SupaAlf streamer wins 300 times in a row with Nurse

Survivors just need to git gud, I guess.

DbD is balanced

Comments

  • The amount of people on this thread saying this is completely fine ....... yikes

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090208#Comment_3090208

    It is impossible to get a streak like that in solo. Absolutely impossible.

    I don't know who you are talking about, but I can say for sure he is in a full SWF. Everyone can already accept that SWF is too strong, and OP.

    The same is true for Nurse.

    It really isn't very hard to grasp.

    I remember some time ago there was this smalltime dude making a "ton of escapes as Solo" which spanned days, it was doctored as hell, you could see the Devotion rank going up between streams like he would end the streak at 59 escapes, call it a day and continue next day, the leve would have gone from 50 to 53, meaning he was tanking his MMR like a champ while offline.

  • @Marigoria said:

    The amount of people on this thread saying this is completely fine ....... yikes

    If you don't understand the difference between the very best person in the world accomplishing something, and what the other 99.9% of the people in the world are capable of doing at that same thing ... yikes in return.

    Since what he did is so easy, please put together your own 300+ win streak on her for us. As someone who struggles badly whenever I actually decide to play Nurse (which is rare -- on console, she's much harder), I'm all for learning from people -- presumably yourself -- who can show me how to make her so easy to play.

  • Bro, even as a survivor main, I know this proves nothing. It's Nurse. A good Nurse can beat ANY team with any perks, items, and add on combinations

    If you said 300 wins in a row with Trapper, I'd be a little more impressed.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    So, arguably the best player in the entire WORLD at Nurse hit a 300 win streak, so therefore Nurse is "easy" -- is that what some people are actually claiming here?

    Playing guitar at a high level is incredibly "easy" -- just look at Jimi Hendrix!

    Playing pro basketball at a high level is "easy" -- just look at Michael Jordan!

    Understanding physics at a jigh level is "easy" -- just look at Albert Einstein!

    Creating works of great art is "easy" -- just look at Leonardo Da Vinci!

    And so on Using the very best person at something to make a point about that something in general is a very poor, lazy, and inaccurate way to make that point.

    Congrats to Supaalf on his streak. The amount of hours he's put in to learning Nurse and his dedication to being that good is admirable. If I played another three years and played Nurse full-time, I'd be lucky to get a fraction of that number total, since I -- like the larger number of people who play her -- are nowhere near his skill level. Kudos to the man.

    DBD happens to be the only multiplayer game where one can side win 300 matches in a row. You don't think he goes up against skillful survivors? They don't have to be as equally skilled to at least win on occasion over the course of 300 matches. The fact that they do not win once in 300 games means they cannot win and that's more than just skill.

  • @Piruluk said:

    Survivors just need to git gud, I guess.

    DbD is balanced

    So what you're saying is the best nurse player in the world always wins at nurse and somehow this means the entire game should adjust so the best player at nurse doesn't win at nurse?


    Very happy you aren't the head of a game studio.

  • SupaAlf has like 6k hours on Nurse alone and he was destroying teams back then when he was on a PS4. Him winning like that means nothing, except that he has incredible resistance to boredom. It's the equivalent of Barcelona winning against 300 high school soccer teams.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090692#Comment_3090692

    If you don't understand the difference between the very best person in the world accomplishing something, and what the other 99.9% of the people in the world are capable of doing at that same thing ... yikes in return.

    Since what he did is so easy, please put together your own 300+ win streak on her for us. As someone who struggles badly whenever I actually decide to play Nurse (which is rare -- on console, she's much harder), I'm all for learning from people -- presumably yourself -- who can show me how to make her so easy to play.

    Quote me where I said it was easy. Do it, I'll wait.

    I'm trash at nurse that doesnt mean she isnt a good killer.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090581#Comment_3090581

    Basekit nurse is far from a problem. She has plenty of counter. No one actually defends range. People like me just recognize they're a necessary evil until devs learn how to make maps that aren't stupidly huge

    Range add on is not necesarry evil, nurse isnt suddenly going to become a B tier killer without range or if they revert the buff to it we all thought was a bug till recently.

