Is this a bug or an early implemented feature?

Ever since I opened the game this morning I noticed I got what I thought was a lobby bug, but it kept happening even after restarting the game. I can't see the prestige level of the survivors (nor of my team mates as survivor, even pre-made lobby, nor as killer). I honestly love this and I hope it's an early implemented feature like that one to see your build on the right of the screen that some people got, and others didn't yet. I was still able to see the prestige of people during the scoreboard chat. Honestly, made me play the game more comfortably and it felt good. Props to the team if it's an early implemented feature that is being tested or something!

P.S.: Emojis to hide discord call and players names

image.png image.png


Comments

  • @bravo37 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3534634#Comment_3534634

    Nothing in my post stated anything apocalyptic was occurring. I've simply noticed way more one sided matches, with me the one being outclassed, since they've started messing with this mechanic. Sure, I could keep playing, if that's what you mean by survive. But it ain't fun, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. My point is which is the lesser evil, which drives away more players... Catering to those who want to shave a few minutes off of a wait time? Then expect those of us who are mostly frustrated with the game to lose interest.

    An image above players' heads being invisible or not has nothing to do with why or when you get matched with them. You were still going to end up in that lobby regardless. Prestige doesn't effect MMR.

  • @Venusa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3534652#Comment_3534652

    An image above players' heads being invisible or not has nothing to do with why or when you get matched with them. You were still going to end up in that lobby regardless. Prestige doesn't effect MMR.

    I know you guys who are annoyed with the wait times but if I SEE the numbers are well above what I perceive to be an even match, I leave that lobby and look for something without level 100s. Am I specifically looking for an advantage and shopping for a person whos well under me? No, I just want an equal playing field. My highest level character whether it's killer or survivor is 3. That's how much I play. Should I be forced to play with someone who's obviously outclassed me? I don't believe so, I'd rather not. I'd rather wait another 5 mins for something that looks like it won't be a miserable experience. I get the random lobby matches have nothing to do with this change. But now I can't decide whether it's something I wanna deal with.


    Like I said the problem is apparently a lack of evenly matched player base, so they hide it. That doesn't fix the root problem. That just frustrates people like me who have to blindly enter a contest that I most likely will lose. I'd rather play games to enjoy them.

  • Please remember that matchmaking does not factor in Prestige levels (nor should it) and that Prestige levels are not a factor in a players MMR level.

  • @bravo37 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3534663#Comment_3534663

    I know you guys who are annoyed with the wait times but if I SEE the numbers are well above what I perceive to be an even match, I leave that lobby and look for something without level 100s. Am I specifically looking for an advantage and shopping for a person whos well under me? No, I just want an equal playing field. My highest level character whether it's killer or survivor is 3. That's how much I play. Should I be forced to play with someone who's obviously outclassed me? I don't believe so, I'd rather not. I'd rather wait another 5 mins for something that looks like it won't be a miserable experience. I get the random lobby matches have nothing to do with this change. But now I can't decide whether it's something I wanna deal with.

    Like I said the problem is apparently a lack of evenly matched player base, so they hide it. That doesn't fix the root problem. That just frustrates people like me who have to blindly enter a contest that I most likely will lose. I'd rather play games to enjoy them.

    But you know that basically the only thing this behavior provides is survivors not playing a survivor they like. Right? Because does my skill diminish when I do my daily on P3 character instead of going for my P100 Claud (that I don't play very often any more)?

    Also - lobby dodges are most likely THE reason why you were backfilled into that unfair lobby anyway (because someone appropriate that got those people before you just felt like he deserves what he perceives as easier match).

  • @bravo37 said:

    If matchmaking is such that is so disproportionate in player skill that says something about a declining player base, so hiding the fact that you either have a problem with new player numbers or departing seasoned ones or mid level ones walking away from it, I dont believe this is the fix to your problem.

    I'm relatively new, started slightly before que times were terrible in my limited experience, a few months before the 7 year anniversary, so I'm not what you'd call good at the game by any stretch. During the first few months of playing the game was engaging, as a killer, and I found the matches to be rather close. As a survivor, random teams seemed 50/50 whether I'd get some sandbags or players that didnt even know how to use perks yet, or we'd get your random p100, so thats always been just a mixed bag it seems, but for the most part I don't seem to recall being utterly outclassed by a killer before this either playing survivor.

