Why are we in 2022 and bubbas facecamping still hasn’t been fixed

I normally don’t like to complain about stuff like this (mostly solo que) but I’m sorry. Out of the three survivors games I have played 2 of them where facecamping bubbas with dead lock and noed. The other was a pyramid head which was fun but that’s because I love playing against them. The only difference was one ran bamboozle and the other one didn’t.

https://youtu.be/ugzHOW7KiOk

I could have played better and should have anticipated the noed (which is another thing that perk and dead hard should have gotten nerfed harder). But the feng that got facecamped first did not deserve what happened to her. I felt bad. This bubba was also a twitch streamer don’t worry I wasn’t toxic towards him compared to his next opponents. All I asked was “why” and he says “because it’s fun and easy.” Great. Then has the audacity to say “ggs”. Him in chase is fine I don’t have a problem. But his camping is ridiculous. Why is this not fixed? Also @GoodBoyKaru did we not have a deal to trade my bubba matches for your blight matches? Lmao

Comments

  • Nope. She didn't AFK the whole match. She still had to hit them. Not free kills. Try again. Still waiting for this footage of NOED killing people for you.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053614#Comment_3053614

    Nope. She didn't AFK the whole match. She still had to hit them. Not free kills. Try again. Still waiting for this footage of NOED killing people for you.

    Omg so she didnt afk 100% of the time, she had to HIT them? THE KILLER? Had to HIT???? shoot that certainly doesn’t portray a real match ur right, ur arguments suddenly make sense now.

    wake up bro, all those videos are Hyperboles to express a point. But then again, I don’t expect u to see reason.

    heres another just for the sake of argument since the last 3 wereny ebough

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zCe07vubTYE&vl=en

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053616#Comment_3053616

    Omg so she didnt afk 100% of the time, she had to HIT them? THE KILLER? Had to HIT???? shoot that certainly doesn’t portray a real match ur right, ur arguments suddenly make sense now.

    wake up bro, all those videos are Hyperboles to express a point. But then again, I don’t expect u to see reason.

    heres another just for the sake of argument since the last 3 wereny ebough

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zCe07vubTYE&vl=en

    Still having to hit them, I see. Where are these FREE KILLS you keep claiming? I haven't seen one yet. I still see the Killer having to put in work.


    WHERE IS MY FREE KILL FOOTAGE?!


    I want to equip NOED and watch people die while I eat a bowl of cereal, god damn it!

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053539#Comment_3053539

    I had 1 teammates get hooked in the basement today vs a bubba and there was no way I was going down there

    My default strat against Bubba, Trapper, and Hag: stay far from the basement

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053559#Comment_3053559

    My default strat against Bubba, Trapper, and Hag: stay far from the basement

    Yeah don’t go down in the basement that’s a death sentence. Drop shack pallet and stay away

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053559#Comment_3053559

    My default strat against Bubba, Trapper, and Hag: stay far from the basement

    true that, even tho its been a while I’ve seen a Hag

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053623#Comment_3053623

    true that, even tho its been a while I’ve seen a Hag

    Because she requires more skill than facecamping someone

  • Like Dead Hard, I think NOED is a crutch perk (at the very least like training wheels for baby killers) and haven't run it a single time since I had under 100 hours in game.

    But that said, it does not guarantee anything. A speed boost does not guarantee a hit, exposed survs do not guarantee a down, and end game downs do not guarantee kills. Just like DH doesn't guarantee you're gonna escape that chase.

    A killer still has to potentially find the survs, hit/down them, hook them, and then defend that hook. Are those things easier with NOED? Of course; much, much easier. But kills are not going to just happen because you're running it.

    I'm pretty sure everyone who has played much survivor has been part of at least one 4 man escape after NOED has activated. Good survivors will most often beat bad killers regardless of the perks.

    The NOED nerf isn't going to be transformative, but it will make a difference, because it will rarely stay up longer than 30-40 seconds, which means fewer survs will nope the hell out when NOED procs, and NOED killers will get fewer late game kills.

    What I often see is teammates getting cocky in the late game against an obviously inexperienced killer, and getting bit by NOED, but that's as much bad surv play as a NOED bailout.

  • I went through my Killer stage too, where I let the Survivors brainwash me into not using perks they don’t like and play in a way they prefer, and it only lead to a miserable time (for me, not them).

    NOED, haha, training wheels!