    Jesus man its nurse, she doesnt need perks let alone add ons.

  • @Alcuin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090667#Comment_3090667

    DBD happens to be the only multiplayer game where one can side win 300 matches in a row. You don't think he goes up against skillful survivors? They don't have to be as equally skilled to at least win on occasion over the course of 300 matches. The fact that they do not win once in 300 games means they cannot win and that's more than just skill.

    Listen to what you said -- "They don't have to be as equally skilled to at least win on occasion".

    So, by that logic, you're not as skilled as Michael Jordan in basketball -- at least, I'll presume that (even at his current age). Challenge him to some 1 on 1. If you played him 300 games in a row 1 on 1, by that logic, you wouldn't need to be as skilled as him -- you should still be able to "win" on occasion, right?

    He's winning because he's that much better at what he's doing -- playing Nurse -- than the people he's playing with. He's had matches during that streak where he almost lost and had to sweat to pull out the games. His streak will end when he faces a team that is equal to his skill or better, which as good as he is at Nurse (which is pretty much all he plays), will take a while, since the vast majority of players who play this game aren't at his level.

    Do I think Nurse can be overpowered? In the right hands, yes -- but the vast majority of Nurses I go against aren't. Should there be some sort of tweaks made to her (like removing the Omega Blink Nurse currently in play)? Sure. Are any of those things relevant to what the best player in the world is doing? Absolutely not, because if we balance around the top 0.1%, then that's completely illogical.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    Bro, even as a survivor main, I know this proves nothing. It's Nurse. A good Nurse can beat ANY team with any perks, items, and add on combinations

    If you said 300 wins in a row with Trapper, I'd be a little more impressed.

    That's straight up false lol. A Nurse can't win without Perks agaisnt a good 4man

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    SupaAlf has like 6k hours on Nurse alone and he was destroying teams back then when he was on a PS4. Him winning like that means nothing, except that he has incredibly resistance to boredom. It's the equivalent of Barcelona winning against 300 high school soccer teams.

    Now wait a second... Are we talking 300 high school soccer teams at the same time or?

  • @Dunkinspunkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337100/supaalf-streamer-wins-300-times-in-a-row-with-nurse

    So what you're saying is the best nurse player in the world always wins at nurse and somehow this means the entire game should adjust so the best player at nurse doesn't win at nurse?

    Very happy you aren't the head of a game studio.

    Best in the world? Plenty of nurse players who are just as good as him. Don't pay much attention to the NA scene, but there are quite a few nurse players in Japan and Korea that are just as good as this guy.

    Plenty of survivors who are just as good at survivor as this guy is at nurse, too. Quite a few more players, I'd imagine, just due to the sheer numbers of how many more survivor players there are.

    So, yeah. Probably a better thing you aren't the game dev.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090731#Comment_3090731

    Now wait a second... Are we talking 300 high school soccer teams at the same time or?

    Obviously not lol

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090723#Comment_3090723

    Best in the world? Plenty of nurse players who are just as good as him. Don't pay much attention to the NA scene, but there are quite a few nurse players in Japan and Korea that are just as good as this guy.

    Plenty of survivors who are just as good at survivor as this guy is at nurse, too. Quite a few more players, I'd imagine, just due to the sheer numbers of how many more survivor players there are.

    So, yeah. Probably a better thing you aren't the game dev.

    I couldn't wait until someone ran in and said OMG STREAMER BAD ANONYMOUS PLAYER GOOD and luckily I didn't have to wait long lol.


    He won 300 games in a row. He's the best there is. It doesn't get any better than that. You picked a creepy thing to get defensive about. Like what's the issue here?" How is your point in any way related to my post? Also you have no CLUE if the guys are just as good as he is or better. You just don't like anyone saying someone is the best. What a creepy weird thing to freak out about.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090713#Comment_3090713

    Quote me where I said it was easy. Do it, I'll wait.

