Why the hate for Hook Suicide?

Sure I don't do it alot. But when I get matched with solo q mates who are self-caring, crouching in the corner, or otherwise not doing gens (especially when I've had killer in chase for at least 2-3 to pop), then yeah I'm out. Killer can have the 4k, they deserve it. 🤣😭

Comments

  • @amazing_grace said:

    That's not the hook suicide that people hate. The hook suicide people hate is when the person is the first down and hooked, so they want to exit the game right away or when they are on second stage a give up as someone is on their way to get them. The hook suicides that completely throw the game where it was easily winnable to barely winnable/possible 4k.

    Those are extremely rare though. Who hook suicides if people are actually doing gens?

  • @Neprašheart said:

    You do know the reason, why're you asking? Because only losers do give up early.. And to be honest, those people should stay away from social networks and online games aswell.

    If you do care about the quality of your team mates, do play SWF; Sure, it may be a pain to search for the optimal team or group of players, but you can do it. The fact that you're excusing yourself for your own mistakes kinda puts you into the same category as those, who do Self-Care in the corner of the map. As always, neither me or you can claim that it's a bad strategy, as it's dependable on the situation you're in.

    Unless you do present a clear case scenario, I'm ready to argue as to why using Self-Care is a good strategy when it comes to Solo Queue; Of course, I don't like using the perk alone, I'd always pick Botany Knowledge when I'm at it.. Maybe even Desperate Measures.

    That's a lot of responsibility to put on casual gamers. Not everyone who plays dbd lives inside of dbd.

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125082#Comment_3125082

    It's true, but I have a feeling that there's no better word to describe such people. They do give up, so such a word does fit them perfectly.

    I can accept giving up in case you forgot to head to the toilet before starting the match and can't hold it, or in case of some sort of an emergency situation.. But just because you can't handle losing? That's what I can't accept. Unfortunately, such a mindset is even more present nowadays than it was back then. 😖

    Do you interview everyone after every match? You seem to know everyones intentions in dbd.

  • @dugman said:

    I’m with most of the posts here. I don’t care if someone kills themselves on hook when they were obviously about to die on hook anyway. But killing yourself on hook when it’s the first hook or when it’s the second hook but someone is on the way to rescue you is pretty weak sauce. Imagine if football players just went home after they got tackled or baseball players left after they struck out, it’s just really disrespectful to all the other players in the game.

    If football players and baseball players did that then I would wstch sports. That would be hilarious!

  • @AngryHobo2 said:

    My question about all of this stuff is would suiciding on hook (directly after the match has started/your first down) count as something that violates the Dead by Daylight EULA?

    Under the section "Rules of Conduct" all users of the BHVR software are prohibited from a great many number of things that make sense, as well as:

    "Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing a BHVR Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide a BHVR Service for the enjoyment of all its users."

    I find it hard to argue for the second condition, unless sacrificing yourself puts a greater strain on BHVR's queue system and servers than if you had played out a match. I have zero evidence to back up that theory though so I cannot see it as a violation.

    However, leaving the match ASAP once it has started (via sacrificing yourself or DC'ing) most definitely interferes with the ability of others to enjoy playing a BHVR service. Granted, I'm not lawyer or a BHVR staff member so if such behavior actually does breach the agreement of the EULA I don't know that.

    Personally I'd just prefer we flag all accounts that DC at the start or die within a minute and a half of the match and then give them their own little queue where they get matched with all of the quitters, but that's just me.

    What are your thoughts on this everyone?

    The same could be said about camping, tunneling, whatever else anyone deems "interfering".

    Players suiciding and disconnecting have been happening for over six years now.

    Why this is such a big problem for some of you now is the better question you probably need to answer for yourself.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340425/why-the-hate-for-hook-suicide

    Because you're completely screwing over your teammates - just because they didn't play how you wanted.

    Solo queue means you'll get looping gods, immersed self-carers and everything in between. Sometimes you'll win, sometimes you'll lose, sometimes you'll get carried and sometimes you'll have to carry yourself.

    Throwing a pout and suiciding immediately makes the game unwinnable for your allies, as well as denying the killer points and BP. It's pure BM.

