Do you think Reassurance will be changed?

If so, how?

If not, why?

Comments

  • Only change I can see would that the perk would be disabled after all 5 gens are completed since the killer at that point didn't have much choice but to camp.

  • Yes. There's no way have the ability to hold a survivor alive on the hook indefinitely will stay. Not only is it a possible griefing tool, but I don't see it as healthy either since a basekit pause the hook progress was tested years ago and removed for being abused by survivors. This is just that with extra steps.

    I think the devs forgot that more than 1 survivor can use reassurance.

  • I could see two changes.

    1: Disabling in the endgame.

    2: Something to stop it being abused to grief one survivor by not letting them die, not sure exactly what that'd look like though. Letting that survivor disable Reassurance would be a good decision for that imo.

  • The tweak I think they might be considering would be something to prevent possible abuse, maybe making the perk be an opt-in or opt-out effect for the hooked survivor rather than something that is done to them involuntarily.

  • Yes it will be changed, i can see it having it's CD start after the 30s are up (making it a true 40s CD not the 10s CD it currently is) and I can also see it having a "one time only" sort of effect per survivor. Only time will tell but if it doesn't get changed on release it will be shortly after because it is extremely abusable in it's current state as well as just overpowered beyond belief.

  • @Crowman said:

    Yes. There's no way have the ability to hold a survivor alive on the hook indefinitely will stay. Not only is it a possible griefing tool, but I don't see it as healthy either since a basekit pause the hook progress was tested years ago and removed for being abused by survivors. This is just that with extra steps.

    I think the devs forgot that more than 1 survivor can use reassurance.

    To be fair, that was a hot topic when I first started playing DBD.

    So much has changed since then and I'd like to see it tested again.


    Also, it is not without risk. 6 meters is not a massive distance, you will need to get fairly close to the hooked player in most scenario's.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3136994#Comment_3136994

    To be fair, that was a hot topic when I first started playing DBD.

    So much has changed since then and I'd like to see it tested again.

    Also, it is not without risk. 6 meters is not a massive distance, you will need to get fairly close to the hooked player in most scenario's.

    I still don't see anyway for indefinitely pausing of hook timer to ever be healthy inclusion into the game. Sometimes as a killer forcing a survivor to the next hook state is the play to make and while I see nothing wrong with perks to extend the hook timer duration, I see an issue if that extension is unlimited. At some point survivors need to make the rescue or the survivor on hook dies.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137042#Comment_3137042

    I still don't see anyway for indefinitely pausing of hook timer to ever be healthy inclusion into the game. Sometimes as a killer forcing a survivor to the next hook state is the play to make and while I see nothing wrong with perks to extend the hook timer duration, I see an issue if that extension is unlimited. At some point survivors need to make the rescue or the survivor on hook dies.

    I do think the ability to stack it is a little ridiculous.

    Maybe make it so that once someone uses Reassurance, only that Survivor can use it on the hooked Survivor until they are unhooked?

    That gives the Killer an incentive to chase someone else as they know nobody else can prolong the hook timer and it stops people from stacking 4x Reassurance.

  • @BlackRabies said:

    Only change I can see would that the perk would be disabled after all 5 gens are completed since the killer at that point didn't have much choice but to camp.

    "DS is too strong because it ensures an escape in endgame in some situations"

    "Lets let killers camp and guarantee kills at endgame"

  • @Crowman said:

    Yes. There's no way have the ability to hold a survivor alive on the hook indefinitely will stay. Not only is it a possible griefing tool, but I don't see it as healthy either since a basekit pause the hook progress was tested years ago and removed for being abused by survivors. This is just that with extra steps.

    I think the devs forgot that more than 1 survivor can use reassurance.

    If it didn't stack with another survivor, there'd be nothing "griefing" about it, the only reason it'd be griefing is if you wanted out of the game with no DC penalty, this way you either suck it up or take a penalty, which works for me

  • CoH still hasn't, and it'll probably get the same treatment. They'll just adjust the timers a bit so that swfs go from being able to completely pause the timer to making it require 3 people instead of just 2. They could easily do something like put a cap on the maximum amount of time a hook stage can be extended, but that requires actually putting thought into these things and not just slapping it with new numbers.

