So why did we,add to the grind,at all again?

image.png

The decision to make the act of prestige cost BPs is still immenslly bizzare to me and I do not understand it. What the hell was going through the mind of the devs here? Anyone have any thoughts on why would they add this at all?

Comments

  • Because... reasons...

  • I would never in my dreams think of adding prestige tax during grind reduction operation.

    And I still cannot believe it

  • I wouldn't have been mad about paying BP to prestige if it wasn't for the fact that you now have to finish the 50th bloodweb to get to the prestige page.


    They made it more tedious to prestige and pointless to prestige beyond 9

  • Because devs wanted to increase the grind and that you can't never complete it now.

  • Im more annoyed that all the perks i bought in the shrine are now tier 1 after paying for them already.

    And i thought it was meant to be less of a grind.

  • the problem i see is that you have to prestige once you finish lvl 50, because you dont get much high-value-items when you return to lvl 1 all the time. Its not even an option not to prestige.

  • @sulaiman said:

    the problem i see is that you have to prestige once you finish lvl 50, because you dont get much high-value-items when you return to lvl 1 all the time. Its not even an option not to prestige.

    I never thought about that, it sucks. You really don't get anything of value until you're maybe up to level 30 again i think.

    They are reworking the bloodweb stuff though right? or was that just a rumour?

  • @Zen_but_not_Zen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095380#Comment_3095380

    I never thought about that, it sucks. You really don't get anything of value until you're maybe up to level 30 again i think.

    They are reworking the bloodweb stuff though right? or was that just a rumour?

    yeah they are but that's like

    happening some time maybe idunno who knows

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    Im more annoyed that all the perks i bought in the shrine are now tier 1 after paying for them already.

    And i thought it was meant to be less of a grind.

    Not sure what you mean.

    If you bought a perk from the shrine it should automatically be unlocked at tier 1 on every character.

    If you already had that perk at a higher tier on some characters they should have stayed at the higher tier. They shouldn't have reverted back to t1.

    Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

  • I mean yea that change is pretty random and weird but its not gonna put you into ruins does it? Idk there are other things to complain about than that...

  • The bigger or higher grind, the more must each player spend playing the game to achieve the desired progress.

    They've felt, like people .. Dunno, don't mind grinding at all? That'd be suitable as a reason for the change. Thing is, people have already complained about the grind, and it got much worse now.

    New players will have to put in over three times as many hours to get bloody cosmetics on characters, not to mention to get all the desired perks!


    What I don't understand is that people have been praising those changes. They've been happy for the announced changes, so the developers have decided to make them happy.. Somehow, they're unhappy with it now? Are people lazy to think nowadays, are they trying to troll the developers, or what?

    There were numerous threads about it, and over 80% of responses were praising the upcoming changes (the Prestige Patch, which is already live), whereas only around one outta ten players have been complaining and claiming that it'd furthermore increase the grind.

    I am happy that I don't get to lose items, add-ons, and offerings.. But as someone, who never uses them because they do cause balance issues (applies to Toolboxes and Realm offerings especially), this Patch was certainly not for me.

    Give me the option to pay.. ~50 - 100 - 150k Bloodpoints per each tier of the desired perk.. But don't force me to go through all the useless items, add-ons, and offerings! I don't use them, why can't I, at least, sell them for half of what I've spent for them?!



    Sometimes, you just wonder what could've been going on inside their heads while they were thinking about the next updates.. 😴

  • You ever try to push for a policy change at work, but someone higher up is completely resistant to change and insists on keeping it the way it was? And even when you do get approval to change it, it gets sabotaged from up above so it's not really different in any meaningful way? Seems like that's happening with the "grind reduction". Devs know it should be reduced or non-existent, but someone very important loves a stupid grind more than anything.

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    Im more annoyed that all the perks i bought in the shrine are now tier 1 after paying for them already.

    And i thought it was meant to be less of a grind.

    Perks you buy in the shrine always show up at Tier 1 for the first time in Blood Webs. This isn't any different.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You ever try to push for a policy change at work, but someone higher up is completely resistant to change and insists on keeping it the way it was? And even when you do get approval to change it, it gets sabotaged from up above so it's not really different in any meaningful way? Seems like that's happening with the "grind reduction". Devs know it should be reduced or non-existent, but someone very important loves a stupid grind more than anything.