    Where are the looking gods? All I get are the immersed Claud’s

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    Hook suicide isn't against rules and isn't reportable therefore it's a legit game feature players can use

    Yes and the game says to push a specific button to try and unhook yourself. Is it survivors faults that we have a 1 in 100 chance to successfully unhook ourselves? Maybe we are counting how many times we successfully unhook ourselves out of 100 attempts. The bottom line is that nobody actually knows why anyone chooses to die trying to unhook themselves unless the person tells them why.

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125955#Comment_3125955

    The same could be said about camping, tunneling, whatever else anyone deems "interfering".

    Players suiciding and disconnecting have been happening for over six years now.

    Why this is such a big problem for some of you now is the better question you probably need to answer for yourself.

    Camping and tunneling are just annoying strategies to use while playing the game. If you DC or self-sacrifice, then you're not even playing the game anymore while also interfering with everyone else. If someone is camped in a corner, it sucks for that one person, but they can do the struggle skill checks and their team might save them. People being tunneled get to try out their skills in chase. The people that are stuck in a match ruined by someone leaving early have nothing to do other than fight an uphill battle they didn't sign up for.

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125172#Comment_3125172

    So you’re telling me to have fun I either need to have people play with me or play completely different role?

    Im looking for a fun time. Having teammates that do the killers job for them isint exactly a fun time after the 80th time it’s happened. It’s not a player problem, it’s a MMR and BHVR problem. It’s not the players fault they’re matched with players that have no idea what they’re doing. No multiplayer game has teammates so horrendously bad before. Yes you’ll occasionally get you’re team that throws in other frames; in DBD, it is guaranteed you’ll get someone who does little to nothing for the team and/or does the stupidest play imaginable.

    Just had a game where 2 people got hooked and I was injured. The Kate decided to go to BASEMENT WHILE HEALTHY when 2 people are on hook and another one is going to 2nd stage. SoloQ is at an unacceptable place and the only real reason people still play it is for the very, very, very, VERY off chance you’ll find an actual decent match which is actually really enjoyable and addicting. 99% of the time you’re getting that Kate in the basement while 2 people are on hook. If anything your team is looking for an excuse to ruin YOUR games. But sure let’s blame the players that are getting oh dogged on by BHVR’s poopoo caca balance and MMR calculations that don’t even work half the time

    You make a very good point. We are just playing a video game. We didn't design the game or create the game or develop the game. We aren't logging in to work. We are logging in to entertain ourselves and sometimes the games mechanics put us into games with players who are too scared to do anything or too stoned/drunk to realize whats going on. Sometimes staying in those games makes one an enabler. Furthermore, lots of people play soloQ just to do their daily and rift quests and they don't have any intention of doing anything else besides their quests.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340425/why-the-hate-for-hook-suicide

    Because you're completely screwing over your teammates - just because they didn't play how you wanted.

    Solo queue means you'll get looping gods, immersed self-carers and everything in between. Sometimes you'll win, sometimes you'll lose, sometimes you'll get carried and sometimes you'll have to carry yourself.

    Throwing a pout and suiciding immediately makes the game unwinnable for your allies, as well as denying the killer points and BP. It's pure BM.

    So we are supposed to stay in games and let everyone play how they want, right? What if someone wants to die on the hook? According to your logic, nobody should get upset about that. Case closed.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125288#Comment_3125288

    I am getting a little tired of this "hit that ready button you know what can happen" because guess what... When you play survivor or killer, you know the other players can press M1 or whatever it is on the controller and then they can press nothing too... You know what those actions are, hook escapes and missed skill checks. If you're saying I am readying up knowing my friend can be tunneled out, then you're readying up knowing I can use those game mechanics as well.

    If it helps, 6.2.0 is going to come with a perk that stops me from missing skill checks, if it bothers you that much, run that perk.

    Excellent point. Dear killers, when you press that ready button, remember that every survivor can die on the hook. It seems pretty straight forward, to me. Everyone is allowed to play the game in the way that its designed.