  • I think it'll be changed so that people can't be held indefinitely. But the actual anti-camp meat of the perk should remain untouched.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3136994#Comment_3136994

    If it didn't stack with another survivor, there'd be nothing "griefing" about it, the only reason it'd be griefing is if you wanted out of the game with no DC penalty, this way you either suck it up or take a penalty, which works for me

    You are really narrow minded if you think this will only be used to stop people from wanting to get out the trial sooner.

  • @Laluzi said:

    I think it'll be changed so that people can't be held indefinitely. But the actual anti-camp meat of the perk should remain untouched.

    its not even anti-camp, it just creates lose-lose situations for the killer if they're in the same place at the same time as someone going for the unhook. It actively encourages survivors going for bad saves more than it discourages camping. Half the times survivors go for bad unhooks like that, they don't even realize it was a bad call, and coddling them in those situations only gives them reason to believe it was a smart play.

    We all know there are people who will stand face to face with the person on the hook. There are also a lot of people who don't do that, but aren't going to let you run past them to the hook for free. When that happens you end up in a standoff with the killer as they try to time a hook grab, since its a guaranteed trade or slug vs potentially letting both of you escape. They generally only want to go for the hit if they are sure they'll be able to get at least a hook trade, so you end up with the perk basically just delaying that standoff and forcing the killer into a lose/lose situation. As a bonus, one of the things the delay allows for other survivors to come in for bodyblocks, or just rush out the gens, so literally any time wasted has disproportionate impact as long as people haven't been tunnelled out. You've rewarded the survivor on multiple levels for making a poor play.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137067#Comment_3137067

    its not even anti-camp, it just creates lose-lose situations for the killer if they're in the same place at the same time as someone going for the unhook. It actively encourages survivors going for bad saves more than it discourages camping. Half the times survivors go for bad unhooks like that, they don't even realize it was a bad call, and coddling them in those situations only gives them reason to believe it was a smart play.

    We all know there are people who will stand face to face with the person on the hook. There are also a lot of people who don't do that, but aren't going to let you run past them to the hook for free. When that happens you end up in a standoff with the killer as they try to time a hook grab, since its a guaranteed trade or slug vs potentially letting both of you escape. They generally only want to go for the hit if they are sure they'll be able to get at least a hook trade, so you end up with the perk basically just delaying that standoff and forcing the killer into a lose/lose situation. As a bonus, one of the things the delay allows for other survivors to come in for bodyblocks, or just rush out the gens, so literally any time wasted has disproportionate impact as long as people haven't been tunnelled out. You've rewarded the survivor on multiple levels for making a poor play.

    I played a good bit of matches on the ptb. And this was a problem...like in none of them? If theres a survivor looping right next to another on the hook. Eventually id catch them and then i have 2 survivors hooked together. Also there's not much in terms of god loops nearby hooks to just make that survivor uncatchable. Other times id just go to where i know the gens are being worked on to keep my pressure up. Forcing the survivor to save anyway to keep their pressure in the game. So if they are hanging out near the hook. Smack and catch them. Or bail to the generators. I never go for grabs anyway tbh because i can normally down the survivor after the unhook animation finishes.

    On topic:The perks fine imo. It does its job well. I agree with a opt out option though. And deactivation at the end of the game where you have no choice but to camp. But as a whole i feel like the fact one survivor can make a facecamping bubba lose the match from 1 perk is a good thing. Maybe I'll have to see it more on live but i like it.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137085#Comment_3137085

    I played a good bit of matches on the ptb. And this was a problem...like in none of them? If theres a survivor looping right next to another on the hook. Eventually id catch them and then i have 2 survivors hooked together. Also there's not much in terms of god loops nearby hooks to just make that survivor uncatchable. Other times id just go to where i know the gens are being worked on to keep my pressure up. Forcing the survivor to save anyway to keep their pressure in the game. So if they are hanging out near the hook. Smack and catch them. Or bail to the generators. I never go for grabs anyway tbh because i can normally down the survivor after the unhook animation finishes.

