Reassurance is only “OP” against boring killer play styles

I’m sorry to say it to campers out there, but the perk is very healthy for the game. It should be a basekit mechanic but it’s whatever, the devs for some reason love balancing things around perks. But to anyone that regularly camps at 4-5 gens, did you not expect this to come at some point?

I’d strongly suggest to adapt your play style before the chapter releases so you can be less worried about the perk. If you play differently, then the perk won’t be that useful against you. However if you don’t wanna adapt, don’t complain the perk is too OP. Early game camping is such a dull part of the game and I would love to see it get destroyed. Late game camping is fine though as that’s usually the only option the killer has left.

On a side note, I’d recommend Spirit to you all. She can do very well without camping or tunneling. It makes it even better that she’s so fun to play and she gives out happiness. This game needs more Spirit players! 🥰

Comments

  • You know what, @TheGannMan, I agree. We need more Spirit players. I'm tired of seeing Huntress, Blight and Nemesis all the time.

  • @Veinslay said:

    Yeah now SWF can sit and gen rush and give themselves 30+ extra seconds to rescue the guy when they wait until the last seconds to rescue him to crank gens. You can't force a 2nd hook state now. Very fair and balanced

    That is a concern of mine. Again, SWF making something maybe not so game-breaking, game-breaking.

  • For once, I'm with the survivors. Let's see if sacrificing a perk slot will solve camping.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3142008#Comment_3142008

    The way it works now makes it possible to hold someone hostage

    Both sides can already hold the game hostage at base. It's rare even though it happens. Why is this perk under so much scrutiny on the small chance that people use it to hold the game hostage? What's the killer doing in the meanwhile, working with the survivors who do this? No, they're gonna kill the rest of the survivors since it's a 3v1 and then the person on hook will die and be able to move on to another game.

  • Very healthy perk.

    Fix the issue where you can hold people hostage and it's pretty much perfect

  • Healthy perk design but the upper limits of the perk are a little too much. Even if it was just kinship you can give others it would have been a really good choice. It working during the first stage is just too strong and the cooldown basically doesn't exist. I can see people just sitting on hook with deliverance and having someone proc it every once in a while.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’m sorry to say it to campers out there, but the perk is very healthy for the game. It should be a basekit mechanic but it’s whatever, the devs for some reason love balancing things around perks. But to anyone that regularly camps at 4-5 gens, did you not expect this to come at some point?

    I’d strongly suggest to adapt your play style before the chapter releases so you can be less worried about the perk. If you play differently, then the perk won’t be that useful against you. However if you don’t wanna adapt, don’t complain the perk is too OP. Early game camping is such a dull part of the game and I would love to see it get destroyed. Late game camping is fine though as that’s usually the only option the killer has left.

    On a side note, I’d recommend Spirit to you all. She can do very well without camping or tunneling. It makes it even better that she’s so fun to play and she gives out happiness. This game needs more Spirit players! 🥰

    The problem is the game is not designed for a killer to 12 hook. If you try and 12 hook you are going to lose. I would be more than happy with camping being solved as long as the game is designed such that a killer can "win" by 12 hooking rather than being forced to "play boring"


    Look how fast these gens can go even when the killer is pressuring 2 survivors at once and doesn't have a chase that lasts more than 15-20 seconds in the early game. And yet the gens STILL fly:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3H8J0OdtG4


  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/342054/reassurance-is-only-op-against-boring-killer-play-styles

    The problem is the game is not designed for a killer to 12 hook. If you try and 12 hook you are going to lose. I would be more than happy with camping being solved as long as the game is designed such that a killer can "win" by 12 hooking rather than being forced to "play boring"

    Look how fast these gens can go even when the killer is pressuring 2 survivors at once and doesn't have a chase that lasts more than 15-20 seconds in the early game. And yet the gens STILL fly:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3H8J0OdtG4

    I don't know why you are trying prove your opinion with content creator. Your opinion is good enough for me, you don't need to share Tru3's video. And honestly i don't like his opinions most times, some of his takes are terrible.

    And yes, you are right. Game is not balanced around 12 hooks. So this problem should be looked too. But at least devs are trying now, they are no longer ignoring issues.

    6.1 was good buffs for killers. It was not enough maybe but it was good step to balance game. Now they are adressing camping. Tunnelling and gen times should be next. Solo survivors should get love too. I am supporting all healthy changes, game should be fun for both sides.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3142010#Comment_3142010

    Both sides can already hold the game hostage at base. It's rare even though it happens. Why is this perk under so much scrutiny on the small chance that people use it to hold the game hostage? What's the killer doing in the meanwhile, working with the survivors who do this? No, they're gonna kill the rest of the survivors since it's a 3v1 and then the person on hook will die and be able to move on to another game.

