We need to talk about The Nightmare once again!

The new patch is coming and I am really looking forward to it. Especially with the Deadhard-Change, the games should become more balanced.

But: With a lot of changes ahead, there are unfortunately even more Nerfs for Freddy coming.

Allow me to explain my sight of things:

Freddy is a killer, which has abilities, when survivors are asleep (and only if they are asleep). Therefore, he has, for example, a lullaby instead of a Terror-Radius.


Perk-Issue

This in mind, you will propably be well aware, that he cant use a lot of perks, because this perks are only available if u have a Terror Radius. For example the new Dissolution, Septic Touch, Coulrophobia, Distressing, Infectious Fright or Starstruck.

This are some "Chase-Perks/Anti-Healing-Perks", who arent usable as The Nightmare.

Whats left is Gen-Protection and Gen-Regression. Well, Gen-Protection like Corrupt Intervention, Deadlock etc. is what he has left (what every killer has by the way, so no speciality), while Gen-Regression like Pop goes the Weasel (with works perfectly with his teleport in combination with Pain Resonance at the moment), Overcharge (what will become useless with a start less than a regular kick) or Hex:Ruin are getting nerfed or even completely unplayable (Hex:Ruin).

So at the end he cannot use a lot a perks by default, his only strengh, which is the Dream Projection, becomes more useless because u cannot combine it with good Gen-Regression-Perks (well, besides Call of Brine for now) and his antiloop is doing nothing at most tiles. Well, u can outplay some tiles with the snares, but for the most part, they cannot help.


Dreamworld

In addition to this problems Ive counted here, he has a major weakness, which is the Dreamworld itself. If u take a look at The Dredge, which is well designed, thanks for that, you will see, that the Dreamworld is, compared to Nightfall, doing almost nothing. I dont want Slowdown-Addons like old Jumping Rope back, dont get me wrong, but what reason should a survivor have to walk to an alarmclock, when Dreamworld is literally doing nothing?

What is the Dreamworld doing? Well, you replace the Terror-Radius with a lullaby and survivors can interact with Dream Snares and Dream Pallets plus you get your Dream Projection a little bit (1-2 seconds at best) faster back. Thats it, unfortunately. So there is no danger and therefore no reason to waste time for waking.

Lets compare this with Nightfall: While Dredge has his antiloop at any time, he can teleport 3 times in a row MUCH faster and has decent addons to reload it a lot faster than Freddy with Nancys Masterpiece or Sketch in their current state.


Addons

Now lets move on and look at his addons. He has one addon, the Red Paint Brush, which gives survivors at least 1 time they actually need to use a clock (at least 1 of them) for staying awake (if they want to). Besides this addon, I think everyone in the community will agree, he has nothing in his addon-pass. Hearing things louder is, sorry, not worth running, inflicting hemmorhage only when several parameters are in place (being asleep AND interact with a trap) or Blindness isnt really good. Besides that, he has 3 4%-Penalty-Addons for failing skill-checks. But: when survivors fail a skill-check, they wake up, if u dont use Red Paint Brush and the addon is doing nothing. In my games, I can say, the survivors trigger the penaly once per game AT MOST.


Last but not least: Fake-Pallets (3 addons)

A fun part of his kit, but I think 1 addon would be more than enough, you dont need to use 3 of them just with different aura-reading. The aura-reading means absolutely nothing, because when(!) they interact, they are in front of you in a chase. I dont have to say, that in higher skilled games, literally no one falls for them anyway.


Conclusion

In my conclusion, Freddy is nothing but a very weak Dredge-Copy (or Dredge is a better version of him), having no power at all when survivors are not asleep, he cant defend clocks or anything, because he cant see their auras (compared to pig for example) and besides that his antiloop is too weak to be a real problem for survivors or being respected at all.

