The “That killer wouldn’t fit the game” argument is dead now.

Now I’m not attacking behavior for their recent killers.

Wesker is great, however with the addition of such out of place killers into this game to me the “that killer doesn’t fit the game” argument is dead.


If we can have Wesker, we can have springtrap, alien, a giant spider.


whatever.

Comments

  • It’s still a valid opinion.

    Just because they introduced some killers that are more ridiculous than scary doesn’t mean that some things don’t fit in the horror genre.

  • You honestly think dbd’s gameplay can capture the feeling of playing xenomorph?

    I mean they can run on all surfaces so confining them to the single plain that encompasses a dbd chase would be kinda crappy.

    But making play like a xenomorph should, running up and over walls etc, would just break the game.

    You’d probably end up with the xeno being nothing but a killer skin with a lunge. It’d be a meh game experience.

  • @GannTM said:

    So what you’re saying is, Shrek can be a killer in DBD?

    WHEN

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Giant Spider won’t work unless they could figure out how to animate it to travel through narrow pathways.

    SpringTrap won’t work because it’ll divide the community since the fans of the series were super annoying about it and have left a sour taste in many mouths. Also there’s some controversy with the creator supporting certain political groups. I hope it never comes because I’m a spiteful bit*h and haven’t forgotten the ruckus fans of the series caused when we were speculating on who the next killer before Cake Daddy Pyramid Head dropped.

    I don’t see why we can’t have an alien. It would probably be as large as Demopuppy. They’d just have to come up with interesting ideas for its powers and abilities. Something like The Forgotten Twins powers would work, just less clunky and dependent on slugging.

    We can’t have a killer that disguised as a Survivor. Everyone thought that would be Legions power but SWF is a thing and it wouldn’t work in this game.

    They have lots of possibilities, it’s just not easy to make them all real. While I like original characters, Licensed ones are the money makers. I just hope for Chucky one day. Oh, and Oppai Vampire Lady from Resident Evil.

    "were super annoying about it and have left a sour taste in many mouths."


    worst argument ive seen on him yet.

    if its left a sour taste in your mouth, I'd say get over it. People can want things, and it did was show that people in the community would want it, which is more important considering not everyone is going to like everything so a few no's should never stop a chapter.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3207677#Comment_3207677

    He's a highly trained super human that has murdered many many people. Sounds like a horror character to me. Trickster is still a mass murderer. We have killers like Trapper,huntress , even nurse that are human looking and almost every way. Wesker isn't really that out of place.

    He's a super villain basically. A super villain in an evil mastermind suit with leather gloves. Maybe in the 60s that was terrifying.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3208628#Comment_3208628

    You honestly think dbd’s gameplay can capture the feeling of playing xenomorph?

    I mean they can run on all surfaces so confining them to the single plain that encompasses a dbd chase would be kinda crappy.

    But making play like a xenomorph should, running up and over walls etc, would just break the game.

    You’d probably end up with the xeno being nothing but a killer skin with a lunge. It’d be a meh game experience.

    Does it have to capture the exact feeling?

    does Demogorgon capture the feeling of the monster in Stranger Things?

    https://youtu.be/NwsjfwGnGk0

    i wouldn’t say so, but Demo is still a very fitting and beloved killer in general.

    Freddy is another example (though he has other issues and kinda needs some reworks)


    inclusion of horror icons in DbD doesn’t mean it has to be a 1:1 portrayal. Now I agree some things don’t work such as Jaws shark or Piranhas. But a Xenomorph can work just as much as Demodog works. Especially considering the Xenomorph drone can be influenced by the Entity just like they are being controlled by their Queen.

  • We already had trickster long before wesker so this whole thing is pointless imo

  • @GannTM said:

    So what you’re saying is, Shrek can be a killer in DBD?

    Think bigger.



    They're doing a Winnie the Pooh slasher flick, right?

  • I vote we get Lilo & Stitch. Perfect survivor and killer combo.

  • @Asura said:

    I vote we get Lilo & Stitch. Perfect survivor and killer combo.

    Lilo is the killer, right?

  • @RonMan32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3208273#Comment_3208273

    He's a super villain basically. A super villain in an evil mastermind suit with leather gloves. Maybe in the 60s that was terrifying.

