Why BHVR is so afraid to rework Nurse?

It's clear her power is so busted and there is no fair counters against her.

They can nerf her for million times but nothing will change.

They can take her all add-ons but nothing will change.

They can make her perkless killer to play but nothing will change.

Because this killer is ignoring everything core game has. No respect to pallets, ignore walls, make vaults unsafe. And ofcourse insane map mobility as well.

You nerfed Dead Hard to ground because obviously it was so op. But yet this killer is still in game after years. I think op things deserves to be nerfed only if survivors has it.

Comments

  • These days I've been thinking about the idea of ​​the possibility

     for Nurse to have a counterplay in the future, one of the ideas I thought of was to have devices on the map that if you interact with it for a while the map is lit, while there is this lighting Nurse would be unable to cross walls when using her blinks, but she could destroy the device that was lit to regain her full power, since from Nemesis most killers have gained some kind of counterplay that survs could interact with

    It's worth remembering that my idea is just an example, of course there should be tests on how to do this without ruining the killer, like when she couldn't cross walls she gained more speed (4.0 for example) returning to the original speed when she could cross walls another time, this would make the nurse busier reducing her gen patrol and chasing, which is the only thing she cares about in a game when the player is experienced, but it is something to be studied and tested in PTB

  • Generally speaking I like going against Nurse it is either a fun game, where I can make her guess by denying line of fight and more often than not make her abandon chase or gain a whole lot of distance or it is a 2-3 minute game which is also fine because it is over quick. Therefore Nurse is one of my most favorite killers to go against. Unlike Skull Merchant or other killers Nurse matches don't last that long and I prefer that. Making her unable to blink through walls basically turns her into Blight and that would remove what makes her special... I think she is in an OK spot right now, didn't even think it was necessary to remove her compatibility with sloppy or surge, the exposed change was alright though.

  • How would you even rework her? Her power just completely ignores everything that I can't see a way to rework her without completely changing her like Freddy.

    And as someone who mained the old Freddy, I really don't think they should ever rework a killer like that again.

  • @coco_shotz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503385#Comment_3503385

    Her point is that she shuts down specific loops, she doesn't completely remove looping altogether

    My brother in the entity, tell me one single loop she can't just blink over and completely shut off.

  • Dead hard doesn't get skins but Nurse gets xD

    Ok, now being serious. Reworking the nurse would probably just be too much work and alienate her player base too much so the best we can hope is probably some continous nerfs to her and for the devs to not lauch more perks that are ok on certain killers but completly busted on nurse.

    Basically just hope they learned their lesson if we ever get Dbd2.

  • The answer to your question is simple: she doesn't need one

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503645#Comment_3503645

    Her learning curve is essentially nothing, even while being the highest. Her skill ceiling is probably low A tier at best. It really is just a fact that most players on both sides are terrible and thus killer players struggle to get over a curve that is easy.

    The problem is that majority of the playerbase plays her with a controller, that's why her killrate is #########. She's way better with a mouse and keyboard, not nearly as clunky.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503460#Comment_3503460

    Id agree with point 2 if you posted this 5 years ago

    Game is balanced enough where a good chunk of killers can still hold their own against a group

    So you dont think KIllers like trapper, Freddy, Myers, Clown, Legion, Trickstar, and Pig need buffs or reworks

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    Because she's busted on a fundamental level. The only way to make her fair would be to completely change her power, and at that point you might as well just remove her.

    And can you imagine the uproar if a long time character were deleted or changed completely? Isn't gonna happen (thought it would be amazing if it did).

    Just look at it like this: games against Nurse aren't really even the same game; the killer isn't playing DBD, they're playing Nurse.

    I don't even get mad, I just switch on the autopilot and start thinking about my next game as soon as I hear that first blink. Sometimes the Nurse sucks out loud and you win, by I don't really care either way any more.

    I look at facing 4 man SWFs the same way as a killer. I don't even consider it a real match.

    Yup, the fact that you said it's not dbd anymore but nurse game instead, really shows how out of place this killer is.

    Imagine if survivors got perks to go through walls, teleport around, I mean, that would be considered hacking. But for a killer, I guess that's okay. Going through floors in an instant, cmon lol. It's just comical and basically hacking.

