Franklin's Demise ruins solo queue

How is this balanced? Not only do you drop your item in a chase, but it depletes super ######### fast. There is no way in hell you will get back to it in time to save it. That's also assuming it's not a dark ass map with tall grass and you can find it again, and also assuming that one of your teammates doesn't pick it up. I mean ######### this game is becoming so unfun to play it's insane. How is forcing the survivor to drop an item and then DRAINING THE ITEM while it's on the ground justified? I understand that it's supposed to counter troll squads with flashlight but ######### it's not like the majority of the game flashlight trolls, or even has a big enough squad to flashlight troll. I mean I had a medkit with me but had to loop the killer for a bit to get him off me and then unhook my teammate before he got to struggle hook, and by the time I got back to my fully stacked medkit it was ######### empty. So what am I supposed to do? Let my teammate get to struggle hook? And it's not like this is an uncommon scenario, at least 70% of the games I'm in that has a killer that runs this perk happens almost exactly like this. Or I just get tunneled and lose my item charge anyways. This is a stupid ######### perk and is wayyyy too OP. Items are ######### necessary to make up for slow gen and healing times, especially when you're solo queue and the killer is perked tf out with addons. At the very least don't make the item lose its charge, just have them drop it so they cant use it in a chase, there is no way you can justify emptying the item #########

Comments

  • I just can't take anyone seriously when they excessively make use of thingss like: bro, bruh, lmao, omfg, lol, rofl or omegalul and the like in their arguments. 😑

  • With every post like this I want to run Franklins more

  • The killer is sacrificing a whole perk slot just to try countering items. Yeah it might suck losing your item with good addons but you have the advantage of only playing against a killer with 3 perks then.

  • I only run FD on hag because it is so entertaining to trap downed items.


    Since i stopped running hag. . . I don’t remember the last time I ran FD. Maybe I should just for giggles.

  • @Jungles23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225373#Comment_3225373

    I don't even blame you, it's such a BS perk. Wouldn't be surprised if next update BHVR makes it so survivors have perma expose effect and exit gates don't even open anymore lmao.


    Did you seriously just compare dropping your little toolbox with being EXPOSED?

  • Compose haiku.

    It is bad chess to adore the queen and get the king killed.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225375#Comment_3225375

    Did you seriously just compare dropping your little toolbox with being EXPOSED?

    It was a joke lmao

  • It sucks, but if it's happening a lot think about running Built to Last in your build if you have it available, least you can recharge your items.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    The killer is sacrificing a whole perk slot just to try countering items. Yeah it might suck losing your item with good addons but you have the advantage of only playing against a killer with 3 perks then.

    You're acting like a killer with 3 perks is severely underpowered. First off they do have 4 perks, and their 4th perk is prevented you from using items which is a huge deal. Second off 3 perks is still powerful as #########. I mean I've gotten 4ks and 3ks with one perk on a killer I've never played before, it's not hard.

  • @usesPython said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225803#Comment_3225803

    I play solo queue without perks or items, if you need a 64 charge medkit to play normally then that's a gamesense issue of not knowing where your fellow survivors are to go to them and get a heal from

    Gamesense issue? Sorry I didn't know my teammate was gonna be crouching in the corner hiding from a killer across the entire map. And yeah I've won without bringing in items too, but that's just because others did bring in items. I'm saying if survivors never brought in any items then it would be a slaughter with how long it takes to heal and do gennies.

  • @Jungles23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226072#Comment_3226072

    You're acting like a killer with 3 perks is severely underpowered. First off they do have 4 perks, and their 4th perk is prevented you from using items which is a huge deal. Second off 3 perks is still powerful as #########. I mean I've gotten 4ks and 3ks with one perk on a killer I've never played before, it's not hard.

    You aren't prevented from using items. You can still use up a toolbox. You can still flashlight save. You can still heal with a med-kit.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226286#Comment_3226286

    You aren't prevented from using items. You can still use up a toolbox. You can still flashlight save. You can still heal with a med-kit.

    Not if you get hit, drop it, have to go in a chase and then it's entirely drained when you get back.

