Only reason for solo queue
It seems like the only reason left to play solo queue is to do dailies and rift challenges in games that don't really matter bc nobody seems like they're even trying anymore.
It seems like the only reason left to play solo queue is to do dailies and rift challenges in games that don't really matter bc nobody seems like they're even trying anymore.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Rift challenges are one of the worst inclusions in the game. Sure, it's nice to earn bonus points, but it causes people to play in a way they normally wouldn't to fulfill some stupid and arbitrary task. The worst case is they outright tank the game. Dailies at least require an aspect of normal game functions.
What’s the point of trying when BHVR has assigned us as collateral damage? Tbf I always try, but goddammit it’s challenging some days lol
I get where you're coming from, but there's no one right way to play the game to begin with. The devs have stated as much by saying DBD is more akin to a party game than a competitive e-sport.
To some, rift challenges are more fun than "playing the game."
100% agree.
I hear you loud and clear.
If I've learned anything, it's to never take what BVHR says at face value. There's no way this is a party game. It certainly shouldn't have tournaments and I'm glad they refuse to sponsor them. There is a level of competition that should exist but some people here play like they're gonna win buckets of money after. I wish I could find it but on Reddit about 3 or 4 years back, there was a dev stream where they couldn't even down one survivor on an SWF team. I haven't seen a stream in a while but I was shocked by how bad some of them are at the game. If anyone doesn't know how to properly play, it's them.
I can see those aspects.
😮😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😭
That's true enough. On the other end of the spectrum, I've been making rift challenges my main source of fun solely BECAUSE I've been stuck with teammates who don't play well. The alternative is massive frustration lol.
That is exactly where my brain went today. I was thinking that maybe I could just concentrate on rift challenges for fun, unless I end up with a good team.
This is a negative of solo queue I always forget. Survivors playing ineffective because of badly designed archive challenges.
Well, that's fair.
At this point all I care about is chasing the killer for a long while. If I do, I'm content with the match, because I know there's nothing more I can do to secure the win, my teammates are holding me back in that game because they decided they wanna have a party in the basement.
one of the big issues r the bad matchmaking, i play dbd nearly 4 years (95% solo q) and have never so unfun like in that time (after the patch-buff for killer) my solo mates are so bad they go faster down and make even fewer gens than before the patch, killing self on the hook-DCing and more... that is why i stop playing, why i do play solo q when i get that mates ? you never see experienced players being made with newbies, in dbd you do: hundred hours of players being run over by killers (who are mostly not good either). and no matter how good and experienced you are, you will be destroyed simply because your mates can't do anything, For me I said "ok I'm out until the patch, let's see if it stays that far, I'd rather play other games than give myself that"
I made the statement after I was made with 50 hours of player, I mean I have more than 7k hours, a well as Killer and Im Survivor main, I could play Killer but it's boring there too because it's not fun hundred hours of player done close
Solo q is hell, killer is too easy (of course it can happen match against a 4 man swf with 5k+ hours) but this is one of the few moments where killer is fun, mostly you just meet inexperienced players (what Tru3 calls to them "Chill Survivor" xD) also bad players
Solution ? a buff for solo q, better matchmaking, id rather be in the queue for over 5 mins than be made out with those bad survivor mates
or nerf swf, as with the gens 2 swf a little handicap, 3 man swf, more then before, 4 man swf, more then before
So the essence of your post is captured in that last sentence: git gud. Sage advice, really.
It's not that nobodies trying it just feels like they're not because you spend ages on a gen and it's just useless because killers run 4x slow down perks and the gen times got buffed as well, I could literally be trying to complete a gen in solo queue for what feels like 3-4 minutes because of deadlock, pain res, eruption etc. It's so boring since the update I can only manage 2-3 rounds a time then I have to play something else. Used to love this game. :/
O well hopefully devs are happy with the increased kill rates? And the fact they're trying to bring survivors back with lowering prices and giving 5 more seconds of base kit BT (which will do nothing to stop tunnelling) is a bit sad.
For the most part I agree.
After patch 6.1.0 I have almost stopped playing SoloQ altogether unless there is an archive challenge. I'm planning on playing in survivor again in 10 days when page 4 drops. Hopefully I do well enough to push my survivor grade into Iri. I used to really enjoy playing SoloQ.
Just join a discord and join a SWF. Literally that easy. There’s so many ways to avoid solo.
The game doesn't reward survivors for trying. If The Killer has a few brain cells the outcome is determined.
You’re something of a pariah around these parts, but I really think you speak truthfully about the solo queue survivor experience. These forums have a very clear killer lean, so it’s good that people haven’t driven you away from here.
I dunno what you guys are all talking about. Yeah, soloQ is apparently the hard mode of the game, but queue times are so fast that if I get tunnelled and camped I am just back inc the next game within 2min. And contrary to most stories here, I don't get camped every single game,nor 5 games in a row and while I got a decent number of awful survivor buddies,I don't get hook-suiciders and DCers every match,either.
I am having an fun in soloQ and at least my game are not half as and as anyone else's commenting here. But maybe that's just different perception due to different expectations? I don't expect to escape every game. Often enough I get caught and sacrificed at the last gen, but that game was still fun and I walk out with 22k BP or something, so I would count that as a good game,while others might be sad and downtrodden, calling the game utter crap.
Survivors have been too afraid to speak up and that's why the game is really failing hard and survivors overnerfed and killers over buffed, constantly. Survivors shouldn't be so easy to be silenced or intimidated.
Sluzzy this is a video game, not an authoritarian regime
Stop with the melodrama
You. Me. Shack after school. Don't forget to bring your flashlight.
A video game with two sides.
"git gud" (I really hate teenybopper buzzwords), is the war cry of the talentless. Watching someone fumble around on a game they helped create and observing that is hardly the same thing. In your case it sounds like if the shoe fits...
"Hey, everyone. When I play solo and have my game ruined by someone playing for an invisible trophy, I just move on. Surely that's a universal sentiment"
Whatever rows your boat definitely doesn't mine, and vis a vis. I am still kinda curious what you tried to convey, though.
Yup. I feel guilty asf doing challenges in games now. I feel like I need to be on a gen or I'm throwing the game for the team.
I'm getting into so many games where players can't even do skill checks. It's awful.
I do not feel guilty at all. I do what I have to do. I do not like it and I would prefer not to, but I have no regrets.
Oh, this is why they released MMR and ban for disconnects? Because it's just a party game? Now it all makes sense!
I don't understand this poster either. They're very incoherent. They've been suspended or something now, so I guess they're also problematic. Best to avoid them.
I assumed they were using some sort of translation program and that english wasn't their native language. Who knows though?
This is the problem with this game. The community tells anyone thats new or casual that they suck at the game because they have a life and don't have 6000+ hours at the game. The game is designed to only cater to those that play non stop and anyone else is SOL. Its a bad business model for BHVR and its bad for the game for the community to treat players that way. It unfortunate that you are part of the problem.
You really couldn't tell? It was mockery with a sarcastic interpretation. If you think my posts are incoherent, that tells me you're used to most things being in a meme format. Sorry :(