I was talking about the same to a friend last week. People started to say "sabo + breakdown will be the new meta" or "everyone will run BT"... The number of players running BT or Sabo hasn't increased at all, and once every 15-20 matches i see someone running Breakdown.
I also still remember when people complained about Alert becoming OP, lol. I barely see that perk.
@Vietfox said:
I was talking about the same to a friend last week. People started to say "sabo + breakdown will be the new meta" or "everyone will run BT"... The number of players running BT or Sabo hasn't increased at all, and once every 15-20 matches i see someone running Breakdown.
I also still remember when people complained about Alert becoming OP, lol. I barely see that perk.
Ikr that's why if they removed the ######### cooldown on Quick and Quiet it wouldn't be as overpowered as it seems on pen and paper.
@Vietfox said:
I was talking about the same to a friend last week. People started to say "sabo + breakdown will be the new meta" or "everyone will run BT"... The number of players running BT or Sabo hasn't increased at all, and once every 15-20 matches i see someone running Breakdown.
I also still remember when people complained about Alert becoming OP, lol. I barely see that perk.
Ikr that's why if they removed the [BAD WORD] cooldown on Quick and Quiet it wouldn't be as overpowered as it seems on pen and paper.
Oh, if they removed its cooldown i would use it for sure. 20 seconds cooldown is not that bad though.
This is one of the core problems of this forum. People love creating theories upon theories and when you take a look at them, you see how absurd they are. Both sides do this btw.
Breakdown OP perk. Yeah, wasting a perk slot that could take 8 seconds with a toolbox to be only used for 2 times in a match is OP and unbalanced.
Everybody was gonna use borrowed time as if survivors give a damn about each other. Why run borrowed time instead of adrenaline or self care or balanced landing or DS?
Survivors do the same thing. Everybody started to talk about how OP aura perks were after a certain perk got buffed (Bitter murmur I believe). Somebody called me an idiot for saying that the buff bitter murmur got was very useless since it allows you to see the survivor around a finished gen as if you don't know there is somebody out there. Also it draws killers to a dead area where there is no generators to eat the pallets, instead of eating pallets near unfinished generators. Great aura reading perk, I am sure every single killer is using it right now.
Practice is different than theories. This is why the game is not as unbalanced as forum members claim it to be. True, in theory as a killer you can get obliterated 100 times in a row but when you go and play the actual game, you see that you get more 4 or 3ks than 2-1-0ks.
@Vietfox said:
I was talking about the same to a friend last week. People started to say "sabo + breakdown will be the new meta" or "everyone will run BT"... The number of players running BT or Sabo hasn't increased at all, and once every 15-20 matches i see someone running Breakdown.
I also still remember when people complained about Alert becoming OP, lol. I barely see that perk.
Ikr that's why if they removed the [BAD WORD] cooldown on Quick and Quiet it wouldn't be as overpowered as it seems on pen and paper.
Actually it kinda would be. Not that super mega op but for example on Lery's.... Oof
I was one of the one's saying that the BT change would make it stronger, however I never said that more people would run it since BT is one of those perks that are good, but they take up a slot when everyone would rather run something more selfish.
My Boyfriend started running it after the change though and he loves it now.
Problem with Borrowed Time is that you're depending upon the Killer to camp and tunnel in order for it to be effective whereas if a killer is really camping and tunneling you should do gens, not unhooking in his face.
@Delfador said:
This is one of the core problems of this forum. People love creating theories upon theories and when you take a look at them, you see how absurd they are. Both sides do this btw.
Breakdown OP perk. Yeah, wasting a perk slot that could take 8 seconds with a toolbox to be only used for 2 times in a match is OP and unbalanced.
Everybody was gonna use borrowed time as if survivors give a damn about each other. Why run borrowed time instead of adrenaline or self care or balanced landing or DS?
Survivors do the same thing. Everybody started to talk about how OP aura perks were after a certain perk got buffed (Bitter murmur I believe). Somebody called me an idiot for saying that the buff bitter murmur got was very useless since it allows you to see the survivor around a finished gen as if you don't know there is somebody out there. Also it draws killers to a dead area where there is no generators to eat the pallets, instead of eating pallets near unfinished generators. Great aura reading perk, I am sure every single killer is using it right now.
Practice is different than theories. This is why the game is not as unbalanced as forum members claim it to be. True, in theory as a killer you can get obliterated 100 times in a row but when you go and play the actual game, you see that you get more 4 or 3ks than 2-1-0ks.
Yeah. I remember someone complained about the removal of pallet vacuum because more survivors would get downed under unused pallets and other survivors would easily get a pallet save.
Problem is in theory everything can happen, but in practice...
