Anyone disappointed with July Developer Update?

Still why there's no option for players to decide whether Prestige or not?

Is it abusable that I keep farming things from lv.50 Bloodweb?

Portrait effect? Wow, clearly there are even customized portrait players made and this is disappointing.

Give something that upcoming legacy P3 players can show off.

Endurance change? Fine, now look at Pinhead's "Original Pain" add-on which negates all Endurance.

Why nothing has been done to Pharmacy? Why does it only activate only when "injured"?

Where's camping solution? Previlege to not camp and penalty for extreme camping? Nothing.


Honestly some of changes were good but I think Developer Update lacks so many of what players want.

Comments

  • Very disappointing and honestly just shows who they are listening to.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057240#Comment_3057240

    Yeah, it is whatever. I honestly dont care anymore, they nerfed the Perk just because it was Meta.

    I will just play way less Survivor than before, fine by me.

    Did you really use iron will that often? I mean ouch if so. But personally im a memer like red herring blast mine or quick and quiet head on. More power to you obviously but im just wondering if this is is over the top. Personally i like that claire won't sound like she had a asthma attack while running if they lower everything overall. Of course bringing up ace and others that are much more quieter as well to make it even ground.

  • Its now proven again, how much BVHR understand and reacts on given feedback.

    Tunneling issues intensified with Midchapter: Who cares?

    Camping issues intensified with Midchapter: Who cares?

    Slowdown stack intensified: Who cares?

    Prestige rewards being pointless: Who cares?

    Crippling perks just for a change: Who cares?

    Lets be honest. Everyone playing as survivor after Midchapter is probably just a masochist par excellence. Its really infuriating how much worse you could make already worse situations with just one midchapter patch for survivors. But hey its obviously that BHVR wants more players to DC or even quit the game. Otherwise you cannot explain such poor statements.

    Are you serious @BHVR?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057250#Comment_3057250

    Did you really use iron will that often? I mean ouch if so. But personally im a memer like red herring blast mine or quick and quiet head on. More power to you obviously but im just wondering if this is is over the top. Personally i like that claire won't sound like she had a asthma attack while running if they lower everything overall. Of course bringing up ace and others that are much more quieter as well to make it even ground.

    Yep. Using it for years, mostly because I cannot stand the injured sounds. I will also stop playing some Survivors entirely, e.g. I did not like Jane before, but I wont play her anymore. Same with Claire, I like her Skin, but not her injured sounds.

    Without any way of removing those, I will not touch those characters again.

    (Like, really, I dont care about any Survivor Perk Nerf, except for Iron Will)

  • Can't wait to join a game as killer after 30 minutes of queue since now.

    Good luck.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057263#Comment_3057263

    Yep. Using it for years, mostly because I cannot stand the injured sounds. I will also stop playing some Survivors entirely, e.g. I did not like Jane before, but I wont play her anymore. Same with Claire, I like her Skin, but not her injured sounds.

    Without any way of removing those, I will not touch those characters again.

    (Like, really, I dont care about any Survivor Perk Nerf, except for Iron Will)

    Ah alright. I thought them adjusting the sounds as a whole would make it more fair but makes sense. Like if they lower the intesnity of say bill jane or claire but raise like ace claud and feng.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057011#Comment_3057011

    Ok now what exactly can BHVR do about people not being on gens ? Self care in the corner ? Who can't loop for longer then 10 seconds ? BHVR can only do so much. At the end of the day. Player agency is the ultimate factor

    Problem is the game is going to hemorrhage players again. The steam charts are already showing a decline before the event even ended.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057280#Comment_3057280

    Ah alright. I thought them adjusting the sounds as a whole would make it more fair but makes sense. Like if they lower the intesnity of say bill jane or claire but raise like ace claud and feng.

