to be a threat to survivors.

    Would you rather say that you defeat a weak Killer or defeat a Killer that was a worthy challenge? To me, I prefer to have the challenging Killer due when I play Survivor due to it is testing my skills as a player. When I play as one of my Killers, I basically start the trial observing the survivors to see what I'm dealing with. I hate winning a trial without a single gen done; I find it boring. As a Killer, I want a challenge to test my skills. So, I think that nerfs should be last resort. Only if needed.

  • @StarTheBabe said:

    I have resorted to using meme perks for this reason. I no longer rely on my perks because there's no point. So now I'm steady lifting up pallets and throwing pebbles in the faces of tunneling killers cuz what else is there to do? Might as well get a laugh or 2 before I die. I enjoy the game more now with the expectation of dying every time.

    Same I throw on super altruistic perks just so I can heal teamates really fast or just run mom because I like taking protective hits.

  • For me the problem has been that super strong perks can be stacked by a really good SWF team, I remember facing a lot of 4 player lobbies all with dead hard, decisive strike. If they introduce ''roles'' as every player has to choose a role like ''healer'' ''Chaser'' and each role had a different set of perks without the possibility of choosing 4 survivors of the same role this wouldn't be an issue....

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3581186#Comment_3581186

    We got a second wave of Hex Perks that only spawn on the map once their condition is met, ie Plaything, FaceTheDarkness and now the new TwoCanPlay and I would argue that this Hex perks are much more fun to play, because they offer a sort of reliability that's totally missing from the traditional hexes.

    Why am I writing this paragraph? Because I think boons could use a second wave of effects, too. Right now all boons are streamlined to having the same range and effect around the totem, no matter their effect.

    I would love more personal boons. Something like

    Boon: Dark Theory - the first time ou get wounded, a dull totem on the map gets blessed and you gain a mapwide +2% haste effect that persists as long as you are wounded. But for every second being chased by the killers, they get 1m aura reading on the totem. The perk gets deactivated permanently once this totem gets snuffed

    Or another reactive one:

    Boon: Charmed Life - the first time you are put into the dying state, one dull totem on the map gets blessed and you enter deep wound. This Boon now holds a part of your life force, if the killer snuffs it, your aura will be revealed for 9s and you become exposed for 1min.

    Lets stop with perks giving health states for free. They make the low tier killers worse.

    If the survivor remained broken for 240 seconds or the killer had 240 seconds of aura reading, i would agree. But this way it would only make the mettle of man problem all over again

    Edit: about the OP discussion, survivors still have very strong and realiable perks to use: Dead Hard, Decisive, Windows of Opportunity, Resilence, Deja Vu, many exhaustion perks, Boon + Overzealous.

    MFT was a problem in the game and I'm happy its gone from its original state (still will be a strong perk in some combos). Survivors still have plenty of good perks to use

1 2 ›