    Lately I've had nothing but survivors with the ability to endlessly loop, gen rush, and whether they are random or a group of friends out to troll completely one side a match to where I'm close to hanging up the game altogether. I'd say the not very fun matches I've had in the past week or so are 3 to 1 in ratio. I don't play games to be frustrated, so this newly implemented feature makes it fun for your veteran players. Not players like me.

    You're absolutely right at this point I'd lobby shop. As a guy who's trying to develop skill and learn the game, I don't find an environment where I'm completely dominated for most matches conducive to learning and enjoying the game.

    I'm sure all the higher level players who are doing the destroying of killers or high ranked killers who are getting a group of babies are absolutely loving the idea.

    I'm certain if you look at the data you'll see their ranking going up steadily as newer players like me stagnate or get worse.

    This is not a welcome change, as I absolutely would leave a lobby after waiting 5/10 mins to join up with a group of level 50+ flashlight holding survivors.

    You as a developer need to find some way to either retain a player base or be more inviting to newer ones. Not put a bandaid on the problem by masking a disproportionate skill level in matchmaking.

    From the player perspective, if you're enjoying the total domination of lesser skilled players as a skilled and seasoned one, especially due to this change... well I don't see how that's that's very fun at all.

    If you're wondering why a killer would go sit in the basement and wait out the time after being flash-banged, permablinded, head-on at every locker, pallet stunned at every corner, and has gotten perhaps 2 hooks in 4 gens, this is why. This cannot be an engaging experience for them either.

    Seems to me this speaks to a real problem of a good game hemorrhaging players and not gaining new ones, so my suggestion is focus on how to compete with that rather than just masking it with the inability to see how one sided match ups have become lately.

    PSA: lobby shopping is part of the problem that you are complaining about. People who do this are greatly contributing to the MMR imbalance and perpetuating what they see to be as the problem. But instead of acknowledging how bad this is for the whole game, they would like to just be able to keep doing it because it's what's easiest for them. It is NOT a fix.


    Is the MMR system the greatest? No. It certainly needs some work or a complete overhaul. BUT.


    There are two reasons, aside with the problems with MMR to begin with, why you are constantly getting matches that are above your skill level.


    1) A killer of higher skill than you dodged the lobby and you got back-filled in. They lobby shopped and now it's your problem to deal with!


    2) Because you said "You're absolutely right at this point I'd lobby shop." it sounds like you haven't been BUT. If you have continuously lobby shopped, dodging all lobbies that you perceived would've been of the slightest inconvenience for you instead of taking them as a learning experience, your MMR is now way higher than your actual skill level so it's pitting you against survivors that it believes you are capable of taking on.


    This exact logic exists on the survivor side as well.


    You see where lobby shopping is a bad thing overall and actually causes severe imbalances in matchmaking in and of itself?


    They need to do away with lobby shopping as a whole, which this update would really help with, and then they can tackle the actual problems with MMR.

  • @bravo37 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3534663#Comment_3534663

    I know you guys who are annoyed with the wait times but if I SEE the numbers are well above what I perceive to be an even match, I leave that lobby and look for something without level 100s. Am I specifically looking for an advantage and shopping for a person whos well under me? No, I just want an equal playing field. My highest level character whether it's killer or survivor is 3. That's how much I play. Should I be forced to play with someone who's obviously outclassed me? I don't believe so, I'd rather not. I'd rather wait another 5 mins for something that looks like it won't be a miserable experience. I get the random lobby matches have nothing to do with this change. But now I can't decide whether it's something I wanna deal with.

    Like I said the problem is apparently a lack of evenly matched player base, so they hide it. That doesn't fix the root problem. That just frustrates people like me who have to blindly enter a contest that I most likely will lose. I'd rather play games to enjoy them.

    And I will only complement what @Agentized said, that if my group sees some killer that is clearly not appropeiate for us, we tend to stop just before finishing last gen and search all totems. Bad killer player is (and especially before nerf used to be) THE best indicator if killer has NOED.

