Blight OP?

I really don't understand how people see him as overpowered. I mean he's a good killer with good map pressure and it's fair to say some of his addons could use a nerf but I'm really confused as to how his basekit is overpowered. People tend to lump him in with the Nurse when, at least IMO, he is no where near as good as her and unlike her doesn't ignore certain game mechanics. As I said it's totally fair to say he's a strong killer with good potential but saying he needs a nerf seems a little weird to me.

Comments

  • @RavenzZ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181814#Comment_3181814

    Ok, playing for multiple years doesn't mean you're going against good people though. You rank resets, not as bad as it used to, but it still can put you back down if you don't play killer enough for a long period of time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with not playing killer if you don't find it fun, but if you don't play a lot then you won't end up with great players. MMR also hasn't been around forever, back in the day it was just 20-1 and the game would try its best to put you with relevant ranks, and so not all of your years of playing are taken into account by MMR.

    Sure. Whatever helps you decide your argument is truth and makes you feel superior about not winning as much. Though I would wager that you're just lying to make your argument more credible.

    Fact of the matter, I find blight unpleasant to go against. Just like huntress and her corner curving hatchets or Legion and forever mending, it not fun. Nothing you can say or do will make him feel fun to go against.

  • @Nihlus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181831#Comment_3181831

    Sure. Whatever helps you decide your argument is truth and makes you feel superior about not winning as much. Though I would wager that you're just lying to make your argument more credible.

    Fact of the matter, I find blight unpleasant to go against. Just like huntress and her corner curving hatchets or Legion and forever mending, it not fun. Nothing you can say or do will make him feel fun to go against.

    Not finding it fun to go against is perfectly fine and valid. But it's important to understand that not having fun against something does not mean it's overpowered.

  • @RavenzZ said:

    I really don't understand how people see him as overpowered. I mean he's a good killer with good map pressure and it's fair to say some of his addons could use a nerf but I'm really confused as to how his basekit is overpowered. People tend to lump him in with the Nurse when, at least IMO, he is no where near as good as her and unlike her doesn't ignore certain game mechanics. As I said it's totally fair to say he's a strong killer with good potential but saying he needs a nerf seems a little weird to me.

    Cuz People Can't Possibly Digest the amount of braincells used to play him

  • @Takeda_Nobutada said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346068/blight-op

    Cuz People Can't Possibly Digest the amount of braincells used to play him

    Facts

  • It's not just blight


    Nurse-Billy-Nemesis-Pyramid head


    Overall Killers need to use more of their brains to win


    Cuz The slightest things are in favor of survivors


    Starting from Camera To Map designs



    Try finishing a loop in New myers map

  • I think basekit Blight is pretty balanced.

    Definitely strong, but not super oppressive.


    It's his add-ons. His add-ons are so good.

    C33, Alc Ring, Blighted Crow and Rat ect ect

  • @Brokenbones said:

    It's his addons that make people say he's OP

    mainly alch ring and compound 33 I think? IDK if Adren vial counts since it at least has a downside

    I saw someone say Alch ring was balanced in a video once, I don't know how they came to that conclusion but I think it was a very misguided one.

    I would like to take this thread to once again inform people of adrenaline vials downsides that you would never know unless you played with it.

    Adrenaline vial is extremely good when put up against people who just want to pre drop pallets, that really is its best attribute. But along with it's decreased turn rate comes a lack of directional velocity and a worse ability to try and get collision due to the longer amount of time it takes for the rush direction to start turning. What I mean by "directional velocity"(I'm using Liliths terms here). Basically once you start the lunge phase of your lethal rush you are committed to that direction, meaning anyone who knows how to wiggle or spin can easily dodge you unless you get a shoulder flick. A shoulder flick is just using the large extremely short initial hitbox blight gets at the start of a lethal rush to guarantee a hit when blights hitbox is connected to the survivor. Any map with finicky collision becomes way harder if you are running this add-on. Now that's not to say that the combo of c33/adrenaline vial isn't extremely busted, but that's really just how op c33 is not adrenaline vial.

    @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181705#Comment_3181705

    alch ring was more tolerable pre 6.1.0 now survs will gain negative distance with ti lol

    I definitely think it was way more doable to go against alch ring before 6.1.0. That 10% less distance really take's away a lot of safety from survivor's now. When I use it, I do kinda feel bad because some maps depending on where you get hit just don't allow you to make it anywhere now. Though I also feel survivor's play against ring wrong, if you are trying to b-line it to a tile a good bit away knowing blight has alch-ring that was your mistake. Especially when you got hit at a long wall with the pallet still up. If you run into a blight with alch ring play the tile until you have a better understanding of the distance you can make on him before he catches up.