    Best way anyone ever tried to describe this situation ♥️

    And I think it's the same that happened on other topics as well

    *Looking at you, P3 "reward" 👀*

  • @DH3206 said:

    Because... reasons...

    The Grind is part of tbe business model

  • @kizuati said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XIB4OCX54OAF/image.png

    The decision to make the act of prestige cost BPs is still immenslly bizzare to me and I do not understand it. What the hell was going through the mind of the devs here? Anyone have any thoughts on why would they add this at all?

    @KnotEnthusiast said:

    Howdy folks, it's your favourite angry DBD nerd here to be annoyed a second time. I made a post after the "grind reduction" was first announced, where I did some math to determine that the grind reduction seemed to be in name only:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330040/we-reduced-the-grind-except-we-kinda-didnt

    This discussion was responded to by @Peanits :

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3017065#Comment_3017065

    Who said that the fact that you could get all killers to P1 and then level accordingly in the most efficient way possible would result in substantial BP gains as you leveled up more and more killers. So I've been thinking about that, and because I am a total nerd and dislike losing my sweet sweet BBQ bonus, I figured I'd actually calculate that value.

    So! We can start by explaining what the most efficient way of getting all perks on every killer, then calculate the number of levels required, then compare them to the current method. I'm also going to ignore inherent inefficiencies in starting out leveling, such as that before you unlock any teachables in the new method, a small number of levels will be wasted on bloodwebs that have no perks, as you will not have enough perk levels to fill every bloodweb up to 50. I also will assume you get the RNG that results in the most favourable amount of bloodwebs possible, and no perks get eaten. I'll also be calculating for killer, because there are fewer and therefore less work.

    Most efficient level up method in the new system:

    Much like the most efficient method in the current build, the best way to get all perks starts with getting all teachables on every killer. So, every killer goes up to level 50, then prestiged. But once we hit this point, then things get a bit more complicated:

    Between P1 and P3, there exist 100 levels that will unlock 120 perk tiers. However, as you P3 more and more killers, the number of perks you have to buy to complete a killer drops, as you unlock more teachables by P2 and P3ing. So to get the most optimal leveling system, you have to find the balance between leveling up killers to P3 to remove their tiers from later bloodwebs, but not so many that you're wasting BP that didn't need to be spent. So, being a good nerd, I did what I had to do:

    I MADE A SPREADSHEET.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LV66TJ5IXMTD/bpmaths.xlsx

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IF22MABS40KB/image.png

    Using this spreadsheet, I found that P3ing either 14 or 13 killers resulted in the least BP used, at roughly 3458 levels used. Notably less than the current 4182, but nowhere near the magical 75% reduction that the devs keep touting, and not even close enough to warrant the loss of BP bonuses on perks. This also isn't counting the new 50k BP fee to prestige, which is basically just an extra level that provides no perks to your total. I'd love to have my maths proven wrong, so if anyone sees a mistake, let me know.

    TL:DR: I made a spreadsheet to find that the grind has reduced 18%, from 4182 levels required to 3458, not the magical 75%. According to Peanits, this should have been the most BP saved, but I'm still hard pressed to see how this new system required that BBQ and WGLF needed to be nerfed. This feels like the BP grind is simply going to get much worse, and urge the devs to make their BP bonuses base kit.

    You are welcome

  • As someone who didn't prestige all my characters before the update (wasn't going to happen regardless), I can in fact say the grind is 10x worse. Especially for killer, which I didn't have everyone at level 50 or prestiged. Also, I've noticed I'm getting less bloodpoints than before, and I'm definitely not getting better add-ons even with those I've prestiged up to 4. I do like the new blood web system, but it still feels like forever getting perks unlocked to tier 3. I feel bad for new players just coming into the game because it will take a loooonng time to get all perks unlocked and tier 3. I mean, it's bad for me because I didn't have them all done anyways. But I did get a head start... I just agree. I don't see how they fixed the grind other than the entity taking over more quickly so it feels like you're leveling up quicker, when you're really not.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XIB4OCX54OAF/image.png

    The decision to make the act of prestige cost BPs is still immenslly bizzare to me and I do not understand it. What the hell was going through the mind of the devs here? Anyone have any thoughts on why would they add this at all?