    I'm trash at nurse that doesnt mean she isnt a good killer.

    Quote me where I said anyplace in this thread that she's "wasn't a good killer". Do it, I'll wait. Or quote me where I said that Nurse is completely fine the way she is -- I'll wait some more. I can help you and quote myself from a few posts above where I specifcally mention that current Omega Blink Nurse is an issue if that helps.

    You said, "The amount of people on this thread saying this is completely fine ....... yikes". The clear implication is that anyone who thinks that arguably the very best player in the world at Nurse, who's put in thousands of hours into a killer that has the lowest kill rate of anyone, accomlished something impressive, and that it's not something that's easily done by anyone who plays the game, is somehow way off base.

    My only positions are that: A -- it's a hell of an achievement by one of the best players in the world, B -- it's not something just anyone can do, since Nurse is the hardest killer on the roster to master, and C -- using Supaalf as the barometer for how something should be balanced in the game is foolish, since balancing anything around the top 0.1% of anything is ill-advised.

    If you want to debate those three points, I'm game.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090208#Comment_3090208

    It is impossible to get a streak like that in solo. Absolutely impossible.

    I don't know who you are talking about, but I can say for sure he is in a full SWF. Everyone can already accept that SWF is too strong, and OP.

    The same is true for Nurse.

    It really isn't very hard to grasp.

    No he wasn't he was solo 503 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4xYh__gKSg&t=61s&ab_channel=WimaTV scoll to the bottom read the comment he posted a year ago he was at 503 escapes as solo

  • Yeah but like how many high school teams could Barcelona beat at the same time. And like could the high school kids stack up on each other at the goal post to make a Voltron keeper or is that not allowed?


    These are important topics that need to be explored deeply for the balance of DBD

  • One of the best Nurse players in the community getting a Nurse winstreak is not news.

    And just because he is one of, it not, the best, doesn't meant that Nurse shouldn't be reworked from the ground up.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090716#Comment_3090716

    Listen to what you said -- "They don't have to be as equally skilled to at least win on occasion".

    So, by that logic, you're not as skilled as Michael Jordan in basketball -- at least, I'll presume that (even at his current age). Challenge him to some 1 on 1. If you played him 300 games in a row 1 on 1, by that logic, you wouldn't need to be as skilled as him -- you should still be able to "win" on occasion, right?

    He's winning because he's that much better at what he's doing -- playing Nurse -- than the people he's playing with. He's had matches during that streak where he almost lost and had to sweat to pull out the games. His streak will end when he faces a team that is equal to his skill or better, which as good as he is at Nurse (which is pretty much all he plays), will take a while, since the vast majority of players who play this game aren't at his level.

    Do I think Nurse can be overpowered? In the right hands, yes -- but the vast majority of Nurses I go against aren't. Should there be some sort of tweaks made to her (like removing the Omega Blink Nurse currently in play)? Sure. Are any of those things relevant to what the best player in the world is doing? Absolutely not, because if we balance around the top 0.1%, then that's completely illogical.

    SupaAlf goes against survivors that are, at least, 80% equal to him in skill. They never win, though, over the course of 300 games. If a basketball player is 80% equal in skill to Michael Jordan, he's going to win --on occasion --, whether it's because he can shoot threes well or he has a size advantage that he learns to use more effectively over the course of time.

    In any other multiplayer game -- the most useful comparison -- the best player doesn't win 300 out of 300 matches. Not even close. For all the talk that SWF breaks the game, so does killer. Bring the best add-ons and perks, the best killers, and hold camping and tunneling in your back pocket and you overwhelm the survivors. Pro Vengeance is a perfect example and he doesn't even play the top killers.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090741#Comment_3090741

    She'd be lower a-b I think, yes. She'd be a killer with an annoying chase power and no map presence. Please send yourself to red forest maps, eyrie, ormond please. Don't camp, don't tunnel. Tell me how strong you think she is at that point. Because all she would be at that point is slinger.

