BT basekit buffed to 10 seconds

The haste speed was also increased to 10%. Thoughts???

Comments

  • 10 seconds of basekit i believe is too much and the buffed haste was unneeded. I could get behind maybe 8 second base with 8 seconds added if you have the perk borrowed time. Borrowed time was already a very strong meta perk, dont understand why it needed a huge buff. 20 seconds of endurance with the added haste means that person will be safe always, even 10 seconds at base means that person will be almost always safe. With this new buff 110% killers wont even be able to catch up, survivors will simply easily outrun them.

  • @lifestylee said:

    10 seconds of basekit i believe is too much and the buffed haste was unneeded. I could get behind maybe 8 second base with 8 seconds added if you have the perk borrowed time. Borrowed time was already a very strong meta perk, dont understand why it needed a huge buff. 20 seconds of endurance with the added haste means that person will be safe always, even 10 seconds at base means that person will be almost always safe. With this new buff 110% killers wont even be able to catch up, survivors will simply easily outrun them.

    That is the point.

    Stop tunneling the survivor who just came off the hook and go kill someone else.

  • @xni6_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147741#Comment_3147741

    the solution is fix map balance, and see where the killers lie after that. if killers win chases quicker than survivors do gens, we wont need to tunnel anymore, and everyones happy. fun interactive gameplay

    Saying that Killers won't tunnel is false. People that tunnel will tunnel until a game mechanic stops tunneling from being effective. That's the best way to deal with tunnelling.

    I do agree maps still need reworking though.

  • @xni6_ said:

    too big of a buff. 5 seconds was bad only bc you couldnt make it to shack window from basement, they shouldve made it 7 seconds instead of 10, enough to make it to shack window/pallet from basement, but not enough to make it usable aggressively.

    Lmao used aggressively? If somebody body blocks a doorway for you then instead of counting to 5, count to 10! Now you have a free down.. Wow very aggressive lmfao. Off the record gives them borrowed time for 80 seconds.. it’s like some people don’t think and just love to complain

  • If this can make the killer queues not insufferable anymore then I'm all for it.

  • I feel like 7s is the more fair option, 5 was to short but 10 is way to long, I rather go after the unhooker but now I will have to deal with body blockers every unhook which is extremely lame and will absolutely cause me to tunnel you out of the game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147198#Comment_3147198

    Everyone loves to bring up facecamping Bubba. Let's be real. How many times are people actually seeing Bubba, and I face camping Bubba at that?

    Well, of course I see him all the time. He's me.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147562#Comment_3147562

    Not only is that occurance scarily common in solo queue, but it is still a way for them to deal with it. Especially considering the Never Sleep Pills + Julie's (???) Mixtape combo that, after 2 stabs, lets you zip around the map with ease.

    Still I wouldnt consider it a reliable conter to it which is a good thing tbh

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    The buff won't do anything to combat tunneling.

    OTR grants 80 seconds of Endurance, which clearly wasn't enough to combat tunneling. I'm not sure why people think 5 more seconds of basekit BT will bring about meaningful change.

    Frankly, I'm insulted by the change.

    True that change will do nothing against tunneling, it's too funny reading all these posts crying for such a weak change, I expected a DS buff or something good Idk, I'm sad everytime one of my teammates use DS and die 3 seconds later

    they really don't want to give us anything strong against tunneling it's crazy

  • @Nathan13 said:

    The haste speed was also increased to 10%. Thoughts???

    They just need to make it so you don't have collision for that time. So you can't body block aggressively, and also the killer can't just body block you and wait out the 10 second timer.


    If not that, i'd argue they should make the endurance last 5 seconds again, but buff the haste to like 15 seconds of 20% more movement speed (faster than killer) to actually discourage tunneling while making sure body blocking is discouraged.