    On certain maps, the survivors can be on an entirely different floor being sneaky little gremlins and still are able to use the perk

  • Anything that kills facecamping would be good tbh.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/342054/reassurance-is-only-op-against-boring-killer-play-styles

    The problem is the game is not designed for a killer to 12 hook. If you try and 12 hook you are going to lose. I would be more than happy with camping being solved as long as the game is designed such that a killer can "win" by 12 hooking rather than being forced to "play boring"

    Look how fast these gens can go even when the killer is pressuring 2 survivors at once and doesn't have a chase that lasts more than 15-20 seconds in the early game. And yet the gens STILL fly:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3H8J0OdtG4

    The problem with this argument is that it hinges on competence.

    Maybe YOU can't win by 12 hooking, but someone else can.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’m sorry to say it to campers out there, but the perk is very healthy for the game. It should be a basekit mechanic but it’s whatever, the devs for some reason love balancing things around perks. But to anyone that regularly camps at 4-5 gens, did you not expect this to come at some point?

    I’d strongly suggest to adapt your play style before the chapter releases so you can be less worried about the perk. If you play differently, then the perk won’t be that useful against you. However if you don’t wanna adapt, don’t complain the perk is too OP. Early game camping is such a dull part of the game and I would love to see it get destroyed. Late game camping is fine though as that’s usually the only option the killer has left.

    On a side note, I’d recommend Spirit to you all. She can do very well without camping or tunneling. It makes it even better that she’s so fun to play and she gives out happiness. This game needs more Spirit players! 🥰

    The banger chase music! Don't forget about the awesome chase music!!

  • @Veinslay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3142063#Comment_3142063

    Lmao at thinking the situation I described can only happen if you're camping. Okay I'm playing against optimal SWF. I had to change targets after getting 2 pallets to go PrEsSuRe duh gens. I've started my 2nd chase and I've finally downed my 1st survivor and 2 gens are finished. I hook this guy and the other 3 are all spread out now getting on gens. I find one and chase him off. He runs towards a part of the map that has multiple pallets and a strong structure. I get 2 pallets, an injure and he's at an area that's too safe or has no gens nearby so i abandon chase. I go back to the hook and dude is still there with 10 seconds left cause his teammates sit on gens. I want to force 2nd state to at least punish them for just gen rushing, but dude finally gets off his gen and comes up with 5 seconds left to give an additional 30 seconds to his team to rescue their mate and the game is headed for a sure loss. Please tell me about how this perk will be fair and balanced against sweaty ass SWF

    The whole games isnt balanced that way, thats why killers stomp most solo queue survivors and still can´t win against swf. Thats why swf needs to be seperated from solo queue and balanced differently. But the fact that it need to be done doesnt mean it will be done.

  • @Jangles said:

    Wait til people are running kindred, open handed and reassurance. Perma 32m aura reading. Sheeeeesh.

    I've seen a lot of people running kindred with open handed in the past, never understood the point of it until I looked at what open handed does. Guess which players were always the first to die because they're bad at chase?

    It'd be a niche build at best, much like the Mettle of Man + Object of Obsession killer radar. So, no real cause for concern.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/342054/reassurance-is-only-op-against-boring-killer-play-styles

    The problem is the game is not designed for a killer to 12 hook. If you try and 12 hook you are going to lose. I would be more than happy with camping being solved as long as the game is designed such that a killer can "win" by 12 hooking rather than being forced to "play boring"

    Look how fast these gens can go even when the killer is pressuring 2 survivors at once and doesn't have a chase that lasts more than 15-20 seconds in the early game. And yet the gens STILL fly:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3H8J0OdtG4

    Tru3 is at high MMR. Survivors are extremely efficient at high MMR and very rarely make mistakes. At low-mid MMR, you can go for 12 hooks with little risk of losing because the survivors are more likely to make mistakes.

    I only ever go for 12 hook games unless the survivors are asking to be tunneled.

    There's an assumption that not tunneling is the same as playing nice. I will, without hesitation, slug a recently unhooked survivor if I happen to find them after they've been unhooked. If they try to body block, flashlight, etc. They're going back on that hook to think about what they've done. What I won't do is try to remove them from the game ASAP.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    You know what, @TheGannMan, I agree. We need more Spirit players. I'm tired of seeing Huntress, Blight and Nemesis all the time.

