The game is now a real camping/tunneling fest
Crazy how 9 games out of 10 is against a camper/tunneler, the last patch has definitely changed the yway the killers are playing.
It is unbearable.
Crazy how 9 games out of 10 is against a camper/tunneler, the last patch has definitely changed the yway the killers are playing.
It is unbearable.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I play killer, i do not find the state of the game healthy but still, tunneling and camping is not fun at all as a killer too.
Just stop to play and find another game instead ?
Well nuking gen regression while not changed any other exhaustion or how maps play in general will do that because despite 90 second gens they still are extremely fast.
I know.
The game balance is trash and the momentum is utterly broken.
Tunneling out the first survivor is way too strong.
If you do not tunnel the first survivor, it's a guaranteed loss.
Items and perks shift the game balance totally.
7 years and the devs still have not touched the game as they should have and we globally have the same game with more frustrating mechanics.
Over the years DbD has not improved, it has become a frustrating mess where we get perks countering other perks with the exact same ubalance problens we have for at least 5 years now : the maps' layouts.
And BHVR doesn't want to "run out of money" so they will continue to release new chapters (and paragraphs) without stopping to think if they delayed one chapter for the sake of game health it would benefit them in the long run
Gen regression was needed alongside healing b/c killers could efficiently camp 1 survivor and with full Gen slowdown survivors might complete 1-2 gens. Then lose. There’s no way they could nerfed healing but leave Gen regression in tact. It would blow up the kill rate.
It's pretty true. I used to say tunneling and camping is much more rare than other survivors said, but now I agree mostly with this statement. And as killer I used to say I very seldom tunnel and camp, but now the few times I play killer I proxy camp and tunnel. This is the game now and it's less fun on both sides compared to 2-3 years ago.
No camping
No Slugging
No meta killer
No killer I saw last game either so many clowns so boring!
No meta perks
No Lightborn either or Franklins thats boring
If you're playing an awful killer you can't use good addons either nuh uh
3 hook everyone on Garden of Joy.
You won? We'll say you camped and tunneled anyways you lost? Lol EZ
I think that the problem is more about hook urgency issue than camping/tunneling. A hooked survivor shouldn't become a point of interest for both sides rather than just the survivors, but in the current state it is an urgent enough of a ordeal that it's a considerable point for the survivors to a degree where it's automatically one for the killer too. Even if the survivors punish the move by finishing gens then the matter of urgency just becomes a higher priority and an even more precise point of interest as the time on hook runs low which means that it's guaranteed a survivor will be there so why run away to look for one? It'd just take some changes to the design of it involving Monstrous Shrine and Reassurance type of mechanics to it regarding the killer hovering the area and how much it takes for the hook timer to run out
Compared to last patch killers lost the ability to contest generators. For sure I could hold 3 gens on most of the maps for a very long time. If I delayed the game 90-120 seconds or longer with my single slow down perk then I won.
But they gave my perk a 75% nerf without touching gen rush perks. So now I largely ignore gens and instead guard the survivors. I play to kill to people and "win" when the survivors mess up and I get three kills or four if they really mess up.
We'll make it is stil super strong so no that's not true sorry. DH was nerfed pretty hard but in the right hands it still saves a ton of time - meanwile 100% of the gen regression perks do less than they did last patch. What about Pain Res? Well 25% only four times seems nice until you realize you could keep chain hooking people for 15% and make it effective about 8-9 times.
Doing some simple math you'll see that -100% is not as good as -135% progress. Also having it fewer times means you get nothing for tunneling one person out. The problem there is that tunneling is required vs good players.
When was the last time as a survivor that you got all gens to 33% before ever getting one generator to 66% progress? That never happened because it would be massively inefficient to do so.
Why would you ask the killer to play inefficiently - so you could have fun at their expense.
Tell that to the profiles of the people I have to play against thanks to MMR. I dont look at profiles to find the "Weak link" because some people smurf. I look at profiles to screen lobbies so I dont play against 3-4 man SWF.
Imagine if survivors had a "side quest" they were required to do after completing one generator before doing the next generator.
No that's not a thing - they just go from one gen to the next.
I had to relearn how to play the game and I've been playing since 2016. Gen regression was vital for killer for 2-3 years and now it's irrelevant. Oh ok.
That would be like if we had the change proposed 2-3 years ago where survivors could heal twice and never again no matter what. That didnt happen because : "survivors didnt like it."
There still hasn't been an actual argument as to WHY killers shouldn't tunnel and camp besides "uh what about my fun?!" what about when you do 5 gens in 3 minutes and then sit at EGC for the entire duration thats so fun for me i love it! I'll say sorry if I accidently kill you too
Maybe control how you feel about things and stop letting other people control how you do things.
I do. Now I play the way I want to play.
And then Survivors scream at me for breaking their made up rules. 🤷♂️
Well, i tell killers thanks for a fair match often enough, if they didnt camp or tunnel, no matter the outcome. And i had some good conversations.
There is not that much you can do to give a killer a good time, other than being respectfull, and i did start giving killers hooks at the end if they were clearly outmatched, or my teammates were rude. To me, its the equivalent of giving hatch.