    Not going for the grab is opening yourself up for any number of situations preventing the second hit, including the basekit BT. Im not saying people do those things every time (nor that they can have counters to, especially concerning builds,) just that they're overlooked situations that do have the ability to change those situations entirely, and you can sometimes end up with absolute robbery outcomes.

  • Absolutely. If it goes through as is, I will entirely lose my faith in them. There is no way that will happen, however.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137129#Comment_3137129

    Not going for the grab is opening yourself up for any number of situations preventing the second hit, including the basekit BT. Im not saying people do those things every time (nor that they can have counters to, especially concerning builds,) just that they're overlooked situations that do have the ability to change those situations entirely, and you can sometimes end up with absolute robbery outcomes.

    Maybe im just patient and have the timing. But like even in the current game. I just smack the survivor unhooking. They finish the animation. Then i smack them before the other survivor can get even get in the way to block the hit. Even better when used with something like stbfl you can actually go from a smack into a grab. Of course this is only my experience. So maybe i just had good matches. And I'll have to see how it plays out fully.

  • @Raccoon said:

    If so, how?

    If not, why?

    It might be changed to prevent survivor on survivor griefing.

    Other than that, I'm leaning towards no other changes. Facecamping is unhealthy for the game and the devs acknowledge that. Being camped is also very much not fun. The devs want players to have more fun.

    If it goes through unchanged I fully expect camping Killers to go through an MMR adjustment phase. However, many survivors went through an MMR adjustment phase with DH getting a much deserved nerf. In both cases, the game would become healthier in the long run as Reassurance will encourage more chases and Killers just got chase improvements.

    I'm not 100% convinced that is how it will go but I'm more than 50% thinking that's how it will go.

  • No. Because they don't work that way.

    This is my opinion, but from my experience with this and other game devs. The testing server is a last ditch effort to make sure there isn't anything so game breaking that it would ruin them. By the time the build is on the testing server, they are ready to publish it on time. They may have more fixes that they were already working on BEFORE they put it out on the testing server, but that all depends on work they did, and nothing that the players figured out on the testing server will make changes to the update until AFTER they have already released the update.

    It is my opinion that the entirety of the testing servers is an attempt to appease the players and advertise the new content. It has almost nothing to do with bug fixing and balance unless something they missed when they did their internal testing is so broken that it needs fixing right away AND the player base happens to find that.

    Other players had a great idea for how it should be changed, and I agree that Reassurance should start with two tokens/uses and those tokens should be regenerated by generators (~20 seconds of powering) and safe unhooks.

  • I'm kind of assuming it gets a change to prevent two people using Reassurance to keep people on the hook indefinitely. It's obviously intended that the delay in the hook timer is to make camping impossible without losing the game, but the developers have always said they have no interest in standoff situations. The indefinite forever creates a potential standoff forever at endgame. The killer either has to leave and choose to lose or the survivors have to decide they are bored and choose to leave their teammate behind. This creates no pressure on either side to actually end the game.

    I hope they don't remove the ability to use it multiple times per hook stage, multiple times per game, or at endgame. All they really have to do is make it so you have to wait at least 10 seconds to reactivate it on the same survivor regardless of the cooldown. That way, there's an end which is all that matters for the sake of just preventing a standoff. If the survivors want to wait next to a hook for 2-3 minutes against a facecamping Bubba at endgame, the person on the hook will eventually get sacrificed or one of the survivors will attempt a save.

    But, they might do one of the above which would all work to prevent the standoff. I just hope they don't because I think there are valid situations for all of the above situations in normal gameplay.

  • The only thing I hope gets changed is that the survivor is allowed to cancel it so they don't get trapped for extended periods by troll-y SWF's or solos.

    I'm 50/50 on it being canceled during endgame and wouldn't really mind either way.

    Other then that I hope it stays the same.

  • I fully expect it to. Any new perk on either side will get cries and pleas from streamers and casual players to nerf/buff a perk. It never fails. I always think of two specific examples. Freddy when he was first released in 2017. For those that know, know. If you don't, find a video and watch how he played when he first came out. He still wasn't that powerful. It was a matter of players being too lazy to learn counterplay. He lasted ONE WEEK before BVHR decided to kowtow to the lowest common denominator.