  • @Jungles23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226042#Comment_3226042

    Gamesense issue? Sorry I didn't know my teammate was gonna be crouching in the corner hiding from a killer across the entire map. And yeah I've won without bringing in items too, but that's just because others did bring in items. I'm saying if survivors never brought in any items then it would be a slaughter with how long it takes to heal and do gennies.

    You can see exactly where everyone is every time you get downed or hooked, you can look for disturbed crows in the distance, you can look for blood on the ground, and if that's still not enough you can bring aura reading perks like kindred/bond/empathy to see them when you're not hooked. It's quite literally a skill issue if you can't find even a single survivor with that much information

  • Franklin's Demise is very weak.. The cost of a perk slot is a huge price to pay, considering that the perk has competition like Barbecue & Chilli, Save The Best For Last, Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance, Dead Man's Switch, Overcharge, Call of Brine, etcetera.

    Please, don't tell me that you'd rather face a gen. regression build than a rare Franklin's Demise.


    I do run the perk myself, and although it's weak, it does provide me with the effect I really like, especially while playing with Anna. If they're in open sight, I do let them decide; M1 or hatchet? In most cases, they pick M1 and drop their precious item aswell.. That'll teach them to step into my hatchets! 😎

    Regardless, as has TWiXT mentioned, the perk used to be numerous times more effective and punishing.. This.. This is nothing.

  • @Jungles23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226289#Comment_3226289

    Not if you get hit, drop it, have to go in a chase and then it's entirely drained when you get back.

    And you still always had the option of dropping your item before getting hit.

    Your refusal to adapt is your own issue. Not one with the game.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225598#Comment_3225598

    I know I agree it's needed or they have to completely gut most items(let's not).

    I was just saying I understand why survivors find it so annoying.

    It's not even really strong unless survivors are running 4 medkits or toolboxes anything less then that imo is a waste of a perk slot.

    But that's the whole point of running Franklin's... Due to last second switching more Killers are running Franklin's even before they load into the pre-match lobby

    But now think of Killers... They just got done with (whatever number) of match(es) of seeing how strong Items got the Survivors to all escape... and then they read up on Franklin's (or watch a video on it)... Franklin's was designed to make Survivors think twice about carrying an Item

  • @Jungles23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226072#Comment_3226072

    You're acting like a killer with 3 perks is severely underpowered. First off they do have 4 perks, and their 4th perk is prevented you from using items which is a huge deal. Second off 3 perks is still powerful as #########. I mean I've gotten 4ks and 3ks with one perk on a killer I've never played before, it's not hard.

    The only thing Franklins does is trying to prevent you from using items, which is not even guaranteed. If I know a killer has Franklins I'll just drop my item whenever I hear the terror radius and I can come back to my toolbox/medkit right after. Not even mentioning items are not mandatory to win games so it's not a huge deal to lose yours.

    A killer with 3 perks is significantly weaker than a killer with 4 perks, that is just a fact. If you don't know how to capitalize on a killer bringing Franklins instead of a slowdown/information/chase perk that is a you problem.

    Your last statement means nothing. I've won dozens of games perkless both as killer and survivor.

  • @Whoudini said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/350232/franklins-demise-ruins-solo-queue

    Until medkits get nerfed franklins is literally the killers best tool against it.

    This is why I bring Sloppy Butcher on most M1 killers, sometimes Dark Devotion and Coulrophobia, sometimes Forced Penance, reducing the effectiveness of healing entirely, or outright preventing it, can be a powerful tool when used right. Also you have the added utility of having effects that extend beyond just items.

    Franklins counters items, but since it only counters items, it's kind of bad, it has one job that it does extremely well but it's limited application is a huge turnoff for me. If anything it is just a minor inconvenience for survivors and that it is really.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225930#Comment_3225930

    But that's the whole point of running Franklin's... Due to last second switching more Killers are running Franklin's even before they load into the pre-match lobby

    But now think of Killers... They just got done with (whatever number) of match(es) of seeing how strong Items got the Survivors to all escape... and then they read up on Franklin's (or watch a video on it)... Franklin's was designed to make Survivors think twice about carrying an Item

    You mean, at least once?

  • @Hex_iButt said:

    Franklin's used to eat your item completely, making it disappear from the match entirely so it's not as bad now. Especially if you have Felix and Build to Last for the moments where you do end up getting your item fully depleted.