    We do need more Spirit players but not for the reason you listed. We need to see her more because she is a queen.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3142420#Comment_3142420

    We do need more Spirit players but not for the reason you listed. We need to see her more because she is a queen.

    Ever played caveman spirit?

  • @Man_of_triangles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3142005#Comment_3142005

    Wraith becoming even more stealthy while standing completely still suggests otherwise.

    If your just sat camping with wraith on every hook you get against competent survs, your not winning that game especially with the new perk

  • The fact of the matter is that if camping was fun for anyone, killers wouldnt be raging about the opportunity to camp forever.

    Honestly? This camp might be more of a weapon against survivors. Survivors can be hooked infinitely regardless of the killer being near or not. That sounds just as fun as a camping killer

  • @Veinslay said:

    Yeah now SWF can sit and gen rush and give themselves 30+ extra seconds to rescue the guy when they wait until the last seconds to rescue him to crank gens. You can't force a 2nd hook state now. Very fair and balanced

    Running up to the 6m proximity, reassuring and leaving when its safe to unhook you mean? Thatd be stupid on multiple levels. It takes off a lot of gen pressure. But if you WERE there you could start chase against the reassurer and force another survivor off a gen to get the first rescue.

  • Yeah, I hardly play as much these days as I solo q and nearly every game there's someone camped and tunnelled. Soon as the patch drops I will be playing more. Just the other day the number of campers I saw at 5 to 4 gens and they just stood there waiting for the grab off-hook. I hope in future they look at the hook grab as a lot defend this too. I don't mind being grabbed off gens but when it's a camper they get rewarded.

  • Also, I use to main spirit when she first came and she is fun to play and fun to go against. Then I just started playing survivor more and more but the pain is solo q. I might try a few games as spirit later.

  • The absolute most gigachad part of Reassurance is denying immature morons their ability to hook suicide, which is based. Anyways, the opinions of people who suicide on hook are irrelevant. Reassurance should stay the way as is. The only way it could keep someone hostage is if the killer works together with the survivors which is against rules anyways.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    The absolute most gigachad part of Reassurance is denying immature morons their ability to hook suicide, which is based. Anyways, the opinions of people who suicide on hook are irrelevant. Reassurance should stay the way as is. The only way it could keep someone hostage is if the killer works together with the survivors which is against rules anyways.

    Yes, but also no. I'd hate to be hooked at 5 gens and then left on hook but constantly had my timer paused for the entire duration of the match, and while I don't feel like this would happen often, there should be a safeguard against this.

  • @SoloQKev said:

    Also, I use to main spirit when she first came and she is fun to play and fun to go against. Then I just started playing survivor more and more but the pain is solo q. I might try a few games as spirit later.

    Yay that makes me happy ☺️

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3143023#Comment_3143023

    Yes, but also no. I'd hate to be hooked at 5 gens and then left on hook but constantly had my timer paused for the entire duration of the match, and while I don't feel like this would happen often, there should be a safeguard against this.

    Hmm. What if after Reassurance ends, there's a 10s or so period in which Reassurance can't be used immediately again BUT during those 10s, no skillchecks will appear? Thus, morons can't use that 10s to hook suicide. But it also means eventually, they will be able to die even in situations where the survivors and killers work together to try and keep someone hostage (even if it takes a while).

  • @Man_of_triangles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141998#Comment_3141998

    Literally any killer with low mobility. Any stealth killer.

    blatantly untrue, especially in case of stealth killers because they are the worst campers in the game.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’m sorry to say it to campers out there, but the perk is very healthy for the game. It should be a basekit mechanic but it’s whatever, the devs for some reason love balancing things around perks. But to anyone that regularly camps at 4-5 gens, did you not expect this to come at some point?

    I’d strongly suggest to adapt your play style before the chapter releases so you can be less worried about the perk. If you play differently, then the perk won’t be that useful against you. However if you don’t wanna adapt, don’t complain the perk is too OP. Early game camping is such a dull part of the game and I would love to see it get destroyed. Late game camping is fine though as that’s usually the only option the killer has left.

    On a side note, I’d recommend Spirit to you all. She can do very well without camping or tunneling. It makes it even better that she’s so fun to play and she gives out happiness. This game needs more Spirit players! 🥰

    You can always tell who has low mmr from their posts..

  • Lmao amazing response. Very informative and constructive.

  • This band-aid is pretty alright.

1 2 ›