The extremely low pick-rate compared to high kill-rates (january-official-announcement) comes, because you will see Freddys most of the time in low MMR I assume, but u will very rarely see him in higher mmr. I would be wondering if thats not the case what I wrote down here.


I really hope that the devs will do another rework or at least giving him decent addons. His Dreamworld needs, in my opinion, a look too.


Thanks for your attention!

Comments

  • Yeah, his add-ons are the worst in the world. Cannot believe they made it to live. Then again, this is the model strength of add-on that most people these days are asking for, not even exaggerating.

  • I'd say there's still a strong enough reason to use alarms. You basically can render him a powerless killer for a while and that's pretty helpful against his snare zoning. With perks like current DH you don't really need to worry about it too much because it counters literally everything. That's gone though. He also can directly pressure gens, meaning slowdown is still very strong on him regardless. Ruin, while it may be getting nerfed, is still going to be very strong. Passive regression is huge. I believe it deactivates after the first survivor dies now as well. Which really isn't much of a problem because a 3-man is not hard to wipe out. Along with all the other changes, you have to keep in mind we have a total of 50 seconds added to all gens. Gen control is and always will be strong if used correctly.

    Freddy is just incredibly average really. Pretty linear gameplay and not much deviation. Which I think is his biggest weakness. You can't really use snares in creative ways other than zoning. I'd love to see him get a better power but I doubt that will happen.

  • Hey, ya can't have a Freddy discussion without me! It doesn't work that way :(

    In all seriousness though, I agree with you. Freddy's current state is pathetic and horrible, not to mention insulting to everyone who likes him.

    I consider his on-release version (which is different than the "Old Freddy" most people talk about, btw) the best and only perfect killer BHVR has ever designed. To see him fall like this...it hurts, really. Just look how they massacred the killer I mained since I first started playing DBD, back in 2018.

    Now, perhaps you do not agree with my idea of reverting him to his on-release version with a few QoL improvements. Or perhaps you do, I do not know. Everyone has the right to have their own opinions.

    But, if there is one thing that certainly unites us, my fellow Freddy player, is that we both want to see him in a better state.

    Please, never lose hope. The devs have not been kind to us Freddy mains.

    But we have each other.

  • The dreamworld should be something you need to worry about being in constantly imo. Right now it’s basically just normal to be in it the whole match which shouldn’t be the case

    Just bring back old freddy with his new teleport and some QOL improvements (Incapacitated in the dream transition and a hard cap on action speed debuff)

  • We have freddie but I want Freddy.

  • Freddy was fine. They massively over-nerfed him and killed off any reason to bother playing him.

    And this is after they'd totally reworked his power because original Freddy was the actual, factual, weakest killer in the game.

    All they have to do to fix the majority of the totally unplayable killer cast is to roll back most or all of the nerfs they put in place.

    It would be so simple. And YET.

    If they'd rather make addons that effectively negate Hillbilly's Overheat rather than just admit that Overheat was an idiotic idea in the first place and remove it completely, they'll NEVER admit they killed off around a dozen characters for no reason other than that they're terrible at balancing things.

  • Honestly, I feel like Freddie isn't just weak but also super boring. Pretty much anything he does, someone else does better and in a more creative way. On top of that his addons are terrible and he is also boring to verse.

  • Ive said this before but ill say it again Dreamworld needs more distractions such as fake generators blocked off windows and doors and absolutely no TR for freddy as basekit. Fake pallets was a good start but there there needs to be more of a threat and I agree that dredge feels like a better version of his tools

  • Just like Nemesis, Freddy needs a complete remake. But a remake that just makes him into old Freddy.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    Just like Nemesis, Freddy needs a complete remake. But a remake that just makes him into old Freddy.

    Based :)

    That is what I like to read.

  • I would have no problem if they bring back the old Freddy. It was the weakest killer in the game, the community said. I would combine the "Pull into Dream"-Freddy with the Dream Projection still being available.

    Then give him addons that Survs fall asleep after 1-2 secs or that they only can wake up by using the clocks. Make it harder to wake up.

