Windows of Opportunity is an unfair advantage.

Before anyone types “use Zashin Tactics” I’m not wasting a perk slot for that trash. Survivors run WOO to learn how to loop, cool, it’s fine. It or really needs some sort of range nerf or cool-down. I know it previously did and it was trash so idk. But I really think it’s an unfair advantage.. why are prestige 80 people still running it… and I play killer and survivor 50/50 sooo…

Comments

  • This is a new one. Nerf Windows seriously? What are we going to do after that, nerf eyeballs?

    👁👁

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3198878#Comment_3198878

    Right, i guess we have been talking past each other then. I didnt mean that it was just as good, but that it was a good counter for it.

    It doesn't counter any of the metadata that Windows provides, just gives you an idea of which resource they are most likely to choose. You're able to react faster and counter a small part of its value, but none of the rest. Its not going to hide whether pallets are used or not, when one is dropped nearby, seeing breakable doors, etc.

  • Should add a warning when queueing as killer: "Survivor perks may confer benefits to survivors."

  • I didn't know this was possible to see asking nerf for such perk but I quess it is...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3198897#Comment_3198897

    Keep in mind that it its not a 1-1 game, killers have other powerful perks that the survivors cant counter 100%

    I understand that? If anything, the 1's version of a similar perk should be stronger than individual instance's of the 4's, but thats a different discussion altogether. Point is you can't sacrifice one of your perk slots as the 1 for an inferior version due to the increased importance of that 1 slot, especially when its only a partial counter at that. Zanshin is just a bad perk comparatively on almost every metric, and even then players have to give up more value to make room for it.

  • I only assume where the vaults and pallets are, I have a rough Idea and I scope out the areas as I play, but when I watch back of players using WOO, my word is does look strong. Saves you taking a wrong turn and gets you off the hook, figuratively 😅

  • @Rudjohns said:

    Another perk for the killer mains complaining about everything list

    Windows of Opportunity

    Calm Spirit

    Resurgence

    Any Means Necessary

    Deliverance

    Left Behind

    Fast Track

    Detective's Hunch

    Boil Over

    Still far from the "survivors should not have any perks" but maybe one day?

    Dont forget Inner Strength on release, Soul Guard, Appraisal, Fast Track, Flashbang, and Residual Manifest. Oh also Boon Exponential

  • I don't see how woo is problematic.

    It is useful yeah but it won't turn you into god. Knowing where windows and pallets are doesn't mean killers can't get you.

  • So instead of buffing extremely weak perks like Poised, Territorial Imperative, Buckle Up, Fire Up, etc., we're dedicating our time to bashing an information perk? What's next. Kindred gets a nerf now?

  • Windows of Opportunity is henceforth renamed to....

    FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE!!!!

    Also, I know a lot of people are hatng on Zanshin, but there are a few killers on which it can absolutely carry (especially early game) due to the nature of their powers.

    Which ones? I'll never tell!

    Other mild bonus is instantly knowing wall spawns.

    I realize it sucks on a lot of killers, too, but a lot of people here have a very narrow view of what perks are useful/even fun, and it shows on their posts day in day out.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3198837#Comment_3198837

    "Some."

    There will always be people who complain about things that provide their opponent any form of advantage.

    Well to please them we would have to remove every survivor perk and items. Probably that's not enough for them still as nothing is.

  • It doesn't need a nerf at all. If you run it long enough, you learn where the vaults and pallets are likely to be so you can remove the perk for something more useful. Yes, not running it means you won't know if that pallet is still available, but still, there are much better uses of that perk slot once you get the hang the maps.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3198837#Comment_3198837

    "Some."

    There will always be people who complain about things that provide their opponent any form of advantage.

    Literally exactly why I said some in my post, but thank you for explaining.

  • I don't give a piece of flying crap that you "play killer and survivor 50/50." Doesn't make your argument any better. It honestly makes me view it worse, since you have to feel the need to mention that you supposedly play 50/50 on each side.


    And no, your reasoning is garbage, no offense. Or should I say, lack of one.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3198845#Comment_3198845

    Well to please them we would have to remove every survivor perk and items. Probably that's not enough for them still as nothing is.

