Slugging is now a dead strat!

After being left on the ground for 45 seconds, Survivors will now gain the ability to pick themselves up without the need of any Perks


I like this!

Comments

  • Now that seems seriously concerning, I hope developers DO fix it based on PTB shenanigans unlike ridiculous things like boilover.

  • This is going to make playing against aggressive SWFs a nightmare. Slugging was the only counter for groups of survivors gathering for a pallet/flashlight save, sabotage, oak and mass bodyblocking, stuff like Boil Over... hell, even DS baiting was countered by slugging. That's all dead now and I don't know what killers can reasonably be expected to do against aggressive strats now.

    Especially when every survivor's going to be picking themselves up in 22 seconds now.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3200675#Comment_3200675

    Not even just downing them. Tunnel one survivor out, have 1 on first hook, down the last two survivors and game automatically ends. There's no way they could release this without basekit Unbreakable. That scenario above is like 3-4 hooks before game ends. Imagine how much more desirable slugging would become over hooking.

    All this is telling me is that this entire new system was a terrible idea and vastly more exploitable than the existing lay of things.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202284#Comment_3202284

    All this is telling me is that this entire new system was a terrible idea and vastly more exploitable than the existing lay of things.

    This has been my conclusion too

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Good. Slugging was overpowered and it was very boring to be slugged for a long time while the killer looked for the 4th person.

    Killers that abused slugging will have to play the game now and actually hook people.

    If Sluzzy is unequivocally happy about it that pretty much tells you everything you need to know.

    Seriously, this just murders one of the most important sources of pressure when you know that there is no longer any need for survivors to pick up a downed team-mate.

    What were they thinking?

  • @Sandt21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3200675#Comment_3200675

    That implies that a killer can down 4 survivors in 45 seconds. For that to happen, you'd need max stacks on STBFL, and for each survivor to make the maximum amount of mistakes possible in a chase, and all of that needs to happen in 45 seconds before the first survivor downed gets back up. And that's not even taking into account the cooldown for a killers successful attack, a survivors sprint burst after being hit, pallets, windows, and any other shenanigan that might happen during four consecutive chases.

    So NO, its is most definitely "easy" for such a thing to happen. I'd even go as far as saying its next to impossible.

    I never said it was easy. I said there would be nothing to stop a killer from doing this if they wanted to. It is also not impossible for Blight and Nurse, and I see a lot of Blight.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201541#Comment_3201541

    That's just slightly better than yellow Mori, though, in that it only applies to the last Survivor.

    We're going in circles here. It doesn't matter that it's only marginally better than the yellow Mori, I'd rather not have the system to begin with, but I just don't see BHVR scrapping it.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201613#Comment_3201613

    We're going in circles here. It doesn't matter that it's only marginally better than the yellow Mori, I'd rather not have the system to begin with, but I just don't see BHVR scrapping it.

    I've always been of the opinion that base kit yellow Mori was all that was needed as far as the Mori system.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    i think just straight up erasing an entire strategy from the game is a horrible, short-sighted decision made with no consideration whatsoever for how that's going to impact it solely because of a new, shoehorned in mechanic for a feature that was already nerfed to the ground.

    I'm verbose as hell and struggle with a need to quantify everything as best I can, so I got a special place in my heart for criticism that cuts like this: elegant, deep, damn near beautiful.

    It's poetry.

  • Which is where they said they WANTED the game to be at.

    But now that Slugging's gone, that escape rate is gonna jump right back up.

    Everybody loves rubberbands for goal posts, right?

  • I on the whole don't like the sound of these changes and I expect them to break the game in multiple places. As some people already mentioned poor twins is getting particularly shafted. Anti Slugging is something the game probably needs but this is not how I think it should be addressed and it is not as big of an "issue" as face-camping is at the moment.

    Slugging is a valid strat it just needs to not have this toxic air around it with people being forced to wait and bleed out for several minutes. I think leaving No Mither, Soul Guard and Unbreakable as hard counters is good. The way I'd address this is buff all 3 of those perks (especially No Mither) and then make it so if all remaining survivors are on the ground or hooked for more than 20 seconds only THEN does this base kit Unbreakable kick in. Also the luck system needs a complete rework but that's another topic.