  • but somehow, its ok for a killer to slug, tunnel, camp and its called strategy....well i hate to break it to anyone...but making the game unfun for others might come accross as strategy for some...but for hte other side, survivors know dying on hook takes away any fun a killer might have had. and whether or not anyone agrees with it. until they do something about all this so called "strategy" on the killers part that makes the game incredibly dull for one side. I see nothing wrong with doing whatever it takes to return the favor. its not dc'ing, its giving the killer his free kill he was so desperate for in the first place

  • @SuzuKR said:

    Hook suiciding (when it’s not for hatch/cheater) is for immature players. Don’t queue up if you can’t handle playing. Uninstall instead of ruining the game for 4 other people.

    Oh now I'm gonna login.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125309#Comment_3125309

    It's kind of worse : it's screwing* your team with all the freedom to do it immediately again without any consequence.

    It's despicable.

    *) Isn't there an automatic censor tool?

    Yes the freedom to play the game bc you paid for it.

  • @Neprašheart said:

    You do know the reason, why're you asking? Because only losers do give up early.. And to be honest, those people should stay away from social networks and online games aswell.

    If you do care about the quality of your team mates, do play SWF; Sure, it may be a pain to search for the optimal team or group of players, but you can do it. The fact that you're excusing yourself for your own mistakes kinda puts you into the same category as those, who do Self-Care in the corner of the map. As always, neither me or you can claim that it's a bad strategy, as it's dependable on the situation you're in.

    Unless you do present a clear case scenario, I'm ready to argue as to why using Self-Care is a good strategy when it comes to Solo Queue; Of course, I don't like using the perk alone, I'd always pick Botany Knowledge when I'm at it.. Maybe even Desperate Measures.

    So by your logic they should just do away with soloq and everyone should have to find people to play with? Just trying to understand the logic here because most people that play this game are solo players.

  • @AngryHobo2 said:

    My question about all of this stuff is would suiciding on hook (directly after the match has started/your first down) count as something that violates the Dead by Daylight EULA?

    Under the section "Rules of Conduct" all users of the BHVR software are prohibited from a great many number of things that make sense, as well as:

    "Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing a BHVR Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide a BHVR Service for the enjoyment of all its users."

    I find it hard to argue for the second condition, unless sacrificing yourself puts a greater strain on BHVR's queue system and servers than if you had played out a match. I have zero evidence to back up that theory though so I cannot see it as a violation.

    However, leaving the match ASAP once it has started (via sacrificing yourself or DC'ing) most definitely interferes with the ability of others to enjoy playing a BHVR service. Granted, I'm not lawyer or a BHVR staff member so if such behavior actually does breach the agreement of the EULA I don't know that.

    Personally I'd just prefer we flag all accounts that DC at the start or die within a minute and a half of the match and then give them their own little queue where they get matched with all of the quitters, but that's just me.

    What are your thoughts on this everyone?

    Then this forum definitely breaks that rule.

  • @Hawk81584 said:

    but somehow, its ok for a killer to slug, tunnel, camp and its called strategy....well i hate to break it to anyone...but making the game unfun for others might come accross as strategy for some...but for hte other side, survivors know dying on hook takes away any fun a killer might have had. and whether or not anyone agrees with it. until they do something about all this so called "strategy" on the killers part that makes the game incredibly dull for one side. I see nothing wrong with doing whatever it takes to return the favor. its not dc'ing, its giving the killer his free kill he was so desperate for in the first place

    Dying on the hook seems strategic to me sometimes. They wouldn't put hooks in the game if we weren't allowed to die on them.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125307#Comment_3125307

    Excellent point. Dear killers, when you press that ready button, remember that every survivor can die on the hook. It seems pretty straight forward, to me. Everyone is allowed to play the game in the way that its designed.

    This whole topic was about the hate for people doing it not that you can or can't do it, if you load in and find out its a killer you don't like and you make yourself get downed then hooked first just to ######### on the hook, the survivors are going to hate it because now you just made the match even harder for them and the killer is put in the spot do they kill everyone knowing its unfair or take pity on the survivors.

    That's one example of why people hate people that hook suicide not that they can do it but the reason behind it, you hit that ready button means your ready for a match and willing to face what ever killer, map and teammates if playing solo. If you get a killer you don't like play the match out instead of being entitled and killing yourself, how many killers do you see DC if they get the game knowing how many pallets are on that map.