    The thing is, adjusting the sounds does nothing. Because you can even hear an Ace when your Headset is good enough. Especially if Stridor-Spirit comes back (even tho, Spirit got that Perk Slot for free... I mean, this is what an S-Tier Killer needed, a free Perk Slot).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057263#Comment_3057263

    Yep. Using it for years, mostly because I cannot stand the injured sounds. I will also stop playing some Survivors entirely, e.g. I did not like Jane before, but I wont play her anymore. Same with Claire, I like her Skin, but not her injured sounds.

    Without any way of removing those, I will not touch those characters again.

    (Like, really, I dont care about any Survivor Perk Nerf, except for Iron Will)

    You know what I don't understand, and these devs seem to this a lot.

    Why not change the perk when they know that every survivor is on the same level as far as how loud they are, and not put the cart before the horse and change it and go "eh we'll worry about the other part later". It's almost as if someone who doesn't play the game is making these decisions.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057288#Comment_3057288

    The thing is, adjusting the sounds does nothing. Because you can even hear an Ace when your Headset is good enough. Especially if Stridor-Spirit comes back (even tho, Spirit got that Perk Slot for free... I mean, this is what an S-Tier Killer needed, a free Perk Slot).

    The thing with stridor was i didn't like how one survivor perk could counteract multiple addons and a killer perk on its own ofc (removing spirit from the equation) you have freddys rope addon,huntress addon, and nurse addon. And stridor as a perk being counteracted. When a killers perks need to be more valuable then a survivors to accommodate for the 1v4. Obviously throwing spirit into the equation changes things but i personally didn't like the idea of stridor being a dead perk either. But one would have to give eventually i guess. Which ofc the non meta wins in the end. Doesn't make the addons any better though in the end i guess. And stridor will still be borderline useless.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057296#Comment_3057296

    The thing with stridor was i didn't like how one survivor perk could counteract multiple addons and a killer perk on its own ofc (removing spirit from the equation) you have freddys rope addon. And stridor as a perk being counteracted. When a killers perks need to be more valuable then a survivors to accommodate for the 1v4. Obviously throwing spirit into the equation changes things but i personally didn't like the idea of stridor being a dead perk either. But one would have to give eventually i guess. Which ofc the non meta wins in the end.

    The thing is, even people who disliked Iron Will did not run Stridor back in the day. Except on Spirit. And if a Perk is only really useable on one Killer, it is not really a good Perk and should be changed. And IMO instead of nerfing Stridor, it should have been completely reworked back then.

    But now Iron Will is dead. And with it probably Lucky Break as well, since there is 0 point in hiding your Blood and Scratch Marks, when you can be heard.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Nope, and the more I think about the new endurance changes, the more I think that Deathslinger, Legion, and Original Pain may get their deep wounds removed.

    Wait why would Deathslinger and Legion get their deep wound removed?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057309#Comment_3057309

    The thing is, even people who disliked Iron Will did not run Stridor back in the day. Except on Spirit. And if a Perk is only really useable on one Killer, it is not really a good Perk and should be changed. And IMO instead of nerfing Stridor, it should have been completely reworked back then.

    But now Iron Will is dead. And with it probably Lucky Break as well, since there is 0 point in hiding your Blood and Scratch Marks, when you can be heard.

    I was thinking the addons and stridor should have been reworked but i was also thinking from a "would behavior go back and rework addons and a perk or just nerf iron will". Ofc reworking them would be the end all better option. There will still be off the record as a option but yeah.

  • I was quite surprised they touched Inner Focus.

    That buff means the killer's aura can be read from anywhere on the map so that's actually really good.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057309#Comment_3057309

    The thing is, even people who disliked Iron Will did not run Stridor back in the day. Except on Spirit. And if a Perk is only really useable on one Killer, it is not really a good Perk and should be changed. And IMO instead of nerfing Stridor, it should have been completely reworked back then.

    But now Iron Will is dead. And with it probably Lucky Break as well, since there is 0 point in hiding your Blood and Scratch Marks, when you can be heard.