    Personally I can handle nurse, yes, even the ones that kill everyone very fast but I still don't like the killer. My distortion goes off like crazy and tricking them seems funny, but you're right, it doesn't feel like the rest of dbd, it feels like a different game.

    If this is the case and Nurse is fine to keep, how come they haven't made any other killer even remotely close to that thing since? Not asking you directly per say, just in general :)

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503645#Comment_3503645

    Her learning curve is essentially nothing, even while being the highest. Her skill ceiling is probably low A tier at best. It really is just a fact that most players on both sides are terrible and thus killer players struggle to get over a curve that is easy.

    am I really reading that a nurse skill ceiling is low a tier?

    what is an s tier for you?

    @C3Tooth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503578#Comment_3503578

    • 2nd blink movement time is 1sec. Her range is 12m, you can run for 4m.
    • Lung time is 1sec, her reach is 6m, you can run for 4m.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/T0ACY4TKXLX4/image.png

    Its not up to you to decide, its up to how good Nurse is. If they're good, no matter your choice, you get hit.

    The only chance for you to out run her lung range is she has to pause and check which direction before lung, good Nurse doesnt give you this precious time, she instantly lung post blink.

    I dont complain on Nurse because great Nurse is rare; good Nurses makes the game end fast, I dont have to endure the pain; average Nurse feels fun.

    oh ok...

    so a nurse doesn't miss attacks because the survivor outplayed her... no no no... if a nurse ever misses she is just not good. gotcha.

    no true scotsman isn't a good argument.

  • @miniwengsel said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503631#Comment_3503631

    So you dont think KIllers like trapper, Freddy, Myers, Clown, Legion, Trickstar, and Pig need buffs or reworks

    Read my post and come back

    Actually if you cant even read a small paragraph nvm

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503578#Comment_3503578

    • 2nd blink movement time is 1sec. Her range is 12m, you can run for 4m.
    • Lung time is 1sec, her reach is 6m, you can run for 4m.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/T0ACY4TKXLX4/image.png

    Its not up to you to decide, its up to how good Nurse is. If they're good, no matter your choice, you get hit.

    The only chance for you to out run her lung range is she has to pause and check which direction before lung, good Nurse doesnt give you this precious time, she instantly lung post blink.

    I dont complain on Nurse because great Nurse is rare; good Nurses makes the game end fast, I dont have to endure the pain; average Nurse feels fun.

    This is both wrong and toxic. Do you not understand how incredibly condescending this logic is? I main Nurse and have gone against good Nurse players. No Nurse is guessing perfectly every time. I also find it funny that there are survivor mains in here saying she doesn’t take skill when a literal monkey could play survivor.

  • @Sadako_Best_Girl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503757#Comment_3503757

    My brother in the entity, tell me one single loop she can't just blink over and completely shut off.

    Tell me how you can't break her line of sight long enough to force her blink away and head to a different loop? While this is not always achievable it isn't impossible to do

  • Nurse has been such a hot topic, you can read opinions on her spanning years. Its quite an interesting timeline.

    After reading a lot of these experiences, playing both against her and as her a number of times (admittedly I'm a pretty new player without an enormous number of games, but who has been crushed by, and has crushed on both sides), Nurse is getting there, she is still overtuned, but the gap is closing... I can't point to any times personally where I felt I made the perfect play and still got caught by the Nurse. I've usually felt like the Nurse made a very good read when I got caught.

    The best takes (as in those that seemed to have good evidence and argumentation) I've seen/read tend to agree that:

    She does have good counterplay, but the biggest issues for most players is she is so different to the rest of the cast, that your normal strategies and habits are ineffective against her, and actively getting you killed. There are strategies to employ against her, but you get so few chances to learn them, it's really difficult to keep up with Nurses at your level.


    If you get a friend playing Nurse in a 1-on-1 game, and spend time practising between you, you can get pretty good at countering her ability with good mind games.

    A lot of such consensus since her blink attacks were made soecial attacks also indicates that:

    Nurses who don't take the extra blink distance add-ons tend to struggle more and perform rather mediocre compared to those that do.

    This makes sense. The Nurse's strength at countering loops is what makes her strong in chase, but the Clown does that, and he is hardly a tier 1 killer.

