How killer sided maps should be? BHVR : YES ! 2.0

Because many people (I assume killer mains) in last discussion complained about Eyrie of Crows being survivor sided while I called this map balanced - here the new example:

20221105214140_1.jpg

That wasn't even a 3gen anymore. It was a stupid 5-gen-combination around main building. Killer can just completely ignore the other half of the map having such generators spawns.

1/3 of the map had 5 generators. Another 1/3 had 1 and the shack side had the last one.


Anyone who would call this bullshit survivor sided is welcome to play against my noobish survivor-main nurse or bamboozle bubba in this configuration. Im pretty sure I will perform well on this unfair survivor sided map...

Comments

  • If you genuinely think this is a killer sided map, I only have two words for you.....

    JuxjmNth.jpg


  • There's like 30 safe pallets and the busted main building.

    If you can't do something with that, it's not the game's fault. It's stacked things very far into your favor.

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    Because many people (I assume killer mains) in last discussion complained about Eyrie of Crows being survivor sided while I called this map balanced - here the new example:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YKIL3U978YRI/20221105214140-1.jpg

    That wasn't even a 3gen anymore. It was a stupid 5-gen-combination around main building. Killer can just completely ignore the other half of the map having such generators spawns.

    1/3 of the map had 5 generators. Another 1/3 had 1 and the shack side had the last one.

    Anyone who would call this bullshit survivor sided is welcome to play against my noobish survivor-main nurse or bamboozle bubba in this configuration. Im pretty sure I will perform well on this unfair survivor sided map...

    A 5 gen combo around main is way survivor sided it means survivors have access to main from any gen. Most the tiles that spawn on erye are safe tiles meaning the killer has to break the pallet.

  • @Pulsar said:

    There's like 30 safe pallets and the busted main building.

    If you can't do something with that, it's not the game's fault. It's stacked things very far into your favor.

    OK, do something against a nurse there

  • Lmao, like literally just lmao.

  • Is that a problem with the map being too killer sided (lol) or with Nurse being Nurse

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/353811/how-killer-sided-maps-should-be-bhvr-yes-2-0

    A 5 gen combo around main is way survivor sided it means survivors have access to main from any gen. Most the tiles that spawn on erye are safe tiles meaning the killer has to break the pallet.

    Haha. It's ridiculous. Next thing you will hear is probably, that 3-gens are survivor sided, because survivors doesnt have to run to generators much.

    It's the same reason why I almost always 4k on this map with a Bubba. A pretty much low tier killer. Just break the two doors in Main and some pallets around and you will be completely fine just by hooking people within 3 gens with no pallets left in that area and windows blocked by bamboo..


    Btw. Behind the main there was one short wall jungle gym, 1 4 lane and two filler pallets. Great stuff against a nurse

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    If you genuinely think this is a killer sided map, I only have two words for you.....

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RD6I28E4KVRK/juxjmnth.jpg

    You should probably get same experience in the game first. Git gud when you have 5000 hours and then we can talk.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/353811/how-killer-sided-maps-should-be-bhvr-yes-2-0

    A 5 gen combo around main is way survivor sided it means survivors have access to main from any gen. Most the tiles that spawn on erye are safe tiles meaning the killer has to break the pallet.

    This. But you need to understand this and play to the maps and main buildings strength.

    When I started I thought that The Game was super killer sided because all I saw was 9 rooms that you could gaze through from one end to the other. But with a little more experience this map totally flipped its meaning for me.

  • Am I seeing a survivor telling that Eyrie of Crows is "killer sided"?

    "Thats enough internet for today..."

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255968#Comment_3255968

    You should probably get same experience in the game first. Git gud when you have 5000 hours and then we can talk.

    Screenshot (11).png

    I do have experience. You're just bad.