    I also think survivors assume everyone uses alch ring/green speed because of the power level it gives but in reality its more like

    Alch ring = rush more, more rush more fun. Green speed = rush faster, faster rush more fun. Though I am not saying this is all blights thinking or anything like that.


    Neither of these statements were directed at the quoted posters, just piggy backing.

  • @Nihlus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181768#Comment_3181768

    He can swing around corners. This is flat out wrong. You can't just juke the hit. You need a big, open area and plenty of distance already in order to turn and avoid a hit.

    But I don't expect anyone on this forum to be anything but severely biased in favor of killers. No one will be happy here until survivors spawn on hooks.

    If he lunges around a corner you can 100% juke a hit and has been done in comp matches which is a joke of a community but still shows you can juke a blight.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181705#Comment_3181705

    I would like to take this thread to once again inform people of adrenaline vials downsides that you would never know unless you played with it.

    Adrenaline vial is extremely good when put up against people who just want to pre drop pallets, that really is its best attribute. But along with it's decreased turn rate comes a lack of directional velocity and a worse ability to try and get collision due to the longer amount of time it takes for the rush direction to start turning. What I mean by "directional velocity"(I'm using Liliths terms here). Basically once you start the lunge phase of your lethal rush you are committed to that direction, meaning anyone who knows how to wiggle or spin can easily dodge you unless you get a shoulder flick. A shoulder flick is just using the large extremely short initial hitbox blight gets at the start of a lethal rush to guarantee a hit when blights hitbox is connected to the survivor. Any map with finicky collision becomes way harder if you are running this add-on. Now that's not to say that the combo of c33/adrenaline vial isn't extremely busted, but that's really just how op c33 is not adrenaline vial.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3181706#Comment_3181706

    I definitely think it was way more doable to go against alch ring before 6.1.0. That 10% less distance really take's away a lot of safety from survivor's now. When I use it, I do kinda feel bad because some maps depending on where you get hit just don't allow you to make it anywhere now. Though I also feel survivor's play against ring wrong, if you are trying to b-line it to a tile a good bit away knowing blight has alch-ring that was your mistake. Especially when you got hit at a long wall with the pallet still up. If you run into a blight with alch ring play the tile until you have a better understanding of the distance you can make on him before he catches up.

    I also think survivors assume everyone uses alch ring/green speed because of the power level it gives but in reality its more like

    Alch ring = rush more, more rush more fun. Green speed = rush faster, faster rush more fun. Though I am not saying this is all blights thinking or anything like that.

    Neither of these statements were directed at the quoted posters, just piggy backing.

    i mean you could apply that logic to nurse range before 6.2.0 "more speed more fun" it's not fun for the other side though,is it

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182281#Comment_3182281

    i mean you could apply that logic to nurse range before 6.2.0 "more speed more fun" it's not fun for the other side though,is it

    It's almost like I stated it was op and lack decent counter play now. I was stating the reason for it's high usage. If you are playing nurse with those add-ons on the other hand you are going into the game to destroy. It would be like if I took iri tag alch ring or iri tag green speed.

  • You nailed it. When people talk about the strength of Blight, they're factoring in his best add-ons, perks, and techs. Base Blight is something to scoff at. You have to respect pallets, you're weak to windows, you're not going terribly fast, and your hitbox on your power is inconsistent. Sometimes I honestly feel more attached to him due to his aesthetic rather than his gameplay. He's not S tier, because that spot is reserved for Nurse and nobody comes close, so he's really A tier, and that's with him running strong stuff.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    It's his addons that make people say he's OP

    mainly alch ring and compound 33 I think? IDK if Adren vial counts since it at least has a downside

    I saw someone say Alch ring was balanced in a video once, I don't know how they came to that conclusion but I think it was a very misguided one.

    It's not about being balanced, because high rarity stuff is imbalanced on both sides, just not to a crazy degree like people make it out to be. Do pink and purple add-ons not deserve to be strong? They're hardly without counter either. Alchemist's Ring may refresh the rush tokens, but that still doesn't allow an instant follow-up attack, and the counterplay to his rush did not change. Compound 33 has less counterplay, but you basically have to juggle playing safe while also not throwing pallets down constantly. Adrenaline Vial definitely isn't OP, even though people will die on a hill arguing the opposite.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    Alch Ring/C33 are the only real main offenders. Ring needs a rework, C33 would be fine if the Hinder was removed.

    C21 is also bad design and should probably get a rework.

    How is Compound 21 bad design?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Speed add-ons makes him insane.

    But consider how much control and precision it takes for the killer player to land those high speed rush hits. It's not as if the survivor is running out in the open in a straight line.

