Nurse is not hard, stop using it as an excuse for being the strongest killer

Why do people say nurse is hard to learn/play? You just need to get muscle memory for the blinks and thats it. She ignores half of the mechanics just because she can teleport: no hiding red stain, no footwork, barely any patrolling, little to none time management and she ignores pallets and walls.

Someone please tell me how is she harder to play than blight and billy.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Instead of this, try learning her and get back to us. Put a few hundred hours into her and try playing her against good players.

    After a few hundred hours of playing against nurse. Good players will seem like utter garbage to play against.

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    Nurse is not hard which is why she's picked all the time, and nothing else, at every MMR level. Oh, wait, even before her nerfs she had the lowest kill and pickrates. But wait, she's actually super easy. Anyone can play her and be a 4k god. As a survivor that rarely ever plays killer, I played Nurse for the first time against literal babies and owned. Easy!!!!

    Easy when you know how to play her? Sure, but what isn't easy when you know what you're doing? I'd say playing against Nurse would be easier if you knew how to play, but it's never going to be easy if they're good. I'd say Nurse's biggest problem is perks that synergize too well with her aggressive capabilities and her range addons, which are, quite simply, broken.

    Billy is braindead easy. No one plays him the way you think people play him with curving, and people never did. Just because something that's impossible for 95% of the playerbase is hard doesn't mean the killer as a whole is inherently difficult. Blight isn't difficult, Blight is more common than Nurse, with higher kill rates, and he was everywhere and still is. Why? Do you think he's more played because he's harder? Give me a break

    im all out of new points to make and im tired, if you want my thoughts look through the comments where i argued with someone

    edit: spelling mistake

  • Nurse is not that hard to beat, literally everything shows she is not overly oppressive.

  • She's not that hard to play after 5 games I was decent at blinking, people here are really overexaggerating her having an insane skill ceiling. Then equip aura reading perks and it's more than enough to obliterate an average team, she breaks every mechanic in the game

    starstruck-noed nurse with midwitch offering is still automatic 4k, blink hits needs to count as special attack at the very least

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057200#Comment_3057200

    They both take a lot of practice but I struggle way more with Blight then I did with Nurse. There's just so much to learn. But I think that's different for everyone.

    I think I remember when you've started and asked tips to play her on the forum. (But I'm not good with names so forgive me if I'm wrong)

    Indeed we all have our strengths. I'm not very good with Blight. I think the reason is that after having learned all the details of each maps for the Nurse (including the dead zones) I didn't feel like doing it again with Blight (the inconsistent bounces and glides).

    That and the unwanted 1cm bounces are driving me crazy. Like failing a blink but 3 times in a row. (Khaaan!)

    @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057229#Comment_3057229

    So far everything you said has been qualitative, and subjective - so I responded in the same vein. If you have a problem with the word strategies, I don't really know what to tell you, except feel free to post a winstreak and prove us wrong.

    I also never said only Nurse needs strategies. Huh? You can't rewrite history my post is like 10 minutes old, dude.

    The Dunning-Kruger effect has been studied and documented for a reason. ;)

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057231#Comment_3057231

    Haha, I can't deny that you were right about her. She's still the strongest killer in the game in my opinion but when you learn how to play against her you will have a much easier time. It may sound weird but playing AS her made me better in chase AGAINST her.๐Ÿ˜‚

    I'm pretty sure there is some quote about this in The Art of War.

    And it's also one recurring recommendation when players asks how to verse her. (And is actually true for any role.)

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057249#Comment_3057249

    I'm pretty sure there is some quote about this in The Art of War.

    And it's also one recurring recommendation when players asks how to verse her. (And is actually true for any role.)

    To know your enemy, you must become your enemy. Or some nonsense, but it's absolutely true, and it works both ways. Those survivors that give me whiplash, I remember what they did and use it myself. So it boggles the mind when people just refuse to play her. How could you not want to learn more about this game you enjoy playing?