    The second was the original version of Mettle of Man. The one that required three standard attacks to activate. It was strong to be sure, but it was never a guarantee to work. For example, it didn't count for a nurse hitting your out of a blink, wraith hitting you after becoming uncloaked, Billy and Bubba's chainsaw attacks, hag hitting you after teleporting to a trap, huntress hatchet, and probably one or two I can't think of. It was an amazing solo perk but of course SWF ruined everything and got the streamers to cry about it.

  • @SgtMittens said:

    I fully expect it to. Any new perk on either side will get cries and pleas from streamers and casual players to nerf/buff a perk. It never fails. I always think of two specific examples. Freddy when he was first released in 2017. For those that know, know. If you don't, find a video and watch how he played when he first came out. He still wasn't that powerful. It was a matter of players being too lazy to learn counterplay. He lasted ONE WEEK before BVHR decided to kowtow to the lowest common denominator.

    The second was the original version of Mettle of Man. The one that required three standard attacks to activate. It was strong to be sure, but it was never a guarantee to work. For example, it didn't count for a nurse hitting your out of a blink, wraith hitting you after becoming uncloaked, Billy and Bubba's chainsaw attacks, hag hitting you after teleporting to a trap, huntress hatchet, and probably one or two I can't think of. It was an amazing solo perk but of course SWF ruined everything and got the streamers to cry about it.

    MoM is a really bad example of "perk got nerfed because people complained about it".

    MoM never was on a ptb. It was one of the few perks that went live without any kind of testing. It was also a very meta warping perk as if you played any killer that primarily dealt damage by using M1, every survivor had an extra hit. Yes people could counter MoM by playing killers who could bypass it, but that didn't change how unhealthy of a perk it was and it's impact of the killer meta. It made already bad killers worse and already good killers could ignore it. It got changed, because it was a highly impactful people that everyone was running, not because people were complaining about it.

  • @tendyhands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3136984#Comment_3136984

    "DS is too strong because it ensures an escape in endgame in some situations"

    "Lets let killers camp and guarantee kills at endgame"

    People escape endgame camps all the time, it guarantees nothing (unless it's a Bubba).

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3136994#Comment_3136994

    To be fair, that was a hot topic when I first started playing DBD.

    So much has changed since then and I'd like to see it tested again.

    Also, it is not without risk. 6 meters is not a massive distance, you will need to get fairly close to the hooked player in most scenario's.

    This brings up a question; does the reassurance radius work between floors? I'm assuming it does, but if it does, insidious basement Bubba is flat out cancelled.

  • I do.

    I imagine the only change will be to give it a 60 second cool down.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137042#Comment_3137042

    I still don't see anyway for indefinitely pausing of hook timer to ever be healthy inclusion into the game. Sometimes as a killer forcing a survivor to the next hook state is the play to make and while I see nothing wrong with perks to extend the hook timer duration, I see an issue if that extension is unlimited. At some point survivors need to make the rescue or the survivor on hook dies.

    I like that the perk stops straight up facecamping (but not really as the rescuer will still go down before getting to the hook against the 'big' offenders, resulting in 1 hooked/1slugged...soon to be hooked).

    As you said, there are times when a killer should confirm a 2nd stage/kill off of a hook.

    Now, if you are having a tight game and need to secure a stage/kill, you can be thwarted by a 'drive by' Reassurance even if you weren't hard-camping/facecamping (ie - you drop chase/patrol far away from the hook - you NEED this progression or it's a blowout). This also shortens the length of the game, in most cases.

    I don't really care about kills/escapes/etc and perform very well at the game (need this disclaimed for the incoming brigade @_@), but this seems to just make tunneling the de-facto superior method of 'securing kills' / progressing killer objective, as you can no longer challenge/force hook states.

  • It might be, if only to prevent it from being used after the gates are powered, which I'm more than fine with.

    As for the "abuse potential", I'd much rather have an option for the hooked survivor to refuse the reassurance than for the cooldown to be longer or anything.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    It might be, if only to prevent it from being used after the gates are powered, which I'm more than fine with.