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125071#Comment_3125071

    So by your logic they should just do away with soloq and everyone should have to find people to play with? Just trying to understand the logic here because most people that play this game are solo players.

    Yeah, just try to find some friends. Get into chat parties with strangers on dbd. Seems like a really good idea. Don't worry about your ip address on a game where people threaten to kill each other in real life. No worries, right? Can't wait to get s watted for not healing someone.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125131#Comment_3125131

    • Outside of facecamping, why let the killer tunnel your friend out? It's not the killer's job to split damage evenly, it's your team's job to protect someone being focused. Bodyblock, obfuscate, interfere, save.
    • DCs - sure. DC penalties need to be amped up.
    • What is wrong with Trickster? He's a low tier killer.

    It is amusing to see you calling killers entitled, then admitting to griefing people because they play a low tier killer that you have a weird grudge against.

    Yep they didn't like it much when i called them out on it that they are calling killers entitled but yet they play as a entitled survivor.

  • @ausanimal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126103#Comment_3126103

    This whole topic was about the hate for people doing it not that you can or can't do it, if you load in and find out its a killer you don't like and you make yourself get downed then hooked first just to ######### on the hook, the survivors are going to hate it because now you just made the match even harder for them and the killer is put in the spot do they kill everyone knowing its unfair or take pity on the survivors.

    That's one example of why people hate people that hook suicide not that they can do it but the reason behind it, you hit that ready button means your ready for a match and willing to face what ever killer, map and teammates if playing solo. If you get a killer you don't like play the match out instead of being entitled and killing yourself, how many killers do you see DC if they get the game knowing how many pallets are on that map.

    How do you magically know the reason why anyone hook suicides?

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125071#Comment_3125071

    That's a lot of responsibility to put on casual gamers. Not everyone who plays dbd lives inside of dbd.

    I wouldn't say so.. The moment you do step outta your comfort zone by getting onto social networks for the first time in your life is no different. This is just a bit expanded responsibility, but nothing too extreme to cause troubles.

    @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125085#Comment_3125085

    Do you interview everyone after every match? You seem to know everyones intentions in dbd.

    I don't interview them on my own; They do usually make it clear by or with the way they behave in the post-game chat or during the match.

    Just a week ago, I've had a team mate following me, dropping and repeatedly every single pallet on our way while I was getting to another generator just because I've refused to take those twelve seconds to heal him / her.. Yup, we were being dominated; Five hooks in total with only one repaired generator. Under such circumstances, I can't just allow to lose even more time elsewhere.

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125985#Comment_3125985

    I wouldn't say so.. The moment you do step outta your comfort zone by getting onto social networks for the first time in your life is no different. This is just a bit expanded responsibility, but nothing too extreme to cause troubles.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125991#Comment_3125991

    I don't interview them on my own; They do usually make it clear by or with the way they behave in the post-game chat or during the match.

    Just a week ago, I've had a team mate following me, dropping and repeatedly every single pallet on our way while I was getting to another generator just because I've refused to take those twelve seconds to heal him / her.. Yup, we were being dominated; Five hooks in total with only one repaired generator. Under such circumstances, I can't just allow to lose even more time elsewhere.

    I'm on console so i never see the after game chat. I understand some of the things people are saying now. That makes sense.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126185#Comment_3126185

    How do you magically know the reason why anyone hook suicides?

    Certain individuals have been creating threads, mostly on Steam, but here aswell, that they'll DC or kill themselves on the first hook in case of facing XYZ killers.

    As for why.. Well, because they're, apparently, boring to face.

    It's not all made up outta blue.

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126199#Comment_3126199

    Certain individuals have been creating threads, mostly on Steam, but here aswell, that they'll DC or kill themselves on the first hook in case of facing XYZ killers.

    As for why.. Well, because they're, apparently, boring to face.

    It's not all made up outta blue.

    Yeah but thats not the only reason ppl choose to die. After playing this game for so long you can tell what your teams general intentions are fairly quickly. Especially if you can see all of them. Plus when matchmaking puts you with noobs who just hide it can become extremely frustrating. In certain situations I def choose to die asap. Its never bc of which killer or which map though.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126220#Comment_3126220

    Yeah but thats not the only reason ppl choose to die. After playing this game for so long you can tell what your teams general intentions are fairly quickly. Especially if you can see all of them. Plus when matchmaking puts you with noobs who just hide it can become extremely frustrating. In certain situations I def choose to die asap. Its never bc of which killer or which map though.