    For that, I would sacrifice Snares and Pallets with ease.

  • Let's hope we can get Freddy back. Obviously with some improvements. He was so much fun. Not only base, but his add-ons were more fun but that was also because of his base power then.

  • We should make a petition for him. Peanits and Co. need to know about our wishes.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    I would have no problem if they bring back the old Freddy. It was the weakest killer in the game, the community said. I would combine the "Pull into Dream"-Freddy with the Dream Projection still being available.

    Then give him addons that Survs fall asleep after 1-2 secs or that they only can wake up by using the clocks. Make it harder to wake up.

    For that, I would sacrifice Snares and Pallets with ease.

    We have similar ideas, then. I am happy to see that :)

    Here is my concept, by the way. I hope you enjoy it:


    Pull survivors into the Dream World


    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.


    Once in the Dream World:


    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.


    Special Ability: Dream Projection


    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    “You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger

    @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3066782#Comment_3066782

    Let's hope we can get Freddy back. Obviously with some improvements. He was so much fun. Not only base, but his add-ons were more fun but that was also because of his base power then.

    I agree.

    I agree so much.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3066787#Comment_3066787

    We have similar ideas, then. I am happy to see that :)

    Here is my concept, by the way. I hope you enjoy it:

    Pull survivors into the Dream World

    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

    Once in the Dream World:

    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.

    Special Ability: Dream Projection

    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    “You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3066789#Comment_3066789

    I agree.

    I agree so much.

    If someone would consider this too strong, give Dream Projection a range. For example: you can only target generators within 50m.

    Problem solved, Fun for both sides guaranteed.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3066801#Comment_3066801

    If someone would consider this too strong, give Dream Projection a range. For example: you can only target generators within 50m.

    Problem solved, Fun for both sides guaranteed.

    I don't think that is necessary. No one has ever deemed this concept "too strong".

    I think it would work just fine.

  • We should be able to discuss this with Peanits, but I can understand when they say: nah, we do it ourself.... if we do... I really hope, but that hope is fragile.

    Its not op, its fun, Survivors wouldnt complain I assume, because he would become a M1-Killer with no Chase-Ability, but he would have several things to care besides doing gens.

    Which would be a good concept.


    For me, a mix of both Freddies would be the way, just like u and I said.

    Dream Projection, Old Pull into dream and aurareading outside the TR for switching targets over and over to pull into dream etc.

    I would love the combination Old Freddy with Dream Projection.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    We should be able to discuss this with Peanits, but I can understand when they say: nah, we do it ourself.... if we do... I really hope, but that hope is fragile.

    Its not op, its fun, Survivors wouldnt complain I assume, because he would become a M1-Killer with no Chase-Ability, but he would have several things to care besides doing gens.

    Which would be a good concept.

    For me, a mix of both Freddies would be the way, just like u and I said.

    Dream Projection, Old Pull into dream and aurareading outside the TR for switching targets over and over to pull into dream etc.

    I would love the combination Old Freddy with Dream Projection.

    We have already tried.

    I have been doing this for almost three years. That is the reason why I joined the Forums to begin with.

    For a while, I had lost all hope. Not anymore.

    But it is almost impossible to make BHVR listen.

  • I think before they look at Freddy, they will take a look on Twins LOL.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    I think before they look at Freddy, they will take a look on Twins LOL.

    Likely.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    The dreamworld should be something you need to worry about being in constantly imo. Right now it’s basically just normal to be in it the whole match which shouldn’t be the case

    Just bring back old freddy with his new teleport and some QOL improvements (Incapacitated in the dream transition and a hard cap on action speed debuff)

    Yeah. Dreamworld is not threatening at all.

  • I just hope they give him a complete rework again, right now he's...

  • He's so terrible to play right now, and his power is pretty bad, just feels like an M1 killer in chase that needs STBFL to be even halfway decent.