    If you want to have fair games, you should use same-strength addons, ok perks that don't give insane advantage. And once you start to camp/tunnel/lobby shop, you will have to camp/tunnel or endure some extra losses (this works until you are too high/soft cap or too low). And survivors have it same with genrushing btw.

  • suddenly disappeared for me too. it was cool being able to see other peoples prestige level and it was cool knowing they could see mine. now i don't feel motivated to do the blood web anymore. so cool, thanks for that

    don't get what's up making all my progress and skill in the game completely private from everyone

  • This really needs to be an opt in beta, like the wiggle change. And if it IS implemented eventually in game, it needs to be an option that you can turn on and off.

  • @DEMONANCE said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3534146#Comment_3534146

    wait am so confused

    this feature is supposed to help Survivors how is it nerfing Survivors?

    also how are you saying you're a newbie killer and at the same time complaining about xeno you should be happy there's a strong killer to play right?

    many questions.

    plus I'd like to say that when mmr was implemented and before the prestige rework you could only see grades i think and grades were only for monthly rewards yet people took em as a measure of skill and were complaining about getting queued with iri 1 players when that meant absolutely nothing and wasn't a factor in matchmaking.

    then it was prestiges, which were only meant as a way to show off your commitment to a character you like but people still took it as a measurement of skill (even if sometimes it could actually correlate to this) and started dodging or harassing high prestige players so imo the necessary evil is that nothing be shown at all so people (me included) stop freaking out about numbers on the screen and just play the game and focus on improving the mm system itself.

    Survivors are nerfed and the game is most killer friendly, that's what I'm saying. Dead hard got nerfed to the ground to the point no one uses it anymore, which is actually a skill perk cuz most of the killers waited for DH anyways so you gotta time it. Decisive strike which prevents tunneling now doesn't work in endgame, etc... I'm actually a survivor main but in the rare scenarios that I'm playing killer I wanna enjoy, which means not having 3 prestige 100 dudes with 20k and more hours in the game to bully me every single game. So taking the feature to see their prestige and how many hours they've got is bullcrap at its finest, what if I want to enjoy the game, not getting tbagged and bullied by survivors who don't touch grass?

    This toxic behavior I'm getting almost every single game when playing a slightly harder killer like Nurse, Wesker, etc. is just promoting me playing bubba and facecamping the next set of survivors, no matter their prestige or toxicity. You can be toxic all you want but you dead on the hook boy... Playing the Cenobite and getting bullied, flashlighted every corner, pallet stunned, or the classic sabotage tech every single time so in the end I'm gen rushed with 0 hooks or 1 hook and they all get away. I'm getting 5-10k pts for my suffering while they all get out get 20-30k pts and this happens almost every game. the MMr is trash anyways, that ######### ain't working anytime of the week. On my third ever killer game I got 3 prestiges which were 50 and higher. To even get a character to this prestige, you'd have to have 50 times my playtime in the game. Not sure how this is fair, to remove the option to see that or to match you with these dudes when you're just starting. Anyways, my point being that seasoned survivors bully newbie killers and are being toxic to them but no one ever punishes them and ALSO the game being killer friendly, nerfing the survivors every patch is why no one plays it(mostly I mean the new players and couple seasoned ones) and we get matched with the most toxic bunch of them all. Talking from a survivor and killer perspective, toxic teammates who grieve for no reason and suicide on the hook or just straighta give up; toxic killers who tunnel or facecamp the hell outta you for no reason. Had a game yesterday, my friend was getting facecamped on 5 gens when the egirl huntress downed both of us in the first 30 seconds of the game with the iri hatchet. He didn't even do nothing to deserve this... And at the end we saw his name which was "I love mikaela" so the stinky egirl was being friendly to the mikaela but toxic to everyone else.

    If you don't like getting lobby dodged just implement that feature for the survivors to see as well... Just the prestige, not the killer itself. It can't be that hard to put together 5 lines of code for that... Instead we getting this xeno broken crap which is not only op as hell but broke the game as well. Lobbies are getting disconnected, game is crashing every now and then.... like - fix this before implementing those pointless features which ain't doing anything positive anyways...