    I'll gladly use no distance if you want. I'll just be proxy camping. Going back to hook, tunneling a lot more ๐Ÿคท

    Nurse without range add on would be strong b, weak a tier. Got it.

    Yes

    That makes perfect sense

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090758#Comment_3090758

    Yeah but like how many high school teams could Barcelona beat at the same time. And like could the high school kids stack up on each other at the goal post to make a Voltron keeper or is that not allowed?

    These are important topics that need to be explored deeply for the balance of DBD

    I'd legitmately pay money to see that, lol.

    It reminds me of a video on YouTube where a former NBA player -- who is retired and was essentially a journeyman when he played (12 man on the bench who averaged less than a point a game in his career, if I remember correctly) -- was challenged to 1 on 1 games (and in some cases multiple people v. 1 games) for YouTube content. Some of those players were half his age, some played college or semi-pro ball, some were more "regular" guys who played in local league. He destroyed each and every one of them, because people don't understand how the skill curve works when you're talking about the very best of the best at anything. It was pretty funny to watch, and humbling to the people who thought he was an "easy" mark because of how "little" he accomplished in the NBA (which making a roster at all is an impressive feat).

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090723#Comment_3090723

    Best in the world? Plenty of nurse players who are just as good as him. Don't pay much attention to the NA scene, but there are quite a few nurse players in Japan and Korea that are just as good as this guy.

    Plenty of survivors who are just as good at survivor as this guy is at nurse, too. Quite a few more players, I'd imagine, just due to the sheer numbers of how many more survivor players there are.

    So, yeah. Probably a better thing you aren't the game dev.

    Also, I said he was the best, and you said plenty of killers are just as good as him. First, you offered NO evidence. Second, if they're just as good as he is, he's still the best. Other people are just right there with him. So what's the point exactly? What you trying to tell us, mate? Besides "meh i dont like when people talk about NA, i'm edgy obscure hipster you gotta go to japan and korea for the good stuff"


    Get. Over. Yourself.

  • Man he's got the inside track on the SE Asia DBD scene you better respect lol

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    The man is an otp nurse main that started on console than made it to pc. Of course he is better then average with nurse.

    Better yet, where is the same energy when surv streamers get escaping win streaks?

    Feel free to post any post-patch 50+ solo survivor winstreak.

  • I have an even larger escape streak if i am allowed to discout the matches i died in. Your point?

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090738#Comment_3090738

    Quote me where I said anyplace in this thread that she's "wasn't a good killer". Do it, I'll wait. Or quote me where I said that Nurse is completely fine the way she is -- I'll wait some more. I can help you and quote myself from a few posts above where I specifcally mention that current Omega Blink Nurse is an issue if that helps.

    You said, "The amount of people on this thread saying this is completely fine ....... yikes". The clear implication is that anyone who thinks that arguably the very best player in the world at Nurse, who's put in thousands of hours into a killer that has the lowest kill rate of anyone, accomlished something impressive, and that it's not something that's easily done by anyone who plays the game, is somehow way off base.

    My only positions are that: A -- it's a hell of an achievement by one of the best players in the world, B -- it's not something just anyone can do, since Nurse is the hardest killer on the roster to master, and C -- using Supaalf as the barometer for how something should be balanced in the game is foolish, since balancing anything around the top 0.1% of anything is ill-advised.

    If you want to debate those three points, I'm game.

    Sorry I stopped reading when your argument was that she has the lowest kill rate. By that logic pig is op

  • @Alcuin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090749#Comment_3090749

    SupaAlf goes against survivors that are, at least, 80% equal to him in skill. They never win, though, over the course of 300 games. If a basketball player is 80% equal in skill to Michael Jordan, he's going to win --on occasion --, whether it's because he can shoot threes well or he has a size advantage that he learns to use more effectively over the course of time.