    I'm old :(

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057746#Comment_3057746

    To know your enemy, you must become your enemy. Or some nonsense, but it's absolutely true, and it works both ways. Those survivors that give me whiplash, I remember what they did and use it myself. So it boggles the mind when people just refuse to play her. How could you not want to learn more about this game you enjoy playing?

    I'm old :(

    Let's not make a contest about who's the oldest. I don't want a chance to win (probably). ๐Ÿ˜‘

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Instead of this, try learning her and get back to us. Put a few hundred hours into her and try playing her against good players.

    He'd do just fine lmao

  • @TAG said:

    Correlation =/= caustion or whatever, but there's gotta be a reason why one of the free Killers is both widely considered to be the strongest in the whole game while simultaneously having the least usage overall among players.

    Actually in the most recent stats the devs released Nurse is the fifth most played character across all matches (picked 5.27% of the time, the average pick rate being 3.7% when the data was shown and there were 27 killers). Nurse does have the lowest kill rate across all matches though.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057169#Comment_3057169

    Actually in the most recent stats the devs released Nurse is the fifth most played character across all matches (picked 5.27% of the time, the average pick rate being 3.7% when the data was shown and there were 27 killers). Nurse does have the lowest kill rate across all matches though.

    Oops, that was my bad for misremembering the data, though that does still bolster the point I'm trying to make.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057847#Comment_3057847

    Oops, that was my bad for misremembering the data, though that does still bolster the point I'm trying to make.

    Oh yeah, I wasnโ€™t disputing your main point. ๐Ÿ™‚

  • I tried Nurse once. I can honestly say that I have no intention of EVER doing so again.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057249#Comment_3057249

    I'm pretty sure there is some quote about this in The Art of War.

    And it's also one recurring recommendation when players asks how to verse her. (And is actually true for any role.)

    Yea, it really helps.

  • @Deme said:

    Why do people say nurse is hard to learn/play? You just need to get muscle memory for the blinks and thats it. She ignores half of the mechanics just because she can teleport: no hiding red stain, no footwork, barely any patrolling, little to none time management and she ignores pallets and walls.

    Someone please tell me how is she harder to play than blight and billy.

    Exactly the Learning process is much harder than blight and billy, but once you got it, it's easier to play than these 2 crackheads. xD

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057241#Comment_3057241

    I think I remember when you've started and asked tips to play her on the forum. (But I'm not good with names so forgive me if I'm wrong)

    Indeed we all have our strengths. I'm not very good with Blight. I think the reason is that after having learned all the details of each maps for the Nurse (including the dead zones) I didn't feel like doing it again with Blight (the inconsistent bounces and glides).

    That and the unwanted 1cm bounces are driving me crazy. Like failing a blink but 3 times in a row. (Khaaan!)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057239#Comment_3057239

    The Dunning-Kruger effect has been studied and documented for a reason. ;)

    Yes, that was me! I've started playing her without plaid flannel or whatever it's called and it went way better then I expected. I learned so much after I made that post and now I'm way better with her. I'm having so much fun with her and that really helps when you try to learn. I'm still learning so much with both Blight and Nurse as well. There's so much to learn with them. Learning the collision on everything on all maps takes so much practice and time but it's so worth it imo. I really hope BHVR doesn't remove the hug tech because it's such a fun thing to pull off!

  • Nurse isn't hard at all just use her brown addon that shows where her blink is going to land and viola pro nurse without ever having to really know her blink hold time. They basically hold your hand with the Nurse with that addon.