  • I've been taking a short break from the game but returning this week and I just wanted to come here and say THANK YOU. I've been asking for this to be a thing for months now.

  • What they should be doing is implementing the ability to see what perks your team is running. This would help out solo queue immensely. This, this is a silly change. Lobby dodging is not that big of an issue.

  • @Shot_thru_a_cannon said:

    What they should be doing is implementing the ability to see what perks your team is running. This would help out solo queue immensely. This, this is a silly change. Lobby dodging is not that big of an issue.

    I agree on the feature to see your team mates perks for the sake of synergy and stuff, but people also pointed out it could be used as a way to dodge if people don't like the perks somebody else is using. I strongly disagree with you that lobby dodging isn't an issue at the moment, because it is. Lobby dodging is also one of the main reasons why MMR doesn't work at all. You can read the comments under the main post of this debate and will understand why! :)

  • @bravo37 said:

    If matchmaking is such that is so disproportionate in player skill that says something about a declining player base, so hiding the fact that you either have a problem with new player numbers or departing seasoned ones or mid level ones walking away from it, I dont believe this is the fix to your problem.

    I'm relatively new, started slightly before que times were terrible in my limited experience, a few months before the 7 year anniversary, so I'm not what you'd call good at the game by any stretch. During the first few months of playing the game was engaging, as a killer, and I found the matches to be rather close. As a survivor, random teams seemed 50/50 whether I'd get some sandbags or players that didnt even know how to use perks yet, or we'd get your random p100, so thats always been just a mixed bag it seems, but for the most part I don't seem to recall being utterly outclassed by a killer before this either playing survivor.

    Lately I've had nothing but survivors with the ability to endlessly loop, gen rush, and whether they are random or a group of friends out to troll completely one side a match to where I'm close to hanging up the game altogether. I'd say the not very fun matches I've had in the past week or so are 3 to 1 in ratio. I don't play games to be frustrated, so this newly implemented feature makes it fun for your veteran players. Not players like me.

    You're absolutely right at this point I'd lobby shop. As a guy who's trying to develop skill and learn the game, I don't find an environment where I'm completely dominated for most matches conducive to learning and enjoying the game.

    I'm sure all the higher level players who are doing the destroying of killers or high ranked killers who are getting a group of babies are absolutely loving the idea.

    I'm certain if you look at the data you'll see their ranking going up steadily as newer players like me stagnate or get worse.

    This is not a welcome change, as I absolutely would leave a lobby after waiting 5/10 mins to join up with a group of level 50+ flashlight holding survivors.

    You as a developer need to find some way to either retain a player base or be more inviting to newer ones. Not put a bandaid on the problem by masking a disproportionate skill level in matchmaking.

    From the player perspective, if you're enjoying the total domination of lesser skilled players as a skilled and seasoned one, especially due to this change... well I don't see how that's that's very fun at all.

    If you're wondering why a killer would go sit in the basement and wait out the time after being flash-banged, permablinded, head-on at every locker, pallet stunned at every corner, and has gotten perhaps 2 hooks in 4 gens, this is why. This cannot be an engaging experience for them either.

    Seems to me this speaks to a real problem of a good game hemorrhaging players and not gaining new ones, so my suggestion is focus on how to compete with that rather than just masking it with the inability to see how one sided match ups have become lately.

    So I will gladly pick any of my P3 to P9 survivors so you don't doge me. It doesn't matter. I have still 6.5k hrs whether I play my P100 Jeff or my P3 Nic.

  • @MasterofDungeons said:

    This really needs to be an opt in beta, like the wiggle change. And if it IS implemented eventually in game, it needs to be an option that you can turn on and off.

    So that those who turn it off are targeted like the P100's are now? No thanks. Either all or none.

  • @Mandy said:

    Can confirm that this is not a bug. We are conducting some ongoing tests with some players, and we're always looking to improve the player experience within the game. We will be monitoring the feedback closely on this.

