RUIN is crutch?
So yesterday I played for the first time billy with ruin 3 (I hadn't unlocked it before, so u can imagine the genrush hell I went every season before with all other killers) on haddonfield.
I killed all and the last survivor went absolute mad and was so triggered about me using ruin on billy. She was telling me that ruin is a crutch and only bad killers need that, especially on billy.
She complained about slugging the 2nd last survivor aswell but I only did that cuz she was standing right next to him trying to heal.
I never had issues vs ruin, is this a normal complain?
I killed all and the last survivor went absolute mad and was so triggered about me using ruin on billy. She was telling me that ruin is a crutch and only bad killers need that, especially on billy.
She complained about slugging the 2nd last survivor aswell but I only did that cuz she was standing right next to him trying to heal.
I never had issues vs ruin, is this a normal complain?
Comments
It capitalizes on his strengths, but you also don't compensate for his weaknesses. That's where the balance comes from. You're still weak to the same things as before if you only push on your strengths.
Break the totem, problem solved.
PS: Three skill checks would give you an additional 12 seconds of generator repair time, assuming they occur sequentially and not simultaneously on different generators. By comparison, Sloppy Butcher gives you 8 seconds on a single heal with Self Care.
Thats less than some Killers can do with Thanatophobia.
PGTW does roughly equal 3 failed skillchecks, sure its flawed but still more consistant than Ruin.
The flaw with Ruin is that its not consistant in activation and yet reliant on survivors skill, therefore i doubt you can call that broken.
its not broken but every coolio killer is using it, same as bbq ( the most broken, it doesnt giv you an opportunity), like, come on dude.
Use whatever you want, dude.
Play her on console and you may need NOED because she's weak to that darn FPS LMAO
It has plenty counterplay
BBQ can be countered by hiding behind generators, will be counterable soon by hiding in lockers, and you can also counter it by being within the radius where it doesn't work.
Stuff doesn't have to be broken to be used a lot. Go break the totem, see if Ruin helps in any way afterward.
thats if you hit people. ruin breaks the whole early game, when more gens are done, if killer hangs someone it starts the part of the match that leads to his victory, with bbq as a way to connect hangs (then they auto glory in the fact that they dont camp, why you gonna camp with bbq)
It doesn't remove 12 seconds with 3, its closer to 16 with the dead generator time in between failed checks. Sloppy Butcher adds 4 seconds to a normal heal, shortened even further by medkits and perks. If your entire team is only self caring every time they get hit with mangled, your team is stupid.
Man, BBQ has like 6 or 7 counters.
if something is used a lot with huge difference with other perks it means that its effective, hugely more effective.
not really if your doing your stuff and not permanently watching out for the hangs
No need to teleport to it, chances are 1 out of the 4 survivors will find it right next to the first gen they choose to work on.
Ruin has counters and can be permanently destroyed.
Most Hex perks are gone within the first minute, if that. During that time, generators are still being repaired.
I did neglect to take into account the dead generator time, my apologies.
I don't know what kind of teams you get, but the Survivors I get do use Self Care at any opportunity, even with Sloppy Butcher.
Then you're not playing optimallly.
the delay it puts on survivors even if its small justifies its greatness, early game is so important
Which isn't the same thing as being broken. Sometimes, the other tools are just worthless garbage. Look at Monstrous Shrine, for example. Look at Unrelenting before it was buffed.
you cant fight the numbers of this perks usage, its just end story
whats being broken then? its always comparative. you call broken to almost a hack i bet
I've had good luck once. To be fair, I don't use Hex perks that much, with the exception of NOED on one Killer.
The opportunity cost is essentially irrelevant at high ranks.
Of course, how dare I point out the holes in your Swiss-cheese logic.
this sounds like the usual "i lost so i need a good excuse for it. only solution: killer played unfair!" complaint.
you shouldnt even listen to those guys.
instead of improving, they just complain, so tell them to gid gud and move on.
Well I guess it's just a matter of preference. Personally, I don't like Ruin and I never equip it, after it was taken out of the game in the first 30 seconds a lot of times. But I wouldn't say it's a crutch, or broken perk at all.
Broken means it's overwhelmingly powerful and nearly impossible to beat. Hex perks don't fall under that category because they can literally be destroyed.
your logic is denial cause youre a nurse using bbq and ruin and cant face the fact that you may not be a godlike light being when you 4 k
I don't have either of those perks and I don't play Nurse. Thanks for admitting you're wrong.
like the people in for honor using only broken characters and saying its all by chance, everything is always balanced for the people that play abusing the unbalances
of course, person with a nurse in the avatar.
Your point being? I have a friend whose avatar is a wolf, do you think he's really a wolf?
there is not a wolf to play on dbd
why am i gonna choose my favourite killer when i can select this character i never use? outstanding
Again, what's your point? It's an avatar; it doesn't mean anything.
way to obvious
you just destroyed him there xD
On the Killer side there used to be some overpowered perks for which I supported nerfs, such as A Nurse's Calling. I can't speak of add-ons because I rarely use them.
On the Survivor side, I'd say Self-Care and Decisive Strike.
Infinite, self-sustaining heals are not good for the game's balance when getting hit has no long-term consequences. You can get hit as many times as you want, but it won't make any difference in the long run.
Decisive Strike is too easy to use and essentially punishes the Killer for catching a Survivor. It's also a force multiplier (almost useless on bad Survivors, but overwhelmingly powerful on good ones).
what?
I used to play her, but it seemed like every time I played her I got Coldwind Farm, so I stopped. I still admire how she's the one Killer that puts the fear of the Entity into the Survivors' hearts.
TL;DR: There are reasons for picking an avatar other than what character you play most.
"im just going to fervorously defend things and put them on my avatar cause i never use them" its not a court point but its not needed, my god, we are not #########
I'm not saying you are, but apparently you do believe you're psychic, since you believe you know what I do better than me.
well lets say bbq and ruin are the best perks in the game if you dont like the word broken, but some people use it as the same term
Is this actually a discussion or just Orion telling everyone they're wrong?
Imo its a crutch, just like DS, Noed and Sprintburst.
And both still have plenty of counters. Why don't you just use them, if they cause you so much trouble?
Plenty of people in this thread, I don't know why you're singling me out.
I personally don't care about what the killer or survivor uses as perks/addons/or offerings. I just deal and move on. They earned it and should use it how they see fit.
what are those "plenty of counters" lets see if they dont put you in worst situations or make you waste resources and time
Just seems kind of hypocritical when you said:
Yet you call a perk like A Nurse's Calling overpowered which means you think its "nearly impossible" to just...not heal in a terror radius. You think Self-Care is overpowered, ignoring the literal half-a-generator it takes to self-care yourself. You think Decisive Strike is overpowered, ignoring how much Enduring weakens it, or how they can just be slugged, or how they can be dribbled, etc.