    Lucky break already pairs great with bite the bullet 👍

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333901/anyone-disappointed-with-july-developer-update

    Nope. You may find very few that are disappointed and share your POV. Camping can't and should not be -heavily- punished. Because there are times where it's neccesary. There is literally no way to tell when it's neccesary or not. Hence you can't punish it heavily.

    Yes it should. Get some skill if you need to camp. Killer main and I never camp. I may patrol end game but I even feel survivors deserve counters to end game camping. Which now they don't have.

  • I can't get over what they did to Botany. I loved this perk, it didn't need a buff in first place IMHO, particularly not such a huge one that they're forced to slap on a negative that makes it unacceptable for me to continue running it. They should just have reverted it to what it is currently on live.

    Biggest disappointment: I never was someone running the strong meta perks on either side, but I felt forced to run Borrowed Time as survivor every game to be able to unhook teammates. I really had hopes they'd have some changes in mechanics to make BT non-essential so I'd have finally four perk slots available in solo queue. With the DS and OTR deactivating at the end of the game, BT feels just as necessary, IMHO even more than ever.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057375#Comment_3057375

    I mean. Good for you. However "get some skill" also applies to knowing whats a good play, and what is not. Sometimes camping IS the good play. Recognizing that is skill. Skill isn't just indictative of your chasing prowess.

    If you're talking about staying around a hook if other survivors are around or hooking a survivor in the middle of 3 gens that's not camping. Again, killers whined and cried they can't get their end game kill because survivors had counters like ds and otr to help. Now congrats you got your hand held.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057375#Comment_3057375

    I mean. Good for you. However "get some skill" also applies to knowing whats a good play, and what is not. Sometimes camping IS the good play. Recognizing that is skill. Skill isn't just indictative of your chasing prowess.

    I never got upset if i soft camped end game with the gates powered and a hooked survivor had ds or I got hit woth bt and they escaped. Good for them, I wasn't entitled to a kill

  • @Mazoobi said:

    I was quite surprised they touched Inner Focus.

    That buff means the killer's aura can be read from anywhere on the map so that's actually really good.

    I don't think they increased distance for the killers aura, just the scratch marks. Hopefully I'm wrong but I feel like they wouldn't have just said scratch marks if they were including the killers aura in the change.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057400#Comment_3057400

    Ok. But there's your problem. You DON'T consider camping for a reason(like a 3 gen) as camping. However the game can't differentiate between camping for no reason, and camping for a reason. So no. You can't punish camping. When there are legitimate reasons to do so.

    Good thing is I'm just going to use bubba and auto get mmr for 2 kills probably 3 now.

  • It would be pretty hard not to be, unless you play Killer exclusively. Sure, killing DH is going to be a very refreshing thing, but in the meantime the developers have managed to kill soloq and I'm not being a dramaqueen about it, I literally mean that 9 out of 10 soloq lobbies will result in 3-4ks and you'll only escape if you happen to get a team with no weak links and a killer that's significantly underneath all of your skill levels.

    I understand that the stacking endurance could lead to some pretty frustrating moments, but if you actually look at those videos, you can see that multiple people are on death hook and most of the time not even a single gen was done. It was way overblown of a "problem". And now what do we get? Endurance doesn't stack. This, plus OTR deactivating after end game means that

    1) There's literally no point in staying after endgame. If somebody is hooked, they are dead. Period. (The only exception is if the Killer literally hooked them by an open gate and you have BT, unless the devs decide that BT should deactive after endgame because at this point why not just give the killer a sacrifice all four survivors button? They would still cry about DH or something)

    2) Killers are now heavily incentivized to tunnel. If somebody is unhooked, you will want to slap them into deep wound so that they can't make use of their 80 second endurance thanks to OTR. And in that case, you are already so close to them you might as well just toss them back onto the hook, DS is dead after all.

