Making it possible for the survivors to see the gamertag of who they will be facing due to grievance
So I have had someone harassing me on this game for a year now and nothing has got done. In the lobby the killer can see the survivors gamertags.. but the survivors cant see the killers. I would like for that to be changed so that I won't have to go into a match with a killer who I've known likes to spoil the fun of the game. Please Devs make it possible for the survivors to see the killers name on the screen, so that we can choose not to go against someone that likes to harass us.
Comments
Killers can already dodge/harass players just by the name, and if you let survivors see the killer some killers would just always get dodged which is lame.
A better idea would be to hide the names of survivors until the end of the trial. They they can't explicitly target you because they don't know it's you.
The whole direct link to peoples profiles should have been removed a long time ago. DBD is the only game I know where people actually put their profiles on private because of the harrassement and dodging.
Sad but true
Even if the gamertag or whatever you Xbox people play, they can still go to "Who You're Playing With" and check out the names of the people that are currently in the party.
i had to about a year ago on ps4 set messages too friends only. because i flattened a team. best and only way to deal with that crap im afraid as killer
"i want to never play against killers who beat me" is that what you're saying?
This was already present at one point and abused, which is why it was removed.
And for those who are going to complain that the Killer can still do it, yeah, there's a reason for that: because Killers don't abuse it as much as Survivors did.
The OP never said he never wanted to play against killers that beat him. Harassment is the issue, not winning or losing.
And this feature would be (ab)used to avoid Killers who beat you (not you specifically, I mean it in the general sense). It's how these things always go.
I never said it wouldn't.
Because? There's a reason that hasn't been removed: Killers do not dodge nearly as much as Survivors did back when they could.
And we know it to be true, since a long time ago survivor discovered that they could see who was the killer throught steam recently played with user and people where literally getting dodged for having nurses related achievment.
But for some reason when the dev decided to fix this they did a 360 turn and added the name of the survivor the killer was against as well as a direct link to their profile in the lobby for some unknow reason.
Killers have always been able to see Survivors' names in the lobby. It was never removed because Killers do not abuse this nearly as much as Survivors did.
No
Not in the lobby atleast.
Hell even survivor didn't see other survivor username either until the game started or if they used the chat
lmfao, killers dodge all the time.
and because people get harassed. I've had to change my steam name due to harassment more than once.
yes.. lets give survivors the ability to duck skilled Killers, and stomp on "EZ" killers even worse. No this wont get abused, truuuuusssttttt theeeeeemm.
And yet, not as much as Survivors did back when they could see Killers' profiles, or else the devs would've removed it from both sides. Time to face the facts.
If you're being harassed without justification, that's what the report system is for.
if the person is grieving you send a report ticket with video as proof
Wrong. Killers could always see them. It was only Survivors that got the ability to do so later on.
The report system is worthless and you know it.
Stop defending everything killer sided as always ffs. All I'm hearing is "I wanna see their profiles so I can dodge if I think they're SWF or really good".
Well considering your name did you per-chance raid their village under the guise of his holiness?
The report system is not worthless, and you'd know that if you'd actually used it. Peanits has proven time and time again that reports are looked at.
I don't defend anything. I'm explaining why Killers still have the ability to check Survivor profiles and why the reverse isn't true.
If you're hearing voices, you should see a doctor (not Herman).
then how am I going to tunnel people with .tv and .youtube in their names?
Haha no, I called him a camper for....well camping all game. He somehow got salty over it.
So you harassed him first. Why am I not surprised?
No they couldn't

Interesting. Seems I was wrong. Killers did have the ability to see Survivors' profiles, though, of that I'm certain. Back when infinites became widespread, there was even a blacklist with Survivors who abused them (as you can imagine, it was a very, very long list).
They saw survivor profile the same way survivor saw killer profile
Throught the steam recently played with list.
I can't really blame you for not remenbering, it was like that for like the 4 first month of game release? maybe 5
Killer have been able to see survivor username for almost 3 time longer than they couldn't see them.
Yes, remove the names of all the people in the lobby. That way, survivors can not team up in voice chat with randos at the last moment.
Survivors themselves will later ask to get the change reverted.
Get off your high horse. All you do is defend killer side no matter what. Its pathetic. Really wish this forum had a block button.
Camping and hitting someone repeatedly on the hook are not the same thing. You accused him of the former before you harassed him (yes, it's harassment), and said that he did the latter after you'd harassed him. If you'd actually said everything from the start, then I would've supported your side.
Get off your paranoid horse.
Had to change my steam name.
Seriously get lost. Not joking. Theres no good reaosn why anyone should have to constantly change their username due to ingame harassment. The fact that you defend this is ######### pathetic and just shows what a toxic little man you are.
Killers shouldnt be such snowflakes anyway. "Omg he called me a camper....guess that means i need to spend the next game tunneling him down and making him bleed out/hitting him repeatedly on the hook/mori spam"
Report such behavior and wait about 1-2 minutes until you queue up again, to avoid getting into lobbies with scum like that multiple times in a row. That's what I do in HotS, should work for DbD too.
I'm not defending anything. Like I said, get off your paranoid horse.
Thats part of the game.
It should stay like that.
Gives killers the opportunity to equip a specific loadout.
Survivors had that right a while back and abused the hell out of it, breaking lobbies everywhere.
Clearly they don't do it as often as Survivors did, or the devs would've taken it away by now.
If anyone is playing in offline mode, including the killer, they will not show on this list. Sony did this the stop the harassment that was going on fromplayers abusing it. Also, all games are required to use the block list, so if you don’t want to play with someone, just block them. It can take up to an hour for some games to get your updated list.
Unless they joined as SWF, this should absolutely be true. Give the randos a name like “Player A”, but lock out all profiles, especially on the scoreboard, until the match has completely ended.
How exactly are you harassed/griefed?
Please report that specific player and the devs will bann him. By lobby dodging him, you will just let him harass other players like us. Please remove him from the community, thanks