  • @Jarky said:

    I think this makes tunnelling less appealing for sure to a degree, and I agree with them buffing it. I still think it'll happen though, unfortunately - hitting the survivor immediately as they come off the hook is something a killer can do with a 5/10/20/80, etc. second endurance, so whilst it may make them less likely to want to, when a lot of killers weigh up a healthy survivor vs an unhooked survivor, they're both 2 hits to down and one can get removed from the game quicker. After DS got nerfed, I think killers just don't find tunnelling AS threatening anymore.

    I still don't agree that this solves camping at all either. They've put it under a 'Camping and Tunelling' subheading but this unhook BT doesn't discourage camping.

    Speaking for myself I often go for the "off the hook hit" if I have the opportunity. Forces them to both leave (no OTR bodyblocking) and forces them to mend (keeping them out of action that little bit longer). I'm also convinced it resulted in me getting a head pop as Pig on at least one occasion.

    Pre-6.1 it also provided potential pressure through a slug.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147206#Comment_3147206

    That's like saying: "If Survivors never loop the saloon in DDS, it's a balanced main building". If the Killer isn't smart enough to use a potentially game winning situation, of course it isn't dangerous.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147222#Comment_3147222

    Nothing is safe,. Main buildings and shack are outdated mechanics.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147272#Comment_3147272

    Downing the unhooker is almost never better than getting a Survivor out of the game faster

    Survivors not looping main building on DDS doesn't suddenly make it balanced. Basement is only dangerous against killers who can quickly get back to the basement in the first place.

    Basement hasn't been truly dangerous for a long time and is outdated. Before Off the Record, Borrowed Time + DS made it so basement wasn't dangerous. Even without those perks, one person running We'll Make It is enough to offset the dangers of basement.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147185#Comment_3147185

    ORRRRRRRRR.

    Down the unhooker instead?!

    Stop tunneling.

    The unhooked survivors like to get in my face

  • They need to nerf bt to 5 bonus seconds, 15s total is a sweet spot

  • @xni6_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147219#Comment_3147219

    the issue is theyre nerfing the solution to a problem they made. tunneling isnt fun, but its necessary.

    unfortunately, instead of looking into why its necessary, they add more and more things to counter it, forcing killers to tunnel even harder, and then survivors complain more, and killer gets more nerfs, then they tunnel more, then they get nerfed more, and then the entire playerbase would be survivors complaining about long queues since all the killers would have left.

    I have to disagree in that tunneling is necessary. You can win without tunneling, without camping, consistently. The more killers tunnel/camp, the more survivors are going to complain and the more it's going to become less and less viable.

  • Big thumbs up to this change. Tunneling has been through the roof since DS got nerfed and the gen times increased.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147465#Comment_3147465

    Is there the data to back this up though? Like I wrote to the other person I just don't see many - hardly see Bubba at all. I watch a lot of streaming play too and hardly see it. I know it's just my experience and that's why I'm not outright dismissing it. I'd like to see a good deal of data from people who record info from their games to see if facecamping Bubba is really that common and I'm just lucky or if people as just throwing out the claim based on their personal experience.

    We don’t need data to see how common basement bubba is.

  • @xni6_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147347#Comment_3147347

    if it does, it gives the survivor a free escape. how exactly is that fair? oh right, favours the side you play exclusively. got it

    @RenRen said:

    So what do you do during endgame now?

    This reminds me of something someone once said: Survivors haven't earned their escape until they've actually escaped. The same is true of killers.

    If you haven't secured a kill by the EGC and the survivors go out of their way to get that 4E and succeed, it means you got outplayed. Just as survivors are not guaranteed escape, killers are not guaranteed kills.

  • I am glad about endurance being 10s but not sure of it needed haste for also 10 seconds. Guess we will see how it plays out on live

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147889#Comment_3147889

    We don’t need data to see how common basement bubba is.

    Well... I mean, you literally do? I genuinely cannot even tell what your assumption is. Is Basement Bubba common or not, from your world view?