    You know what, I agree, NOED is the training wheels for survivors to actually Do Dem BONES. Give me a break survivors, you literally have all match to prevent this perk from activating. It’s one of those weakest perks in DbD but because it involves you actually doing something other then holding M1 or running around in a circle, suddenly it’s an impossible task and now you have to face the consequences of your own inactions lol.

    ———

    NOED isn’t free kills to me either AND if you are in the mindset that it’s Free, then know that you and your whole team were the one that paid for it and then gifted it to the Killer your own damned selves. xD

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    Like Dead Hard, I think NOED is a crutch perk (at the very least like training wheels for baby killers) and haven't run it a single time since I had under 100 hours in game.

    But that said, it does not guarantee anything. A speed boost does not guarantee a hit, exposed survs do not guarantee a down, and end game downs do not guarantee kills. Just like DH doesn't guarantee you're gonna escape that chase.

    A killer still has to potentially find the survs, hit/down them, hook them, and then defend that hook. Are those things easier with NOED? Of course; much, much easier. But kills are not going to just happen because you're running it.

    I'm pretty sure everyone who has played much survivor has been part of at least one 4 man escape after NOED has activated. Good survivors will most often beat bad killers regardless of the perks.

    The NOED nerf isn't going to be transformative, but it will make a difference, because it will rarely stay up longer than 30-40 seconds, which means fewer survs will nope the hell out when NOED procs, and NOED killers will get fewer late game kills.

    What I often see is teammates getting cocky in the late game against an obviously inexperienced killer, and getting bit by NOED, but that's as much bad surv play as a NOED bailout.

    By that logic I have 4kd multiple times against dead hard players, so it must be fine since it still can be done.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053669#Comment_3053669

    By that logic I have 4kd multiple times against dead hard players, so it must be fine since it still can be done.

    Well probably, yeah.

    I hate DH, and it's not balanced or fair, but it doesn't break the game or guarantee the outcome of a chase or game. It just makes my job as a killer harder, sometimes leads to losses that should have been wins, but it doesn't guarantee that surv is going to get away from me. when I played well enough to escape. Thems the breaks sometimes. But I don't stop playing when NOED procs (no do I stop running when I am exposed because that down is now "guaranteed").

    What neither of those things are is guaranteed losses. There are no "free" kills or escapes, but there are varying degrees of difficulty and advantage/disadvantage. That's what I was arguing, not whether it was fair. I suppose this whole argument is just semantic nitpicking.

    FTR, again, I think NOED is annoying af and I don't think it's good for game health; BHVR could delete it from the game today and it wouldn't affect me in the least.

    But the reality is that there isn't a whole lot in DBD that is totally fair, though.

    EDIT - there is one thing in the game that I feel will result in a near guaranteed kill, and it's the topic of this thread.

  • Why would you take it away? How fun is it playing survivor just going against the same chasing killers again and again? And vs Bubba I love that feeling not knowing how he will play, is he going to camp me to death? Now him chasing me is more exciting. If he camps ok there is always the next game after I make sure the team can gen rush him.

    If they "fix" everything people wants the game would get stale and boring.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Why would you take it away? How fun is it playing survivor just going against the same chasing killers again and again? And vs Bubba I love that feeling not knowing how he will play, is he going to camp me to death? Now him chasing me is more exciting. If he camps ok there is always the next game after I make sure the team can gen rush him.

    If they "fix" everything people wants the game would get stale and boring.

    Chases are what makes the game fun, not standing on the hook without being able to actually play the game.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I am sick of it. Practically every Bubba I get does it. I had two tonight do the insidious face camping thing. At five gens.

    I legitimately cannot remember the last time I faced a Bubba who played normally instead spending most of the match staring at a hook.

    In my exp it's more like every third camps (really camping near the hook, not counting imidiate returning into it). Could be luck on my side, or misfortune on yours.

    But regardless of that, when bubba can face camp at five gens, that means he could down someone fast. Which the survivors should try to avoid. Esp. at the beginning of the game, with all pallets up, you should be able to loop a bubba for some time so that maybe one or two gens get done before you get downed. Thats the real issue I have with many of my soloQ games against bubba, teammates dropping like flies against his chainsaw. And honestly, in this situation, you are better of with a camping bubba (if the teammates are smart enough not to try rescues).

  • I Love to do the gen in front of a camper bubba. He doesn’t know if come for you or facecamp

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3052840#Comment_3052840

    I don't think survivors should be allowed to unhook in front of my face and not get punished for that.

    Yes, definitely. If only you had like a thing with which you could hit and injure those pesky survivors with.. idk like a... gosh... a weapon.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3052154#Comment_3052154

    In my exp it's more like every third camps (really camping near the hook, not counting imidiate returning into it). Could be luck on my side, or misfortune on yours.