  • Would never get a buff, salt prevails, same with every killer nerf

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3066787#Comment_3066787

    We have similar ideas, then. I am happy to see that :)

    Here is my concept, by the way. I hope you enjoy it:

    Pull survivors into the Dream World

    -Survivors who are awake do not see The Nightmare.

    -Once targeted by The Nightmare’s power, survivors enter the Dream Transition for 7 seconds.

    -The Nightmare’s Movement Speed Penalty for putting a survivor into the Dream Transition lasts for 1 second.

    -During the Dream Transition Survivors can see The Nightmare intermittently and they suffer from the Incapacitated status effect.

    -When the Dream Transition Lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

    Once in the Dream World:

    -Survivor’s auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.

    -Survivors suffer an action speed penalty of 40%.

    -To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action.

    -Failed Skill Checks can also wake up.

    -Hooked Survivors wake up.

    Special Ability: Dream Projection

    -Teleport to a Generator in view. Releasing the button early will cancel the action.

    -Survivors cannot interact with the targeted Generator.

    “You have nothing to worry about. This won’t hurt one… little… bit.” -Freddy Krueger

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3066789#Comment_3066789

    I agree.

    I agree so much.

    Man I love how passionate you are about Freddy. I really hope they listen to you or the community overall.

    I bought Freddy because I love the Elm Street movies and he just feels so uninspired...keep in mind I started playing after the rework so I didnt play old Freddy.

    I watched then some YouTube videos and even if i can't speak balance-wise, i can tell it felt a lot more like Freddy. The Dreamworld should be a scary place and not another Nvidia filter. Having to drag them into it, being invisible for awake survivors, the soul-sucking like animation...at least seemed more interesting.

    The only think I like about the new one is the teleport and fake pallets (but doctor seems better at representing the paranoia feeling), so I love your idea.

    Again I can't speak as a Freddy expert but as someone who loves the character and would love to see him having some charisma to his (balanced) power.

    BHVR is doing lots of changes so let's hope they take all these (yours) ideas into account for a future Freddy ❤️


    EDIT: typo :S

  • @GRIG0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3066801#Comment_3066801

    Man I love how passionate you are about Freddy. I really hope they listen to you or the community overall.

    I bought Freddy because I love the Elm Street movies and he just feels so uninspired...keep in mind I started playing after the rework so I didnt play old Freddy.

    I watched then some YouTube videos and even if i can't speak balance-wise, i can tell it felt a lot more like Freddy. The Dreamworld should be a scary place and not another Nvidia filter. Having to drag them into it, being invisible for awake survivors, the soul-sucking like animation...at least seemed more interesting.

    The only think I like about the new one is the teleport and fake pallets (but doctor seems better at representing the paranoia feeling), so I love your idea.

    Again I can't speak as a Freddy expert but as someone who loves the character and would love to see him having some charisma to his (balanced) power.

    BHVR is doing lots of changes so let's hope they take all these (yours) ideas into account for a future Freddy ❤️

    EDIT: typo :S

    Oh, thank you so much, my friend!

    I am indeed very passionate about old DBD and especially Old Freddy. These are precious things to me, and they always will be.

    To see people who are willing to give the old game a chance, or better yet, top give Freddy a chance is....well, it is difficult to find the right word, but know that it is sincerely appreciated <3

  • Billy is my only p3 and look at him... Dead. Freddy is even worse. He's LITERALLY a killer with no power essentially!

  • @Marik1987 said:

    The new patch is coming and I am really looking forward to it. Especially with the Deadhard-Change, the games should become more balanced.

    But: With a lot of changes ahead, there are unfortunately even more Nerfs for Freddy coming.

    Allow me to explain my sight of things:

    Freddy is a killer, which has abilities, when survivors are asleep (and only if they are asleep). Therefore, he has, for example, a lullaby instead of a Terror-Radius.