@akbays35 said:
Problem with Borrowed Time is that you're depending upon the Killer to camp and tunnel in order for it to be effective whereas if a killer is really camping and tunneling you should do gens, not unhooking in his face.
When the gates are open you gotta unhook in his face most of the times. Also sometimes you are unhooking someone and killer decides to come back, BT becomes useful in that situation.
@akbays35 said:
Problem with Borrowed Time is that you're depending upon the Killer to camp and tunnel in order for it to be effective whereas if a killer is really camping and tunneling you should do gens, not unhooking in his face.
When the gates are open you gotta unhook in his face most of the times. Also sometimes you are unhooking someone and killer decides to come back, BT becomes useful in that situation.
that's like the only time though, if you're looking for an endgame perk everyone goes Adrenaline (it's ways better than BT on every circumstance). I really think only SWF use BT. Its also fairly bugged, instant downers will still down the survivor after hitting (I've seen it on Billy and Myers I can assume Leatherface does it as well) and some killers like Legion, Wraith, and Pig can just turn off their terror radius or use their low terror radius to not apply it.
I remember. I said it wasn't going to be a big deal because you typically got a second hit on the person before they bled out anyway, and it wouldn't have an effect on end game BT saves. I nailed it.
@Attackfrog said:
I get breakdown in most matches.
I feel like it see it more than bt.
May just be more then usual for farming the trophy. I used it until I got the break hooks trophy at any rate. The ability to see if the killer turns around to tunnel you is pretty sweet though.
@Attackfrog said:
I get breakdown in most matches.
I feel like it see it more than bt.
May just be more then usual for farming the trophy. I used it until I got the break hooks trophy at any rate. The ability to see if the killer turns around to tunnel you is pretty sweet though.
Combined with toolblxes, I have found myself running iron grasp quite a bit more often now to save myself the frustration.
It is frustrating as hell when you down someone near the exit gates, look around and the closest hook is half a map away.
While SUPER frustrating, it does reward some careful planning on both sides. As much as I hate it, I still think it adds a fun dimension to the game.
@Vietfox said:
I was talking about the same to a friend last week. People started to say "sabo + breakdown will be the new meta" or "everyone will run BT"... The number of players running BT or Sabo hasn't increased at all, and once every 15-20 matches i see someone running Breakdown.
I also still remember when people complained about Alert becoming OP, lol. I barely see that perk.
Ikr that's why if they removed the [BAD WORD] cooldown on Quick and Quiet it wouldn't be as overpowered as it seems on pen and paper.
Actually it kinda would be. Not that super mega op but for example on Lery's.... Oof
It really wouldn't I'll be honest people would not replace their crutch perks for a perk to hide when u fast vault. And if you tried to locker juke, it still wouldn't be op without iron will. Even on Lerys a competent killer will have no problem. Once the devs fix the weird scratch marks we got right now, it wouldn't be that bad at all.
@Peanits said:
I remember. I said it wasn't going to be a big deal because you typically got a second hit on the person before they bled out anyway, and it wouldn't have an effect on end game BT saves. I nailed it.
I get 1-2 Borrowed Time users every game.
I don't know if I'm just not as good as some other killers, but there were definitely a lot of scenarios under the old BT wherein survivors could have extended the chase had they not went down.
The new BT just forces me to tunnel the rescued survivor into a camp-out once BT is activated ( -1 min + 1 other Survivor [BT rescuer] is most likely not on a gen at the time of rehook / will be lurking around for the unhook) instead of having the luxury of going after the BT user and relying on the bleedout timer to occupy the unhooked survivor/multiple survivors for a bit.
BT user gets an auto-camp (-2 min, max of two other survivors left) on discovery, especially if the team is organized enough to lead chases back towards the hook in order to score an unhook on the outskirts of my terror radius (it doesn't happen super often, and is good play/teamwork imo, but makes me >:3 ).
It's still super easy to rank up and pull in 20k+ BP, but I ignore these as measures of success in favor of kill count.
I still run BT.
It's the middle finger to tunneling killers.
Scratch mirror Myers with m&a would beg to differ seeing as not in a chase they follow you down to there basement after swiping you and letting the case end and result hooks you both
I do recall saying beforehand that it wouldn't be a big deal and it was pretty much the same crowd doing the exact same thing before every patch. It's always killer is trash, survivors got buffed killers got nerfed etc etc and lo and behold the sky's not falling.
I think part of the reason borrowed time isn't getti g ruined is that not everyone is great at reacues so they build for something else, and rescue if they gotta.
@Raccoon said:
They are referring to Deep Wounds replacing the old Enduring timer.
Oh.
I myself don't really care, i go for the unhooker anyway.
Even with just an M1 Killer, they're pretty easy to get.