    But anyway I still think face-camping needs to be addressed FIRST. Face camping should basically mean 9/10 times you only get a 1k. It should be debuffed and destroyed such that getting more than a 1k with a survivor who isn't DCing on hook (doing the right thing and buying time for their team. Those who DC against face-campers are why they can get 3 or 4ks pretty often) is basically impossible against 3 survivors who are smart. And proxy camping should be effected by whatever changes these would be as well, maybe not as harshly (somehow).

    The Mori changes also seem kinda lame? If a killer wants to do a funni Devour Hope build and try and Mori everyone they should be allowed. I like the Mori cutscene idea but I don't think it should REPLACE the Mori system. I think that you should just always be allowed OPTIONALLY to Mori the last survivor (maybe last standing instead of last in the match? And that would end the match in the vain of what this change is suggesting? No probably not I really just don't like it) basekit (with it moving to a preset part of a map and all) and they just have every 2 Cypress Memento Moris turn into 1 Ivory Memento Mori and if you have an odd number you get 2000 blood points refunded off the top.

  • @vector said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3201659#Comment_3201659

    "I have long said that if a survivor is left on the ground for a certain amount of time then they should be able to pick themselves up. It just feels like it should be a natural part of the game. It'll encourage killer players to play the game as intended and focus more on objectives rather than trolling."

    I think is natural part of game for survivors to pick up their comrade rather than doing idk what. Killer does not hold surv on the ground with pistol. Usualy he chases other survivolrs. Where is is trolling ?

    If I have to explain to you why leaving a survivor on the ground for an entire bleed out is toxic then I don't think it'll even matter because clearly you see no issue with it. Killers without this change could basically ignore the hook objective entirely and just get 2 hits per survivor and win the game. It quickly shifts the advantage to the killer by simply ignoring the hook. The only thing this change does is encourage killers to hook survivors. For people that have a problem with that, you probably were part of the problem that brought about this change to begin with.

    I'm glad they're taking steps to address toxic playstyles in this game. My friends who quit awhile back over things like this may actually be interested in playing the game again now.

  • Slugging is the lesser of evils in my solo queue nightmare. I'd rather more effective tunneling punishments and face camping restrictions and such, but I don't have many problems with a basekit Unbreakable. Maybe a couple changes?

    Make it so Unbreakable doesn't recover you 100% quicker. Maybe 75% or 50%. Maybe play around with diminishing returns.

    Pause Oni/Myers/Plague powers while they pick up a survivor and carry them to a hook and allow the timer to continue when the hook animation completes.

    Twins can burn in the Entity's hell for all I care.

  • @RonMan32 said:

    I on the whole don't like the sound of these changes and I expect them to break the game in multiple places. As some people already mentioned poor twins is getting particularly shafted. Anti Slugging is something the game probably needs but this is not how I think it should be addressed and it is not as big of an "issue" as face-camping is at the moment.

    Slugging is a valid strat it just needs to not have this toxic air around it with people being forced to wait and bleed out for several minutes. I think leaving No Mither, Soul Guard and Unbreakable as hard counters is good. The way I'd address this is buff all 3 of those perks (especially No Mither) and then make it so if all remaining survivors are on the ground or hooked for more than 20 seconds only THEN does this base kit Unbreakable kick in. Also the luck system needs a complete rework but that's another topic.

    But anyway I still think face-camping needs to be addressed FIRST. Face camping should basically mean 9/10 times you only get a 1k. It should be debuffed and destroyed such that getting more than a 1k with a survivor who isn't DCing on hook (doing the right thing and buying time for their team. Those who DC against face-campers are why they can get 3 or 4ks pretty often) is basically impossible against 3 survivors who are smart. And proxy camping should be effected by whatever changes these would be as well, maybe not as harshly (somehow).

    The Mori changes also seem kinda lame? If a killer wants to do a funni Devour Hope build and try and Mori everyone they should be allowed. I like the Mori cutscene idea but I don't think it should REPLACE the Mori system. I think that you should just always be allowed OPTIONALLY to Mori the last survivor (maybe last standing instead of last in the match? And that would end the match in the vain of what this change is suggesting? No probably not I really just don't like it) basekit (with it moving to a preset part of a map and all) and they just have every 2 Cypress Memento Moris turn into 1 Ivory Memento Mori and if you have an odd number you get 2000 blood points refunded off the top.