    I would much prefer to have this version back, as it had actual counterplay. Spend precious time to search for and pick up your dropped item, all is well. Current Franklin’s does not have meaningful counterplay. Never getting hit once by the killer is not realistic. It’s akin to the ‘DoN’t GeT cAuGhT’ argument people use against those who complain about hook camping. Plus, we all know current Franklin’s was designed as a bandaid fix to keys and hatch, which have now been nerfed to the ground.

    Maybe we can get the survivor version of Franklin’s one day. The longer the killer chases me without hitting or downing me, they will eventually lose their add-ons for the rest of the match. Seems fair and balanced, right?

  • @kisfenkin said:

    I say this every time this comes up, Franklin's isn't fair.

    If the survivors had a perk that would eat the killer's add-ons they would throw a fit, but they are perfectly find with wasting the blood of the survivors.

    Also, White Ward doesn't save an item that isn't in your hands when you die, so Franklin's goes around that. Again, imagine you as killer bring a black ward and the survivor hits you with a pallet and deletes your add-ons. WOULD THAT BE FAIR?!

    NO! It is not fair.

    If you think Franklin's is unfair, wait until you find out about life.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225359#Comment_3225359

    I would much prefer to have this version back, as it had actual counterplay. Spend precious time to search for and pick up your dropped item, all is well. Current Franklin’s does not have meaningful counterplay. Never getting hit once by the killer is not realistic. It’s akin to the ‘DoN’t GeT cAuGhT’ argument people use against those who complain about hook camping. Plus, we all know current Franklin’s was designed as a bandaid fix to keys and hatch, which have now been nerfed to the ground.

    Maybe we can get the survivor version of Franklin’s one day. The longer the killer chases me without hitting or downing me, they will eventually lose their add-ons for the rest of the match. Seems fair and balanced, right?

    The reason why survivors won't ever get a perk to disable killer powers or addons, is because the killer is the single player vs a team of 4.

    Plus the other version of Franklins was terrible, because it could be completely negated making the entire point of the perk useless.

    I get it's an annoying perk to face, but it only attacks items and can already be completely played around by manually dropping your own item.

  • The best way to combat Franklins is to not give a damn about your items. When I go into a game, I'm going to be relying on my perks, not the medkit or toolbox I brought in. Perks are the meat of the game, Items are just the icing on the dessert, and if they get smacked out of my hand, too bad, maybe one of my teammates will pick it up and that will help the team in some way.

    I can understand the frustration but honestly, Franklins is by no means Op. It sounds more like an inconvenience at worst, and considering I'm usually just toting a brown medkit or toolbox in solo, a waste of a killers perk slot at best.

  • Honestly...what doesn't ruin Solo q?

  • Honestly if the killer is that insecure they want to waste a perk slot with Franklin's, they probably need it in all honesty .

    I have run it in the past though but not very often, it is such a mean spirited perk too lol

  • I can see where OP is coming from, franklins basically rinses your item, because if killer has just hit you the chances of you escaping the killer, and getting back your item without being hooked or taking to long to get there while there are still charges are pretty slim. And that's if killer doesnt double back to the item's aura.

    Imo franklins would be more balanced if killer couldn't see the items aura or it didn't lose charges. Could also give the effect a cooldown or trigger condition.

  • The only problem I have with franklins is that it effectively disables your "White Ward" offering.

    I have no problem losing a valuable item for this round, but I do have a problem losing it completely despite white ward. That's why I use this offering. Also, the killer player shouldn't mind if the survivor gets their item back at the end of the match after the result screen, unless it's a jerk whose only reason to play DBD is to make other people feel miserable.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225930#Comment_3225930

    But that's the whole point of running Franklin's... Due to last second switching more Killers are running Franklin's even before they load into the pre-match lobby

    But now think of Killers... They just got done with (whatever number) of match(es) of seeing how strong Items got the Survivors to all escape... and then they read up on Franklin's (or watch a video on it)... Franklin's was designed to make Survivors think twice about carrying an Item

    I only run it when there's 4 medkits. I haven't seen to many last second switches since they changed keys.

  • Franklin's isn't that bad.

    What's more, if you want people to read your essay on why a decent tier perk is bad, you should consider more line breaks and less ranting.