    As for the "abuse potential", I'd much rather have an option for the hooked survivor to refuse the reassurance than for the cooldown to be longer or anything.

    I feel like that is not an option/would be too much for these devs to code :P

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137207#Comment_3137207

    MoM is a really bad example of "perk got nerfed because people complained about it".

    MoM never was on a ptb. It was one of the few perks that went live without any kind of testing. It was also a very meta warping perk as if you played any killer that primarily dealt damage by using M1, every survivor had an extra hit. Yes people could counter MoM by playing killers who could bypass it, but that didn't change how unhealthy of a perk it was and it's impact of the killer meta. It made already bad killers worse and already good killers could ignore it. It got changed, because it was a highly impactful people that everyone was running, not because people were complaining about it.

    That perk literally got nerfed because people complained about it. Don't make a half baked bad faith argument like it wasn't in the PTB so that's different. It would've been the same result but in slightly less time.

    None of the drivel your presented is relevant to the fact that perks get changed all the time because BVHR loves the lowest common denominator.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137051#Comment_3137051

    I like that the perk stops straight up facecamping (but not really as the rescuer will still go down before getting to the hook against the 'big' offenders, resulting in 1 hooked/1slugged...soon to be hooked).

    As you said, there are times when a killer should confirm a 2nd stage/kill off of a hook.

    Now, if you are having a tight game and need to secure a stage/kill, you can be thwarted by a 'drive by' Reassurance even if you weren't hard-camping/facecamping (ie - you drop chase/patrol far away from the hook - you NEED this progression or it's a blowout). This also shortens the length of the game, in most cases.

    I don't really care about kills/escapes/etc and perform very well at the game (need this disclaimed for the incoming brigade @_@), but this seems to just make tunneling the de-facto superior method of 'securing kills' / progressing killer objective, as you can no longer challenge/force hook states.

    Idk if I would say reassurance really counters facecamping. You can keep the facecamped survivor from dying and get gens done, but the survivor on hook still suffers from being facecamped and with a worse experience. Plus getting that close in a lot of situations can just result you in getting slugged anyways in which case you were probably off just doing gens instead of reassurancing as a counter to facecamping.

    Reassurance more counters situations where a killer has to be near the hook for pressure. Which is fine. Both sides have perks to counter "legit" strategies that can used against them.

    Facecamping is an issue the devs should address in the base game. It's not an easy problem to solve, because it's hard to make something that deals with facecamping that doesn't affect actual gameplay since hook defense is a valid option killers can use.

  • @SgtMittens said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137247#Comment_3137247

    That perk literally got nerfed because people complained about it. Don't make a half baked bad faith argument like it wasn't in the PTB so that's different. It would've been the same result but in slightly less time.

    None of the drivel your presented is relevant to the fact that perks get changed all the time because BVHR loves the lowest common denominator.

    I'm sorry your busted perk got justifiably nerfed for completely neutering certain killers. MoM really wasn't nerfed because people were complaining about the perk.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137042#Comment_3137042

    This brings up a question; does the reassurance radius work between floors? I'm assuming it does, but if it does, insidious basement Bubba is flat out cancelled.

    It can be used in certain spots, but not in others.

    The Basement and the floor of Killer Shack are just over 6 meters apart iirc, so you will have to walk into basement to activate Reassurance.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137273#Comment_3137273

    It can be used in certain spots, but not in others.

    The Basement and the floor of Killer Shack are just over 6 meters apart iirc, so you will have to walk into basement to activate Reassurance.

    So it can, but all it does is troll horrendously bad hooks in maps like midwitch? lmao

    There are hooks on The Game where survivors will be able to look the killer in the eye while doing it.

  • @SgtMittens said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137247#Comment_3137247

    That perk literally got nerfed because people complained about it. Don't make a half baked bad faith argument like it wasn't in the PTB so that's different. It would've been the same result but in slightly less time.

    None of the drivel your presented is relevant to the fact that perks get changed all the time because BVHR loves the lowest common denominator.

    Original MoM was the definition of pay to win


    Everyone with common sense saw that


    It was the main reason people got ash



    It was going to get nerfed even if people didn't complain about it as it was everywhere