    Maybe, maybe not; I do usually await some sort of a proof to support my assumption.

    I don't like it when my team mates do give up, regardless of the reason. Some are understandable to me, but most of them aren't, including the one you've just mentioned. Even if matchmaking puts you against too experienced killer, just don't give up! Boon totems for your team or hold M1 to repair the generators.. Like, do the least minimum, but don't give up!

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126199#Comment_3126199

    Certain individuals have been creating threads, mostly on Steam, but here aswell, that they'll DC or kill themselves on the first hook in case of facing XYZ killers.

    As for why.. Well, because they're, apparently, boring to face.

    It's not all made up outta blue.

    Yeah, a big part of it's just deduction; what's the most likely reason people want out? I'm sure sometimes they have to crap really bad or their pizza rolls are burning or some such thing, but it's not a reach to assume most just want out because things aren't going the way they want them to.

    And sure, if one wants to be a total libertarian about it they can just take the "I bought the game I can play how I want, and am not obligated to consider anything but own enjoyment" stance (and that's their right), but I personally feel like when you login to play a multiplayer online game, you're tacitly agreeing to a sort of social contract to do have at least a shred of consideration for each other, and do the bare minimum.

    Especially when you're on a team together.

    And if someone want to play with only themselves in mind, I can exercise my right to come online to say that I think they're a selfish dbag and should stick to single payer games.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126220#Comment_3126220

    Yeah, a big part of it's just deduction; what's the most likely reason people want out? I'm sure sometimes they have to crap really bad or their pizza rolls are burning or some such thing, but it's not a reach to assume most just want out because things aren't going the way they want them to.

    And sure, if one wants to be a total libertarian about it they can just take the "I bought the game I can play how I want, and am not obligated to consider anything but own enjoyment" stance (and that's their right), but I personally feel like when you login to play a multiplayer online game, you're tacitly agreeing to a sort of social contract to do have at least a shred of consideration for each other, and do the bare minimum.

    Especially when you're on a team together.

    And if someone want to play with only themselves in mind, I can exercise my right to come online to say that I think they're a selfish dbag and should stick to single payer games.

    Mmmm, pretty much. I have already about it previously in this thread, so I don't really have anything to add.. I do respond to quotations, but that's it, I guess.

  • @AngryHobo2 said:

    My question about all of this stuff is would suiciding on hook (directly after the match has started/your first down) count as something that violates the Dead by Daylight EULA?

    Under the section "Rules of Conduct" all users of the BHVR software are prohibited from a great many number of things that make sense, as well as:

    "Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing a BHVR Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide a BHVR Service for the enjoyment of all its users."

    I find it hard to argue for the second condition, unless sacrificing yourself puts a greater strain on BHVR's queue system and servers than if you had played out a match. I have zero evidence to back up that theory though so I cannot see it as a violation.

    However, leaving the match ASAP once it has started (via sacrificing yourself or DC'ing) most definitely interferes with the ability of others to enjoy playing a BHVR service. Granted, I'm not lawyer or a BHVR staff member so if such behavior actually does breach the agreement of the EULA I don't know that.

    Personally I'd just prefer we flag all accounts that DC at the start or die within a minute and a half of the match and then give them their own little queue where they get matched with all of the quitters, but that's just me.

    What are your thoughts on this everyone?

    I've posted it several times. Kobe attempts should cost in game earned blood points (8,000 per attempt). If you haven't earned enough bp, no Kobe attempt and you stay on the hook until you're saved or at least the full minute to got to phase 2.

    A lot can happen in a minute, maybe the little sad player might see a gen or two pop and change their mind. Or maybe they run right to the killer who could slug and just leave them on the ground.

    Bottom line this for you chuds that think this is totally reasonable to just quit because "well I didn't like this or that, wah I'm a baby". This is a game with near 30 killers, about 100 perks, 30+ maps, and pretty random match making. Some games will not be your cup of tea. But most games last about 10 minutes and can absolutely turn on a time in either direction. Stick it out.