Plus, they waste the hooked person's hook time by removing an entire phase.
Plus i get to put the unhooker into their current phase.
Basically, i don't even experience the Deep Wound effect all that much and give the BT user what they want.
Of course, if the situation is special, like the Deep Wound guy being close by or something, wanting to unhook, i'll experience it, but it's still not that horrible: They're almost like a Healthy Survivor, which is just a common chase.
I only use it in lower ranks since camping is more prone to happen there. Or if I wanna save someone after the gates are opened I really don’t like leaving other survivors get killed it makes me feel bad wiwbkbsn.
@Delfador said:
This is one of the core problems of this forum. People love creating theories upon theories and when you take a look at them, you see how absurd they are. Both sides do this btw.
Breakdown OP perk. Yeah, wasting a perk slot that could take 8 seconds with a toolbox to be only used for 2 times in a match is OP and unbalanced.
Everybody was gonna use borrowed time as if survivors give a damn about each other. Why run borrowed time instead of adrenaline or self care or balanced landing or DS?
Survivors do the same thing. Everybody started to talk about how OP aura perks were after a certain perk got buffed (Bitter murmur I believe). Somebody called me an idiot for saying that the buff bitter murmur got was very useless since it allows you to see the survivor around a finished gen as if you don't know there is somebody out there. Also it draws killers to a dead area where there is no generators to eat the pallets, instead of eating pallets near unfinished generators. Great aura reading perk, I am sure every single killer is using it right now.
Practice is different than theories. This is why the game is not as unbalanced as forum members claim it to be. True, in theory as a killer you can get obliterated 100 times in a row but when you go and play the actual game, you see that you get more 4 or 3ks than 2-1-0ks.
You are right. It just feels like the killer mains cry louder and harder in general. Which irritates me immensely since I consider myself a killer main. But yes, I'm sick of the "sky is falling" posts from both sides.
@powerbats said:
I do recall saying beforehand that it wouldn't be a big deal and it was pretty much the same crowd doing the exact same thing before every patch. It's always killer is trash, survivors got buffed killers got nerfed etc etc and lo and behold the sky's not falling.
@Swiftblade131 said:
I first said nothing was going to change when they changed it.
Same amount of BT going around, maybe even less. Even though everyone was saying it was getting a "buff". Interesting.
Both of those statements can be true. Borrowed Time did get a buff. Roughly the same number of survivors use Borrowed Time after the buff. The type of player that wants to go hero mode and risk his/her neck to save an ally would already be using Borrowed Time. Players that value their own lives more aren't suddenly going to run this perk.
I also spoke out against overreacting to the BT buff. None the less, there were a lot of killers making a big deal out of the change. As we all can see, not much actually changed.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I was talking about the same to a friend last week. People started to say "sabo + breakdown will be the new meta" or "everyone will run BT"... The number of players running BT or Sabo hasn't increased at all, and once every 15-20 matches i see someone running Breakdown.
I also still remember when people complained about Alert becoming OP, lol. I barely see that perk.
Ikr that's why if they removed the ######### cooldown on Quick and Quiet it wouldn't be as overpowered as it seems on pen and paper.
Oh, if they removed its cooldown i would use it for sure. 20 seconds cooldown is not that bad though.
This is one of the core problems of this forum. People love creating theories upon theories and when you take a look at them, you see how absurd they are. Both sides do this btw.
Breakdown OP perk. Yeah, wasting a perk slot that could take 8 seconds with a toolbox to be only used for 2 times in a match is OP and unbalanced.
Everybody was gonna use borrowed time as if survivors give a damn about each other. Why run borrowed time instead of adrenaline or self care or balanced landing or DS?
Survivors do the same thing. Everybody started to talk about how OP aura perks were after a certain perk got buffed (Bitter murmur I believe). Somebody called me an idiot for saying that the buff bitter murmur got was very useless since it allows you to see the survivor around a finished gen as if you don't know there is somebody out there. Also it draws killers to a dead area where there is no generators to eat the pallets, instead of eating pallets near unfinished generators. Great aura reading perk, I am sure every single killer is using it right now.
Practice is different than theories. This is why the game is not as unbalanced as forum members claim it to be. True, in theory as a killer you can get obliterated 100 times in a row but when you go and play the actual game, you see that you get more 4 or 3ks than 2-1-0ks.
I still run BT.
It's the middle finger to tunneling killers.
Actually it kinda would be. Not that super mega op but for example on Lery's.... Oof
I was one of the one's saying that the BT change would make it stronger, however I never said that more people would run it since BT is one of those perks that are good, but they take up a slot when everyone would rather run something more selfish.
My Boyfriend started running it after the change though and he loves it now.