    Then ignore them as unreasonable instead of painting others up to be like them.

  • @alpaca_boyyy said:

    Before anyone types “use Zashin Tactics” I’m not wasting a perk slot for that trash. Survivors run WOO to learn how to loop, cool, it’s fine. It or really needs some sort of range nerf or cool-down. I know it previously did and it was trash so idk. But I really think it’s an unfair advantage.. why are prestige 80 people still running it… and I play killer and survivor 50/50 sooo…

    why are some people that high up using that weak perk? lmaoo

  • @alpaca_boyyy said:

    Before anyone types “use Zashin Tactics” I’m not wasting a perk slot for that trash. Survivors run WOO to learn how to loop, cool, it’s fine. It or really needs some sort of range nerf or cool-down. I know it previously did and it was trash so idk. But I really think it’s an unfair advantage.. why are prestige 80 people still running it… and I play killer and survivor 50/50 sooo…

    ...all perks are an advantage

  • @EvilSerje said:

    "Nerf Windows of Opportunity", from the creators of "Securing my kill", "Don't care about someone fun" and "doing my objective".

    But I know the solution for Windows of Opportunity: let's remove windows and pallets from every map. Interesting what next complain would be?

    It’ll be that two survivors start the trial hooked and they they shouldn’t get a speed boost after a hit…

  • @drakolyr said:

    Change it? Ok!

    Lets add the effect to other survivors aswell if someone brings it. :)

    Boon: Window of opportunity

    Make it happen, lol

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @Rogue11 said:

    I hate this perk so much. Watching bad survivors follow Google Maps to camp every pallet is absolutely depressing. It takes away every bit of map knowledge/game sense.

    The old cooldown made it fair. You were still given the information but had to actually use your brain to remember the layouts between uses.

    Is Mindbreaker actually effective as a counter? Not worth trying Third Seal as it is easily breakable...

    Well the blindness only lasts 5 seconds after they let go of the gen, which barely does something, cuz prior to repair they could have scouted the zone before being affected by it. Since Third Seal is out of the table, i guess the best thing are blindness ad-ons.

  • @alpaca_boyyy said:

    Before anyone types “use Zashin Tactics” I’m not wasting a perk slot for that trash. Survivors run WOO to learn how to loop, cool, it’s fine. It or really needs some sort of range nerf or cool-down. I know it previously did and it was trash so idk. But I really think it’s an unfair advantage.. why are prestige 80 people still running it… and I play killer and survivor 50/50 sooo…

    Maybe because I soloQ and need to know if the default Dwight dropped shack pallet before I get there

  • Windows Of Opportunity is fine. It's a good beginner perk and besides, the survivors would still know how to loop based off of game knowledge. WOO just helps with it a little.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    A perk that literally just gives nearby map information to one survivor, and it's still complained about... 🙄

    Completely agree, and I apply that to killer as well. I don't accept any of this "BBQ is OP, Lethal is OP, Compound 21 is OP." It's aura reading. There's no speed boost, no instadown, no debuffs, nothing.

  • @SpaghettiVase said:

    Love how you instantly shoot down Zanshin Tactics as a trash perk when it would literally just be the same information like you can't complain if you have the exact same tools at your disposal dude.

    Some people use Zanshin on Doctor as well.

  • Perks are op everybody should be basekit

  • Not y’all mad as hell 🤭, loved waking up reading this.

  • WoO is fine, on both sides, in every skill bracket. Not entirely useless and not unjustifiably broken, its simply fair. Leave it alone

  • Are you kidding me? People are now complaining about Windows of Opportunity now.

  • @alpaca_boyyy said:

    Before anyone types “use Zashin Tactics” I’m not wasting a perk slot for that trash. Survivors run WOO to learn how to loop, cool, it’s fine. It or really needs some sort of range nerf or cool-down. I know it previously did and it was trash so idk. But I really think it’s an unfair advantage.. why are prestige 80 people still running it… and I play killer and survivor 50/50 sooo…

    Nerf Lethal Pursuer while you're at it too.

1 2 ›