    In a way sure. Your completely skipping the giant tentacle that comes from him. Also I wouldn't call any off the killers in dbd scary. Is pretty obvious you haven't play much if any RE because I think you would have a better understanding of wesker himself.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3208642#Comment_3208642

    Does it have to capture the exact feeling?

    does Demogorgon capture the feeling of the monster in Stranger Things?

    https://youtu.be/NwsjfwGnGk0

    i wouldn’t say so, but Demo is still a very fitting and beloved killer in general.

    Freddy is another example (though he has other issues and kinda needs some reworks)

    inclusion of horror icons in DbD doesn’t mean it has to be a 1:1 portrayal. Now I agree some things don’t work such as Jaws shark or Piranhas. But a Xenomorph can work just as much as Demodog works. Especially considering the Xenomorph drone can be influenced by the Entity just like they are being controlled by their Queen.

    you have a point, but anyone who played any of the AvP games that all pre-date DBD the xenomorph experience is very true to the films, it would be hard for DBD to capture that.

    The alien would probably just feel like a demo skin, which would be meh. Demo could have been a lot better too but he was the best he could be within the confines of the game.

  • Yes. The cast is much too diverse at this point to say X type of killer could never be a thing.

  • @GannTM said:

    So what you’re saying is, Shrek can be a killer in DBD?

    Come on, it would be too OP. Same reason why Shaggy can't be added as a survivor.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3208628#Comment_3208628

    You honestly think dbd’s gameplay can capture the feeling of playing xenomorph?

    I mean they can run on all surfaces so confining them to the single plain that encompasses a dbd chase would be kinda crappy.

    But making play like a xenomorph should, running up and over walls etc, would just break the game.

    You’d probably end up with the xeno being nothing but a killer skin with a lunge. It’d be a meh game experience.

    Unfortunately you are right that they will never be able to make the xenomorph the perfect organism like its supposed to be, and just making at another "lunge" killer or some other killer clone that they've been releasing alot lately

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Giant Spider won’t work unless they could figure out how to animate it to travel through narrow pathways.

    SpringTrap won’t work because it’ll divide the community since the fans of the series were super annoying about it and have left a sour taste in many mouths. Also there’s some controversy with the creator supporting certain political groups. I hope it never comes because I’m a spiteful bit*h and haven’t forgotten the ruckus fans of the series caused when we were speculating on who the next killer before Cake Daddy Pyramid Head dropped.

    I don’t see why we can’t have an alien. It would probably be as large as Demopuppy. They’d just have to come up with interesting ideas for its powers and abilities. Something like The Forgotten Twins powers would work, just less clunky and dependent on slugging.

    We can’t have a killer that disguised as a Survivor. Everyone thought that would be Legions power but SWF is a thing and it wouldn’t work in this game.

    They have lots of possibilities, it’s just not easy to make them all real. While I like original characters, Licensed ones are the money makers. I just hope for Chucky one day. Oh, and Oppai Vampire Lady from Resident Evil.

    If I saw Big Vampire Woman, I would simply throw myself at her feet and beg to increase her MMR

  • @HeyItsQuiet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3207647#Comment_3207647

    If I saw Big Vampire Woman, I would simply throw myself at her feet and beg to increase her MMR

    See, I’m not even attracted to women, but just the raw energy that she gives off pulls me to her. And even tho I may not swing that way, I can and do appreciate oppai.

  • We've finally reached the point in history where people argue that the main villain for the most successful horror game ever created doesn't "fit" into another 'horror' game that wouldn't exist without the the original game in question. Also, the game they're gatekeeping features Bunny outfits, Bikini beach outfits, Drunk Clowns in Elephant/Chicken suits, Christmas themed onesies and more obvious pop-culture references that don't exactly scream horror

  • You tell me Wesker doesn't fit in the game yet we have stupid outfits for survivors and killers alike and some other original and licensed killers exist in the game.

    I remember the stupid argument that Trickster doesn't fit in the game while overlooking his backstory and lore. What just because Trickster isn't fat and disgusting like Clown he isn't allowed to be in the game?

    Same goes for Wesker - Fits just as much as any other killer in the game.

    That being said - Was never against the addition of abnormal content and I'm all for Springtrap even though I doubt it happens mostly because the person you'd have to negotiate with to get the license rather than the content itself.

  • It was dead the moment we got a j pop twink as a killer

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Giant Spider won’t work unless they could figure out how to animate it to travel through narrow pathways.