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147352#Comment_3147352

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147310#Comment_3147310

    This reminds me of something someone once said: Survivors haven't earned their escape until they've actually escaped. The same is true of killers.

    If you haven't secured a kill by the EGC and the survivors go out of their way to get that 4E and succeed, it means you got outplayed. Just as survivors are not guaranteed escape, killers are not guaranteed kills.

    exactly this

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148129#Comment_3148129

    Well... I mean, you literally do? I genuinely cannot even tell what your assumption is. Is Basement Bubba common or not, from your world view?

    None of the data we get is even reliable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148129#Comment_3148129

    Of course you need data. Makes my head explode someone can state this.

    Read my previous comment.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148129#Comment_3148129

    Of course you need data. Makes my head explode someone can state this.

    Sorry, but why are we even getting caught up in how many people use Bubba to facecamp every hook or not? The fact that it even exists is issue enough. Even if only one Bubba player was out there doing this, it would be a problem.

  • Good god the M1 killers are going to be so ######### trash now they might as well remove the M1 attack and just have them function as scarecrows while survivors run around, gen rushing, clicky clicky, tbagging, body blocking, 360ing etc, this is too funny amazing LUL.


    You thought the killer queue times were slow?


    Prepare for the survivors to be chasing trying to kill each other....

  • You need to change the time required for safe unhooks if you wanna change base by. The reason why it's 5 seconds is because for it to be a safe unhook they gotta not go down for 6 seconds so there's *some* risk involved, you don't wanna just give people free safe unhooks. If you want the base bt to be 10 seconds then you'll have to bump up the time required for a safe unhook to 12-15 seconds.


    That and the point of baseline bt is to prevent immediate farming off the hook, it's not meant to supplement bt. You're supposed to be using the perk if you want to ensure safe unhooks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148129#Comment_3148129

    Of course you need data. Makes my head explode someone can state this.

    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

  • They still need a full hook re-work.

    There are two parties that are still getting the low end of the totem pole: The killer who do not camp and survivors in general.

    I think these devs aren't considering factors like a hook being in a dead zone. 10 seconds mean nothing. They need more practical/meaningful CORE changes. By allowing something like PH's cages, they are giving that survivor more of a chance to "reset" before tanking on a 1v1 because the killer wants to make it easier on themselves by simply singling out that one survivor. Not only that but it would also prevent survivors from insta-farming and allowing the killer to have another free down.

    The simple fact that they added:

    "We released this feature with safe numbers to ensure that things don’t get out of hand."

    When we all knew very well that even regular BT's timer wasn't enough which was already above the 10 seconds they just added, tells me they STILL do not know/understand their own game. It's mind-boggling that they are acting like killers only started camping and tunneling yesterday, when there is a lot of evidence showingcasing the opposite.

    Finally, I love this one...

    Wishful thinking: "We hope you’ll find these improvements to be much more effective in discouraging the Killer from chasing the same Survivor immediately after they’re unhooked."

    Reality:

    Untitled Image


  • @Mat_Sella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147185#Comment_3147185

    ORRRRRRRRR.

    Down the unhooker instead?!

    Stop tunneling.

    What about when the unhooked person runs in front of you so you can't get to the unhooker?

  • @xni6_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147379#Comment_3147379

    you cant. its endgame. you hit someone, they w key out the gates, regardless who it is. if you down them and hook them, a healthy survivor is gonna force you to hit them, then w key out, and during weapon wipe another will get the unhook, youll hit them and thats 4 out. you cannot play normally when the game is over

    And what can you do as surv if only 2 are alive and at least 2 gens are not done?

  • Great change, but I hate how they call the section "Camping and Tunneling". Basekit BT does nothing against camping, only against tunneling.

  • I wouldn't celebrate just yet, tunneling and camping killers are relentless, they'll find a way to ruin this maybe.