    Eruption and NOED are going to carry killers so insanely hard I don't expect to play a single game without seeing them.

    Instead of fixing the balance issues, BHVR just decided to turn the game into a friends only game. Might as well remove the option to SoloQ.

  • @lav3 said:

    Still why there's no option for players to decide whether Prestige or not?

    Is it abusable that I keep farming things from lv.50 Bloodweb?

    Portrait effect? Wow, clearly there are even customized portrait players made and this is disappointing.

    Give something that upcoming legacy P3 players can show off.

    Endurance change? Fine, now look at Pinhead's "Original Pain" add-on which negates all Endurance.

    Why nothing has been done to Pharmacy? Why does it only activate only when "injured"?

    Where's camping solution? Previlege to not camp and penalty for extreme camping? Nothing.

    Honestly some of changes were good but I think Developer Update lacks so many of what players want.

    not me for sure , i think was pretty solid, both sides got some changes for good like DH and the prestige icons.🙄

    the only thing am worried is that they didnt mention DS 🤐

  • I honestly think it's great; they're really listening to feedback and trying to make improvements that please the ENTIRE playerbase (which carries a lot of pressure).

    However, I have a few suggestions/opinions:

    1) DS stun time increased to 5 seconds & deactivates when exit gates are opened (not powered). This deincentivizes tunnelling yet also removes those 'you can't pick up' situations for the killer during endgame. (Personally I think the Off The Record change is fine as is btw)

    2) 5 seconds after hooking a survivor, if the killer remains within 15 metres of the hooked survivor while survivors are not within 20 metres of the hooked survivor, the hook timer decreases regression rate by 20%. This desentivizes camping in a manner that is not abusable by survivors, and may encourage more use of perks like Kinship if killers still decide to camp.

    3) Tone down Eruption and increase Noed aura-reading range (base 24 metres) by 4 metres per every other Dull totem cleansed by survivors. This prevents Eruption being too effective to the point where survivors feel helpless & encourages 'doing bones' to counter Noed while still giving the power to the killer to make a final comeback.

    4) Mettle of Man should ignore the new Endurance mechanism and still avoid a Dying State hit, whether or not the survivor has to mend. Mettle of Man requires 3 health states to activate, in which the survivor must actively put themselves in risky situations. I feel this should be rewarded by a guaranteed safe hit and not feel like a gamble of whether it will have value or not.

    5) Hex Ruin regression rework: Generators regressing with Hex: Ruin begin to regress at 100% and gradually increase in rate to 200% over 40 seconds. Ruin currently feels worthless with the Overcharge/kicking gens buffs. Making it a more intense and instantly-activatable version of Overcharge will justify the perk being a Hex.

    6) Restore an old effect: Self-care increases medkit efficiency whilst self-healing by 20%. This would form a nice combo with the nerfed botany knowledge, and encourage survivors to run them together (which would also make survivors that self-care in the corner take a lot faster).

    7) A thanataphobia action debuff can only be activated (permanently) if a survivor has been hit with a basic attack; meaning any survivor that is injured yet has not been hit with a basic attack will not contribute a 5.5 action speed decrease. This would allow Thanataphobia to be more a slow-build perk that can later progress into a very strong form of slowdown.

    8) Increase the Haste status effect provided to an unhooked survivor to 12%. This will make the survivor much harder to catch up to, punishing the killer for actively trying to tunnel.

    Apart from that, amazing update!! Well done bhvr; honestly you continue to improve your communication with the playerbase every single update and I feel these changes are very well thought out, and will encourage a new variety of perks/combos to start being used.

  • I mean, I wish they did more.

    Now killers have even less of a reason to leave hooks, all the gen kicking perks are subpar and BBQ is pretty much dead, so what's pushing them to leave a hook now if finding a gen to kick isn't worth and there's no reason to spread hooks now?

    More camping and tunneling incoming, esp. with OTR making it worse to spread pressure.

