I think wesker will get nerf because devs are survivor sided
Do you think they will buff or nerf wesker ?
When they look at the Project W chapter and decide to throw some changes at wesker do you think they will be buffs or nerfs?
Tagged:
BHVR
Do you think they will buff or nerf wesker ?
When they look at the Project W chapter and decide to throw some changes at wesker do you think they will be buffs or nerfs?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
nawh I'm good, if someone is going to tell me I'm "making things up" I'm going to prove to them that I'm not.
I am still trying to figure out if you are just being sarcastic or not. I kind of hope you are. There is no way one could still call BHVR survivor sided after all the buffs killrs received now.
I am also quite positive they won't really buff or nerf him. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive, from what I could see. He'll probably just get more refinement, like his collision and maybe hit box being decrease a little. And of course his bugs fixed.
Dude just because solo queue suffered in the last patch doesn't mean they ignored it. Pretty sure they overrated the 5 second endurance and haste effect for example. That doesn't mean they don't care for them.
If anything, it's more about BHVR still not always knowing what to do when it comes to needed balance changes. Really not sure if you are helping your case here.
That Artist nerf was justified. All they did was nerf her camping and took away a play style that overshadowed Trapper and Hag. She’s more than fine now.
What @ThatOneDemoPlayer is stating is that none of these changes improve/change position of the killer. They're meaningless changes that do nothing
there is difference between high impact changes that weaken their best add-on & defining strength in base-kit vs meaningless changes for Sadako that still cement her as m1 killer with low impact ability.
"DEVs are survivor-sided" - for the last 6 years the killrates were between 55%-75%. SoloQ is nerfed into oblivion.
Good joke 10/10
Dang, I am as killer main as it gets, but I couldn't walk by without up voting.
It’s more that the devs don’t understand the game than that they are survivor sided. That’s the only way to explain how Sadako is considered to be in an acceptable state, or how it took years to nerf dead hard, a perk that every good player knew was busted
They keep designing absolute stinkers of maps and take zero input from the playerbase. Wesker is a very fun killer but I don't think he will get the changes he needs to make everyone happy.
Just wish they got someone else on map design, as it's just so bad right now.
Now wesker already bad.
I just hope devs will not nerf him.
I think so too.
They're saying he's overtuned, they're saying he has "oppressive" builds, and they're asking the questions. I smell a nerf coming.
6 meters is not much, you better be a good looper
Then finally nerf the nurse if it’s for the health of the game!
And none of those changes were on release.
He will be NERFED about a month after release. They gotta sale him first
That was the ptb man, his clunky power will be fixed before his release. You shouldn't use your power on small loops as catching up to the survivor will take forever, use it only on the big loops. His vault doesn't really need to be changed, if you want, you can always use Superior Anatomy or Bamboozle. I'm sure he will be a A tier killer upon his release. Unless they nerf him for absolutely no reason. ;(
I really hope they don't, why new killers always get nerfed upon release? Meanwhile Nurse is at the top for 6 years and the devs do nothing about her.
That's probably low MMR players. I've seen Wesker against really smart survivors on the PTB, and the killer had a very hard time catching up. If anything they should buff him.
Glad to have the perk against camping killers…it is not bhvr created this perk. Campers created this so shame on you bubba
If he proves to be a strong killer like Nurse and Blight then 100% there will be constant calls to nerf him.
If Wesker got nerfs before release when I've seen and heard he's buggy and apparently missing some interactions with survivors. Then I'll slander the devs all day long.
It's crazy to me how what I mentioned was specifically about killers usually being buffed on release and every single person is just "what about this nerf to death slinger 2 years after his release" lmao ???
Just make him op on release and then nerf him a month later
From what I do recall, every single killer got nerfed around two weeks - six weeks upon their releases. This has been a trend ever since the Shattered Bloodline Chapter got live. The Chapter got live on 18th September 2018, Rin got her treatment around two weeks afterwards.
The issue here is, average players and newbies do complain (the overwhelming portion of the playerbase, the Solo Queue players) and threaten of leaving the game for good, unless they do X and Y to certain stuff. The Developers are having two options, while one is a guarantee that the playerbase won't decrease.. I mean, why'd you take the risk, if you know how much money is your game making right now? That's pretty much like shooting yourself in a foot.
I think, Wesker will receive major nerfs regarding his oppression and tools regarding the gained distance and cooldown. I think, his power cooldown will get furthermore increased, the speed at which he dashes at the survivor with his power gets decreased, etcetera. In short, making it unreliable, as.. It kinda sucks in short distances, just like it sucks to throw and waste a hatchet when you can easily M1 a survivor with Anna. The stuff Wesker is good at will get nerfed and he'll become your average killer; At that point, you'll be better off by picking up a killer, who excells at certain stuff, but is bad elsewhere - Sally's bad at tracking survivors, but excells at quickly finishing chases, for example.
As has been pointed out, however, it'll take around a month or two until he gets nerfed. If he gets nerfed right-away upon or before he gets released, the nerfs will be so minor that nobody will complain about them; The major nerf will, however, still be on the way..
This is just a mere theory, of course, but the past clearly supports that he'll get nerfed, just like every single killer got a while after getting released. It's a never-ending cycle, or it seems to be that way for years.
Lol dbd has always been a survivor sided game for the simple reason that majority of the player base are survivors, therefore you can make more money out of favouring the majority of your customers. Simple business decision. Who are you kidding?
Hopefully devs will not make him even weaker.
Probably? Surprised they are releasing a viable killer. It is really out of character for them. No way he does not get nerfed. And based on their response here, we can easily discern a nerf will indeed be happening. Mystery solved.
Lol.
Tell that to wraith, nerfed him into the ground bc survivor mains where crying
Please don't nerf wesker.
Killer queues have always been longer my dude.
So why would Wesker get nerfed? He's not incredibly strong.
Because they have a recent history of nerfing mid tier killers simply because average skill survivors didn't like playing against them.
Do you have any examples of that? The only one I can think of even slightly recently is Wraith, and calling that a nerf because survivors "didn't like" playing against him is an extreme stretch.
What other killers have they nerfed for this reason?
The last 4 killers have been Artist, Pinhead, Sadako, and Dredge. Pinhead and Dredge are pretty solid B tier and Artist is one of the best killers in the game. Sadako needs work but stealth killers always have this problem.
Before that, there was Blight, Twins, Trickster, and Nemesis. Blight is one of the best killers in the game (second only to Nurse). Twins is either A tier or high B tier. Trickster is a bit on the weaker side but still decent. Nemesis is solid B tier too.
In what world have they not been releasing viable killers? A far majority of the killers they've released in the last 2 years have been incredibly strong.
Maybe you and I have different definitions of the word viable? My definition of viable is, "Can play and reasonably get kills while having fun with the killer-specific mechanics." Is yours just, "The survivors have a literal 0% chance of surviving against this killer after I've practiced with the power for 2 games."
The main times that there have been buffs or nerfs in the PTB are most commonly for unintended mechanics.