    I feel like this is kind of a step in the right direction but it's still not enough. Sure you're safe once you're unhooked, but what about while you're hooked? How can a survivor rescue you from a camping killer without trading or unrealisticly high skill coordination?

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147272#Comment_3147272

    What about when the unhooked person runs in front of you so you can't get to the unhooker?

    Survs dont do this enough, they need to try to take aggro and help their teammate aswell if they dont want them to get tunneled. if i come back and cant find the unhooker im forced to go for the person on the hook. atleast make it somewhat interesting for the killer to go for the others.

  • @lifestylee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148546#Comment_3148546

    Survs dont do this enough, they need to try to take aggro and help their teammate aswell if they dont want them to get tunneled. if i come back and cant find the unhooker im forced to go for the person on the hook. atleast make it somewhat interesting for the killer to go for the others.

    It happens quite often. I've had survivors try and use there 5 seconds seconds bt to bodyblock me.

    It's not that uncommon of a strategy and I will guarantee its about to be more common.

    BHVR just needs to Remove collision to stop it.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148587#Comment_3148587

    It happens quite often. I've had survivors try and use there 5 seconds seconds bt to bodyblock me.

    It's not that uncommon of a strategy and I will guarantee its about to be more common.

    BHVR just needs to Remove collision to stop it.

    So they take the hit righter after an unhook. Then what? They aren't going to be making much distance to another tile. At the very least, they'll need to mend. At worst, right onto the hook again for them.

  • @VoidOfMe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147588#Comment_3147588

    what?

    why did you bring trapper at all then?

    we were talking about game changes that were needed and you didn't like them and used the example of a struggling trapper that went into the end game with 3 survivors alive on cowshed, making it seem like that's how most games end up. You just don't wanna accept that you might be wrong.

    I said it was an example and then I asked how many more examples did you want and then you proceeded to say I am a mono trapper main.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147481#Comment_3147481

    The solution to that is to buff Trapper and any other weaker Killer; not nerf basekit BT.

    How would you buff killers in a way that they can do something about endgame unhooks though? I'm all for buffing the weaker killers but I don't even think Pyramid Head, Blight, and depending on the map, nurse can even do anything about it.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147352#Comment_3147352

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147310#Comment_3147310

    This reminds me of something someone once said: Survivors haven't earned their escape until they've actually escaped. The same is true of killers.

    If you haven't secured a kill by the EGC and the survivors go out of their way to get that 4E and succeed, it means you got outplayed. Just as survivors are not guaranteed escape, killers are not guaranteed kills.

    Why does endgame exist if you aren't suppose to be able to get a kill during it?

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147741#Comment_3147741

    How would you buff killers in a way that they can do something about endgame unhooks though? I'm all for buffing the weaker killers but I don't even think Pyramid Head, Blight, and depending on the map, nurse can even do anything about it.

    If BHVR can change things around so the optimal playstyle is spreading hooks all over so the survivors are on death hook in endgame I'm all for it

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148796#Comment_3148796

    If BHVR can change things around so the optimal playstyle is spreading hooks all over so the survivors are on death hook in endgame I'm all for it

    I like that idea but I don't know how you would incentive and make it so that spreading hooks is better.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147352#Comment_3147352

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147310#Comment_3147310

    This reminds me of something someone once said: Survivors haven't earned their escape until they've actually escaped. The same is true of killers.

    If you haven't secured a kill by the EGC and the survivors go out of their way to get that 4E and succeed, it means you got outplayed. Just as survivors are not guaranteed escape, killers are not guaranteed kills.

    but survivors ARE guaranteed escapes now. you get unhooked, the 4.4 movement and 20 seconds of endurance is 88m of distance where you just hold w with 0 risk. if the killer hits you, you get out, if the killer doesnt, you get out

  • @xni6_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148130#Comment_3148130

    but survivors ARE guaranteed escapes now. you get unhooked, the 4.4 movement and 20 seconds of endurance is 88m of distance where you just hold w with 0 risk. if the killer hits you, you get out, if the killer doesnt, you get out

    If the killer hasn't secured a kill by that point, it's a skill issue.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148875#Comment_3148875

    If the killer hasn't secured a kill by that point, it's a skill issue.

    lmao

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148130#Comment_3148130

    Why does endgame exist if you aren't suppose to be able to get a kill during it?