    In any other multiplayer game -- the most useful comparison -- the best player doesn't win 300 out of 300 matches. Not even close. For all the talk that SWF breaks the game, so does killer. Bring the best add-ons and perks, the best killers, and hold camping and tunneling in your back pocket and you overwhelm the survivors. Pro Vengeance is a perfect example and he doesn't even play the top killers.

    That 80% number seems very arbitrary. I'd love to see the math behind it.

    There's a streamer named WimaTV who Otz talked about in a video. They managed to escape in over 300+ matches in a row as a survivor. As Otz pointed out, they were sweaty (arguably like Alf is) -- using every resource, playing with other good players (who presumably sacrificed themselves so he could escape) -- but at the end of the day, he managed more than 300+ escapes, the equivalent of what Suppalf did. (he only lost the streak when someone streamsniped him and Moried him before the Mori change).

    But wait -- that shouldn't count! He was in a SWF, he used keys and got out through hatch! Not the same thing!

    Correct. So after the criticisms of using keys to escape some of those matches (this was before the hatch rework), he went back and did it again, without using keys, and made it to a mind-numbing 500 escapes in a row!

    Otz talks about it in the video below -- apparently, he and his friends were so tired of constant escaping, that he stopped counting at the 500 win streak mark and he technically never lost it.

    Let's hope the devs, while they're looking at Nurse, not only don't use Supaalf to determine what needs to be changed or not, but when they balance survivor play, let's all agree to pray they don't look at WimaTV and his survivor escape streak either. (Clearly, this isn't the typical "survivor" player, but neither is Supaalf the typical "Nurse" player -- they're both part of the best of the best, and their streaks aren't typical of anything, but remarkable feats accomlplished by determined, great players that are far better at the game than anyone in this thread posting about it are).

    Otz talks about the two monster escape streaks (and mentions a streak Ayrun had at 96 and a Russian player named Hellhound who was at 130+ escapes) starting at the 9:38 mark.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZlO-7fgJt4&ab_channel=notOtzdarva


  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090782#Comment_3090782

    By all means. Please send yourself to the huge maps. Send yourself to red forest with no add ons. Don't camp. Don't tunnel. Don't be anywhere near the unhooks. Record it and show us that she's S-Tier still.

    I dont use any addons, i dont tunnel, i dont bring a single slow down perk. I also dont have any trouble in red forrest or any of the bigger maps. Well, i get trouble in her own map, its extremely annoying there but its probably a skill issue. Granted im not the best nurse player and its unlikely that im going against best survivors.

    Could have to do with builds, im running a mostly info based build thats probably working in my favor in a big map? Try giving Lethal, Floods, BBQ, Starstruck a go.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090252#Comment_3090252

    I have an even larger escape streak if i am allowed to discout the matches i died in. Your point?

    I don't even know at this point. I think there 's none since the beginning.

  • @Piruluk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090238#Comment_3090238

    I don't know any other competitive multiplayer game where a "export caliber" player wins 300 games in a row..

    I can assure you if any esports team queued quickplay they would get huge streaks.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090764#Comment_3090764

    Sorry I stopped reading when your argument was that she has the lowest kill rate in the world.

    Of course you did, lol. When you don't want to have a serious discussion, saying things like that is an easy way to concede that point. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    In fact, she does have the lowest kill rate -- the devs have confirmed this. If playing against a Nurse is impossible to win against every Nurse player, her kill rates would surely be higher. They're not because most people can't play Nurse well, if at all, and the Supaalf's in the game -- much like the survivor with the 300 and 500+ escape streaks I mentioned above -- are the exception, not the rule.

    Again, if it helps you to avoid that pesky "reading", here are my positions:

    1) It's a hell of an achievement by one of the best players in the world

    2) It's not something just anyone can do, since Nurse is the hardest killer on the roster to master

    3) Using Supaalf as the barometer for how something should be balanced in the game is foolish, since balancing anything around the top 0.1% of anything is ill-advised.