    The issue isn't slugging. The issue is the problems the Finishing Mori will create in game that only basekit Unbreakable can counter. The two go hand in hand. Basekit Unbreakable is the bandaid solution to a new endgame mechanic that nobody asked for, and that has the potential to make hooking a secondary goal when it's supposed to be the primary goal. Basekit Unbreakable is about forcing killers to hook. The whole thing is just a mess of an idea

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202588#Comment_3202588

    The issue isn't slugging. The issue is the problems the Finishing Mori will create in game that only basekit Unbreakable can counter. The two go hand in hand. Basekit Unbreakable is the bandaid solution to a new endgame mechanic that nobody asked for, and that has the potential to make hooking a secondary goal when it's supposed to be the primary goal. Basekit Unbreakable is about forcing killers to hook. The whole thing is just a mess of an idea

    Maybe not but that's now how everyone wants to think of these changes. I don't like this new Mori as is, and I do see how basekit unbreakable is supposed to extend matches that could otherwise go really quickly with this new mechanic with slugging. What I really think they should do is remove the basekit unbreakable and make Cypress Memento Mori basekit along with this "moves the mori to a set part of the map" idea specifically for when you kill the LAST survivor.

  • When I get home today, I want to start practicing running face camps in Buba as soon as possible.


    This is because it requires more technique than pressing and holding the repair button on the generator or pressing and holding unbreakable to get up for free. I've rarely run face camp in Buba at all before, so I'm excited to see how it goes.

    Instead of 2 kills and 2 escapes, it will be 1 kill and 3 escapes and I will be a bad killer player and will get a lot of abuse. But I will persevere. From now on I will admit more that I am a bad player and enjoy this game.



    ...... Yeah, I'm just kidding. I keep coming up with ideas to calm me down.

    I like DbD. But I hate BHVR.

  • Guys, this is simply them testing the waters. The same waters they have been giving their consumers for quite some time now. Their spokesmen defend the decisions being made, regardless of what the player base thinks. Their attitude is "if you don't like it, play another game". Saddens me because this game had the potential to be GREAT! Oh well. Life goes on.

  • Slugging is equivalent to hooking. Your just not gaining a hook state.

    So in many situations slugging is better for the survivor than being hooked.

    Even if we add in the loss of the ability of ds or bt the statement above is correct.

    Its a bad change. No doubt about it.

  • Did they forget about how some killers powers revolve around slugging ie myers and oni


    Ffs just nerf the nurse already instead of giving roundabout solutions that won't work on her but said solutions nerfs other killers

  • @Majin151 said:

    Did they forget about how some killers powers revolve around slugging ie myers and oni

    Ffs just nerf the nurse already instead of giving roundabout solutions that won't work on her but said solutions nerfs other killers

    She got buffed tho. If she gets everyone in any combination of downed/hooked/dead within 45 seconds she wins the match on the spot. Its a buff to her since she's going to have the easiest time doing it in pretty much every configuration, and it'll completely skip any and all comeback factors that would be able to counter it unless they get used to prevent it within that window. Cheers!

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202972#Comment_3202972

    She got buffed tho. If she gets everyone in any combination of downed/hooked/dead within 45 seconds she wins the match on the spot. Its a buff to her since she's going to have the easiest time doing it in pretty much every configuration, and it'll completely skip any and all comeback factors that would be able to counter it unless they get used to prevent it within that window. Cheers!

    That's the funny thing they failed to nerf her by actually buffing her with this change


    It's like bhvr wants every killer to be nurse

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3202975#Comment_3202975

    That's the funny thing they failed to nerf her by actually buffing her with this change

    It's like bhvr wants every killer to be nurse

    Its par for the course. Thana nerf was done because of two killers, and it made them the only two killers who even get any value out of the perk after the nerf. They don't know how to handle extreme outliers and just raze things to the ground without noticing (or caring) the problem was the only thing that survived.

1 … 5 6 7 ›