    At least OTR got changed for endgame and endurance got nerfed, which was needed imo.

    I'm sad they gutted overcharge into worthless tier. It might have needed a change but they went too far (again).


    But overall I think the changes are a net positive than before.

  • Yes, very much so. But tbh I wasn't expecting anything good. Self Care and DS still have their unnecessary nerfs, they unnecessarily nerfed Botany and OTR, Calm Spirit and Pharmacy buffs are still a complete joke. Yet the overturned Thanatophobia is still not changed and camping and tunneling got mega buffed. And no improvements for Solo Survivors whatsoever. Honestly, might as well stick to playing killer at this point if you don't have anybody to play SWF with.

  • I'm very happy, so many improvements. Some people only focus in the bad things.

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3056741#Comment_3056741

    When is camping necessary? When you have 0 kills and there’s only 1 gen left? And what can a surv do when there’s 4 gens left and 2 survs alive?

    Do gens.

    Or far more likely try to outlive each other, waiting for the other to get hooked and sacrificed for the hatch. And if that fails,the selfpowered gates.

    I though this was common knowledge by now? Rhetoric, no need to answer.

  • @spodamayn said:

    Really not liking the change made to the prestige catch-up mechanic. It rewards people the most that get to P3 without going for any perks.. But people that got P3 + max perks get screwed because it's now capped at P9. I prefer the system before because I at least got 3 extra prestige levels for having max perks, which put me at P12. Odd that they're making this change when it's so close to the release of the update and people already made plans on how to level previously

    I doesn't hurt you, just helps others.

  • Out of the many things being nerfed, I was looking forward to a few things like the Botany buff but even that has a downside now. Which definitely doesn't kill it but whatever.

    I was also happy that although DS was being nerfed there was a VERY good alternative to use end game - Off The Record. But it doesn't work in end game anymore which was its MAIN appeal to me. So now I see myself still using BT instead of Off The Record since at least that will still work in end game (I think!).

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3056980#Comment_3056980

    You misunderstood. Yes it has mechanics to tell when someone is being camped(see kindred, comradery)

    There is no way to gauge WHEN the camping is neccesary

    I mean, it can. There are several radius reading mechanics in the game, and chase radius mechanics. The game can clearly tell when a killer is within proxy, and how much of a proxy and whether survivors are within proxy of the hook or proxy of a chase.


    I didn't misunderstand, you're just ignoring that radius checks are part of the game already, and that is why you get points deducted for being at the hook too long as a killer.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    The survivor main support group thread

    Just like the 5 nurses come from the Woods with their multi acc to defend their op toy (which lets aceppt it, it's gonna get nerfed for sure, when? No one knows)

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3058265#Comment_3058265

    But you're still not understanding. I'm not talking about radius checks. I'm talking about actual situations in game.

    Maybe there's 3 people left, and you get someone in a 3 gen with a gen that's 80 + %..What are you supposed to do ? Just walk away and let it get done ? No.

    Maybe there's 2 people who ######### up and you have 2 hooks in a close proximity with gens you want to keep. I'm supposed to leave an adventagious situation that was given to me by you ? No.

    There's no system that can possibly be put in place to determine when the situation is correct to camp. Every situation is different

    The game can literally see those scenarios WITH radius checks. The whole game functions on radius checks, where gens spawn, where hooks spawn, how a chase activates, how perks activate etc. It all works on radius checks that the game actively performs throughout a match.


    I dont know why you're acting as if the reason those hooks and gens are close arent bc of radius checks lol

  • @lav3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3056760#Comment_3056760

    I would always prestige if there was compensation after P9. I know current Prestige don't have much tangible effects besides Bloody cosmetics but single Prestige icon? I can't understand.