  • Franklin's demise is fine get good

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226328#Comment_3226328

    I only run it when there's 4 medkits. I haven't seen to many last second switches since they changed keys.

    That cause the Hatch changed... instead of giving the unlock and animation they made it not spawn until 1 Survivor is left

    Then they haven't touched keys since that

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226365#Comment_3226365

    The reason why survivors won't ever get a perk to disable killer powers or addons, is because the killer is the single player vs a team of 4.

    Plus the other version of Franklins was terrible, because it could be completely negated making the entire point of the perk useless.

    I get it's an annoying perk to face, but it only attacks items and can already be completely played around by manually dropping your own item.

    Survivors did it was Iorn Will and it totally countered Stridor.....that was bad design because no one perk should hard counter another perk. It's one thing there are steps to set it up or it partly countered it but not a 100% counter.

  • @IWantCandys said:

    The only problem I have with franklins is that it effectively disables your "White Ward" offering.

    I have no problem losing a valuable item for this round, but I do have a problem losing it completely despite white ward. That's why I use this offering. Also, the killer player shouldn't mind if the survivor gets their item back at the end of the match after the result screen, unless it's a jerk whose only reason to play DBD is to make other people feel miserable.

    Now I do agree with this. I think White Ward should be used even if FD was used to force drop it.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226373#Comment_3226373

    Survivors did it was Iorn Will and it totally countered Stridor.....that was bad design because no one perk should hard counter another perk. It's one thing there are steps to set it up or it partly countered it but not a 100% counter.

    Franklins isn't hard countering another perk and survivors still have options to play around Franklins.

    Not to mention OTR, Self Preservation, Bite the Bullet, Low Profile, Parental Guidance all hard counter Stridor still.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226760#Comment_3226760

    Franklins isn't hard countering another perk and survivors still have options to play around Franklins.

    Not to mention OTR, Self Preservation, Bite the Bullet, Low Profile, Parental Guidance all hard counter Stridor still.

    I wasn't saying FD hard counter anything I was saying no perk should in a general sense.

    Yea but the difference between those and original IW is that IW was always active and never shut off, even OTR has a limit to it's silence. They counter Stridor but it's not a absolute hard counter since they are I'm certain situations or limited time

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226768#Comment_3226768

    I wasn't saying FD hard counter anything I was saying no perk should in a general sense.

    Yea but the difference between those and original IW is that IW was always active and never shut off, even OTR has a limit to it's silence. They counter Stridor but it's not a absolute hard counter since they are I'm certain situations or limited time

    Items are not perks and items are completely optional and can even be looted during the trial. I see no issue with Franklin's dealing with items as well as it does for the same reason that lightborn hard counters flashlights is fine. They are very niche perks for the killer to deal with potentially strong things a team of 4 survivors can bring against them.

    And frankly it's okay if the killer has tools that can shut down certain things survivors bring into the trial, because their advantage is being the more powerful player. Survivors have the number advantage.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226740#Comment_3226740

    That cause the Hatch changed... instead of giving the unlock and animation they made it not spawn until 1 Survivor is left

    Then they haven't touched keys since that

    Thats my point and I almost never see last second switch to flashlights. I just don't find it useful very often so its never pre equipped in my loadouts.

  • I call killers who use Franklin's Petty a** killers. because when you are in solo que it is hard to get help from randoms.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226754#Comment_3226754

    Thats my point and I almost never see last second switch to flashlights. I just don't find it useful very often so its never pre equipped in my loadouts.

    I have had it happen a number of times

  • @Jungles23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225364#Comment_3225364

    90 charges? What? How can a medkit have 90 charges? I've never seen that before, mine only allowed for 4 health state heals so it had 46 charges. And yeah survivors have items because there is no other way to win against a fully stacked, NOED using killer that gains bloodlust if he's trash and is in a loop for too long or gets windows and pallets blocked because a survivor used them 3 times lmao. That's just basekit on all killers, not even including special powers like what nurse has or blight. Killers are not at a disadvantage at all bruh, there is 0 excuse to not let survivors use items...

    You can get a total of 60 charges if you use purple (32 charges) medkit green gel dressings (16 charges) and yellow gauze roll (12 charges)

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225369#Comment_3225369

    NOED can be cleansed. The totem even gives off its own aura. I don't think I've seen NOED give more than one down at endgame since 6.1 hit. I'd argue Terminus is much better value right now.