    I'm ok with it hiding survivor prestige but I feel like it is annoying that I cant see my teammates at this point I don't think me p100 is worth it I should have gotten everyone to p6 I love killers not seeing survivor prestige but for God sake can I please see my teammates prestige

  • @dera4a said:

    Worst feature ever... Not only did you make this broken ass killer xeno which is total pay to win but I cannot see the prestige of the people I play with/against? Yeah sounds about right, 3 p100 in my match, vs a newbie killer 1-3 prestige. Sounds very fair and I can't even see it now and dodge the lobby. Instead, I'm getting bullied by people with 10k and more hours in the game which are teabagging and being toxic all game and afterwards... Screw this #########, stop nerfing survivors for the crying killers and maybe bring some balance to the game instead of doing such bullshit features that aren't fair at all and pushing new pay-to-win DLCs like the last one... Takes all the fun outta the game, so great job, great decisions...

    It's not whether prestige is visible that matters. It's the matchmaking that is the problem. BHVR should work on fixing that.

  • @Batraidyn said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3530183#Comment_3530183

    I'm ok with it hiding survivor prestige but I feel like it is annoying that I cant see my teammates at this point I don't think me p100 is worth it I should have gotten everyone to p6 I love killers not seeing survivor prestige but for God sake can I please see my teammates prestige

    Why? To lobby shop for yourself?

  • @CatnipLove said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3534146#Comment_3534146

    It's not whether prestige is visible that matters. It's the matchmaking that is the problem. BHVR should work on fixing that.

    And one of the reasons why it’s bad it’s because of lobby dodging. It’s been explained in the comment section of this post so many times.

  • Actually there is only one good way to make "lobby targeting" disappear. MAKE IT SO MUCH HARDER TO TUNNEL, that's it.

  • @vol4r said:

    Actually there is only one good way to make "lobby targeting" disappear. MAKE IT SO MUCH HARDER TO TUNNEL, that's it.

    For this there must be a huge benefit in hooking different people multiple times.

  • @adaw0ng said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542454#Comment_3542454

    And one of the reasons why it’s bad it’s because of lobby dodging. It’s been explained in the comment section of this post so many times. Read, please.

    I'm very much aware that lobby dodging is a problem. But it's not the only reason the matchmaking sucks.

  • @CatnipLove said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542644#Comment_3542644

    I'm very much aware that lobby dodging is a problem. But it's not the only reason the matchmaking sucks.

    but hiding prestige has no bearing on matchmaking at all - so not sure why you think the two things are connected.

    Skill and prestige levels are completely different things, and a survivor could quite easily switch to a lower prestiged character to play - that doesn't change their skill level.

  • No so I didn't waste 1000 hours of my life on getting p100 if I can't see my teammates preistege why did I p100? No one even looks at preistege in end game plus since you literally get NOTHING for getting p100 you get literally nothing after p9. Survivors seeing survivors priestege in pre game is all you have removing that will just make every p100 furious

  • @Batraidyn said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542613#Comment_3542613

    No so I didn't waste 1000 hours of my life on getting p100 if I can't see my teammates preistege why did I p100? No one even looks at preistege in end game plus since you literally get NOTHING for getting p100 you get literally nothing after p9. Survivors seeing survivors priestege in pre game is all you have removing that will just make every p100 furious

    That is simply not true. You look at Prestiges and maybe there will be something with the upcoming player cards as well.

    You also get more Iri addons as well.

    And your last argument is also not true. Many P100 players love the changes as they don't get targeted by killers.

  • Also why would I lobby shop preistege doesn't mean skill idc if my teammate is a p3 ada or a p100 I play as a p12 sometimes when I don't want to be chased a lot and play my p100 nea when I do want to get chased

  • @Batraidyn said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542613#Comment_3542613

    No so I didn't waste 1000 hours of my life on getting p100 if I can't see my teammates preistege why did I p100? No one even looks at preistege in end game plus since you literally get NOTHING for getting p100 you get literally nothing after p9. Survivors seeing survivors priestege in pre game is all you have removing that will just make every p100 furious

    Do you know how many people regret leveling their favorite characters to P100? This is a highly-requested feature by the community to combat lobby-dodging and harassment. The negatives outweight the positives when it comes to visible prestige here when the only positive is very surface level and to "show it off".