    SpringTrap won’t work because it’ll divide the community since the fans of the series were super annoying about it and have left a sour taste in many mouths. Also there’s some controversy with the creator supporting certain political groups. I hope it never comes because I’m a spiteful bit*h and haven’t forgotten the ruckus fans of the series caused when we were speculating on who the next killer before Cake Daddy Pyramid Head dropped.

    I don’t see why we can’t have an alien. It would probably be as large as Demopuppy. They’d just have to come up with interesting ideas for its powers and abilities. Something like The Forgotten Twins powers would work, just less clunky and dependent on slugging.

    We can’t have a killer that disguised as a Survivor. Everyone thought that would be Legions power but SWF is a thing and it wouldn’t work in this game.

    They have lots of possibilities, it’s just not easy to make them all real. While I like original characters, Licensed ones are the money makers. I just hope for Chucky one day. Oh, and Oppai Vampire Lady from Resident Evil.

    Springtrap would be cool, and im not a fan of the franchise,


    as the words of a good player "you cant teach an old dog new tricks" -coconutRTS

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3208829#Comment_3208829

    In a way sure. Your completely skipping the giant tentacle that comes from him. Also I wouldn't call any off the killers in dbd scary. Is pretty obvious you haven't play much if any RE because I think you would have a better understanding of wesker himself.

    I love RE4 playing it both on PC via remaster and the VR version. I've seen a full playthrough of RE5, which is what this version of him is based on. He's a dork. RE5 is more like an action movie than a horror. Truly an odd departure for the series.

    I'm willing to admit that whether he fits or not is not only subjective, but doesn't even matter at this point because plenty of the killers in this game don't fit great with the original vibe trapper set up. But I don't have a worse "understanding of Wesker" than you. Your opinion isn't more informed than mine, it's just different.

  • @GiveMeTheBox said:

    It was dead the moment we got a j pop twink as a killer

    So. How does Suzie -an edgy teenage girl with a mask and a knife- make the cut but somehow Trickster (Kpop btw) -a sadistical serial killer, taunting his victims and having experience in torturing and killing while loving the spotlight- doesn’t? It’s not even Suzie alone but all Legion members. And even other killers - Ghostface doesnt make that much more sense either if you think more than 1 second about him and the outfit.


    edit: is Trickster actually a twink? Seems way too old and muscular (yeah not bodybuilder muscular but still..) for that term imo?

  • I gave that up when Demo arrived. I wouldn’t call Stranger Things a horror franchise, but Demo still made for an excellent addition to the roster and is still widely beloved by the community. As was the entire chapter.

    That said, I hear ST seasons since his release (and departure) have leaned more into the horror aspects of the premise.


    Also, the whole “Elephant Costume is not scary” thing is bogus to me. It’s a rendition of the tried and true “child-friendly mascot/performer turns out to be a homicidal psycho” trope. The man’s still wearing a ring of human fingers on his belt, for crying out loud.

  • Sometimes it can now feel like a resident evil game.

    Playing on RPD, against wesker, with a full team of RE survivors.

  • @Fred_krueger said:

    Sometimes it can now feel like a resident evil game.

    Playing on RPD, against wesker, with a full team of RE survivors.

    You can now have two matches with completely distinct sets of RE characters, 2 killers, 8 survivors including legendarys and 2 maps (though those are variants I guess)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210368#Comment_3210368

    So. How does Suzie -an edgy teenage girl with a mask and a knife- make the cut but somehow Trickster (Kpop btw) -a sadistical serial killer, taunting his victims and having experience in torturing and killing while loving the spotlight- doesn’t? It’s not even Suzie alone but all Legion members. And even other killers - Ghostface doesnt make that much more sense either if you think more than 1 second about him and the outfit.

    edit: is Trickster actually a twink? Seems way too old and muscular (yeah not bodybuilder muscular but still..) for that term imo?

    He's twinky enough for me to consider him one. I've heard the "Legion doesn't fit either" argument a lot, but let me put it this way... If you were walking down the street at night and saw one of the Legion dressed in their hoody and their creepy serial killer mask, and on the other side of the street saw a rather thin man dressed in an open shirt and tacky pants, which would intimidate you the most? Even if the Trickster had his lightsaber vwoom baseball bat with him, he still looks like a strong gust would blow him over.