    Perk-Issue

    This in mind, you will propably be well aware, that he cant use a lot of perks, because this perks are only available if u have a Terror Radius. For example the new Dissolution, Septic Touch, Coulrophobia, Distressing, Infectious Fright or Starstruck.

    This are some "Chase-Perks/Anti-Healing-Perks", who arent usable as The Nightmare.

    Whats left is Gen-Protection and Gen-Regression. Well, Gen-Protection like Corrupt Intervention, Deadlock etc. is what he has left (what every killer has by the way, so no speciality), while Gen-Regression like Pop goes the Weasel (with works perfectly with his teleport in combination with Pain Resonance at the moment), Overcharge (what will become useless with a start less than a regular kick) or Hex:Ruin are getting nerfed or even completely unplayable (Hex:Ruin).

    So at the end he cannot use a lot a perks by default, his only strengh, which is the Dream Projection, becomes more useless because u cannot combine it with good Gen-Regression-Perks (well, besides Call of Brine for now) and his antiloop is doing nothing at most tiles. Well, u can outplay some tiles with the snares, but for the most part, they cannot help.

    Dreamworld

    In addition to this problems Ive counted here, he has a major weakness, which is the Dreamworld itself. If u take a look at The Dredge, which is well designed, thanks for that, you will see, that the Dreamworld is, compared to Nightfall, doing almost nothing. I dont want Slowdown-Addons like old Jumping Rope back, dont get me wrong, but what reason should a survivor have to walk to an alarmclock, when Dreamworld is literally doing nothing?

    What is the Dreamworld doing? Well, you replace the Terror-Radius with a lullaby and survivors can interact with Dream Snares and Dream Pallets plus you get your Dream Projection a little bit (1-2 seconds at best) faster back. Thats it, unfortunately. So there is no danger and therefore no reason to waste time for waking.

    Lets compare this with Nightfall: While Dredge has his antiloop at any time, he can teleport 3 times in a row MUCH faster and has decent addons to reload it a lot faster than Freddy with Nancys Masterpiece or Sketch in their current state.

    Addons

    Now lets move on and look at his addons. He has one addon, the Red Paint Brush, which gives survivors at least 1 time they actually need to use a clock (at least 1 of them) for staying awake (if they want to). Besides this addon, I think everyone in the community will agree, he has nothing in his addon-pass. Hearing things louder is, sorry, not worth running, inflicting hemmorhage only when several parameters are in place (being asleep AND interact with a trap) or Blindness isnt really good. Besides that, he has 3 4%-Penalty-Addons for failing skill-checks. But: when survivors fail a skill-check, they wake up, if u dont use Red Paint Brush and the addon is doing nothing. In my games, I can say, the survivors trigger the penaly once per game AT MOST.

    Last but not least: Fake-Pallets (3 addons)

    A fun part of his kit, but I think 1 addon would be more than enough, you dont need to use 3 of them just with different aura-reading. The aura-reading means absolutely nothing, because when(!) they interact, they are in front of you in a chase. I dont have to say, that in higher skilled games, literally no one falls for them anyway.

    Conclusion

    In my conclusion, Freddy is nothing but a very weak Dredge-Copy (or Dredge is a better version of him), having no power at all when survivors are not asleep, he cant defend clocks or anything, because he cant see their auras (compared to pig for example) and besides that his antiloop is too weak to be a real problem for survivors or being respected at all.

    The extremely low pick-rate compared to high kill-rates (january-official-announcement) comes, because you will see Freddys most of the time in low MMR I assume, but u will very rarely see him in higher mmr. I would be wondering if thats not the case what I wrote down here.

    I really hope that the devs will do another rework or at least giving him decent addons. His Dreamworld needs, in my opinion, a look too.

    Thanks for your attention!

    Wanna learn extra depressing facts?



    Hitting an Awake Survivor, who's Injured but has Endurance does not make them Asleep. For some insane reason.