  • And killers only lobby dodge bc the MMR is bad they associate preistege with skill because they always get unfair match making against ppl that are really good they take hits for teammates and gen rush and at end game they check to see they have high hours in the game and because of that they have a p100 it's the toxic swf running coms and bully build that sparked the fear in killers so when they see a p100 surv they think of the times toxic survivors tbag and bully the killer that they lobby dodge for they own sanity. Now this is not me agreeing that priestege=skill I'm just saying why killers think that. They are genuinely terrified of going against another toxic

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542920#Comment_3542920

    That is simply not true. You look at Prestiges and maybe there will be something with the upcoming player cards as well.

    You also get more Iri addons as well.

    And your last argument is also not true. Many P100 players love the changes as they don't get targeted by killers.

    Who cares about irl add-ons when you already have a ton I literally have over 100 bnp and 98 anti syringe

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542920#Comment_3542920

    That is simply not true. You look at Prestiges and maybe there will be something with the upcoming player cards as well.

    You also get more Iri addons as well.

    And your last argument is also not true. Many P100 players love the changes as they don't get targeted by killers.

    Also yeah I totally go to my bloodweb and go like "cool time well spent I'm so happy I did this"🤣

  • @Venusa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542920#Comment_3542920

    Do you know how many people regret leveling their favorite characters to P100? This is a highly-requested feature by the community to combat lobby-dodging and harassment. The negatives outweight the positives here when the only positive is very surface level and to "show it off".

    Exactly that is why I hold on to that so hard BHVR didn't give us anything else for getting p100 which is very unfair getting p6 is more rewarding than p100 why

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542920#Comment_3542920

    That is simply not true. You look at Prestiges and maybe there will be something with the upcoming player cards as well.

    You also get more Iri addons as well.

    And your last argument is also not true. Many P100 players love the changes as they don't get targeted by killers.

    Also as a p100 I said I love that the killers can't see priestege. P100 love not getting tunneled I'm pretty sure p100's want teammates to see there priestege

  • @Batraidyn said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542613#Comment_3542613

    No so I didn't waste 1000 hours of my life on getting p100 if I can't see my teammates preistege why did I p100? No one even looks at preistege in end game plus since you literally get NOTHING for getting p100 you get literally nothing after p9. Survivors seeing survivors priestege in pre game is all you have removing that will just make every p100 furious

    I have 3 p100s and it doesn’t make me furious, it makes me so happy actually. Finally I can play my most beloved characters without feeling targeted for it nor feeling stalked at all (I use anon mode for that). I play freely knowing nobody will build any kind of fake self-made expectation based on my prestige levels nor profile information. No targeting set before the match starts either. I still post my p100 screenshots on my profile, where I allow in the people I choose myself. No flex to strangers is needed at all. Complain about this change to those who turned it into a weapon and targeted people, it’s their fault and nobody else’s you should be mad at. I’m loving this feature more and more every day!

  • @Batraidyn said:

    And killers only lobby dodge bc the MMR is bad they associate preistege with skill because they always get unfair match making against ppl that are really good they take hits for teammates and gen rush and at end game they check to see they have high hours in the game and because of that they have a p100 it's the toxic swf running coms and bully build that sparked the fear in killers so when they see a p100 surv they think of the times toxic survivors tbag and bully the killer that they lobby dodge for they own sanity. Now this is not me agreeing that priestege=skill I'm just saying why killers think that. They are genuinely terrified of going against another toxic

    So is the baby Meg that just started playing 2 weeks ago and has to go against a +1k hours alchring Blight with map offering and the best perks, but she can’t do anything about it but the Blight dodged 15 lobbies before just in case he could not keep up due to self-made expectations, so the mmr goes down because it favors queue times over matchmaking. Setting features to stop lobby shopping will help get good actual feedback on MMR and devs will be able to tweak and work from there.

  • @adaw0ng said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542920#Comment_3542920

    I have 3 p100s and it doesn’t make me furious, it makes me so happy actually. Finally I can play my most beloved characters without feeling targeted for it nor feeling stalked at all (I use anon mode for that). I play freely knowing nobody will build any kind of fake self-made expectation based on my prestige levels nor profile information. No targeting set before the match starts either. I still post my p100 screenshots on my profile, where I allow in the people I choose myself. No flex to strangers is needed at all. Complain about this change to those who turned it into a weapon and targeted people, it’s their fault and nobody else’s you should be mad at. I’m loving this feature more and more every day!