  • @Tigernutz1979 said:

    I tried Nurse once. I can honestly say that I have no intention of EVER doing so again.

    i also tried her once when i was new and i hated her and it was years before i cared to try her again when i was more experienced.

    found out she's actually super fun to play because i don't have to chase normally like every other killer i am less restricted and getting a blink hit is super satisfying.

    so now i hate her for another reason, (being the unbalanced piece of ######### design she is lol)

  • Replying to all the comments is boring. So i will just say it here for everyone. Nurse is harder to catch up then any other killer. But pretty easy to master after that. Her difficulty is exaggerated by the community. I don't know how a killer that ignores walls, pallets and can literally teleport at high speeds is the hardest killer in DBD. She isn't easy. But she isn't the hardest either. Something like Blight is harder then Nurse. To master. Blight ain't easy to use unless you are facing bad survivors. There's alot to Blight rushes, and a power far more complex then Nurse. With Blight you need to have map awareness, knowing what has colission or not, flicks, hug teching(which is easy and will be removed), zoning and much more. Mastering Blight isn't easy and he sure takes more skill then Nurse. But this all isn't just my point. What im trying to say is Nurse isn't the hardest killer in the game. Blight or Billy probably are. Once more, Nurse ignores walls and pallets. Get the hang of how her blinks work, and that's it. And to complete, Nurse isn't the hardest killer in the game.

  • in my experience, she's harder than blight (who is not that hard) but easier than billy (hardest killer in the game by far)

  • @Deme said:

    Why do people say nurse is hard to learn/play? You just need to get muscle memory for the blinks and thats it. She ignores half of the mechanics just because she can teleport: no hiding red stain, no footwork, barely any patrolling, little to none time management and she ignores pallets and walls.

    Someone please tell me how is she harder to play than blight and billy.

    How about instead of us telling you that she is hard you play her and show us that she is easy

  • I think she is hard to play. Doesn't justify how stupidly broken she is though.

  • Hillbilly is harder than Nurse

  • Just leave Nurse alone, jeez.

    I don't know what sparked this hunt, but it isn't needed.

    Not like this.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Instead of this, try learning her and get back to us. Put a few hundred hours into her and try playing her against good players.

    against the best of the best you surely need to be a very good Nurse, but even my 50 hours Nurse stomped most teams in public lobbies. Once you have the basic timings down you will hit a lot of blinks, and most survivors don't know how to abuse trees or rock tiles and just try to double back everytime

  • @Tigernutz1979 said:

    I tried Nurse once. I can honestly say that I have no intention of EVER doing so again.

    That was my first reaction: "what's that asthmatic piece of ####?"

    So I put her aside and I went to main Billy. A while later I came back to her. It was an arduous route but an interesting one.

  • @johnlikesguns2 said:

    Replying to all the comments is boring. So i will just say it here for everyone. Nurse is harder to catch up then any other killer. But pretty easy to master after that. Her difficulty is exaggerated by the community. I don't know how a killer that ignores walls, pallets and can literally teleport at high speeds is the hardest killer in DBD. She isn't easy. But she isn't the hardest either. Something like Blight is harder then Nurse. To master. Blight ain't easy to use unless you are facing bad survivors. There's alot to Blight rushes, and a power far more complex then Nurse. With Blight you need to have map awareness, knowing what has colission or not, flicks, hug teching(which is easy and will be removed), zoning and much more. Mastering Blight isn't easy and he sure takes more skill then Nurse. But this all isn't just my point. What im trying to say is Nurse isn't the hardest killer in the game. Blight or Billy probably are. Once more, Nurse ignores walls and pallets. Get the hang of how her blinks work, and that's it. And to complete, Nurse isn't the hardest killer in the game.

    i totally agree

  • Everyone says she's not hard only because they play against brand new players or newbies. Go play vs decent survivors and comeback in this thread after with the results, and then if you really think she's 'ez' go and play vs a strong solo's or a strong swf or a scrim vs good players, and post the videos or screenshot of you playing her.

    Any killer is easy vs newbies, but when it comes to decent/high skill survivors, not a single killer including nurse & blight not easy.

  • Just saw a clip the other day where a Nurse found and slugged everyone on Ormond in 45 seconds with Haunted Grounds. Every time I see a comment defending her I genuinely can't help but laugh. Nurse's time will coming eventually.