    He can't see Auras of placed down Snares. Why? Who knows. Extra kicker: He can see Auras of placed down Pallets.


    Oh, his add-ons are bad on their own? Let's just comb- NOPE! Not only they are bad on their own but you cannot stack them at all. Hey, you wanna use Blue Gress and Green Dress? Just use Blue Dress and Wool Shirt, literally same effect. Unlike Hag or Shape, his add-ons aren't that transformative enough to variant lack of stacking.

    Cry me a river Nemesis and Executioner players with their add-ons. Nightmare's add-ons are on whole different level of being insulting.



    Hot take: Freddy's worst Killer in the game. The only reason he can win is because your average player loses 50% of braincells when facing against him. Pre-rework Bubba syndrome. Some people may know what was old Bubba syndrome, right?

  • I can literally see Freddy becoming the most boring and worst killer in the game. I dont care about "kill-rates", because they are from games vs. survivors who faced him 3 times and dont know what to do.

    He needs a rework or just delete him.

    Dredge is a gigantic "######### you" for Freddy.

  • Like it's literally Freddy why is he so weak it should be terrifying going against him but also aesthetically really cool the dream world needs a rework along with his power

  • They'll never revert Freddy. Not unless the survivors get something amazing in return. But hey, it's not survivor sided right?

  • Most of people will disagree with me but i think that pre nerf Freddy was unique, at least the part where playing against him. Most people played against him like a normal m1 killer but he was not like a Wraith or Trapper. If you stayed in the Dreamworld, he had good anti loop he can down you easier than a normal m1 killer. What you should do against pre nerf Freddy? You should make failed skill check when he approaches you. He will normal m1 killer and you will be fine in chases. Before, Freddy's Dreamworld was threatening, you were shouldnt stay like an idiot in his world (most of people stayed Dreamworld and called this killer op but anyways, thats not our topic). Now he is m1 killer with a long cooldown ability. You shouldnt need to exit Dreamworld anymore because he cant do anything against survivors.

  • Very hot take: The slowdown add-ons could've stayed if the condition was different.

    Imagine if it was "Survivors who are put Asleep with Nightmare's Basic Attack" instead of just being Asleep.

  • I did this a while ago.

    @LapisInfernalis said:

    Dear people of the Fog,

    I have been playing Freddy for a long time now. I already knew him, well before he got his rework. I surely hadn't "mastered" him back then, since I was a newish player. But I tried my best and came to like him. I loved the aura reading outside of the TR and that he was completely invisible to people outside of the dream. I understand that complete invisibility would be a bit too harsh, especially for new players, but being able to see Freddy (every couple of seconds) from as far as 32m is too much for my taste. Why? because Freddy comes without you knowing to trap you in his world. There is an add-on (Pill Bottle), which shortens the distance a bit, but does affect neither the TR nor the lullaby, which requires M&A to be used as well. Generally this is a nice idea, but it's just not "worth" it, compared to other add-ons. This is one example for many of his add-ons, which are just status effects or niche effects that are not worth their rarity (most of his very rares and Black Box) or generally too limited to be useful.

    This is my attempt to make Freddy's add-ons more divers and more useful in general while reimplementing a lot of the "Old Freddy" I used to love in the old days. I want to make Freddy a bit more interesting to play as and against again, as well as to bring back one of the more meme-ish but fun builds that was called "Ninja Freddy" or "Silent Freddy".

    Please remember, that this is just me brainstorming and probably won't be quite as balanced as it should be. I will do my very best though.