    You don't lose anything when prestige so why not is the better question....I mean I want 1.5k amounts of items to use and always have options Incase the rarer items are not available at the moment

  • @dugman said:

    I think most of the July update is positive. I’m not sure why they feel the Prestige should cost any bloodpoints at all but other than that all the changes from the June update seem good to me. 👍

    As to the original post

    • Once they adjust the rarities of the add-ons like they said they will be doing there’s no downside at all to Prestiging other than that oddball 20k cost. So at that point there’s no reason for it to be optional either.
    • I don’t care about the portraits or charms either way. 🤷‍♂️ I will say though I think the new charm looks decent.🙂
    • Complaints about camping and tunneling are rooted more in the underlying issue which is that the game has player elimination midmatch. As a general rule player elimination can be problematic because nobody likes sitting on the sidelines while their friends keep playing a game they were in. The only way to ultimately eliminate camping and tunneling complaints would be to get rid of elimination and make it so, for instance, the killer gets one Ritual token per hook plus one token per 60 seconds a survivor spends on the hook or dying and they win if they collect 8-12 tokens. If the game hypothetically used that model there would be no perceived benefit to facecamping and no specific reason to down someone multiple times in a row to facecamp. (And this is how the official boardgame works in fact for exactly that reason). Unfortunately we’re well past the point that could happen in the video game so maybe it’d be something to think about if they ever do a sequel? 🤷‍♂️

    Hey they do look good but I have the best charm of them all

    Eap9KkSVAAEAwFW.png


  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057146#Comment_3057146

    I mean blocking out an entire part of the games design (your easier to be found while injured) is pretty nuts for a perk on its own. That doesn't have any downside or stipulation besides being injured (which it was bugged to affect breathing in general anyway) i don't think a perk should ever remove an entire part of a games design.

    You still got scratch marks, blood pools, steps... I don't know what they've removed according to you

  • Yeah, I'm just indifferent at this point. I can deal with the perk changes because the meta builds weren't my thing, but saying that they're still keeping in mind *why* the perks were meta isn't true. All those things will still be prevalent, if not encouraged. I fully expect teamwork to suffer in solo q. It'll be every man for himself. If it gets too hard to get to endgame then people will start equipping hatch builds. Hoping I'm wrong of course. We shall see!

  • @Gratxla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057100#Comment_3057100

    Just like the 5 nurses come from the Woods with their multi acc to defend their op toy (which lets aceppt it, it's gonna get nerfed for sure, when? No one knows)

    We don’t make threads panicking about her getting nerfed. We come into alarmist threads to provide perspective and tips against her. Of course, people would rather panic than learn so yea

  • It's annoying that they kept a prestige tax instead of adjusting the Bloodwebs. They could start with a level 10 Bloodweb instead of a level 1, then people will get to have a bunch of level 50 Bloodwebs before prestiging which will increase the BP spent per prestige level by more than the 20k tax they're charging now, and most of what people get from Bloodwebs is useless junk that they'll never use anyway but at least they're getting something for their Bloodpoints.

    I'm mostly unhappy that sharing/seeing prestige isn't optional. I don't want to share my prestige levels with others. I don't want it shown anywhere. And I don't need to see other people's prestige levels, either, but my main thing is I don't want to show off my own.

    I think the change to Botany is the wrong way to go about it. They should leave Self Care's healing speed alone, just get rid of the med kit efficiency, and not touch Botany at all.

    BHVR also needs to make a lot of changes to survivor's Bloodpoint gains. Increasing the BP caps is nice, but the Survival category alone is all kinds of messed up. In general, escaping rewards way too much and actual participation in the match rewards too little.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3058295#Comment_3058295

    We don’t make threads panicking about her getting nerfed. We come into alarmist threads to provide perspective and tips against her. Of course, people would rather panic than learn so yea

    Oh yes, nurse have been giving us these "tips" for almost 5 years, and yet not Even comp survs are able to counter a good/comp nurse.

