When you see a ttv in lobby

What do you do, if anything?

I typically load them up on twitch to see if they're streaming, if they are then I mute and minimize it so that after the match I can rewatch it to see it from their perspective and where I messed up.

I don't look at their loadouts, stream snipe or any of that manner whatsoever. However I've come to find that basically every single streamer basically accuses you of stream sniping them ie cheating and thinks it's "weird" that anyone would see if their streaming and then mute/minimize to watch the match after.

So as a follow up, do you think this is weird that someone would do this? Do you do this a lot?

I was under the impression that most people do this to rewatch their matches and see what they had to say afterwards. It seems really improbable to me that many people would literally bring up their stream on a second monitor to watch and listen to them play and talk all while simultaneously listening to and playing their own match. That just seems silly/impractical and way rarer then I find other streamers seem to act like it happens.

Comments

  • oh god i knew that sounded familar

    gotta be one of THE takes of all time

  • When I see one, I honestly don't care who they are. Most of the time I dodge their lobby. Only with a few I had good games with but most of them played weird.

  • @Hensen2100 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299667#Comment_3299667

    Cause most of my experiences with TTVs have been bad; or it is just them talking smack in the VOD. Lots of cheating accusations as well because mr strimmer can't handle the fact they got beat and need an excuse for the viewers.

    Plus they are trying to get fame and money by beating me in a video game, why would I make it easy?

    Either a bot or horrible bait.

  • My interaction with them is no different from playing with non TTV. I never check their streams.

    My only anecdote with them was while I was playing survivor and I was paired with a TTV, we verse a friendly Wraith so the other 2 survivors, the killer and I started farming and playing friendly while the TTV left without interacting with us; so during endgame chat, one of the survivors who apparently was on this person's stream told us that the they called us trash 🤣

    I don't know if this was true since I never checked the stream and couldn't care less lol.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I file a lawsuit to sue them for royalties for making money off of my gameplay

    I remember when people said this stuff.

  • It depends on how the streamer acts in game, if they play normally then they're just another player. But if they act up I usually just hard tunnel them out of the game and go check their stream. I made a few people break things in the past

  • I don't really bother to care or check until after the match, if I even do. I don't really look them up anymore b/c the times that I have, 99% of the time they're not even live/online.

    I did have a match 2 days ago on Dead Dawg Saloon against a Wraith TTV player (didnt know they were TTV until end-game chat) who camped and tunneled me (and only me) throughout the match. Ended up running him for the entire 5 gens and got out in the end with the 3 others who actually realized the situation and helped by cranking gens, while 1 person played distraction/bodyblocker. Used nearly every pallet on the map but was totally worth it. It was a satisfying match, knowing this guy got denied so badly.

    & guess what, I still forgot to check his bio/look his name up on Twitch, lol. Woulda been funny to see his Pov though and what he was thinking/saying.

    But yea in general, I don't really care.

  • Why not wait until after the match to look them up? Do you play differently if they are live or not?

  • @Blueberry said:

    What do you do, if anything?

    I typically load them up on twitch to see if they're streaming, if they are then I mute and minimize it so that after the match I can rewatch it to see it from their perspective and where I messed up.

    I don't look at their loadouts, stream snipe or any of that manner whatsoever. However I've come to find that basically every single streamer basically accuses you of stream sniping them ie cheating and thinks it's "weird" that anyone would see if their streaming and then mute/minimize to watch the match after.

    So as a follow up, do you think this is weird that someone would do this? Do you do this a lot?

    I was under the impression that most people do this to rewatch their matches and see what they had to say afterwards. It seems really improbable to me that many people would literally bring up their stream on a second monitor to watch and listen to them play and talk all while simultaneously listening to and playing their own match. That just seems silly/impractical and way rarer then I find other streamers seem to act like it happens.

    I load up their stream and see if they are in a SWF. If so then I listen to the stream and try to learn what their perks are before the game.


    Listening to SWF coms nearly completely nullifies the SWF advantage.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Why not wait until after the match to look them up? Do you play differently if they are live or not?

    Because sometimes they don't have their stream settings to where you can rewatch the match so by already having it there I can quickly hop over after the last hook to hear post game chatter. I'm not subscribed to those people since they're random so I'd otherwise have to go through advertisement videos first. This seems normal to me.

  • I used to avoid them. They tend to rage-quit and ruin the game for everyone.

    Now I just hide the names so I get the surprise.


    And case in point, I just played a game : one "prestige" 41 TTV , three decent but less experienced survivors.

    The TTV fails a dodge and immediately DCs. (I've let the others live and rake ~35K each, just on principle.)

  • I tend to watch while I'm playing.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    I check Twitch and get disappointed because they're never streaming.

    Either that or their Twitch literally doesnt exist. Sometimes people put TTV in their name but dont have a Twitch account at all.