Problem with Borrowed Time is that you're depending upon the Killer to camp and tunnel in order for it to be effective whereas if a killer is really camping and tunneling you should do gens, not unhooking in his face.
Yeah. I remember someone complained about the removal of pallet vacuum because more survivors would get downed under unused pallets and other survivors would easily get a pallet save.
Problem is in theory everything can happen, but in practice...
When the gates are open you gotta unhook in his face most of the times. Also sometimes you are unhooking someone and killer decides to come back, BT becomes useful in that situation.
that's like the only time though, if you're looking for an endgame perk everyone goes Adrenaline (it's ways better than BT on every circumstance). I really think only SWF use BT. Its also fairly bugged, instant downers will still down the survivor after hitting (I've seen it on Billy and Myers I can assume Leatherface does it as well) and some killers like Legion, Wraith, and Pig can just turn off their terror radius or use their low terror radius to not apply it.
I remember. I said it wasn't going to be a big deal because you typically got a second hit on the person before they bled out anyway, and it wouldn't have an effect on end game BT saves. I nailed it.
I get breakdown in most matches.
I feel like it see it more than bt.
May just be more then usual for farming the trophy. I used it until I got the break hooks trophy at any rate. The ability to see if the killer turns around to tunnel you is pretty sweet though.
Combined with toolblxes, I have found myself running iron grasp quite a bit more often now to save myself the frustration.
It is frustrating as hell when you down someone near the exit gates, look around and the closest hook is half a map away.
While SUPER frustrating, it does reward some careful planning on both sides. As much as I hate it, I still think it adds a fun dimension to the game.
It really wouldn't I'll be honest people would not replace their crutch perks for a perk to hide when u fast vault. And if you tried to locker juke, it still wouldn't be op without iron will. Even on Lerys a competent killer will have no problem. Once the devs fix the weird scratch marks we got right now, it wouldn't be that bad at all.
I Run Bitter Murmur when I play BIlly and Nurse.
It's actually pretty decent on them. Kinda garbage on the others though.
I get 1-2 Borrowed Time users every game.
I don't know if I'm just not as good as some other killers, but there were definitely a lot of scenarios under the old BT wherein survivors could have extended the chase had they not went down.
The new BT just forces me to tunnel the rescued survivor into a camp-out once BT is activated ( -1 min + 1 other Survivor [BT rescuer] is most likely not on a gen at the time of rehook / will be lurking around for the unhook) instead of having the luxury of going after the BT user and relying on the bleedout timer to occupy the unhooked survivor/multiple survivors for a bit.
BT user gets an auto-camp (-2 min, max of two other survivors left) on discovery, especially if the team is organized enough to lead chases back towards the hook in order to score an unhook on the outskirts of my terror radius (it doesn't happen super often, and is good play/teamwork imo, but makes me >:3 ).
It's still super easy to rank up and pull in 20k+ BP, but I ignore these as measures of success in favor of kill count.
I do recall saying beforehand that it wouldn't be a big deal and it was pretty much the same crowd doing the exact same thing before every patch. It's always killer is trash, survivors got buffed killers got nerfed etc etc and lo and behold the sky's not falling.
You mean in the beginning?
Cause that one was actually too much.
They are referring to Deep Wounds replacing the old Enduring timer.
Oh.
I myself don't really care, i go for the unhooker anyway.
Even with just an M1 Killer, they're pretty easy to get.
Plus, they waste the hooked person's hook time by removing an entire phase.
Plus i get to put the unhooker into their current phase.
Basically, i don't even experience the Deep Wound effect all that much and give the BT user what they want.
Of course, if the situation is special, like the Deep Wound guy being close by or something, wanting to unhook, i'll experience it, but it's still not that horrible: They're almost like a Healthy Survivor, which is just a common chase.
I only use it in lower ranks since camping is more prone to happen there. Or if I wanna save someone after the gates are opened I really don’t like leaving other survivors get killed it makes me feel bad wiwbkbsn.
It still is breaking the game, luckily survivors still havent realized......
You are right. It just feels like the killer mains cry louder and harder in general. Which irritates me immensely since I consider myself a killer main. But yes, I'm sick of the "sky is falling" posts from both sides.
legion is trash though
I first said nothing was going to change when they changed it.
Same amount of BT going around, maybe even less. Even though everyone was saying it was getting a "buff". Interesting.
Both of those statements can be true. Borrowed Time did get a buff. Roughly the same number of survivors use Borrowed Time after the buff. The type of player that wants to go hero mode and risk his/her neck to save an ally would already be using Borrowed Time. Players that value their own lives more aren't suddenly going to run this perk.
I also spoke out against overreacting to the BT buff. None the less, there were a lot of killers making a big deal out of the change. As we all can see, not much actually changed.