    Or just uninstall. PvP isn't for you if that's the case. Nothing wrong with that. Play a single player game instead.

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126235#Comment_3126235

    Maybe, maybe not; I do usually await some sort of a proof to support my assumption.

    I don't like it when my team mates do give up, regardless of the reason. Some are understandable to me, but most of them aren't, including the one you've just mentioned. Even if matchmaking puts you against too experienced killer, just don't give up! Boon totems for your team or hold M1 to repair the generators.. Like, do the least minimum, but don't give up!

    You're talking to someome who does 5 gens on their own. Just saying. Still... some games are a sinking ship and a waste of time and effort. If the killer is running around with a survivor (whom theyre not attacking) who is pointing every other survivor out, im not going to try harder. Im adaptable and willing to play out some of the worst games, but still... some games you just know where theyre headed. I'm not interested in playing with people who are exploiting the game.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126244#Comment_3126244

    You're talking to someome who does 5 gens on their own. Just saying. Still... some games are a sinking ship and a waste of time and effort. If the killer is running around with a survivor (whom theyre not attacking) who is pointing every other survivor out, im not going to try harder. Im adaptable and willing to play out some of the worst games, but still... some games you just know where theyre headed. I'm not interested in playing with people who are exploiting the game.

    Mmm, such cases are easily understandable. Luckily, they don't happen frequently.

  • Suicide is never the RIGHT answer and the only time it is acceptable is if a killer is camping you hard waiting to get that last player attempting a rescue. So your suicide will then allow a possible hatch escape still tho its annoying when its in the first few minutes of a match

  • @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126269#Comment_3126269

    Mmm, such cases are easily understandable. Luckily, they don't happen frequently.

    I haven't played in a couple weeks bc that kept happening to me. After the last update it seemed like the game got really goofy. Ppl were doing the weirdest things.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126147#Comment_3126147

    Yeah, just try to find some friends. Get into chat parties with strangers on dbd. Seems like a really good idea. Don't worry about your ip address on a game where people threaten to kill each other in real life. No worries, right? Can't wait to get s watted for not healing someone.

    I just don't understand why people think that everyone wants to be forced to get into a group with others. Sometimes I like to play solo because it's quiet and easier to think. Unfortunately haven't been playing much lately because soloq is a disaster area.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126147#Comment_3126147

    Yeah, just try to find some friends. Get into chat parties with strangers on dbd. Seems like a really good idea. Don't worry about your ip address on a game where people threaten to kill each other in real life. No worries, right? Can't wait to get s watted for not healing someone.

    I'll take 'what is a VPN?' for $400, Alex.

    @Lekitzul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340425/why-the-hate-for-hook-suicide

    I will suicide on the hook if I literally second hook and no one made an attempt to save me.

    In certain, vanishingly rare cases, it can be more beneficial for the team to let someone hit stage two.

    For example - killer is proxying, you're all on gens that are pretty close and the person who went to unhook is being chased.

  • @badrepo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125538#Comment_3125538

    There is no way to prevent someone from being tunneled. If the killer wants you gone you will die, period. The only variable is if he throws the game to do it, or not.

    Go and watch some of the recent HCS stuff. Plenty of situations where someone is tunneled or camped and the team gets them out just fine.

    Takes a bit of coordination and common sense.

    @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125231#Comment_3125231

    Where are the looking gods? All I get are the immersed Claud’s

    No, you don't.

    You're exaggerating.

    I've been working hard on improving my survivor game, and I see a solid variety of people. Some are not great. Some are fantastic. That said, it is a very understandable reaction to look for targets for blame when the game is lost.

    Sometimes people...just get outplayed. Or get unlucky.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126220#Comment_3126220

    Yeah but thats not the only reason ppl choose to die. After playing this game for so long you can tell what your teams general intentions are fairly quickly. Especially if you can see all of them. Plus when matchmaking puts you with noobs who just hide it can become extremely frustrating. In certain situations I def choose to die asap. Its never bc of which killer or which map though.

    One thing you have to keep in mind if you get matched with new players is at one point you were new to the game and possibly doing the same thing or something else till you learnt better, teach them in the match even if you don't escape be the better person and not ######### try and help the new players.