    I half agree with you I know I say this a lot but I love the idea killers can't see priestege bc that eliminates targeting for preistege but I don't like that teammates can't see each other's priestege

  • @adaw0ng said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542941#Comment_3542941

    So is the baby Meg that just started playing 2 weeks ago and has to go against a +1k hours alchring Blight with map offering and the best perks, but she can’t do anything about it but the Blight dodged 15 lobbies before just in case he could not keep up due to self-made expectations, so the mmr goes down because it favors queue times over matchmaking. Setting features to stop lobby shopping will help get good actual feedback on MMR and devs will be able to tweak and work from there.

    The blight wouldn't have a reason to lobby dodge because he can't see survivors priestege

  • Y'all don't understand I don't have a problem with killer not seeing survivor priestege lmao I love that part of the feature

  • @Batraidyn said:

    Y'all don't understand I don't have a problem with killer not seeing survivor lmao I love that part of the feature

    And you don’t understand that this feature wants to avoid people dodging what may look like a “baby Meg/Leon” as a team mate too and we all just want you to play the damn game fully blind without self-made expectations. If you want to flex show it on your profile so if people care enough to do it, they will go check it. We just want to play the game normally and try to help MMR be adjusted naturally because it struggles to work if people dodge lobbies. As a team mate I don’t care about the prestige of my mates nor I want them to care about mine, same way I don’t want the killer to know about it either. Going fully oblivious to the trials without overloaded information is the best thing to prevent lobby dodging.

  • @adaw0ng said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542978#Comment_3542978

    And you don’t understand that this feature wants to avoid people dodging what may look like a “baby Meg/Leon” as a team mate too and we all just want you to play the damn game fully blind without self-made expectations. If you want to flex show it on your profile so if people care enough to do it, they will go check it. We just want to play the game normally and try to help MMR be adjusted naturally because it struggles to work if people dodge lobbies. As a team mate I don’t care about the prestige of my mates nor I want them to care about mine, same way I don’t want the killer to know about it either. Going fully oblivious to the trials without overloaded information is the best thing to prevent lobby dodging.

    Well I bet you regret get your survivors to p100 lmao

  • ?

    You are just not reading what people reply to you because I said that I don’t regret it now and this feature made me happy because I am able to play my p100s again free of judgment. Since you don’t want to read or you are trolling actually, that’s it for me in this debate with you. Cheers!

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542862#Comment_3542862

    but hiding prestige has no bearing on matchmaking at all - so not sure why you think the two things are connected.

    Skill and prestige levels are completely different things, and a survivor could quite easily switch to a lower prestiged character to play - that doesn't change their skill level.

    I don't think that. I was simply saying that the person I responded to, had a bad experience as a result of matchmaking not working. A player's prestige being hidden isn't necessarily responsible for that. I don't think all matchmaking mishaps are a result of another player backing out.

    Perhaps I was inarticulate, if so, I apologise. Hopefully my position is clearer now.

  • @Batraidyn said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542613#Comment_3542613

    Also why would I lobby shop preistege doesn't mean skill idc if my teammate is a p3 ada or a p100 I play as a p12 sometimes when I don't want to be chased a lot and play my p100 nea when I do want to get chased

    Then why do u need to see other survivors' Prestiges? There is nothing important to see as you said (and me as well) yourself. Prestige=/=skill.

    @Batraidyn said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542930#Comment_3542930

    Also as a p100 I said I love that the killers can't see priestege. P100 love not getting tunneled I'm pretty sure p100's want teammates to see there priestege

    They will se it in the end. That's enough for me. I do not need to show-off before the match.

    And I also hate the fact that people have certain expectations if you have high prestige and/or lots of playtime. People tend to get mad if you are not the god they were hoping for.

    @Batraidyn said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3542930#Comment_3542930

    Also yeah I totally go to my bloodweb and go like "cool time well spent I'm so happy I did this"🤣

    It actually makes a difference on killer.