    I Guess only killers get good with time and survivors players don't cause they lack a brain (using your logic)

    Yall don't make threads yet cause devs haven't announced her nerf, yall just keep refreshing the dbd forum page looking for a nurse thread that doesnt Fit your agenda, so You can call the 5 nurses here and tell us how ""balanced"" she is

  • @Gratxla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3058387#Comment_3058387

    Oh yes, nurse have been giving us these "tips" for almost 5 years, and yet not Even comp survs are able to counter a good/comp nurse.

    I Guess only killers get good with time and survivors players don't cause they lack a brain (using your logic)

    Yall don't make threads yet cause devs haven't announced her nerf, yall just keep refreshing the dbd forum page looking for a nurse thread that doesnt Fit your agenda, so You can call the 5 nurses here and tell us how ""balanced"" she is

    No, more like survivors are used to having the game catered to them, which means they don’t have to adapt. Sorry you’re spoiled

  • @Mozic said:

    They've mentioned theyre going to find ways to help make the mandatory prestige not come at the cost to access to higher tiers of addons and such - these announced changes rule, though. It covered like 80% of people's concerns coming out of the PTB on top of what was otherwise looking to be a fantastic patch, so now it's nearly perfect!

    It would have been better if they didn't force us to prestige until the addon access issue was fixed. What possible reason could there be to force prestige, unless BHVR is purposely trying to make the addon grind worse?

  • Mate, I've been disappointed with this game since mid-2019.

    Why would this patch be any different?

  • @lav3 said:

    Still why there's no option for players to decide whether Prestige or not?

    Is it abusable that I keep farming things from lv.50 Bloodweb?

    Portrait effect? Wow, clearly there are even customized portrait players made and this is disappointing.

    Give something that upcoming legacy P3 players can show off.

    Endurance change? Fine, now look at Pinhead's "Original Pain" add-on which negates all Endurance.

    Why nothing has been done to Pharmacy? Why does it only activate only when "injured"?

    Where's camping solution? Previlege to not camp and penalty for extreme camping? Nothing.

    Honestly some of changes were good but I think Developer Update lacks so many of what players want.

    First off the game itself has never forced u to prestige ur characters at all so the whole fact u started ur discussion off with that doesn't make alot of sense.

    That being the case, I'm excited for the new update for the following reasons:

    1: I will finally be able to get Self-Heal, Technician, Calm Mind and Were Gonna Live Forever unlocked on every survivor I have which will allow me to level them all very easily to prestige them and get all the rewards from doing so. Already got Claudette Morel, Feng Min and Jake Park to Level 50 but waiting for the Prestige rework to go live before I do their 1st prestige and unlock their perks on everyone. David King I have already prestiged 3 times so he's gonna be levelled up quite a bit when it happens along with Kate and Haddie at the same prestige level. Got every perk unlocked on Haddie already.

    2: I got most of my survivors at level 40 due to the levelling grind I did during the recent event so all I have to do is get them 10 more levels each and I can prestige them and unlock their perks for all survivors after the rework update. Hate grinding levels to unlock perks on survivors so this makes me very happy.

    3: It's annoying trying to get Self Heal and Technician to show up in the bloodweb of most survivors. Usually it takes me going thru a bunch of bloodwebs till I get to lvl 50 to get them on a survivor. But with the prestige rework update. I will soon have them on every survivor which means I will finally be able to play as every survivor in the game with those perks on them all and won't be limited to only the ones that do.

    4: The fact u don't lose any items, perks or add-ons when u prestige once the update comes out is nice considering losing all that stuff while prestiging a survivor never made sense to me as u should get to keep that stuff when u prestige so u don't lose it and it goes to waste just to prestige.

    Only thing I hate about the Prestige rework update is the fact they are nerfing one of the best perks in the entire game by making Iron Will 75% instead of 100% which means that there is no point in using it after the update cause it's suppose to make it so u make no noise what-so-ever when hiding from the killer. So thank u DBD for ruining that perk and making it worthless after the update.

1 2 ›