  • as somebody who is 9000 hours in of nurse since 2016 on a 1276 game winning streak at the highest MMR I disagree

  • @GeneralV said:

    Just leave Nurse alone, jeez.

    I don't know what sparked this hunt, but it isn't needed.

    Not like this.

    It's just a bunch of whiny high mmr survivors, probably a bunch of streamers, who don't like facing a challenge and want her nerfed into the ground so they can easily loop her so their viewers can laugh at them.

  • She requires a completely different skillset than any other Killer does, which makes her harder to pick up than anyone else.

    That said, she isnt hard once you got the basics down. And she is way too effective at what she does - I don't necessarily mind an uncounterable chase power, what I do mind is that power in combination with her very good map pressure, which makes countering a good Nurse basically impossible.

  • nurse simps trying to convince me that by playing against good survivors she will be hard to win with and act like that is harder to do than on any other killer:

    image.png
  • The amount of hours I had to put in to get past getting bullied every single match was ridiculous. Anybody that actually says this either doesn't know what they're talking about or are severely downplaying that.

    I didn't use the Plaid addon either. I learned her without using that addon and didn't use range addons until I had a very good idea of her base blink range. And even now, I usually use Jenner's and a recharge addon over range.

  • Nurse took me like 10 hours of gameplay to get good with her.

    After that I was able to win against good teams on old haddonfield.

  • But yea.... first 1-10 games were really hard.... Thats an why this broken killer needs to stay in the game

  • She is perfectly acceptable to stay not because she is hard (she is, experienced survivors will require you to play her perfectly) but because she simply is unique and can be beatable, if not it is fine, no salty remark changes it

  • @INoLuv said:

    She is perfectly acceptable to stay not because she is hard (she is, experienced survivors will require you to play her perfectly) but because she simply is unique and can be beatable, if not it is fine, no salty remark changes it

    you added nothing to the discussion, and please define "playing perfectly" as nurse to me

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069451#Comment_3069451

    10 hours, good teams. Sure. If by good teams. You mean Babu teams. Then yes. You got good teams

    just sad cope

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069494#Comment_3069494

    You're sadly mistaken if you believe they were taking on teams who know what they're doing, and dominating after a whopping 10 hours of use with her. They're either a ######### prodigy. Or overstating just how good the survivors they were getting were. I know which way I'm leaning towards on that one

    Look at this:

    @Deme said:

    nurse simps trying to convince me that by playing against good survivors she will be hard to win with and act like that is harder to do than on any other killer:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NLJ3LL3V7MGF/image.png

    thats my answer

  • In my opinion once you get decent at nurse, every blink becomes a 50/50 whether or not you hit the survivor. Whereas every other killer only gets 50/50 chances a few times throughout the game, that's why she is strong. While other killers have to wait for windows to block and wait for pallets to be used, she just 50/50s constantly until she downs you.

  • There were and are still many ridiculous (balance wise) things in the game. For example tombstone fragment myers .... but why does no one complain about it ? Because you do not run into a (sweaty) tombstone fragment myers on a regular basis (barely ever).

    Nurse on the other hand gets more popular at the day, i feel like she is by far the most popular killer right now.

    Yesterday and today i grinded some games (to make some chars prestige 1 before the patch), i played like 30 games in total over two days, roughly 50% were against nurses). Its getting completly out of hand, But i learned something new, i face some nurses that threw midwitch offering (instead of the usual autohave and mc millan) oh boy, i didnt know how bad midwitch can be against a sweaty nurse....

    Its getting completly out of hand...

  • image.png

    โ€Žโ€Žโ€Žโ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069451#Comment_3069451

    10 hours, good teams. Sure. If by good teams. You mean Babu teams. Then yes. You got good teams

    Well I can't do nothing if 90% of the team you get are babies. The only time when you lose as a good nurse is when survivors get a decent map, separate on gens perfectly and bring strong items.

    In most cases you just demolish them.

1 2 โ€บ