    When i play killer if i feel like i have come across a new player i'll ease up on them and let them learn the game a bit even do more chases with them so they start to learn how to loop, why do i do that because i know at one point i was new to the game and had to learn everything and it sucked when a killer just got you out of the match asap.

  • @ausanimal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126235#Comment_3126235

    One thing you have to keep in mind if you get matched with new players is at one point you were new to the game and possibly doing the same thing or something else till you learnt better, teach them in the match even if you don't escape be the better person and not ######### try and help the new players.

    When i play killer if i feel like i have come across a new player i'll ease up on them and let them learn the game a bit even do more chases with them so they start to learn how to loop, why do i do that because i know at one point i was new to the game and had to learn everything and it sucked when a killer just got you out of the match asap.

    How does a soloQ survivor teach other soloQ survivors to play better? Theres no voice communication. I understand and ageee with what you are saying, but this game doesn't really offer the option to communicate with others unless you invite them to a party and the majority of soloQ players don't join parties.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126191#Comment_3126191

    I'll take 'what is a VPN?' for $400, Alex.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125298#Comment_3125298

    In certain, vanishingly rare cases, it can be more beneficial for the team to let someone hit stage two.

    For example - killer is proxying, you're all on gens that are pretty close and the person who went to unhook is being chased.

    You wanna pay for my vpn? It's easier to not play than follow all of these suggestions.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340425/why-the-hate-for-hook-suicide

    Because you're completely screwing over your teammates - just because they didn't play how you wanted.

    Solo queue means you'll get looping gods, immersed self-carers and everything in between. Sometimes you'll win, sometimes you'll lose, sometimes you'll get carried and sometimes you'll have to carry yourself.

    Throwing a pout and suiciding immediately makes the game unwinnable for your allies, as well as denying the killer points and BP. It's pure BM.

    Who wants an immerse Claudette who never touches a gen and runs into the killer’s power when they’re not even the one getting chased? Maybe if you want a good laugh but who wants that the majority of their matches?

    That would cause so many people to take a break from DBD. Killer Q times are going to be even longer if people aren’t allowed to a leave match where your team is literally doing the killer’s job for them. The people that DC just beacuse they got downed first ARE immature and do need to grow up, I agree with that. But it is so infuriating trying your very, very best to carry a match, putting it your all, then watching your team spit on that hard work by making the worst decisions they could’ve possibly made. It’s like if you’re in a group project and when you do all the work while your partner does absolute nothing, and it’s time to present they just say some random BS not even follow your presentation; giving you a failing grade because of them. I get I signed up when playing SoloQ but that dos not make it acceptable to give me that type of experiencing when I gave you $60 + DLC hoping you fix it.

    Like with SWF you have a team and even if you lose or even if your team sucks you laugh it off cuz they’re your friends. With Killers you only really have yourself to blame if you lose unless someone like 4% and gets hatch or a game breaking glitch happens. Even when going against a SWF it’s been proven time and time again it is possible. Weather it’s fair or not is totally diffent matter but I digress.

    Like I’m an A-hole for ruining the match but the immersed Claud gets a free pass? I just disagree with that 🤷‍♂️

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125207#Comment_3125207

    You make a very good point. We are just playing a video game. We didn't design the game or create the game or develop the game. We aren't logging in to work. We are logging in to entertain ourselves and sometimes the games mechanics put us into games with players who are too scared to do anything or too stoned/drunk to realize whats going on. Sometimes staying in those games makes one an enabler. Furthermore, lots of people play soloQ just to do their daily and rift quests and they don't have any intention of doing anything else besides their quests.

    Honestly the only reason I regularly play SoloQ beacuse the matches that are fun are REALLY fun and peak DBD. Like having a teammate that gets that game changing flash save with 0 comms. Or your entire team trying to figure a way to save the person on hook in endgame. It is ADDICTING and extremely fun to play those types of matches. But instead I just get bad players who literally do not know how the game works. It’s so painful when you put in so much work to carry but you get shafted anyway. And when you play with SWF that are good you’re a toxic gen rusher. You play to have fun you’re a toxic bullyer. Survivors can’t really win. It goes both ways with the survivor rule book and just baby rage and entitlement a lot of survivors have.