    But regardless of that, when bubba can face camp at five gens, that means he could down someone fast. Which the survivors should try to avoid. Esp. at the beginning of the game, with all pallets up, you should be able to loop a bubba for some time so that maybe one or two gens get done before you get downed. Thats the real issue I have with many of my soloQ games against bubba, teammates dropping like flies against his chainsaw. And honestly, in this situation, you are better of with a camping bubba (if the teammates are smart enough not to try rescues).

    Its map dependent too. Some maps have dead zones e.g. Shelter Woods which is where the first match happened.

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053542#Comment_3053542

    Yes, definitely. If only you had like a thing with which you could hit and injure those pesky survivors with.. idk like a... gosh... a weapon.

    Ohh nice, instead of stopping a survivor instantly, I should have to hit him twice in order and even after that he still manages to unhook the survivor. Well said 👏

  • @DBD78 said:

    Why would you take it away? How fun is it playing survivor just going against the same chasing killers again and again? And vs Bubba I love that feeling not knowing how he will play, is he going to camp me to death? Now him chasing me is more exciting. If he camps ok there is always the next game after I make sure the team can gen rush him.

    If they "fix" everything people wants the game would get stale and boring.

    The chase is the fun part about this game. Ask anyone. Not sitting next two a hook. Not being on a hook for two minutes. And not fixing gens

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053908#Comment_3053908

    Ohh nice, instead of stopping a survivor instantly, I should have to hit him twice in order and even after that he still manages to unhook the survivor. Well said 👏

    You can grab them. That’s stopping them instantly.

  • I know, but this entitled kid thinks that I should have to hit the survivors twice instead of grabbing them. I can tell he is definitely a big fan of the new OTR

    @Phantom_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053542#Comment_3053542

    Yes, definitely. If only you had like a thing with which you could hit and injure those pesky survivors with.. idk like a... gosh... a weapon.


  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053981#Comment_3053981

    I know, but this entitled kid thinks that I should have to hit the survivors twice instead of grabbing them. I can tell he is definitely a big fan of the new OTR

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053908#Comment_3053908

    He isn’t wrong. You are punishing the person by making them trade. No killer has a problem with the survivors trading unless they massively screw up and hit the survivor on the hook my mistake, or they really wanted a toxic survivor out.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053985#Comment_3053985

    He isn’t wrong. You are punishing the person by making them trade. No killer has a problem with the survivors trading unless they massively screw up and hit the survivor on the hook my mistake, or they really wanted a toxic survivor out.

    With the new patch coming out, endurance is going to be expected a lot, I know OTR gets deactivate when you unhook but in situations where you want the survivor to hit second stage or almost sacrifice, you don't want a survivor being able to unhook without getting punished borrowed time also being base kit, meaning it's another long chase again when you could have just grabbed the survivor and the one on the hook dies Most times you need that one survivor on the hook to die in order to stand a chance especially when you play weak killers

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053401#Comment_3053401

    The collective idea that Survivors can tell Killers who to play, how to play, and WHEN to play.... but everything Survivors do is 100% legit and "just part of the game".

    You are not the first person to make this thread whining about Bubba. It's pretty much core to the Survivor community at this point.

    The collective idea that killers can cry and moan about dh and get it changed is the same reason people want something done about camping. Cant camp if it dosent work is the same logic as cant use dh for distance if it dosent give you distance.

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053908#Comment_3053908

    Ohh nice, instead of stopping a survivor instantly, I should have to hit him twice in order and even after that he still manages to unhook the survivor. Well said 👏

    Why are you tagging me twice in your whiney BS post? Maybe be less of a terrible killer so you don't have to resort to standing still next to a hooked survivor all game? I don't have any trouble getting 3ks at the least without resorting to camping/tunneling.


    @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053981#Comment_3053981

    I know, but this entitled kid thinks that I should have to hit the survivors twice instead of grabbing them. I can tell he is definitely a big fan of the new OTR

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053908#Comment_3053908

    Lmao your pathetic head thinks that what you want isn't entitlement, 'I have to get a kill by just standing here at this hook like a sack of potatoes in the hopes that I can get a hookgrab instead of actually using my brain' give me a break.

    I'm probably way older than you kiddo, so go play fortnite, cus by the sounds of it that might be more at your level. Don't @ me again, I'm not going to waste any of my time on a petulant child like you.