  • @GiveMeTheBox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210665#Comment_3210665

    He's twinky enough for me to consider him one. I've heard the "Legion doesn't fit either" argument a lot, but let me put it this way... If you were walking down the street at night and saw one of the Legion dressed in their hoody and their creepy serial killer mask, and on the other side of the street saw a rather thin man dressed in an open shirt and tacky pants, which would intimidate you the most? Even if the Trickster had his lightsaber vwoom baseball bat with him, he still looks like a strong gust would blow him over.

    He really doesn’t look that thin at all.

    and I would take edgy teen girl over Trickster. While he seems thin to you, he is muscular. And creepy serial killer mask? Are you serious? Most of their masks look pretty cheap actually

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210692#Comment_3210692

    He really doesn’t look that thin at all.

    and I would take edgy teen girl over Trickster. While he seems thin to you, he is muscular. And creepy serial killer mask? Are you serious? Most of their masks look pretty cheap actually

    It's more that masks are inherently creepy, as hiding your face is often considered such and usually triggers uncertainty in peoples' minds. Well, while I disagree with your opinion, I respect it regardless.

  • @GiveMeTheBox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210695#Comment_3210695

    It's more that masks are inherently creepy, as hiding your face is often considered such and usually triggers uncertainty in peoples' minds. Well, while I disagree with your opinion, I respect it regardless.

    So it’s actually only about him not wearing a mask? I think having blood smeared over his face is already creepy enough. And the colored contact lenses also work well in the creepy factor especially compared to some of legions masks.

    btw I do think that both killers (legion and trickster) work well aesthetically and lore wise in DbD. It just baffles me that people use arguments against legion and disregard the same arguments against all other killers already present

  • To me Wesker doesn’t fit because of his look. If they had went with his mutated, uroboros form he would have felt more thematically appropriate. It would be like if they added Patrick Bateman in his business suit. Like, yeah - he’s a serial killer from a horror film but thematically at least put him in his blood spatter poncho. (Though I would like to see his hilarious perk names - Walking on Sunshine comes to mind)

    My only issue with Trickster is the sound his bat makes. It sounds more like a wiffle ball bat than something that would actually do some damage.

    Some random knight killer would be met with my best nea-entity ‘meh’.

  • The only way characters wouldn't fit is if they're unable to play by the game's ground rules, which is being able to chase, hit, pickup, carry and hook survivors.

    As long as those criterias are met, it's technically fair game for a character to join the game.

  • I mean. I still don't think Trickster fits. The devs can FORCE any Killer to fit if they want to, but just because they are in the game doesn't mean they objectively fit.

  • @MDRSan said:

    To me Wesker doesn’t fit because of his look. If they had went with his mutated, uroboros form he would have felt more thematically appropriate. It would be like if they added Patrick Bateman in his business suit. Like, yeah - he’s a serial killer from a horror film but thematically at least put him in his blood spatter poncho. (Though I would like to see his hilarious perk names - Walking on Sunshine comes to mind)

    My only issue with Trickster is the sound his bat makes. It sounds more like a wiffle ball bat than something that would actually do some damage.

    Some random knight killer would be met with my best nea-entity ‘meh’.

    It might've been better if, like some people surmised from leaks, he turned into his u-form upon reaching a certain infection level but yeah, I think he's fine as-is, clowns have to be freakier-looking than The Clown to 'frighten' me if that's really what ppl are looking for from this game anymore, it's more rule of cool than anything for me these days

    Patrick 'The IDEA' Bateman, rare add-on: "Let's see YOUR card" lol

  • @GannTM said:

    So what you’re saying is, Shrek can be a killer in DBD?

    "It's all ogre now."

  • @GannTM said:

    So what you’re saying is, Shrek can be a killer in DBD?

    Shrek is love

    Shrek is life

  • @pocajohnny said:

    I mean. I still don't think Trickster fits. The devs can FORCE any Killer to fit if they want to, but just because they are in the game doesn't mean they objectively fit.

    I don't see how Trickster doesn't fit. For a game that has dark lore and often touches on realistic and sensitive topics, he fits in pretty fine.

    Or does he not fit in to you because you think horror is just guys in masks wielding that wield bladed weapons.

  • @versacefeng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3210909#Comment_3210909

    I don't see how Trickster doesn't fit. For a game that has dark lore and often touches on realistic and sensitive topics, he fits in pretty fine.

    Or does he not fit in to you because you think horror is just guys in masks wielding that wield bladed weapons.

    Depends on every different individual's definition of "dark". Trickster's lore is poorly written if anything. A cheaply made story slapped on a cheaply made character.

1 2 ›