  • Hook suiciding shows the state of the game where survivor is really hopeless and unwinnable.

    Survivors would be better to take a pass on queuing up, otherwise DLCs will always be centered around OP killers, strong killer perks, and nerfing survivors with weak perks.

  • @dugman said:

    I’m with most of the posts here. I don’t care if someone kills themselves on hook when they were obviously about to die on hook anyway. But killing yourself on hook when it’s the first hook or when it’s the second hook but someone is on the way to rescue you is pretty weak sauce. Imagine if football players just went home after they got tackled or baseball players left after they struck out, it’s just really disrespectful to all the other players in the game.

    I really like your analogy for this.

  • I'm fine with those hook suicides. I think alot of solo players get it. It's the ones who, not even a couple minutes in, throw a hissy fit and bow out. At least try.

  • @Lekitzul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340425/why-the-hate-for-hook-suicide

    I will suicide on the hook if I literally second hook and no one made an attempt to save me.

    I've never let go on hook purposely, but those scenarios are absolutely the times when I am so tempted. As it is, there's been times I've been let go to second stage and unhooked last second, and then gone on to have an amazing game and escape. Remembering those games helps me hold out.

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126389#Comment_3126389

    How does a soloQ survivor teach other soloQ survivors to play better? Theres no voice communication. I understand and ageee with what you are saying, but this game doesn't really offer the option to communicate with others unless you invite them to a party and the majority of soloQ players don't join parties.

    soloQ really needs something to let others know what your doing being something next to your name like in chase to help soloQ big time, things i know worked for me was pointing at stuff like a gen to do even if one of us got hit, if they are healing teabag so they let you heal them and end game chat give tips i think you might of said you play on console not sure. It is really though no matter what you try i will agree with you on that.

    Something is better then just giving up and killing yourself on hook because then they start to think its fine to do that and it just spreads.

  • @Oscarnator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3126059#Comment_3126059

    Honestly the only reason I regularly play SoloQ beacuse the matches that are fun are REALLY fun and peak DBD. Like having a teammate that gets that game changing flash save with 0 comms. Or your entire team trying to figure a way to save the person on hook in endgame. It is ADDICTING and extremely fun to play those types of matches. But instead I just get bad players who literally do not know how the game works. It’s so painful when you put in so much work to carry but you get shafted anyway. And when you play with SWF that are good you’re a toxic gen rusher. You play to have fun you’re a toxic bullyer. Survivors can’t really win. It goes both ways with the survivor rule book and just baby rage and entitlement a lot of survivors have.

    Not every swf that play to have fun is toxic bullys or gen rushers a lot of them just want to have fun but finding a killer willing to meme around with them and have a laugh is hard, it starts to become toxic bullys when you have a 4 man swf and all they want to do is blind you as much as they can and not care about gens, is that fun for the killer even more when they switch at the last second so the killer can't even put on lightborn.

    The only way things will get better is if all of us as a community step up and be the bigger person and help out the new people, not hook suicide, not camp a survivor at 5 gens, if all new people see is the ######### things people complain about then guess what happens they start to do the same thing.

    But it's a major ask to ask each side to step up and be the better person, remember that this is only a game and to try and have fun with out ruining someone else's experience.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    make the most of it for the next few weeks, you won't be doing that on my watch

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0O2VL3A423YN/rebeccachambers.jpg

    Oh I'm going to run reassurance just so people can't hook suicide I absolutely despise hook suiciders

  • @Gary_Coleman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125231#Comment_3125231

    So we are supposed to stay in games and let everyone play how they want, right? What if someone wants to die on the hook? According to your logic, nobody should get upset about that. Case closed.

    It shows the character of people when things get tough or they don't get their way they simply give up. Why even play if your just going to give up continually your just a selfish player....Anyhow I do not know why your so mad and so entitled but after reading so many of your responses you just seem to be a very angry person that should actually take a break from the game if it is causing you to be so mad all the time.

  • What if the survivor on hook is a gigabrain and knows by what they see upon the hook the outcome of the match? I like to prove those types wrong but I've yet to be proven wrong myself. I mean I've gotten hatch before but God I hate playing for hatch.

    Tldr; Gigabrain will stay in match for you but everyone will die.

1 2 3