Survivor Mains Still Upset With these Changes?
Granted neither side is ever very happy but, are you Survivor mains still upset saying camping and tunneling still needs to be nerfed? You guys got the 10 second bt basekit now so I don't see why not. Also I heard some are saying Reassurance is dead? It's not dead until you try it nobody has used it in the live servers.
Comments
Now DBD come back to survivor sided again.
Devs reverse MoM nerf but not reverse thanatophobia nerf.
Old thana should return.
Camping will likely be rare next patch, but tunneling still hasn't been addressed. I would have liked to see a DS buff, baseline borrowed time is useless because everyone is going to be running OTR anyway. So realistically nothing changed for tunneling.
You were saying it was survivor sided before this dev update so don’t give us that.
10 sec base kit endurance and 10 seconds of 110% speed.
Dude. Yes tunneling has been adressed. Adressed doesnt mean obliterated. The changes are extremely good.
I think BT will rotate back into meta. 20 seconds of haste and endurance is something most killers can't deal with
Some people are not going to be happy unless the devs make it physically impossible to tunnel a survivor out of the game. Which is never going to happen.
The nerf to tunneling is fantastic. But it doesn't affect camping a lot. We just need a few more nerfs to camping, nothing crazy, and then the game will be in the best state it's ever been.
My suggestions are still simply increasing the hook phase duration from 60 to 70 seconds, and removing hook grabs. This would not nerf killers in a particularly significant way, or in any real way, honestly, as long as the killer doesn't actually camp, it would just give survivors a better and fairer fighting chance against camping killers, which something survivors still need. Camping is just still too effective at the moment, considering how little skill it takes, and considering the fact that killers received a bunch of baseline buffs not long ago.
No idea how those perks even compare. MoM is still mainly just going to be a meme perk. Thana coupled with 90 second gens was just op. It definitely does not need to be reverted in any way or form.
I will be happy when a change actually effects tunneling.
yeah, like increasing the speed boost from an unhook?
Eh, they had a literal fix for face camping the hook, and now it is more of a deterrent. I could see why people who hate face camping would be disappointed. They went a wee bit too far with that nerf.
I never had a problem with survivors using MoM when I play killer as, to get it to work, you had to put yourself in harms way. Should you fail...well, the outcome is obvious. IMO, it should always be a High Risk High Reward perk.
For the idea of reverting Thana...what about making it so that its effect did not activate with Deep Wounds and/or the Broken Status? That'd keep it strong but limit its use on the two killers it was a problem on.
then you call us whiners, the MoM was unusable you have to admit, but the thanatophobia even after the nerf still works, but only on specific killers which by the way is still strong,
Honestly speaking, I'd rather they nerfed the call of Brine than Thanatophobia, because Thanatophobia slowed down generators even in chase,Call of Brine you need to finish chases to use it, that is, it is only effective against less efficient survs
Edit: MoM wasn't modified to be nerfed but buffed, so they reverted it because the perk wasn't buffed with their ideas, so they tweaked it again
I don't think Ressurance is dead, it's doing what it needs, at least it avoids players Meme messing with other survs, now, killers complain that the camping and tunnel are being nerfed, it gives me the impression that this is the only way to play this one game, and that there is only one surv to kill
You keep making these posts about Thanatophobia. I don't see how this correlates with Mettle of Man, or why you are so hell-bent on this weirdly specific thing. Thana got overtuned and it resulted in a ton of weird forever Legion matches, so they changed it because that sucked. Mettle of Man was an accidental nerf in the first place that they are now reverting.
I'm happy overall. They've even managed to make Better Than New better to the point where I might actually buy the DLC now. Definitely considering it.
I don't think Reassurance is dead, but it's definitely a SWF perk now than a solo one. Which wasn't necessary since coordinated swfs can usually work around camping by coordinating hook trades and hitting gens. It guarantees SWFs can get the full 90 seconds value, while solo has a very very slim chance of anything better than 30s. And if solo does get that value, it's at the cost of multiple people off gens (because they cant communicate)
Ds should be basekit with 3,5s stun. It would discourage tunneling now instead countin 5 you have to count 10. Ds perk should make it 2 time use. Also the stun should be longer agains't antiloop killers or disable their power for 5s.
Reassurance is just a bad perk...
1) it's perk someone else has to take for you to benefit - I'm not counting on this happening in solo q
2) it's benefit is to allow the survivor hanging on the hook to continue hanging there for longer - I will DC before I spend matches hanging around for even longer doing nothing fun
3) you have to get within 6m to trigger it - killers that could face camp well before can still face camp well. If they want their kill they are still going to get it.
I don't see an upside here. Personally, If I get a camping or tunnelling killer I want out as fast as possible win lose or die
I know I'm just one person, but as a solo survivor I was not concerned in the slightest about being griefed with Reassurance. I've been matched with troll teammates and they're few and far between. Reassurance didnt stop other survivors from being able to unhook me, nor did it stop killers from being able to chase and down the other survivors - including whoever was running the perk. The chances of being kept on hook indefinitely were slim to none, and pretty much only successful if the killer was playing along or decided to go afk.
I don't think it ever left that side tbh. As long as busted maps exist this game will never truly be balanced.
Can you pls stop this nonsence about the killerbuffs? The only real buff is the faster bloodlust, but if it really counts then you chase in wrong ways.
Make animations 0,3 sec faster is not a real buff. Not even with perks. Neither the less speedburst at hits if you not with a mobile, or ranged killer.
I don't think DBD is a problem with camping and tunnel when you're playing with friends because you feel like playing in a team, now when you play solo where the game doesn't consider the players a team,camping becomes a problem because you lose when the killer kills you
I think if the devs created a system that the game worked as a team, like identity V has, camping and tunnel wouldn't be something to complain so much
If you can't make it to a loop with 10 seconds of endurance and 10% movement speed or take the bt hit 9/10 is a skill problem. I do think camping will finally start to die out though as you say.
I would agree with the ds back to 5.
They only made BL 2 and 3 faster. BL 1 was unchanged. You get to at 25 seconds it was 30 and t3 is 35 it was 45. The buffs really don't change much because if you spend 35 seconds with no pallet or hit the game is still probably over.
10 second BT isn't going to stop killers from tunneling. A 5 second DS would.
They will just slug you for 60 seconds to avoid ds as well. 10 seconds of BT and haste gives you a chance to get to a loop and stay alive. If you can't then the 5 second ds isn't going to help you either.
Tunneling needs to happen sometimes so it can't be completely eliminated but it can be discouraged. Camping is the same there's times where survivors put themselves in a 3 gen situation and it would be stupid to not patrol the gens and hook you secured there.
No.