    You aren't entitled to a free kill in the endgame. Endgame is the result of survivors finishing their objective. If they make it to that point and you haven't a secured a kill, it is 100% a skill issue. Rancor exists, NOED exists, Blood Warden exists, No Way Out exists. The tools are there, it's up to the individual to make use of them.

    Your objective as the killer is to prevent the survivors from completing their objective by sacrificing them. The survivors objective is to avoid being sacrificed while repairing generators to power the gates that allow them to escape.

  • @xni6_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147308#Comment_3147308

    play killer, get good at killer to the point youre facing good survivors. or get good at survivor. see how quick the games are at high mmr, and how slow the hooks are (excluding nurse, shes the only one who can compete, but youre gonna get her nerfed soon anyway so it wont be for long), youll see what i mean by necessary

    If you played normally (ie. Didn't tunnel for a win) and consistently copped a bunch of 0k games, then wouldn't your MMR presumably drop to a more manageable level? Your problem is that high MMR (which the devs have said only consists of a very small percentage of the playerbase) survivors are your veteran coordinated swfs on comms. Sweating to keep up with them isn't fun for anyone I imagine, but if the high MMR playerbase is as small as the devs said it was then I honestly don't think it's healthy to base any changes around them.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148810#Comment_3148810

    I like that idea but I don't know how you would incentive and make it so that spreading hooks is better.

    I had put in a suggestion before where basically as gens get done there's a debuff to repair speed that disappears over time and as survivors get killed there's an increase in repair speed that disappears over time. I think it's probably too complicated to code though or there's just not enough people that like the idea.

    Some other people have suggested a Dying Light type effect that slows down gens with hooks but disappears when the survivor is killed.

    I think the main issue, besides coding, with them is 2 and 3 person SWFs sometimes treat the solos like cannon fodder so I could see SWFs just deciding to let the rando one hook for the repair speed buff.

    It's a tough question; that's for sure.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148594#Comment_3148594

    So they take the hit righter after an unhook. Then what? They aren't going to be making much distance to another tile. At the very least, they'll need to mend. At worst, right onto the hook again for them.

    They get a speed boost to another tile and by then the unhooker has plenty of time to do the same so instead of getting a hook trade or at least injuring the unhooker it's a free unhook for them.

    It happens to me all the time I stick someone on the hook walk about 3 steps turn around and they guy off the hook is right in my face bodyblocking for the other person I should of got a hit on.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So 117% survivors with Hope in endgame no? For 20 seconds with BT?

    Intriguing. Sounds like more of a reason to never let them get to endgame in the first place, no?

    Personally, I haven't been getting there very often lately anyway lol survivors are probably better off bringing Left Behind or Sole Survivor imo

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3148815#Comment_3148815

    I had put in a suggestion before where basically as gens get done there's a debuff to repair speed that disappears over time and as survivors get killed there's an increase in repair speed that disappears over time. I think it's probably too complicated to code though or there's just not enough people that like the idea.

    Some other people have suggested a Dying Light type effect that slows down gens with hooks but disappears when the survivor is killed.

    I think the main issue, besides coding, with them is 2 and 3 person SWFs sometimes treat the solos like cannon fodder so I could see SWFs just deciding to let the rando one hook for the repair speed buff.

    It's a tough question; that's for sure.

    Touching gen speeds is pointless. Maps being too big are the problem, which I see BHVR is beginning to understand with how they've split up RPD.

  • This is absolutely overkill. Killers are being pushed into a corner, needing to tunnel to win but being punished at base for doing so.

1 2 3 4