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053977#Comment_3053977

    Why are you tagging me twice in your whiney BS post? Maybe be less of a terrible killer so you don't have to resort to standing still next to a hooked survivor all game? I don't have any trouble getting 3ks at the least without resorting to camping/tunneling.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053985#Comment_3053985

    Lmao your pathetic head thinks that what you want isn't entitlement, 'I have to get a kill by just standing here at this hook like a sack of potatoes in the hopes that I can get a hookgrab instead of actually using my brain' give me a break.

    I'm probably way older than you kiddo, so go play fortnite, cus by the sounds of it that might be more at your level. Don't @ me again, I'm not going to waste any of my time on a petulant child like you.

    I tagged you the second time to show another commenter your ridiculous comment. Yea congrats on you getting your 4ks or 3ks or whatever you get. Just cause I don't want grabbing healthy survivors removed means I'm the type to not use Killers ability the best way? You gave no logical evidence besides saying "oUh i gET 4ks AnD I dOnt rEsoRT tO gRabBing pEoPle off HoOks" kid you saying don't @ me again is actual proof that you have nothing smart to say XD truly pathetic.

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053977#Comment_3053977

    Why are you tagging me twice in your whiney BS post? Maybe be less of a terrible killer so you don't have to resort to standing still next to a hooked survivor all game? I don't have any trouble getting 3ks at the least without resorting to camping/tunneling.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053985#Comment_3053985

    Lmao your pathetic head thinks that what you want isn't entitlement, 'I have to get a kill by just standing here at this hook like a sack of potatoes in the hopes that I can get a hookgrab instead of actually using my brain' give me a break.

    I'm probably way older than you kiddo, so go play fortnite, cus by the sounds of it that might be more at your level. Don't @ me again, I'm not going to waste any of my time on a petulant child like you.

    I liked this comment a lot😂

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053462#Comment_3053462

    The collective idea that killers can cry and moan about dh and get it changed is the same reason people want something done about camping. Cant camp if it dosent work is the same logic as cant use dh for distance if it dosent give you distance.

    👀👀

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054109#Comment_3054109

    I tagged you the second time to show another commenter your ridiculous comment. Yea congrats on you getting your 4ks or 3ks or whatever you get. Just cause I don't want grabbing healthy survivors removed means I'm the type to not use Killers ability the best way? You gave no logical evidence besides saying "oUh i gET 4ks AnD I dOnt rEsoRT tO gRabBing pEoPle off HoOks" kid you saying don't @ me again is actual proof that you have nothing smart to say XD truly pathetic.

    Because hookgrabs are killers' best ability? Lmao, k dude. I don't owe you anything nor any 'evidence' this isn't a court of the law 🤣. You don't want to believe me? Then don't, I could not care less.

    And I'd love to have discussions with people who have common sense, but your responses so far have proven to me that you don't. Any further response you have to add to the ones prior, I consider nonsense and a waste of my time.

    But by all means, go on talking to the void because I'm reading anything you have to say anymore, you could cry me an entire ocean and I still wouldn't care ✌️

  • @Phantom_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054135#Comment_3054135

    Because hookgrabs are killers' best ability? Lmao, k dude. I don't owe you anything nor any 'evidence' this isn't a court of the law 🤣. You don't want to believe me? Then don't, I could not care less.

    And I'd love to have discussions with people who have common sense, but your responses so far have proven to me that you don't. Any further response you have to add to the ones prior, I consider nonsense and a waste of my time.

    But by all means, go on talking to the void because I'm reading anything you have to say anymore, you could cry me an entire ocean and I still wouldn't care ✌️

    Ohh welcome back, It seems that you do care what I have to say, it being that you said you didn't but here you are. I never said that grabbing people off hooks are killers best ability, you clearly must not have taken your meds Grandpa, I'm stating that grabbing people when healthy is much more efficient than having to hit them twice. 😴😴😴

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3052282#Comment_3052282

    That too. I forgot about DS getting nuked. Back in the days you could try (stress on the word try) go for a yolo unhook against Bubba and hope to break the cycle of hook trading via DS.

    That was already gutted when DS was made to deactivate on just tapping the unhook (not even completing it). Which means you can't even try to bait a grab unhook and then DS into the actual unhook. Still it was a low percentage play. But at least it was a glimpse of hope.

    Now DS is going to be obliterated in endgame. Even more useless.