    @ShinobuSK said:

    I would never in my dreams think of adding prestige tax during grind reduction operation.

    And I still cannot believe it

    My guess is that this was a 'two birds at once' idea.

    The grind for perks will be shorter, overall.

    However, you'll have less access to high tier addons.

    I think BHVR wanted to reduce the number of purples and iris people run.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I mean yea that change is pretty random and weird but its not gonna put you into ruins does it? Idk there are other things to complain about than that...

    There's always other, worse things to complain about. That's not an argument to not voice criticism.

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    Im more annoyed that all the perks i bought in the shrine are now tier 1 after paying for them already.

    And i thought it was meant to be less of a grind.

    The makes sense if you only bought them once. It unlocks on level 1 for all relevant characters, which does reduce the grind if you cared about having the perk on multiple characters. If you don't, you likely already have it on tier 3 for the character(s) you care about and it affects nothing.

    I also noticed that perks I bought after unlocking for bloodpoints showed up as tier 2 when other perks were 1 (ex: 1 green and 2 yellow perks on Trapper)

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I mean yea that change is pretty random and weird but its not gonna put you into ruins does it? Idk there are other things to complain about than that...

    whataboutism bad.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337541/so-why-did-we-add-to-the-grind-at-all-again

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095358#Comment_3095358

    My guess is that this was a 'two birds at once' idea.

    The grind for perks will be shorter, overall.

    However, you'll have less access to high tier addons.

    I think BHVR wanted to reduce the number of purples and iris people run.

    I dunno,they said they will address the addon/node issue..


    might be a reactionary move due to the community negative feedback though

  • Muh bloodpoint economy

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095791#Comment_3095791

    I dunno,they said they will address the addon/node issue..

    might be a reactionary move due to the community negative feedback though

    Yeah, BHVR say...a lot of things. Many of which end up being postponed and then abandoned (cough status icons).

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095926#Comment_3095926

    Yeah, BHVR say...a lot of things. Many of which end up being postponed and then abandoned (cough status icons).

    tentatively scheduling a balanced patch for year 10

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095420#Comment_3095420

    There's always other, worse things to complain about. That's not an argument to not voice criticism.

    That is true but sadly this doesnt apply to everything. Since this "issue" is rather known and many ppl agree on it it is fine to talk about it but I bet if I would make a thread about something simiular that is questionable no one would care at all about it xD

  • Because of the "bP EcOnoMY"

  • The goal was not really to reduce the grind, at least not for everyone. That is just the red herring; the real goal was to create a long term goal for players and also push their new matchmaking incentive system. THAT is why we needed to wait for the "grind reduction" when all they would have had to do was adjust bloodwebs slightly.

  • It's gonna cost 200k BP for 10 Prestiges and 2 million for Prestige 100.

  • I lost all my progress by mistake and decided to return to the game after the update and upgrade my characters again, all the characters are still hard to upgrade, and they also add a fee for prestige, what kind of nonsense is this

  • @shitman said:

    I lost all my progress by mistake and decided to return to the game after the update and upgrade my characters again, all the characters are still hard to upgrade, and they also add a fee for prestige, what kind of nonsense is this

    bhvr style sense

  • I was one of those people that had all my characters leveled to 40 just to get the teachables, then I mained one survivor… so now all my other survivors are screwed because teachables got removed. So if I want perks on another survivor, I have to go back to every level 40 survivor and prestige them.

    im annoyed

  • The fact that we are forced to prestige is stupid...many addons are in the higher ranks so we cant get them as easy now or if ever... this wasn't helpful.

  • Prestige tax is fine I guess; you pay forthe teachables.

    But the bloodwebs suck, I hate being level 1 when I want addons..

  • Reward for a price I guess.

  • Becasue the didn't actually want to reduce the grind they just wanna say they did.

  • They didn't, they reduced it.

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095374#Comment_3095374

    Perks you buy in the shrine always show up at Tier 1 for the first time in Blood Webs. This isn't any different.

    Not since 6.1.0. When you buy a perk in the shrine it is immediately given to all characters at tier 1. Tiers 2 and 3 show up in bloodwebs after that. If you buy it twice in the shrine it is given to everyone at T2, and if you buy it a third time it is given to everyone at T3.

