Hooks are WAY to close to one another
Ok. I could get on here and complain about the MYRIAD of REAL issues with this game, i wont, first off i am survivor main, matter of fact, i have maybe played 3 games as killer, (i have a fundamental problem with the killer mindset) i am devotion rank 2 so i have played A great deal of DBD. That being said i have a real problem with how close the hooks are, tonight my gf and i were playing, gasheavan i believe it was (almost all maps have this problem) when she was downed and hooked for the last time, i was also down right next to her, so obviously i crawled into the far corner in hopes that he would have to carry me further and id have chance to wiggle free, knowing the hook she died on was down, he proceeds to pick me up walk past said hook and about 20 meters away was another hook, whats the point of wiggling and breaking my sticks to wiggle if there are hooks 20 meters apart... not to mention there are what 7 gens on each map, and about 10 hooks or more on the bigger maps... its kind of ridiculous... im just really tired of the bullcrap with tjis game all around, devs will lose me when this year is up. Much better less infuruating games to come, HOW DARE YOU PUT $99 WORTH OF Auric cells in the store when your game is really half ass and lacking real depth and balance. Chime in
Comments
I don’t ever wiggle unless I know the hook is decently far away.
Sometimes I feel like there isn't a hook anywhere, in fact one game, where I was playing on The Game, almost all of the hooks spawned downstairs so survivors were camping one side of the map where I couldn't hook them at. It was a bit annoying.
Alternatively when I'm playing Killer, I feel like there is too many pallets being slammed down forcing me to break them, but when I'm playing survivor sometimes I'm like where the heck are the pallets? Honestly though, I'd rather not have hooks be nerfed, nothing like knocking down survivors and knowing that you can't reach a hook in the distances where they are at, and they know it too so every time you chase them they try to get to that area.
I mean... hello? It's not rocket science.
Playing solo, there's no point to sabotage. But SWF?
There's a minimum amount of hooks for each map with 16m between them and if there's not enough room for the minimum amount one will get placed closer.
The same holds true for pallet spawns sometimes they spawn really close together are you as survivors going to complain about your pallets being too close together?
What about when there's dead zones on the map for hooks or one gets sabo'd and that dead zone becomes really huge?
Also, with the perk, the hook stays more time sabotaged. Devs gave the last survivor a perk that destroys hooks when being unhooked. So the devs obviously want the survivors to destroy hooks.
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. The wiggle mechanic has one purpose, and one purpose only. That is to prevent the killer from putting you in the basement on every down. It has absolutely no other purpose. It is not supposed to be a get-out-of-jail free card. There is body blocking, sabotage, and Decisive Strike to give you better chances, but if you think that you are owed a chance to wiggle free from a nearby hook, you are sorely mistaken. We’ll be having a great time in DbD while you complain about whatever game you decide to move on to.
Not with fat Jeff breaking them now.
Between his perk and typical sabotage, I have had numerous games where there is no hook within range when I down survivors.
Prior to jeff, I almost never had this problem.
Easy fix though: I slug A LOT now. And camp those slugs.
imagine playing SWF and complaining the game isn't easy enough lmfao
I slug them, and watch them bleed out.
You do realize, that YOU complained first?
Wiggling out of the killer's grasp should be a rare thing. Play killer and you will see how dumb this request really is.
Jesus Christ dude, I didn't notice any crying up until now. And that is with you right at this moment. Just because some people disagreed with you does not mean it is the end of the world. I saw a (maybe not equal but still) equal amount agreeing with you and disagreeing. And before you start crying at me let me let you know, I've suffered both Survivor and Killer problems. I've been playing a while now, though possibly more or less than you, I don't know.
Yes the killer is meant to be superior in theory, but in practice you have no idea how survivor sided things can get. I understand it is frustrating that we as survivors will die, either by our own faults or the faults of others. But do not call people crybabies when you do not know them or their situation. A good majority of people here were being pretty polite all things considering. I don't expect you to either answer me at all, or answer me like a decent human being. But take this in mind, by throwing a tantrum, you've lost whatever ground you had upon everyone arguing against you.