    Again, I'd like to hear what part of those 3 points you disagree with.

    ETA: You've also ignored how I'm in agreement that some things -- specifcally Omega Blink Nurse currently in the game -- need to be looked at and addressed. But anything that doesn't fit the clean narrative someone wants to preach can be ignored, I guess.

  • @Dunkinspunkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090756#Comment_3090756

    Also, I said he was the best, and you said plenty of killers are just as good as him. First, you offered NO evidence. Second, if they're just as good as he is, he's still the best. Other people are just right there with him. So what's the point exactly? What you trying to tell us, mate? Besides "meh i dont like when people talk about NA, i'm edgy obscure hipster you gotta go to japan and korea for the good stuff"

    Get. Over. Yourself.

    Yikes. Posting 2 comments before the other person can even respond? Sounds like you are the one freaking out? Are you a super fan of that nurse player or something?

    It's sort of baffling seeing your comment, though, as you've completely warped everything i've said.

    I didn't say Japan and Korea are better? Like, what? Lol. I said there are nurse players there who are just as good as him, which is just true.

    What am I trying to tell you? That a streak like that isn't shocking on nurse. On any other killer? It would be. If you can't put two and two together from that...I don't know, mate.

    SalGu. Easily just as good as that other nurse guy. Top Korean streamer. Plenty of videos of him playing as nurse.

    I'm not going to search for more. There have been many asian tournanents with top nurse players.

    I've offered plenty of evidence again. Still haven't seen any nurse gameplay from you. Don't really know how you would do it, though. You need to be able to turn your mouse well to play nurse up to her potential. I really would like the chance to give you a pointer or two. Then you can finally realize where you are going wrong.

  • I've read "Using the best player as an example is a bad example and isnt comparable to the average player" (or something similar) many times now. Sounds logical UNTIL you remember BHVR balances to the top players not the average soloq player.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090791#Comment_3090791

    Yikes. Posting 2 comments before the other person can even respond? Sounds like you are the one freaking out? Are you a super fan of that nurse player or something?

    It's sort of baffling seeing your comment, though, as you've completely warped everything i've said.

    I didn't say Japan and Korea are better? Like, what? Lol. I said there are nurse players there who are just as good as him, which is just true.

    What am I trying to tell you? That a streak like that isn't shocking on nurse. On any other killer? It would be. If you can't put two and two together from that...I don't know, mate.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090799#Comment_3090799

    SalGu. Easily just as good as that other nurse guy. Top Korean streamer. Plenty of videos of him playing as nurse.

    I'm not going to search for more. There have been many asian tournanents with top nurse players.

    I've offered plenty of evidence again. Still haven't seen any nurse gameplay from you. Don't really know how you would do it, though. You need to be able to turn your mouse well to play nurse up to her potential. I really would like the chance to give you a pointer or two. Then you can finally realize where you are going wrong.

    LOL

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090827#Comment_3090827

    Of course you did, lol. When you don't want to have a serious discussion, saying things like that is an easy way to concede that point. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    In fact, she does have the lowest kill rate -- the devs have confirmed this. If playing against a Nurse is impossible to win against every Nurse player, her kill rates would surely be higher. They're not because most people can't play Nurse well, if at all, and the Supaalf's in the game -- much like the survivor with the 300 and 500+ escape streaks I mentioned above -- are the exception, not the rule.

    Again, if it helps you to avoid that pesky "reading", here are my positions:

    1) It's a hell of an achievement by one of the best players in the world

    2) It's not something just anyone can do, since Nurse is the hardest killer on the roster to master

    3) Using Supaalf as the barometer for how something should be balanced in the game is foolish, since balancing anything around the top 0.1% of anything is ill-advised.

    Again, I'd like to hear what part of those 3 points you disagree with.

    ETA: You've also ignored how I'm in agreement that some things -- specifcally Omega Blink Nurse currently in the game -- need to be looked at and addressed. But anything that doesn't fit the clean narrative someone wants to preach can be ignored, I guess.