  • @PaintedDeath said:

    They didn't, they reduced it.

    Although they're reduced it, that's just the first part - Not the final result.

    Yes, they've reduced the grind a bit, but they've also heavily decreased the bloodpoint gain. The change is so huge, that you'll barely get over ~33% of a level 50 bloodweb per a match, while it was still possible to get more than one level 50 bloodweb with past WGLF or BBQ.

    In the end, this means a heavily increased grind with add-ons, offerings, and items of decreased quality aswell.

  • They need us to play the game more, so they want the grind, but they also want to appear super nice, so they claim they reduce the grind while doing the exact opposite.

  • Being forced to prestige is so trash. I'm barely getting anyyy iris :(

  • Maybe, hear me out, it's intended. It's intended to cut down the number of iri's you get. Maybe it's intended to slow down how fast people get through the bloodweb. Maybe it's intended, to both give you what you want as well as control the economy.

    Maybe.

  • @Ladyinadress18 said:

    I was one of those people that had all my characters leveled to 40 just to get the teachables, then I mained one survivor… so now all my other survivors are screwed because teachables got removed. So if I want perks on another survivor, I have to go back to every level 40 survivor and prestige them.

    im annoyed

    No, they aren't. Quite the opposite, in fact. If you leveled a character only enough to unlock a teachable, the teachable remains unlocked and the Tier 1 version is given to all characters who didn't already have it higher.

    If you check a Survivor you barely touched they should have a lot more perks than you'd expect. The flip side is is you want all your characters to have perks in Tier 2 or 3, you'll have a bit more leveling to do, but you've otherwise gained more than you've lost in the update. Especially since the devs' made an effort to make sure you'd lose nothing you'd previously unlocked.

  • I created the same post a few days ago. The devs are just ridiculously flawed at their job.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3096260#Comment_3096260

    No, they aren't. Quite the opposite, in fact. If you leveled a character only enough to unlock a teachable, the teachable remains unlocked and the Tier 1 version is given to all characters who didn't already have it higher.

    If you check a Survivor you barely touched they should have a lot more perks than you'd expect. The flip side is is you want all your characters to have perks in Tier 2 or 3, you'll have a bit more leveling to do, but you've otherwise gained more than you've lost in the update. Especially since the devs' made an effort to make sure you'd lose nothing you'd previously unlocked.

    I may have missed this, thank you for the info!

  • @kizuati said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XIB4OCX54OAF/image.png

    The decision to make the act of prestige cost BPs is still immenslly bizzare to me and I do not understand it. What the hell was going through the mind of the devs here? Anyone have any thoughts on why would they add this at all?

    Same reason they took away BP bonus from BBQ/WGLF. They know the grind keeps people playing so they had to offset much of the grind reduction that they bragged about to the community. For players like me, the grind is actually worse now. Thanks devs

  • My favorite thing is them acknowledging that people didn't like it and instead of scrapping it they just lowered the amount.

  • Thanks to starting over at 1 every time, it took me 1.5 million BP to get THREE iri addons. Instead of, like, 1 per web as it was before.

    They REALLY didn't think this new system through, like at all.

  • game should live so long....

  • @TheWheelOfCheese said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3095582#Comment_3095582

    Not since 6.1.0. When you buy a perk in the shrine it is immediately given to all characters at tier 1. Tiers 2 and 3 show up in bloodwebs after that. If you buy it twice in the shrine it is given to everyone at T2, and if you buy it a third time it is given to everyone at T3.

    that is so dumb they really didn't reduce jack.

    I think the dev want everyone to quit vets and new players...

    @Neprašheart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3096405#Comment_3096405

    Although they're reduced it, that's just the first part - Not the final result.

    Yes, they've reduced the grind a bit, but they've also heavily decreased the bloodpoint gain. The change is so huge, that you'll barely get over ~33% of a level 50 bloodweb per a match, while it was still possible to get more than one level 50 bloodweb with past WGLF or BBQ.

    In the end, this means a heavily increased grind with add-ons, offerings, and items of decreased quality aswell.

    @Beatricks said:

    They need us to play the game more, so they want the grind, but they also want to appear super nice, so they claim they reduce the grind while doing the exact opposite.


    dev must think we all dumb wow.

‹ 1 2