    The Blight is also strong at countering loops, but just like a Nurse with extra blink distance, it's the combination of fast map traversal AND strong chase that makes a killer strong.

    I'm not an expert player by any means, but I watch and learn from a lot of people who are... and based on their argumentation, the Nurse seems almost fine... at most needing an addon pass to reduce map traversal power.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    Nurse has been such a hot topic, you can read opinions on her spanning years. Its quite an interesting timeline.

    After reading a lot of these experiences, playing both against her and as her a number of times (admittedly I'm a pretty new player without an enormous number of games, but who has been crushed by, and has crushed on both sides), Nurse is getting there, she is still overtuned, but the gap is closing... I can't point to any times personally where I felt I made the perfect play and still got caught by the Nurse. I've usually felt like the Nurse made a very good read when I got caught.

    The best takes (as in those that seemed to have good evidence and argumentation) I've seen/read tend to agree that:

    She does have good counterplay, but the biggest issues for most players is she is so different to the rest of the cast, that your normal strategies and habits are ineffective against her, and actively getting you killed. There are strategies to employ against her, but you get so few chances to learn them, it's really difficult to keep up with Nurses at your level.

    If you get a friend playing Nurse in a 1-on-1 game, and spend time practising between you, you can get pretty good at countering her ability with good mind games.

    A lot of such consensus since her blink attacks were made soecial attacks also indicates that:

    Nurses who don't take the extra blink distance add-ons tend to struggle more and perform rather mediocre compared to those that do.

    This makes sense. The Nurse's strength at countering loops is what makes her strong in chase, but the Clown does that, and he is hardly a tier 1 killer.

    The Blight is also strong at countering loops, but just like a Nurse with extra blink distance, it's the combination of fast map traversal AND strong chase that makes a killer strong.

    I'm not an expert player by any means, but I watch and learn from a lot of people who are... and based on their argumentation, the Nurse seems almost fine... at most needing an addon pass to reduce map traversal power.

    Overall her map traversal is pretty bad. With using only one blink for map traversal she is slower than a standard 115% ms killer, the going through walls on the other side makes her map traversal better, but then again maps with several floors provide their own issues to the gameplay therefore that is completely different problem.

  • Because they don't need to.

    Having varied killers with varied powers is a good thing.

    Want to get better against nurse, try playing her first.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503653#Comment_3503653

    This is both wrong and toxic. Do you not understand how incredibly condescending this logic is? I main Nurse and have gone against good Nurse players. No Nurse is guessing perfectly every time. I also find it funny that there are survivor mains in here saying she doesn’t take skill when a literal monkey could play survivor.

    Talk is cheap.

    Back up your chest thumping and show us how simple playing survivor is since a "literal monkey" can play it.

  • @Dogma_loki said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3504213#Comment_3504213

    Talk is cheap.

    Back up your chest thumping and show us how simple playing survivor is since a "literal monkey" can play it.

    I do almost every day lol. Memorize tiles, drop the pallet early, hold forward.

  • @coco_shotz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503803#Comment_3503803

    Tell me how you can't break her line of sight long enough to force her blink away and head to a different loop? While this is not always achievable it isn't impossible to do

    Yeah but then you are not looping her, you are just running to another place. Looping means running around the same structure over and over.

  • @Sadako_Best_Girl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3504236#Comment_3504236

    Yeah but then you are not looping her, you are just running to another place. Looping means running around the same structure over and over.

    You can also connect back to the original loop (or let her think you are) and continue around 2 loops at once which is constant structures. Looping her is just significantly different from basically every other killer in the game

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    It's clear her power is so busted and there is no fair counters against her.

    They can nerf her for million times but nothing will change.

    They can take her all add-ons but nothing will change.

    They can make her perkless killer to play but nothing will change.

    Because this killer is ignoring everything core game has. No respect to pallets, ignore walls, make vaults unsafe. And ofcourse insane map mobility as well.

    You nerfed Dead Hard to ground because obviously it was so op. But yet this killer is still in game after years. I think op things deserves to be nerfed only if survivors has it.