  • Honestly, if a map is strong enough to deal with Nurse there's a big ######### issue

  • i got an idea, play it on as a low tier killer and see how "killer" sided it is

  • I don’t think EOC is killer sided. I’m a survivor main and I use EOC offerings often when the game spams too many killer sided maps in a row. I don’t think it’s survivor sided either, but it definitely leans more in favor of the survivors.

  • That's not an Eyrie problem, that's a Nurse problem.

    Eyrie has abundant chainable tiles and safe pallets, good gyms, and a strong main building with two god pallets and three mandatory breakable walls in addition to being one of the most W-friendly structures imaginable. Even having a 3-gen at that building, while indicative of poor survivor choices, isn't really the death knell it can be elsewhere because there's so many resources by those gens. The map doesn't suddenly become killer-sided just because you got the one killer in the game who completely ignores map design.

    @Sweet_Potato said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255968#Comment_3255968

    You should probably get same experience in the game first. Git gud when you have 5000 hours and then we can talk.

    I don't think you have much ground to stand on when you're still banging on about killer-sided maps actually being a problem in this game when the reverse is vastly more prevalent, including on one of the very maps you're trying to complain about.

    Eyrie isn't the most survivor-sided map in the game and I'd rather get it than Badham or the Game when I load into a killer match, but it's a long way from balanced.

  • Nurse is such a fundamentally broken killer that bringing her up in a discussion like this might as well be short-hand for "i don't have a actual argument"

    Like really, Nurse breaks the game in half and forces the devs to nerf perks (RIP Awakened Awareness) just because she ######### exists, you are not beating a good or even mediocre Nurse on any map, that does not mean the map is killer sided

  • I think you posted the wrong picture. Can't see the "5 gen" there.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    I think you posted the wrong picture. Can't see the "5 gen" there.

    OP's problem seems less like map or gen related but a specifically nurse caused one.

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255972#Comment_3255972

    Haha. It's ridiculous. Next thing you will hear is probably, that 3-gens are survivor sided, because survivors doesnt have to run to generators much.

    It's the same reason why I almost always 4k on this map with a Bubba. A pretty much low tier killer. Just break the two doors in Main and some pallets around and you will be completely fine just by hooking people within 3 gens with no pallets left in that area and windows blocked by bamboo..

    Btw. Behind the main there was one short wall jungle gym, 1 4 lane and two filler pallets. Great stuff against a nurse

    Low tier is sadako, Low tier is Freddy, Bubba is a decent B tier Killer

  • Yeah ist so Killer sided that Survivor always use Map offerings to Play on this Map 🤷‍♀️

    I Think the Dev should Add 20 more Save palets 30 arent already enough

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255968#Comment_3255968

    You should probably get same experience in the game first. Git gud when you have 5000 hours and then we can talk.

    If it takes you 5k hours to be good in this game, something is wrong with you. I'd argue 1000 hours and if you are not good something is wrong 😂.

  • Delete the map

    Absolute poo map it is

  • The maps are so killer sided now the devs aren't even being subtle about it. Just look at the monstrosity that is the new Azarov's jungle gyms/ tiles they're awful. The loops are the size of a barrel. They also took away all decent pallets in RPD and made them tiny awful loops aswell. This combined with how killer sided the game is now with all their buffs it's becoming almost impossible to escape in solo queue as proven by the kill rates.

  • When would people say a map is on hte killer side, because I must be honest for me it is about how maney killers get to shine on the map.

    If all? killer>Surviewer

    If most? killer=Surviewer

    If 50/50? Killer<surviewer

    If few or none? Well for killer it become

    image.png


  • Ohh.. Then you are just probably a bad and salty killer main who always complains about maps while playing this map like this Pig with 0 kills did.

    20221105235912_1.jpg

    She chased me (a very bad survivor, not even using dh) for 5 minutes far away from all the gens and got 1 hook in the end.