    I remember a match on Hawkins that was similar. It's hilarious that the devs think a five-second BT will achieve what 15-second let alone the current 12-second BT, never accomplished. There's still no response to getting the rescue; that's the issue with some killers. Any form of BT doesn't help with securing a rescue, and even when you ARE successful, The Cannibal can down the rescuer, eat BT, and down the rescued on the same chainsaw. The 7% haste will do little; Bubba can eat SB and Guardian.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3052141#Comment_3052141

    But facecamping hasn’t been removed I don’t understand???

    it was removed... before they removed it you could stay pefectly idle once hooking someone and completely deny a save for the simple fact that survivors had only a single angle to perform the unhook action

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3052141#Comment_3052141

    Facecamping was not removed in the slightest lmao I can say “look we fixed face campinng. We removed the impossibility of blocking a unhook therefore face camping is eradicated yay”, but as long as a instadown killer can stand close enough to impede a save its still Face Camping, 2 or 3 meters added distance doesnt change that

    if you saw it in that way then even normal killers can "facecamp" by simply grabbing the survivor who is doing the unhook... before it was LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to save someone from the hook if the killer was positioned in that specific spot, now you can do a save without problem, yes, even with instadown killers with a modicum of attention (bubba and billy can be stucked into objects/walls/lockers if you know how to time well your dodge while oni and myers can't camp forever with their instadown ability since it's time limited)

  • I honestly don't have anything to add to this discussion. But I'm also not willing to let this thread die. I want the developers to be forced to address the issue of Bubba and Billy face camping hooks.

  • Answering your title it doesnt mind just if skill is taking into account runing in circles when you can perfectly see me and i cant mindgame its stupid.

  • If you couldn't do it with Bubba they would move on to Billy, and then probably Trickster. Punish people with less BP gains, with less pips, with less exp, none of it is going to prevent someone who camps from camping. You can't even implement a pause or something because it'd be even worse, so the most you could do is like.. I don't know, allow the survivor to unhook themselves and then give them some form of safety, but you have to wonder how things like this can be abused.

    Sure, people do it because it works, or they're bad, but I mean if you're bad or you're going to get teabagged and flamed for being nice, I can see why someone might decide to just not care anymore.

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053462#Comment_3053462

    The collective idea that killers can cry and moan about dh and get it changed is the same reason people want something done about camping. Cant camp if it dosent work is the same logic as cant use dh for distance if it dosent give you distance.

    That's a false equivalency. "Fixing" camping is far easier said than done. Nerfing DH is a much simpler task than crippling campers without breaking the game. I'm all for reducing camping, but the "how" is the hard part.

  • it should be removed I'm sick of going against that ######### when a killer player is just mad at the game

  • Survivors deserve to be camped by my bubba under The_Lyonic on ttv. I camp because killer is not fun anymore, so why should it be fun for them?

    1 mistake, 1 chase and your game is over? Welcome to killer 2022.


    Remember that killers are worth x4 what a survivor is worth. A survivor has a 25% chance to be chased but 75% chance they will be doing a gen. Your gameplay is repair gens.


    My gameplay is chase all the time.

  • I haven't played dbd in a while and I hop on and a camping bubba was my first game.... He was also a streamer on twitch. I think devs said in the past that the best strategy is to just do gens... I find that stupid because it defeats the purpose of playing in the first place, we play for the interaction with the killer... also I am not gonna hang around until I die while teammates do gens....

  • First: Make Bubba not be able to use his power within so much distance of a hooked survivor, just like Twins and Artist.

    Second: For 5 seconds after unhooking a survivor, Bubba still will not be able to use his power within so much distance of where the survivor was hooked at.

    ---

    It's a pretty harsh nerf, but it's about the only way to prevent a face-camping Bubba. And lets face it, Bubba is actually a pretty good killer without face-camping.

  • @Lyonic said:

    Survivors deserve to be camped by my bubba under The_Lyonic on ttv. I camp because killer is not fun anymore, so why should it be fun for them?

    1 mistake, 1 chase and your game is over? Welcome to killer 2022.

    Remember that killers are worth x4 what a survivor is worth. A survivor has a 25% chance to be chased but 75% chance they will be doing a gen. Your gameplay is repair gens.

    My gameplay is chase all the time.

    If your not having fun why not play something else instead of trying to ruin someone else’s game?

  • @konchok said:

    I honestly don't have anything to add to this discussion. But I'm also not willing to let this thread die. I want the developers to be forced to address the issue of Bubba and Billy face camping hooks.

    Thank you my friend. You are a legend!

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    it should be removed I'm sick of going against that ######### when a killer player is just mad at the game

    Yeah it’s pretty lame to take it out on other people because your so bad lmao. I hate this killer so much

1 … 3 4 5 ›