RUIN is crutch?
So yesterday I played for the first time billy with ruin 3 (I hadn't unlocked it before, so u can imagine the genrush hell I went every season before with all other killers) on haddonfield.
I killed all and the last survivor went absolute mad and was so triggered about me using ruin on billy. She was telling me that ruin is a crutch and only bad killers need that, especially on billy.
She complained about slugging the 2nd last survivor aswell but I only did that cuz she was standing right next to him trying to heal.
I never had issues vs ruin, is this a normal complain?
I killed all and the last survivor went absolute mad and was so triggered about me using ruin on billy. She was telling me that ruin is a crutch and only bad killers need that, especially on billy.
She complained about slugging the 2nd last survivor aswell but I only did that cuz she was standing right next to him trying to heal.
I never had issues vs ruin, is this a normal complain?
Comments
Yes, hard counters take up resources and time. Do you believe they should come freely? The counters have already been pointed out to you several times.
A Nurse's Calling, back when it was released, had a trigger radius that was identical to the terror radius. That meant that Killers could leave an area, wait for the Survivor to start healing, come back, and get an aura reading, even though the Survivor did everything right by waiting until they were out of the TR to start healing.
I suggested a nerf to this perk (as far as I know, I was the first person to suggest it) because it seemed unfair that a Survivor could do everything right and still get shafted by a perk they'd just countered.
I think Self-Care and Decisive Strike are overpowered for the reasons I laid out. Regardless of the time or soft counters, they are fundamentally broken or otherwise take advantage of what I believe to be broken aspects of the game.
Then you could make the same argument that "Ruin stops survivors from taking advantage of gen rushing." I don't even think Ruin is overpowered, I'm just showing your argument isn't very strong.
I do believe if you use Ruin on Nurse or Billy, it doesn't mean anything. If you NEED it to win with those two, then you're probably just bad at those two, which is fine.
funny, you can do everything right and get rekt by bbq, but its not broken for you.
btw i have been pointed out thet there are millions of counters, not the counters explicit. hiding behind gens for bbq? that means prediction of the perk and time waste, and having a gen near. it means no sneaking to unhook or being around or hiding to get hatch
Gen rushing is a symptom of a bigger problem (lack of objectives). Ruin is just a band-aid solution. Neither has anything to do with what I said.
If you get rekt by BBQ, you did something wrong. Counters are supposed to take up resources; don't expect free hand-outs every time.
Some counters:
Gen rushing is the killer's lack of doing anything to threaten survivors who are completing their objective. The only issue is the first hook. As soon as there is a single hook, there are now other objectives for the survivors. Ruin helps with that first part.
Go look up the depip squad's experiment. Gen rushing has little to do with what the Killer does.
And I kinda regret dumping a million bloodpoints on the Hag (a killer I've played twice) just to earn a perk I never use, on any killer. Shoulda Woulda, but I find those dead rabbits much more powerful than Ruin.
And I agree completely, if I face you some time and you decide to use DS, SB, SC, Alert, and an Instaheal, so be it, no crying. Should I expect you to equip yourself to maximize your chances to get slaughtered instead?
Their experiment is extremely outdated, from a time when killer was far weaker, and wasn't even relevant when it wasn't outdated. Absolutely no one plays like that.
So what would be considered a "crutch"? If it's anything that someone considers powerful, wouldn't killer choice also be considered a "crutch" if you pick a high tier killer?
I just watched tru3ta1ent for like two hours and not a single team he went against played like that. No they don't.
It's much better to watch his youtube videos cuz he's uploading most likely those insane tryhard games.
For example this
Or this
These are just some of his latest, he has some much more insane matches but I don't have the time to search them.
What I'm trying to say: EU players verse these people much more than anyone else. At least that's my personal experience from playing on EU servers and watching non EU players live streams
You can still work on a gen while hiding behind it, it just takes a split second to change your position if you weren't in the right one whenever you see someone picked up in order to get hooked. And yes, you predict someone "may" have BBQ, as well as you predict someone "may" have Dead Hard when chasing someone. Turns out you find out real fast if your prediction was right or wrong.
Running towards the radius where BBQ doesn't work also works as shortening the distance between the hooked player and yourself, should you choose to go for the unhook.
The only real time waster would be to try the "juke for 4 seconds" if you're too far away from the picked up survivor, or far away from a gen. And you should only try those if facing Billy or Nurse (maybe Spirit?), aka, the only killers able to cut that distance in an efficient manner.
Or facing Scott's Huntress and his circus crossmap throws.
Did you really just cite evidence with hand-selected games that were sweaty and therefore actually worth watching? Really? No ######### he's not going to upload the 50 other boring games with megheads that just sprint into him and die - that's not even fun to watch.