    I never have an issue with this map when I play killer. My assumption is just there is a skill and ego issue on the killer side so they overcommit to chases far away from their 3-gen combos. Or play some weak m1 killer in a nice way and still expect to get 12 hooks / 4 k every single game.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3255980#Comment_3255980

    Low tier is sadako, Low tier is Freddy, Bubba is a decent B tier Killer

    Bubba is a noob stomper. He is completely trash against good survivors. Killrate of sadako is considerably higher.

    grafik.png

    And still I manage to 4 k with bubba on this map almost everytime. You just have to know that looping shack for ages is not the play there.

  • I have never had an issue with Nurse when I play survivor. My assumption is just there is a skill and ego issue on the survivor side so they commit to harassing the Killer, going for blinds and whatnot and then get downed in 2 seconds. Or play some weak perks and still expect to get 0 hooks + 4 man escape every single game.

  • This is such a terrible design because killers wouldn't chase survivors away from that area.

    I know most maps are survivor-friendly but if BHVR is dealing map problem with this stupid generator dispersion, this is so wrong.

    No need to mention about Haddonfield 3~4 gen in main building, right?

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256003#Comment_3256003

    Ohh.. Then you are just probably a bad and salty killer main who always complains about maps while playing this map like this Pig with 0 kills did.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XM4DUWC1H5KB/20221105235912-1.jpg

    She chased me (a very bad survivor, not even using dh) for 5 minutes far away from all the gens and got 1 hook in the end.

    I never have an issue with this map when I play killer. My assumption is just there is a skill and ego issue on the killer side so they overcommit to chases far away from their 3-gen combos. Or play some weak m1 killer in a nice way and still expect to get 12 hooks / 4 k every single game.

    Nope, I main Claudette the Queen and only play Killer for rift challenges or when I get burnt out on getting bad teammates over and over.

    Nice try tho.

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256135#Comment_3256135

    Bubba is a noob stomper. He is completely trash against good survivors. Killrate of sadako is considerably higher.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5BKBV7UR0PK5/grafik.png

    And still I manage to 4 k with bubba on this map almost everytime. You just have to know that looping shack for ages is not the play there.

    But... by your own argument, aren't you saying you aren't going against strong survivors? If he's crap against anyone good, and you nearly always 4k with him here...

  • How does bad RNG one game make this map in any way Killer sided? The gens certainly don't always spawn that way. Blame luck or bad map design before somehow blaming the devs for making it a Killer-sided issue, please.

  • @Dionysus42 said:

    I have never had an issue with Nurse when I play survivor. My assumption is just there is a skill and ego issue on the survivor side so they commit to harassing the Killer, going for blinds and whatnot and then get downed in 2 seconds. Or play some weak perks and still expect to get 0 hooks + 4 man escape every single game.

    A lot of complaints from both sides are caused by ego and skill issue. It's a big problem that can never be solved. I think the game is actually pretty well balanced for the most part right now.

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    Because many people (I assume killer mains) in last discussion complained about Eyrie of Crows being survivor sided while I called this map balanced - here the new example:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YKIL3U978YRI/20221105214140-1.jpg

    That wasn't even a 3gen anymore. It was a stupid 5-gen-combination around main building. Killer can just completely ignore the other half of the map having such generators spawns.

    1/3 of the map had 5 generators. Another 1/3 had 1 and the shack side had the last one.

    Anyone who would call this bullshit survivor sided is welcome to play against my noobish survivor-main nurse or bamboozle bubba in this configuration. Im pretty sure I will perform well on this unfair survivor sided map...

    You're either joking or a noob if you think that is a killer sided map.


    An example of a true balanced map is wreckers yard. It's good sized and the loops are spread out pretty fairly. Even midwitch is pretty fair since it is a very strong shift w map. Father campbell's chapel is another fair map.


    You will notice one thing in common about fair maps : they are under 9000m².

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256135#Comment_3256135

    Bubba is a noob stomper. He is completely trash against good survivors. Killrate of sadako is considerably higher.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5BKBV7UR0PK5/grafik.png

    And still I manage to 4 k with bubba on this map almost everytime. You just have to know that looping shack for ages is not the play there.