  • Mid-chase non-stop-continuous aura reveal makes mindgaming impossible. Which is why all sources of in-chase aura reading should be situational or restricted. Eg, I'm All Ears has a 40s cooldown and requires a rushed action and can be countered by having someone else in the 48m do it so the one in chase won't be revealed and only works for a few seconds. Floods of Rage requires an unhook from a Scourge Hook and only works for a few seconds. So on and so forth.

    C21's only "requirement" is essentially just slam an object in chase and you’ll almost always be in range for the effect. Can be done however many times you need it up to the number of your slams, can be done every single chase, etc. Blood Amber is bad design for similar reasons. Until that key runs out of charges, it is literally impossible to mindgame unless the killer has on-demand Undetectable they can use mid-chase.

  • @RavenzZ said:

    I really don't understand how people see him as overpowered. I mean he's a good killer with good map pressure and it's fair to say some of his addons could use a nerf but I'm really confused as to how his basekit is overpowered. People tend to lump him in with the Nurse when, at least IMO, he is no where near as good as her and unlike her doesn't ignore certain game mechanics. As I said it's totally fair to say he's a strong killer with good potential but saying he needs a nerf seems a little weird to me.

    https://medal.tv/games/dead-by-daylight/clips/AmBr1Fm7YHJWT/d1337cAStcoP?invite=cr-MSxXUnQsNzQ1MDk2ODcs


    people mostly talk about addons when it comes to blight and rightly so. Blight himself is fine but his addons desperately need to be looked at.

  • Because he's not op at all? He's strong. But it's OK to have a handful of strong killers considering how bad a lot of them are.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182711#Comment_3182711

    It's really not that difficult to land hits against most players, even on controller. The starting hitbox is chunky and the bump logic on most maps is simple.

    So a survivor has never done a wiggle and caused you to miss? You pretty much have to start the hit as you're touching them, or do it early but commit to one direction or the other. It isn't as easy as landing a basic attack, I'll tell you that.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3182708#Comment_3182708

    Mid-chase non-stop-continuous aura reveal makes mindgaming impossible. Which is why all sources of in-chase aura reading should be situational or restricted. Eg, I'm All Ears has a 40s cooldown and requires a rushed action and can be countered by having someone else in the 48m do it so the one in chase won't be revealed and only works for a few seconds. Floods of Rage requires an unhook from a Scourge Hook and only works for a few seconds. So on and so forth.

    C21's only "requirement" is essentially just slam an object in chase and you’ll almost always be in range for the effect. Can be done however many times you need it up to the number of your slams, can be done every single chase, etc. Blood Amber is bad design for similar reasons. Until that key runs out of charges, it is literally impossible to mindgame unless the killer has on-demand Undetectable they can use mid-chase.

    Considering Compound 21 and Blood Amber keys are rarely seen, I don't think they're problematic. If that was the meta then I'd understand, but it's like that one guy, hope it wasn't you, saying that we should nerf Clown's Cigar Box. It's something that so few people even complain about, it can't be that strong. It's unfortunate that I'm All Ears and Floods of Rage have those restrictions on them, but those are their activation conditions. If they didn't have those, the perks wouldn't exist. All these aura reading things at least require some sort of trigger, something you have to do to see auras, and that can be as simple as equipping the add-on and using your power.

  • So long as Hug Tech remains in the game he’s on par with Nurse. Not really any counterplay

  • Blight without addons is weak af, blight with cringe addons is op.

    Even with hug tech if he doesn't use addons he's not that big of a deal

  • @Star99er said:

    So long as Hug Tech remains in the game he’s on par with Nurse. Not really any counterplay

    There is a ton of counterplay.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    People claim he is op because he is op.

    His power ends chases quickly regardless of the survivor's experience and allows for easy map pressure at the same time.

    That's op by definition.

    'regardless of the survivors experience'

    I'm 100% certain that you have never watched a good player go against blight and are only making this claim based on your own experiences.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3183983#Comment_3183983

    Oh they've done that plenty of times, but I chalk that up to my bad reaction time + the inability to full flick in 2 frames on controller.

    I just don't find him to be that difficult in comparison to a lot of other killers. Prolly because he isn't as screwed over by BHVR's lack of controller options and his mobility makes up for any shortcomings of skill.

    It is harder to play him on console. I've had misses with his power that essentially felt like the hit got vacuumed back towards me. The flick, as you mentioned, isn't possible. His mobility isn't enough. Mobile killers are only a threat if they can get the down, and that's proven by the rarity of Hillbilly and Demogorgon at top level, because they do have mobility but they have to have so much go right for them to get a down.

  • Ive been learning blight for the past month or two. Base is strong and fair. His addons are really strong but i think it makes up for his high skill ceiling. Reward good gameplay. He definitely has counterplay. Also keep in mind that the hug tech is being removed so that will definitely nerf him .

1 2 ›