    The problem with that argument is that dead hard was also trash on the hands of bad players, they would just dead hard against walls, trees etc. But on the hand of good players it was too much.

    That's the issue with nurse.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090845#Comment_3090845

    The problem with that argument is that dead hard was also trash on the hands of bad players, they would just dead hard against walls, trees etc. But on the hand of good players it was too much.

    That's the issue with nurse.

    You didn't actually address my exact three points -- and the three poitns I made, none of which did I reference Dead Hard or its nerf in -- so .... ? :confused face:

    I made three statements that should be pretty easy to either agree with or to disagree with and politely explain why you believe they're inaccurate. If you want to talk about Dead Hard, there's numerous other threads where that can be discussed.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090779#Comment_3090779

    That 80% number seems very arbitrary. I'd love to see the math behind it.

    There's a streamer named WimaTV who Otz talked about in a video. They managed to escape in over 300+ matches in a row as a survivor. As Otz pointed out, they were sweaty (arguably like Alf is) -- using every resource, playing with other good players (who presumably sacrificed themselves so he could escape) -- but at the end of the day, he managed more than 300+ escapes, the equivalent of what Suppalf did. (he only lost the streak when someone streamsniped him and Moried him before the Mori change).

    But wait -- that shouldn't count! He was in a SWF, he used keys and got out through hatch! Not the same thing!

    Correct. So after the criticisms of using keys to escape some of those matches (this was before the hatch rework), he went back and did it again, without using keys, and made it to a mind-numbing 500 escapes in a row!

    Otz talks about it in the video below -- apparently, he and his friends were so tired of constant escaping, that he stopped counting at the 500 win streak mark and he technically never lost it.

    Let's hope the devs, while they're looking at Nurse, not only don't use Supaalf to determine what needs to be changed or not, but when they balance survivor play, let's all agree to pray they don't look at WimaTV and his survivor escape streak either. (Clearly, this isn't the typical "survivor" player, but neither is Supaalf the typical "Nurse" player -- they're both part of the best of the best, and their streaks aren't typical of anything, but remarkable feats accomlplished by determined, great players that are far better at the game than anyone in this thread posting about it are).

    Otz talks about the two monster escape streaks (and mentions a streak Ayrun had at 96 and a Russian player named Hellhound who was at 130+ escapes) starting at the 9:38 mark.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZlO-7fgJt4&ab_channel=notOtzdarva

    80% is just saying they can waste the killer's time a bit in chase, use hook states and line of sight effectively, have some game sense like knowing to go the corner of the map when about to go down or not bringing the killer to a gen being worked on. SupaAlf is facing survivors that are capable of this. It's 80% optimal survivor gameplay whereas he's at 100% optimal killer gameplay. Over the course of 300 matches, this should result in some wins for the survivor.

    As far as survivor streaks, it has to purely solo survivor. Post-update, I'd like to see what's possible. My last five matches, 19 deaths and one escape. I barely got out against Plague running Pain Resonance, Monstrous Shrine, Plaything, and Thana. 16,000 points for a miserable match.

    SWF can break the game, but killer can to. I don't even really have a problem with Nurse, specifically, she's one of the only killers that adds a bit of spookiness to the trial. I just want games to be more fun and not overwhelmingly weighted towards one side.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090188#Comment_3090188

    They're based off of getting matched with suboptimal teams, and then having your streak taken away by the 1 good team. That's all it is.

    300 suboptimal teams in a row. Isn't this amount of mental gymnastics fit for the olympics?

  • @Piruluk said:

    Survivors just need to git gud, I guess.

    DbD is balanced

    Yeah those numbers don't prove skill. Without SWF he loses quite a bit. He doesn't even count the games where he doesn't play swf during the streak which tells you everything you need to know.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090856#Comment_3090856

    You didn't actually address my exact three points -- and the three poitns I made, none of which did I reference Dead Hard or its nerf in -- so .... ? :confused face:

    I made three statements that should be pretty easy to either agree with or to disagree with and politely explain why you believe they're inaccurate. If you want to talk about Dead Hard, there's numerous other threads where that can be discussed.