  • @adaw0ng said:

    Ever since I opened the game this morning I noticed I got what I thought was a lobby bug, but it kept happening even after restarting the game. I can't see the prestige level of the survivors (nor of my team mates as survivor, even pre-made lobby, nor as killer). I honestly love this and I hope it's an early implemented feature like that one to see your build on the right of the screen that some people got, and others didn't yet. I was still able to see the prestige of people during the scoreboard chat. Honestly, made me play the game more comfortably and it felt good. Props to the team if it's an early implemented feature that is being tested or something!

    P.S.: Emojis to hide discord call and players names

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7OGQHCW2YI4O/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/E6YOBPRWHLXI/image.png

    i hope its a bug, i wasted billions to get to 100 just for it to disappear... i mostly played last year just to show off the prestige and as soon as i got to 100 its gone :(😥

  • @Shocke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/389835/is-this-a-bug-or-an-early-implemented-feature

    i hope its a bug, i wasted billions to get to 100 just for it to disappear... i mostly played last year just to show off the prestige and as soon as i got to 100 its gone :(😥

    It's been confirmed under this exact same post by a dev that it's an intentional test. It's a way to avoid lobby dodging and also targeting from the very beginning of the match due to prestige level.

  • i would really appreciate transparency and clarity on these tests and ways to opt in and out. All of these changes without announcements and options lead to confusion and only serve to gaslight players.

  • @averagemikaelamain said:

    i would really appreciate transparency and clarity on these tests and ways to opt in and out. All of these changes without announcements and options lead to confusion and only serve to gaslight players.

    AB testing is done without announcements and there's no way to opt in or out - they are done very randomly. You can find out more on AB testing here if you're interested: A/B testing - Wikipedia

    It's certainly not "gaslighting".

  • @adaw0ng said:

    Ever since I opened the game this morning I noticed I got what I thought was a lobby bug, but it kept happening even after restarting the game. I can't see the prestige level of the survivors (nor of my team mates as survivor, even pre-made lobby, nor as killer). I honestly love this and I hope it's an early implemented feature like that one to see your build on the right of the screen that some people got, and others didn't yet. I was still able to see the prestige of people during the scoreboard chat. Honestly, made me play the game more comfortably and it felt good. Props to the team if it's an early implemented feature that is being tested or something!

    P.S.: Emojis to hide discord call and players names

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7OGQHCW2YI4O/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/E6YOBPRWHLXI/image.png

    i wish theyd have it for you to at least see your teammates

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3547781#Comment_3547781

    AB testing is done without announcements and there's no way to opt in or out - they are done very randomly. You can find out more on AB testing here if you're interested: A/B testing - Wikipedia

    It's certainly not "gaslighting".

    That's garbage. I don't want to be part of this test, but I don't have a choice in the matter so my games get to be made significantly worse and I get no say in it.

  • @Zenislev said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3547867#Comment_3547867

    That's garbage. I don't want to be part of this test, but I don't have a choice in the matter so my games get to be made significantly worse and I get no say in it.

    Yeah, that's part of playing a live service game. You don't get a say in how the devs test out new features. There is no promise that things won't change. You go into a game like this accepting that.

    Of all the tests to be a part, of this isn't the most burdernsome. It's not like they are forcing you to use colour-blind mode, despite not being colour blind. You just can't dodge players based on their prestige. That's it. You can still dodge them for other reasons (flashlights, toolboxes, fancy cosmetics).

  • So you can lobby shop yourself? What do you think will happen?

    High prestige Survivors will dodge lobbies with low prestige survivors, especially if these are the basekit ones.

    Do you want that?

    Or do you just want something you can show off?

    It will be still visible after the match btw.

    @Zenislev said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3547867#Comment_3547867

    That's garbage. I don't want to be part of this test, but I don't have a choice in the matter so my games get to be made significantly worse and I get no say in it.

    How get your games worse with it? Mine only improved.

  • Good. I can finally play Claire/Lisa/Ada/Rebecca again!

    So tired of getting tunneled or lobby dodged :)

1 2 3 4 5