We don't need another Bubba throwing a tantrum when hitting walls.
wheres the LOL button when you need it
The wall of text is actually hurting my eyes, it took a hot minute to decipher this, I will try to answer you point by point (if you had actually taken the time to separate by paragraphs at least).
Silly point 1: What game are you playing?! I wanna be able to use all that with just one setting! Like holy shite this sounds like a killer I could get behind on.
Actual Point 1: No, just no. You can only play one of the different killers per match. I know what your point is, but Jesus no. All these killers have drawbacks to them that could be used against them. Can they be overpowered? Yes, in the right hands. Can they be outplayed? Of course, if you can adapt.
Point 2: We all suffer the lag. As a killer I hate that a survivor is given infinite dead hards even when not injured. As a survivor I hate when I vault a window, but I'm teleported right back to the killer. It doesn't matter which side you are on as we both can equally suffer.
Point 3: Knowing is half the battle. This game IS ASYMMETRICAL, we as survivors have to work for our survival. Either as a lone wolf or a group. There is no balance when the killer is supposed to kill us, and have to have the means to kill us. That is why we come in groups so we can outsmart the killer. That's why SWF exists so you can bring your friends with you to increase your survival.
Point 4: I will admit that having (THE OPTION) to pay $100 worth of auric cells is ridiculous and should be removed at the very least. The game has come a long way sure, but not enough to justify that. Just no.
Anyways, the point is you just have to adapt to the situation. When I lose I don't blame the game, and I will only blame other survivors if they are blatantly trying to kill me, which has only happened a rare few times. Other times I've just not played good or the killer was better than me. Just take some time to conder this before saying or doing anything else.
Gone unfortunately.
@Mr_Myers I'm not gonna do a quote thing to contact you as I don't need that wall of text again. I hope this message gets to you. Anyways, you basically missed nothing.
@ArecBalrin said:
But in all seriousness I refer to my earlier comments on hooks along with pallets etc.
The problem here is the balance act. If survivors run Sabotage and with toolboxes, hooks can easily be destroyed and it gets annoying for the killer.
There is that. And if there are less hooks to destroy because they get placed further away and thus less hooks on the map´you would destroy killers.
I know why you say there are too many hooks to close to another, you cant use the wiggle free thing, BUT if hooks get sabo'd its game over.
I ask you one question.
Do you like bleeding out on the floor, crawling around like a fish on land waiting for your misery to end?
Also, a devotion 2 player with 3 games played as killer.... classic
I thought they fixed thus?
This
That's so romantic!
Hahaha
Don't get caught little survivor.
"gOD dAmNed KiLLeR mAInS TeLlInG mE To gET beTtEr."
Well as to the op you never know given how biased some are on both sides it's either or there' been no buffs for their side and all nerfs only. cough Bar*on cough.since I won't name and shame but you know who i'm referring to. 😁
Am I the only one who finds more humor in the fact he is mad that BVHR is selling $99 worth of cells than his entire hook rant? He is angry over the ability to buy a bulk load of cells (which is optional) that are used to buy cosmetics (which are optional). Ok, back to enjoying the train wreck.
Nah, I'm here laughing even though I am also trying to give this person a actual response and rebuttal that they are clearly not listening to. Want popcorn mate?
Popcorn is a requirement for these threads.
Got ya homie.
Now if this person responds with another wall of text I'll have to be ready.
I always keep Popcorn handy now who has the butter?
Love satire posts like this, just mocking the super salty surv mains
I have ya. Also I've seen you post around, gotta say, I respect you a lot
Somehow I don't think they're joking. If they are then they got me.
Let us pray.
You must be new around here.
Hello @Blaque_magik87 !
I went to the map designers and got some information for you!
The hook spawns are as follow
As for the 99$ Auric Cells pack, as @lasombra1979 mentionned, it is totally optional and it's used to buy cosmetics in the store that are also optional, it has nothing to do with gameplay.
EDIT: Typo