But i have to agree, i seldom experienced that as killer. The experience that i have is that the more aggressive you play, the less annoying survivors are in the end or after the match. (although that doesnt mean i camp or tunnel)
Sometimes i think this game should have a requirement that you play both sides, maybe that would remind people that the opposing side is just your fellow gamer.
MAybe its just me, because i play a lot of card games, tabletops and pen&paper rpgs, because yeah, you are kind of responsible for the fun of the others, because otherwise there is noone left to play with.
Well, I can have a few as someone who plays both sides.
That third bullet point is such nonsense and you know it survivors will say you Tunneled and Camped regardless if you didn't barring that they'll just blame their teammates in endgame or the map or the killer you're using or your addons or just insult you directly because you had the audactity to win and for the first thing thats just ancedotal im not saying you should tunnel at 5 gens before the survivors can even show their skill level but if you seriously think that you can afford to 3 hook every game on maps like Garden of Joy and Coldwind and play by the "survivor's rulebook" with killers like Pig or Trickster you're delusional
You can't 12 hook but you also don't need to 3 hook out a player. yeah some surviviors are cry babies and will cry about anything but some decent one can appreciate a good skillfull killer gameplay and I've seen many of these, It's just easier to remember the annoying saltbag survivors.
Dodging lot of lobbies and going agains't the weaker teams probably means you have good winrate increasing your mmr way above average. Another reason why chechking profiles should not be a thing. But still there should not be enough good teams to put agains't you all the time. But sounds in your case mmr might actually work.
you are absolutely right my friend, now that they have nerfed dead hard people became so used to being able to outplay the killers with precise timing and years of practice and now they dont have that option anymore, you just loop till your dead and since no one runs it anymore it gave the killers more of an easier way to tunnel people out the game.
Killers camp and tunnel, survivors slam gens.
Both sides rush their objective. Both issues need addressing, preferable by the devs.
The community can technically address the issue by killers following the survivor rulebook and survivors following the killer rulebook.
But I don't see the survivor community agreeing to that ever.
I know most Blights tunnel but if I had to tunnel every game I would stop playing real quick. If someone is dead by hook 7 min then I feel good about the game. I understand people complaining about their characters not being able to win without tunneling, but just know these low tier killers will never be able to buffed enough to not in the current state of the game.
Camping and tunnelling are consequences of genrushing. They come in the same pack. Most games the only way to secure a kill is tunnelling and maming sure to delay the unhook, especially when gens start popping fast. The killers I see take a different approach are usually using one or two slowdown perks.
In its current state, the game is not usually forgiving with killers that make mistakes, thus encouraging this playstyle.
It doesn't change that it is garbage.
The game's state is awful atm and it is even worst against killer with huge map pressure, it is literally unplayable.
But it is easy, deal with genrush effectively then camping and tunnelling will decrease
That's like saying dealing with camping and tunneling effectively then genrush will decrease.
Honestly, 10 days later, it is pretty much 100% of the games that are a tunneling fest, it is crazy how bad the state of the game is today.
DISGUSTING
Exactly. I’ve said this before. Nerfing DH, nerfing COH, nerfing medkits…none of that was ever going to incentivize killers to use different play tactics. All it did was weaken the survivor role and make it easier to camp and tunnel people out of the game which many people wanted to begin with. It’s not about the challenge or trying different ways to play. It’s about people getting the easiest and fastest wins with the least amount of resistance. All those nerfs did was weaken resistance for them to continue to camp and tunnel which they were always going to do no matter what BHVR did. The o my things that going to get people to try other playstyles is by getting rid of and/or severely punishing the camp and tunnel playstyles. Until then it’ll just be more of the same
Here is a possible solution:
There is probably other stuff, but thats it for now.
TL,DR: hard cap gen repair and regression; slim down perks and let each character only contripute one new perk instead of three but let that one be good and meaningful; make gens the hard timer of the game, neither flying by nor being stalled to death; revisit hexes; give killers incentives to go for 9 hooks, while discouraging camping and tunneling; give a base reassurance to survivors to help discourage camping.
It doesn't help that there still exists a vocal minority on the forums peddling the unproven philosophy that providing incentives to not camp & tunnel will solve all our problems.
BHVR seems to feel that enough people will be up in arms if they outright invalidate camping/tunneling, it would hurt their bottom line.
The best thing is that BHVR prohibited camping and tunneling during the tournament where streamers were playing...
Because they did not want the game to have a bad image for the viewers whiole literally, camping/tunneling is in 80% of the trials :)
Just this kind of behavior from the devs show how is their mindset...
BECAUSE YOU’RE RETURNING TO THE DAMN UNHOOK TO TUNNEL YOU IDIOT? Patrol gens. No WONDER you get GEN RUSHED
You know what, I agree with your tunnelling statement. When I get RPD as huntress, for example, my first hook is usually guaranteed close or on mid hook. I reviewed my own game statistics, and literally camping the first survivor on maps like those gets me MORE value than actually leaving and hunting down other survivors..
I think gens should take a tiny bit longer, if the killer is actively leaving the hook and initiating a new chase.
Hit and Run only feels comfortable on Wraith and Sadako. Trap/map lockdown Killers are called campers.
Scourge/pop combo in their original form is the healthiest combo but those have been tweaked to be more scenario specific despite the huge regression.
Pretty obvious why people would tunnel