    Based on the last time they showed us statistics, she is fine:


    image.png image.png


    Now, i personally don't think she is fine, an i'm a nurse main. But the same people who complain about nurses, will tell you that SWF kill squads with people like hens and ayrun are also "fine" because they are super rare. And this data indicates that the "god nurses" that people run into that show off how much of a problem she is, are also rare. And since in the minds of this community that makes it "fine" then she is "fine"


    Despite that though, i think that is incorrect. Just because it is rare, doesn't mean it is "fine" and i'll leave otz here to explain that.


    https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardMildFerretPipeHype-0ehry4t4zExHh7Bo


  • I've said it before, I'll say it again: Survivors just won't be happy with the Nurse until BHVR applies her old Torn Bookmark add-on effect:

    "The Nurse is unable to Blink to a Target location she does not have direct line-of-sight to."

    But as her Base kit.

    If she could no longer blink through walls, and only to places she can see, then that stops her from heading survivors off at most high walled loops, and keeps her from blinking between floors of multi level maps. If instead they changed it so that she could only blink through walls and floors/ceilings with an ultra rare add-on, then Survivors would complain less... but still complain despite how MASSIVE of a nerf this would be.

    TBH... I don't think that even changing her like this would ever make the survivors "happy". The only way they'll ever be happy with her is if she can only blink on open ground, only 6 meters at a time, has a 10-15 second cooldown, and still moves at her 3.86m/s. These changes would make her completely nugatory to the killer base, but even then, I'm sure they'll still complain.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503449#Comment_3503449

    You cannot nerf Nurse. She can only be reworked. Because if you nerf her, she will either stay overpowered (as we see currently, she got nerfed recently and nothing has changed) OR you nerf her so hard that she really becomes useless and the weakest Killer.

    And both ways (nerfing not enough or nerfing way too much) are not really the way to go.

    Doesn't she have the worst killrate in the game? Wouldn't that mean your more likely to get a Nurse who accidentally teleports to basement than one who seemingly reads your mind and counters everything you can think of?

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503451#Comment_3503451

    Doesn't she have the worst killrate in the game? Wouldn't that mean your more likely to get a Nurse who accidentally teleports to basement than one who seemingly reads your mind and counters everything you can think of?

    I am a big fan of people who deny everytime that the stats they see might be correct but go "NuRsE HaS ThE LoWeSt kIlLrAtE In tHe gAmE"...

    Yes, she has the lowest Killrate in the game. She is also one of the few Killers which is free to pick. And also her learning curve is quite steep. But once you learn her (which is really not THAT difficult), you will win most of your games.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3504793#Comment_3504793

    I am a big fan of people who deny everytime that the stats they see might be correct but go "NuRsE HaS ThE LoWeSt kIlLrAtE In tHe gAmE"...

    Yes, she has the lowest Killrate in the game. She is also one of the few Killers which is free to pick. And also her learning curve is quite steep. But once you learn her (which is really not THAT difficult), you will win most of your games.

    You'd think her killrate would be higher then if after afew games of figuring it out, your just stomping everyone. Heck, you'd think her killrate for the top 5% MMR would be higher. Why do you suppose is the reason why people who have figured her out are getting a lower killrate than people at the same MMR playing Plague and Dredge?

  • At least she can't hook grab anymore. I don't mind Nurse unless they are camping/tunneling cuz she can do them so well. The hook grab scare always sucked so I'm glad it is gone on her more than anyone else.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503736#Comment_3503736

    am I really reading that a nurse skill ceiling is low a tier?

    what is an s tier for you?

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3503653#Comment_3503653

    oh ok...

    so a nurse doesn't miss attacks because the survivor outplayed her... no no no... if a nurse ever misses she is just not good. gotcha.

    no true scotsman isn't a good argument.

    Blight is S tier alone because his skill ceiling is basically unattainable. Billy has harder mechanics than any other killer and anything possibly hard about nurse is far harder where blight is concerned on both sides. I really could say skill issue every single time someone doesn't pluto a blight when it's free but I don't expect survivors to go out of their way for hundreds of hours to learn all of the collision related to blight.

  • Nurse and Blight are perfectly balanced killers. They are the only ones able to challenge meta survivor teams with busted toolboxes.

    If you think Nurse is uncounterable, it's purely a skill issue on your end.

1 2 ›