    DREAM DEMON:

    Outside the Dream World:

    • Freddy is only fully visible when he's within 8m and intermittenly between 8m and his TR (24m). Frequency and duration depend upon the distance. The closer Freddy is, the more you can see him (similar to Wraith). Outside of 24m Freddy is "undetectable". This does implicate the status effect of the same name, but old Freddy could NOT be detected with any aura reading outside of the dream world. This would reimplement some of his stealth abilities without being too powerful.
    • Freddy's TR is set to 24m.
    • Game mechanics about micro sleep and clocks remain the same.
    • His visibility changes with his TR, but cannot be lower than 12m to give survivors a chance to react. So M&A or Furtive Chase make im less visible, but perks like Tinkerer will not make him invisible. They will just set the maximum distance to 12m for the duration. (This could be too strong.)

    Inside of the Dream World:

    • The lullaby's radius is set to 24m.

    Snares/Pallets:

    • Freddy can use both simultaneously. By tapping the Active Ability button (CTRL), switch beween Snares and Pallets (similar to Clown). To be more versitile, both are counted seperately. Freddy can set 5 Snares and 5 Pallets before they get recycled. Since Pallets are the weaker type of power (need empty spots which are rare on many newer maps/reworked maps and are less usefull in the end game) and need to be set up before a chase, I think it would be ok to have 2 seperate counters for Pallets and Snares. This also opens up an Add-on set for new stuff.

    Teleport:

    • Stays the same.

    ADD-ONS:

    • "Block"-Family: Reduces the Micro-Sleep-timer by 5/10/15/15s + the "Wake-up action" is 12s (or whatever the maximum was) by default. This creates a dilemma for the survivors: Do i still go to the watch? Do I get waken up by a mate, do I purposely fail a skillcheck or do I not care? Here I used the idea of the old blocks, which made the Dream Transition shorter.
    • "Drawings"-Family: Is totally fine. Kid's Drawing should be 1% reduction per sleeping survivor instead of a meme add-on though.
    • "Dress"-Family: Interacting with a Snare or Pallet causes Incapacitated/Mangled/Exhaustion for 15s/until healed/5s. These status effects are way more useful.
    • "Claw"-Family: Increases movement speed after teleporting for 15/20/25s by 5%. Inspired by the old claws.
    • "Rope"-Family: Makes the Survivors question reality. Creates Freddy illusions (f.e. Freddy standing, fake lullaby/TR, Freddy walking, fake teleportation effect, the metallic scratching of Freddy's glove) randomly during the Micro-Sleep Phase for 1/3/5s. The illusion's auras are visible to the killer. (similar to Doctor)
    • Pill Bottle: Teleporting makes no sound and generators don't splash blood. The blood pool where Freddy comes out remains.
    • Class Photo: After teleporting, the Aura of survivors is shown for 4s if outside of 24m. Inspired by the old Class Photo and Freddy's old Aura reading.
    • Red Paintbrush: All Survivors start in the Dream World. Only Alarm Clocks can wake them up. The huge time waster or buff for the killer.
    • Black Box: Reduces Terror Radius and Lullaby radius by 12m. Reduces maximum visibility to 12m. See sleeping Survivors' auras in up to 12m around you. Reduces movement speed to 110%. Keeping Freddy 115% while he is literally invisible outside of his TR would be hell....

    I hope you like this.

    Stay healthy.

    Edit: Forgot the aura reading for black box.


  • Idk behaviour, rework this killer, nerf him, buff him or just delete him from game and give us the real Robert Englund freddy, not the horrbile rework, just start everything new from the core.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Yeah, his add-ons are the worst in the world. Cannot believe they made it to live. Then again, this is the model strength of add-on that most people these days are asking for, not even exaggerating.

    Pyramid head exists...

  • Like I posted today in the normal discussion, with Patch 6.1.2/3 Freddy has literally nothing left anymore. He has become the worst killer in the entire game. Devs did it.

    No Addons (besides one) worth running, a lot of perks unusable by default, because they need a Terror-Radius to work (which Freddy has not in Dreamworld), his main ability to defend gens got butchered, because there are no perks left good enough to use them and waste one of 4 slots anymore, now even Dead Mans is gone.

    This killer is now officially the worst killer in the game with no Power worth naming it a "Power".