    Because people only play Sadako with just the condemned strategy, however those 2 iris work

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/353811/how-killer-sided-maps-should-be-bhvr-yes-2-0

    You're either joking or a noob if you think that is a killer sided map.

    An example of a true balanced map is wreckers yard. It's good sized and the loops are spread out pretty fairly. Even midwitch is pretty fair since it is a very strong shift w map. Father campbell's chapel is another fair map.

    You will notice one thing in common about fair maps : they are under 9000m².

    midwich is fair? you gotta break about 6 breakable walls in order to get rid of some infinites first off. but that doesn't matter if you are not playing a killer who can counter holding W, because there's almost no outplay even against a braindead survivor who exploits the map's horrible design (which is literally a square with almost no cut-offs or dead-ends)

  • @duygu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256760#Comment_3256760

    midwich is fair? you gotta break about 6 breakable walls in order to get rid of some infinites first off. but that doesn't matter if you are not playing a killer who can counter holding W, because there's almost no outplay even against a braindead survivor who exploits the map's horrible design (which is literally a square with almost no cut-offs or dead-ends)

    Most people will tell you midwich is killer sided. I play killers besides nurse/blight but I bring Bamboozle when I play the "lesser killers". That changes the situation completely. No killer is better than nurse on that map and many people will DC the moment you blink (or the moment you prove you are lethal with your blinks).

    It's my experience that survivors with about 5000 hours will get flustered the second you activate the bamboozle plan. You can immediately force pallets or force them to take a hit. It's one of the "hidden gem" killer perks. As an example, when I play nemesis on that map I purposefully do not remove the breakable walls by several of the vaults. You can almost always get a down because people just don't listen for the BAM noise. The one by the gate is a literal death trap as I vault in/out and then I get a free hit and you are locked in. If they try to play around you using BAM on the window then you can just whip it away mid chase.


    I did the same thing to a team on dead dog once where I had two people down in the dead end room upstairs. Patrol for 20 seconds , then bam the window. It's always really funny to me when people try to get cute (jump into a dead end room that makes an infinite if you break the wall) and you have an ace up your sleeve that removes their "brilliant" plan.


    Many of the streamers will tell you a perk like Bamboozle is B/C tier perk unless you are playing MM, Billy, LF or Legion. Well that's great if you have 7000-9000 hours and you can play every killer well and do perfect little mind games. For the rest of us there is bamboozle; you can brute force loops so the survivor is forced to play it the way you want.

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    Because many people (I assume killer mains) in last discussion complained about Eyrie of Crows being survivor sided while I called this map balanced - here the new example:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YKIL3U978YRI/20221105214140-1.jpg

    That wasn't even a 3gen anymore. It was a stupid 5-gen-combination around main building. Killer can just completely ignore the other half of the map having such generators spawns.

    1/3 of the map had 5 generators. Another 1/3 had 1 and the shack side had the last one.

    Anyone who would call this bullshit survivor sided is welcome to play against my noobish survivor-main nurse or bamboozle bubba in this configuration. Im pretty sure I will perform well on this unfair survivor sided map...

    Everyone whos played this game more than 2 hours knows that most maps spawn gens 3 on one side and 2-3 on other side and maybe 1 at the middle. When you learn this you wont 3 gen. Don't do all the gens on the same side!

    Also did you just call that map killer sided? Or Balanced. I have seen it all 😱 This map is horrible for most killers. Only fast ones can make do and even they get screwed over by the multiple safe pallets + filler pallets.

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3256135#Comment_3256135

    Bubba is a noob stomper. He is completely trash against good survivors. Killrate of sadako is considerably higher.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5BKBV7UR0PK5/grafik.png

    And still I manage to 4 k with bubba on this map almost everytime. You just have to know that looping shack for ages is not the play there.

    image_2022-11-07_103019715.png

    Please stop using statistics to support your argument if you dont know how to read and interpret statistics. Im tired of seeing people on the forums do this.