    Honestly, some TTVs are toxic, but I like to look at the VODs and see what areas I can improve at.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299578#Comment_3299578

    Either that or their Twitch literally doesnt exist. Sometimes people put TTV in their name but dont have a Twitch account at all.

    Honestly, some TTVs are toxic, but I like to look at the VODs and see what areas I can improve at.

    Almost every encounter i've had with a TTV who's actually streaming has been positive. The last one I was up against could not have been more wholesome if she tried and felt bad for not dying and accidentally denying me the Knight Adept, we had really good camaraderie after the match.

    I remember exactly ONE bad interaction with a TTV, he got downed early, got pissy, DC'd and left his team to rot. I let them all go and we all had a good laugh at the guy's expense.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299585#Comment_3299585

    So you’re the type of killers I run into constantly. This happens so often and I swear it’s cause I’m streaming 😂😂

    For good reason, there are some very toxic ttvs that swf and use OP stuff to bully. Don't really find them often but when I do it kinda stings since they usually aren't that good at the game but they just have so many stacked perks, items and use OP map offerings. Had an experience the other night with some nice folk who using Eyrie offering and I managed to kill one as Ghostface and when I went into the stream they laughed and said how terrible I was even though I made a couple outplays. I'd be lying if I said it didn't upset me a little but I mostly just laughed it off.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299578#Comment_3299578

    Either that or their Twitch literally doesnt exist. Sometimes people put TTV in their name but dont have a Twitch account at all.

    Honestly, some TTVs are toxic, but I like to look at the VODs and see what areas I can improve at.

    I also enjoy doing that.

    I like to see what they thought of my playstyle.

    The greatest compliment I can get is, "What the ######### is he doing?! He's a ######### weirdo!"


    Gotta stay unpredictable.

  • I typically assume they are not actually streaming and that's it. I have also never actually seen an amazing ttv but that's just dbd.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3300462#Comment_3300462

    I also enjoy doing that.

    I like to see what they thought of my playstyle.

    The greatest compliment I can get is, "What the ######### is he doing?! He's a ######### weirdo!"

    Gotta stay unpredictable.

    I like checking the Twitch vods just to see if they start giggling at my name.

    I had one streamer who apparently really didn't like it and banned me for asking what was wrong with it.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3300665#Comment_3300665

    I like checking the Twitch vods just to see if they start giggling at my name.

    I had one streamer who apparently really didn't like it and banned me for asking what was wrong with it.

    I had someone ban me for saying GG, which to be fair, I deserved.

  • I will sometimes check them out after to see if they are saying anything about the match. Usually it's too late by that time but sometimes they're still talking about it. I'd say 75% of them are either not streaming or don't even have a twitch profile (so I assume it's a joke name? Idk)

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299673#Comment_3299673

    You're going to have to put a little bit of effort in to convince me you're an actual human being who actually holds these views for these actual reasons.

    Long standing feuds with some of the biggest streamers in DBD. Some of them don't even play anymore. And the difference between facing them on stream vs. not was night and day.

    I remember forcing some head pops with old pig on one streamer I particularly despised and telling him "I bet I won't see that on youtube" and then the girlfriend goes "all you can do is abuse pig!" LOL

    @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299673#Comment_3299673

    Most streamers make money by being entertaining, many aren't necessarily good at the game. I wouldn't take it as such a personally adversarial thing.

    And why even go back and watched vods? In thousands of hours of DBD I have faced gd knows how many TTVs and never once gone back and watched the VOD (I tried once after a particularly funny end to a match, but they hadn't been streaming).

    Don't watch VODs, disable post game chat, profit. Or at least have a better time.

    Personally, when I am watching a surv stream and see the killer tunnel the streamer, I assume it's because they are a streamer, and tbh, that seem kinda sad and insecure. It seems either attention seeking or like someone desperate not to be beaten in front of an audience.

    Nah. When I see a TTV in the lobby I play like i'm playing for money. They are.

    Or you get the super fake "I'm friends with everybody!" streamers practically panhandling for views. Toss em in the trash with the rest of the clowns imo

  • @Hensen2100 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299692#Comment_3299692

    Long standing feuds with some of the biggest streamers in DBD. Some of them don't even play anymore. And the difference between facing them on stream vs. not was night and day.

    I remember forcing some head pops with old pig on one streamer I particularly despised and telling him "I bet I won't see that on youtube" and then the girlfriend goes "all you can do is abuse pig!" LOL

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3299697#Comment_3299697

    Nah. When I see a TTV in the lobby I play like i'm playing for money. They are.

    Or you get the super fake "I'm friends with everybody!" streamers practically panhandling for views. Toss em in the trash with the rest of the clowns imo

    Yeah, this is a bit.

1 2 ›