Because you respond to everyone and tell them they're wrong for the reasons you mentioned. But your reasons are not true, they're your opinion. Selfcare and Nurses calling are strong, but balanced perks. Believe in the truth of the mob. Arguments differ, especially extremes like your killerbiased ones. The truth is often the middle ground. Lots of people complain about DS, Noed, Ruin, so its probably true that they're crutches.
Note how I said "on release", and explained why. And yeah, I'm so "killerbiased" that I was the first person to suggest a nerf to A Nurse's Calling, which resulted in what you now call the balanced version.
You seem really really proud that you were WORLD FIRST to suggest that A Nurse's Calling needed a nerf. Not giving you ######### I just found that funny I'm sorry
Then take selfcare as an example. You think its overpowered and breaks the game. I think its healthy for the game and a weaker selfcare can be baseline for the game. It closes the gap between SWF and solo which is a bigger problem and it takes a perk slot like old brutal strength, making perk choices less variant and more meta.
You think its broken that getting hit has no long lasting consequences. But there is no other game where getting hit has permanent consequences. Every game lets you heal without leaving you penalised for getting hit.
That's what I've read a lot of times here in the forum, I guess I just haven't made the time to learn her.
What? How can you be more unbiased than just picking the last random two hours of his stream? ######### is this
You are trying to make the argument that a set of specifically picked games is more unbiased than a random sampling from his stream, and then call me illogical. Are you just trolling me at this point?
When did I say that? I just simple said that ur point isn't valid, no matter what I tried to show before. The clips were just examples, ofc I'm not going to spend the rest of my day and link every single video just to show it to you lol
Then you must agree your point is just as invalid, which means there's absolutely no proof people play like that in EU.
youtube videos are not good to prove anything. people in this game and other saying "that ######### character is good just see xxx to see how it is done git gut" are really dumb if they think youtubers dont select their matches hard before uploading.the survivors i face vs the survivors truetalent faces in waaaay higher ranks are a poor show. somtimes im like what the hell are they doing? while watching videos
You presented your statement as a fact... "EU players are better blah blah", "your region is not as good blah blah". You are now back peddling so hard you've tripped, fallen from your uni cycle and the seat is stuck up your ass.
Scott gave an average two hours as an example. You gave two videos selected for youtube for entertainment purposes that shouldn't be boring. The average game, in EVERY region, is basically just MegHeads running around. Those who think otherwise are usually not great at the game (which is fine) and need to blame the game to cover their downfalls.
Someone here for example who face camps as Wraith, suggested a change in the game that all M1 killers have built in bloodlust 1, because he did some math concerning a scenario that NEVER happens in game.
Megheads......lol
I like Megs but boy do I know exactly what you mean with that word lol
Poor Meg, their hearts are always in the right place but they could definitely learn to spend a few seconds thinking before doing something.
@DwightsLifeMatters Your original post was this actually -
"Idk where ur playing DbD (NA I guess?) but EU players are absolutely tryhards, especially from germany, Spain and England. They really play like the depip squad "
I lived in the USA my whole life. Played DBD since Beta. Moved from USA to Germany this April.
Want to know the difference between NA and EU from someone who has experienced both regions?
Absolutely nothing.
As far as the original post. All perks are crutches, one way or the other. Some more than others.
If you wanna talk tryhards, you should try playing people from Mexico. I invite you to play some Gears of War sometimes. I live on the east coast and still get rooms full of people from Mexico and South America. And boy do they sweat!
PS. No insults to Mexicans or anything. But this is really a thing on Gears. The game is insanely popular down there.
Hey there ESE! We must win at something! And you should try Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on PS3, to see just how tryhard a tryhard can get.
I have Xbox not PS, but I could imagine. Again I'm not bashing Mexicans, just making a point that they will SWEAT all game every game. These EU guys should give it a shot if they want to see real try harding.
I understand what you're saying, but at this point, not cleansing all totems when playing against a freddy or a wraith is just an irresponsibility
Here, fixed it for you.
"Just do totems"
I do all the totems
Gates Power
Killer sees NOED didn't proc and quits
Totally not a crutch.
I'm guessing that's a Ghost Recon reference? Unless you mean swatting like a streamer or something. That I usually attribute to Russians. LOL
No, just meant playing like a SWAT team. Coordination, communication, aggression, marksmanship wise. LMAO
@Condorloco_26 OHHH that makes sense yes. They probably also do that thing where they enter a room and yell CLEAR but IDK what it is in Spanish.
That would be "Despejado" or "Libre", depending on who you're playing with.
EU LUL