######### is wrong with BHVR?
According to people, the new DLC releases tomorrow. On a Tuesday... Weird enough.
But they also haven't given us any announcements to that fact. One guy found something on a small game news site. And that seems to be what everyone believes.
What's wrong with BHVR? This is a big drop. One they announced at the game awards. But with 0 information on when it would be available.
Add into it they regularly patch this game without telling us what they patched. The term "Shadow Buff/Nerf" gets thrown around a lot. That's a serious problem. Legally.
I bought this game. Once it's on my computer it is my property. they are changing my property without notifying me 1: that they are doing it and 2: what they are actually changing. This effects the use of my property..
BHVR needs to step up their communication.
Comments
You bought a license to play the game. Don't sign contracts (like the EULA) without reading them.
They still need to inform the players of changes to the game. why are you defending this practice?
Not really. In fact their anti-cheating, since it takes place on servers that aren't theirs, is in a legal grey area too. Again,k why are you defending the lack of communication? do you enjoy them changing your killers and survivors without tellign you, and you have to figure it out in game? Is that why you gave them money?
It depends on the terms of the EULA which you clearly didn't read. Why are you pretending I'm defending this practice when I'm just pointing out that you didn't read a contract before signing it?
You do know you can turn off auto-update and when a patch is released, view the patch notes before deciding if you want to download it or not
Careful, you're defending this practice by pointing out the obvious.
Behavior always acted like this.
Big drop?
Wouldnt say that, just another unviable killer and creating another survivor crutch
But BHVR has alwasy been terrible when it comes to communication. There isnt even information about the dedicated server stuff on their homepage, you gotta visit the forum and search in the news category for that
Totally not your property, son.
I miss my LoL button...
Welcome to gaming. You have no rights after signing EULA.
A streamer just had his entire Origins game library wiped for streaming a beta under nda.
That's why you don't sign without reading.
Source / Link?
It's an NDA. People can and do go to jail for violating them. If playing games is more important than reading the rules to which you're agreeing to under (a potential) penalty of a prison sentence, then you've got your priorities backwards.
We need the "LOL" button back.
It really wasn't. You'd be surprised how many people would say what you did with a straight face.
Hello @SmokePotion
I am taking the time to clarify a bit on the questions / feedback you have:
From the EULA
Who tf reads a 20paged EULA though?
Not saying it's 20 pages but my god, do I really have to read through all of that? Why not just a half #!"/ page with clear words?
Don't tell me, I do know why.
Just think it's a bit ridiculous...
Wowzers... someone has an ax to grind.
Didn't wake up on the proper side of the bed this morning?
Funny BS post...
I like how people in North America think they own the games they purchase on Steam.
Anyways... Who cares if they didn't come over to your house to tell you the EXACT release moment of the new DLC. Seriously.... LULS.
OH NO THE SKY IS FALLING!
Complaining about shadow nerfs etc... So you one of those try hard number crunchers... MUST KNOW EXACT MILLISECOND TIMING OF WINDOW VAULT WHILE RUNNING RESILIENCE... OH MY GOD... IT IS .001 MS OUT!.... WHAT IS THIS NERF!
not_Queen dropping the Mic. We love You!!!
But we wan't our LOL button back...
Also, who tf streams a beta without looking into if its NDA covered or not?? Lot of beta watermark your screen to ensure you dont get away with it.
The way that reads then Twitch is not allowed either for "non-commercial" use. Just saying!
Nope. Twitch is entertainment. Donations are just that - donations. You don't have to pay to watch, last I checked.
"From time to time, BHVR may provide you with updates or modifications to the Game."
And yet here I am, still waiting on the update that removes DS
Woo, made it big time!
I'm not saying you can't make updates. I'm saying it's your legal responsibility to explain, in detail, your updates to the game.We should not have to find out about changes by playing and being surprised by them. You do not list all the changes in your patch notes.
And this post seems to have taken a hard turn somewhere, since the main point of the post is that you, as a company, do not communicate very well with your playerbase One of the points is patch notes. The other was things like the new chapter release date not having any space on the official site or forums, and instead requires people to hunt down the info.
Here's a third one, the news on the main site is still the summer BBQ info.
The TLDR of it all is that you guys, at least to me, are putting out a very unprofessional vibe.
"On a Tuesday" you realize for years and years now movies and games are nearly almost always released on a Tuesday?
Also, you own DBD. Why are you complaining to use then? Tell those Devs what you want in the game or else fire them!
While I disagree on your take of the EULA, and believe that they have a right to do whatever they want with the game, I do agree that they are not effective in building hype for their releases, especially among casual players.
But maybe they don't need to build hype to be successful. Some companies can just make money regardless of promotions/communication.
The myth of signing a contract=it's legal now baffles me.
EULA/ToS VERY often are void in many countries.
Is that relevant for this particular instance? Is there a piece of legislation on any country on Earth where DbD is sold that both supersedes the EULA and forces game developers to do what the OP is complaining about?
no just pointing it out because I'm sick and tired of ppl wanting other people to act decent, respectful and want them to take responsibility for what they're doing. That is not the way we should grow up in the west.
So you just wanted to raise an irrelevant issue. If you want anarchy, try Somalia back when they had no government. I hear it was a paradise.
OP signed a legal contract without reading it. OP is now making demands that go outside the terms of said legal contract. OP is in the wrong here, end of story.
No he's not neccesarily, Verbraucherschutz would like to have a word with you.
I know NOBODY who reads TOS of a friggin GAME.
I'll make sure to support this user in every post he'll do
Stop, it's very clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
They have no legal obligation to tell you anything, even more so for an update that isn't even out yet. Stop being so entitled.
With all due respect, if you don't like how they run their company you are free to take your business elsewhere. They own the game, you purchased the right to play it. If they don't want to inform us when the DLC is going to be released it is in their right to do so - as with their patch notes and any other updates.
LOL, what? That is exactly what human beings should be learning. Nice Troll post.
Germany and merkel can do no wrong and we have TONS of instances in place where you can just act irresponsibly with little consequence. It's 2018 dude.
First thing. No sadly with alot of games now a days you dont own them. They are "licensed" to you which means they can do whatever they want with it no matter what. You know that EULA you agreed to or couldnt play? yea. Thats what that is.
Again in some countries you can take them to court, the cost is mostly just too high for such a petty thing.
There problem solved.
To all the legal know it alls saying the EULA/TOS aren't valid go ahead and violate either one and see what happens No cout in the world has so far ruled in favor of any of the people that've tried the nonsense that's being spouted and won.
Also it's not that hard to read the fine print pretty quickly to make sure what your rights are and what the game companies are.
There's a TON of void EULA clauses out there, you basically signing them doesn't mean you won't win in court.
I signed a ton of ######### ToS were void and a mere threat with my lawyer would get me what I want.
For example I got into a contract with a gambling site through subscribing to a magazine, it was part of the ToS of the free mag, part of the ToS was that I could only quit the contract before the first payment if I handed in a copy of the receipt for the magazine which ding ding ding is illegal in germany, therefore the contract was void in it's entirety.
Sure I got a SCHUFA entry in great britain (can't remember their name, it's not SCHUFA but heck it's been over 10 years, it was some credit rating company) now but call me short sighted but why the heck would I care about that.