    Whoosh

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    The longest 4 man escape streak was 500+ and it only ended because the group got bored.

    Please .... just leave pros with insane skills out of the discussion about meta. 99.9999999999% of players are and will never be that level of skill. DBD isnt balanced from top down.

    And if we were to balance the game from top down survivors would have to be nerfed so hard it would kill the game in a single day.

    Also congrats SupaAlf for the amazing, impressive, thick, girthy and long win streak

    Supalfa destroyed some tournament teams so nurse is in right hands cabable beating anyone even that 500 win team.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090849#Comment_3090849

    Here I got you. Go to my twitch(stop me if this all sounds familiar) Plenty of footage of me playing nurse. Go find it. Don't have my twitch ? I've posted it before. Go find it. I cAnT bE bOtHeReD tO lOoK

    I've posted video of me playing as nurse in a message thread you were in. I've posted video of me playing against nurse in a message thread you were in. I've posted my streaming account. You have plenty of applicable footage of me playing. You know I'm a very good killer and survivor player.

    You're just a troll. Maybe jealous? Not sure.

    If you're too embarrassed to post video of you playing nurse, that's fine. Just realize that it probably means you shouldn't be discussing balance when it comes to nurse. Please, leave it to the people who actually know what she is capable of to talk about her.

    Look. The fact that you seemed to consider the baby nurse who was chasing you to be a formidable nurse told me everything I needed to know. Please, realize that yourself.

  • Yup! And survivor escape streaks usually include a hatch escape. Ayrun manages about 30 escapes - a huge majority with the hatch and a build made for escaping as the last survivor like wake up etc. So he can get the gate open when hatch is closed....

  • U mean the guy who has played Nurse against the best of the players in tournaments, dominates public games with her while also running some of the best addons and perks?


    Besides, the current escape record for survivor is 500+ with 0 deaths

    guess it's time to nerf survive with friends.... oh wait people here want to do that unironically

  • Show me his 300 Trapper winstreak and I'll be impressed.

  • You/He can't call it 300 times in a row when he already lost during the streak.

    For example here:

    https://youtu.be/X6Lh_xA3ZhM

    https://youtu.be/M6hYVY59m8o

    Alf got eradicated multiple times in tournaments when he used to play comp.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090827#Comment_3090827

    Of course you did, lol. When you don't want to have a serious discussion, saying things like that is an easy way to concede that point. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    In fact, she does have the lowest kill rate -- the devs have confirmed this. If playing against a Nurse is impossible to win against every Nurse player, her kill rates would surely be higher. They're not because most people can't play Nurse well, if at all, and the Supaalf's in the game -- much like the survivor with the 300 and 500+ escape streaks I mentioned above -- are the exception, not the rule.

    Again, if it helps you to avoid that pesky "reading", here are my positions:

    1) It's a hell of an achievement by one of the best players in the world

    2) It's not something just anyone can do, since Nurse is the hardest killer on the roster to master

    3) Using Supaalf as the barometer for how something should be balanced in the game is foolish, since balancing anything around the top 0.1% of anything is ill-advised.

    Again, I'd like to hear what part of those 3 points you disagree with.

    ETA: You've also ignored how I'm in agreement that some things -- specifcally Omega Blink Nurse currently in the game -- need to be looked at and addressed. But anything that doesn't fit the clean narrative someone wants to preach can be ignored, I guess.

    Exactly. I also think nurse needs to be nerfed. I just reject the logic that Supa's streak is justification for it. He's on another plane.

  • @Dunkinspunkin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090845#Comment_3090845

    Exactly. I also think nurse needs to be nerfed. I just reject the logic that Supa's streak is justification for it. He's on another plane.

    I misunderstood an earlier post of yours then. My apologies.