    I agree, I'm new to killer and I run NOED due to not having better perks. It could just be my lack of experience, but I'm lucky if I get 1k due to NOED and that's if the totem wasn't cleansed before the endgame.

  • @pieces200368 said:

    I call killers who use Franklin's Petty a** killers. because when you are in solo que it is hard to get help from randoms.

    Exactly. People in here are really like "well you don't need items to win" like it's not obvious they don't play survivor lmao. "Noooooo you cant bring in a medkit it means I can't one tap youuuuuu"

  • @Jungles23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226958#Comment_3226958

    Exactly. People in here are really like "well you don't need items to win" like it's not obvious they don't play survivor lmao. "Noooooo you cant bring in a medkit it means I can't one tap youuuuuu"

    It sound more like you never play killer and want to win every match, without any bumps on the road. But you say it is hard to play with strangers you can't talk to, well I think that's the point of your play.

  • I just had it happen I was playing survivor but I stopped find it funny.

  • @pieces200368 said:

    I call killers who use Franklin's Petty a** killers. because when you are in solo que it is hard to get help from randoms.

    That's a teammate issue and not on Killers who use FD.

  • @Jungles23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226958#Comment_3226958

    Exactly. People in here are really like "well you don't need items to win" like it's not obvious they don't play survivor lmao. "Noooooo you cant bring in a medkit it means I can't one tap youuuuuu"

    Yeah, items are guaranteed to make you win all the time. Looping the killer, giving your team enough time to work on gens doesn't matter in the equation at all...

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225359#Comment_3225359

    I would much prefer to have this version back, as it had actual counterplay. Spend precious time to search for and pick up your dropped item, all is well. Current Franklin’s does not have meaningful counterplay. Never getting hit once by the killer is not realistic. It’s akin to the ‘DoN’t GeT cAuGhT’ argument people use against those who complain about hook camping. Plus, we all know current Franklin’s was designed as a bandaid fix to keys and hatch, which have now been nerfed to the ground.

    Maybe we can get the survivor version of Franklin’s one day. The longer the killer chases me without hitting or downing me, they will eventually lose their add-ons for the rest of the match. Seems fair and balanced, right?

    Yeah, its gonna be very hard to not get hit during the match unless the killer is afk farming, but current Franklin's still has Built to Last as a counter if you do end up finding your item out of juice. Even if you don't have the perk equipped, you just find it if you can, go from there and use it/drop it at your own discretion to keep it from losing charges once again if you care about the item's value.

    And there's no way we're getting a survivor version of FD. That pretty much ruins the balance of the game and you'd have bully squads running it just to weaken the killer.

  • @Jungles23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3226958#Comment_3226958

    Exactly. People in here are really like "well you don't need items to win" like it's not obvious they don't play survivor lmao. "Noooooo you cant bring in a medkit it means I can't one tap youuuuuu"

    You don't need items to win I have escaped many matches with NO items brought in at all and never found a item.

  • @Jungles23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225376#Comment_3225376

    I don't wanna stray from the Franklin's demise topic but na NOED is dumb AF. It's hard as hell to find the totems anyway and I rarely see the aura, not the only one with that problem either. NOED is the killer's pre-nerfed dead hard lmao

    Us survivors get a perk that shows us where totems are if we're in a certain radius. I think that balances out NOED. Yes it takes up a spot but it's worth it.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3225554#Comment_3225554

    This is why I bring Sloppy Butcher on most M1 killers, sometimes Dark Devotion and Coulrophobia, sometimes Forced Penance, reducing the effectiveness of healing entirely, or outright preventing it, can be a powerful tool when used right. Also you have the added utility of having effects that extend beyond just items.

    Franklins counters items, but since it only counters items, it's kind of bad, it has one job that it does extremely well but it's limited application is a huge turnoff for me. If anything it is just a minor inconvenience for survivors and that it is really.

    If you have 4 medkits with a mix of greens and purples, franklins basically turns that off and its extremely powerful for that. I agree if you slap it on for just like 2 items or less its a waste. If you see 4 medkits though and your a weaker killer, you actually need it since 4 decent medkits on even a less favourable map for you is basically unwinnable.

1 2 ›