Why are we in 2022 and bubbas facecamping still hasn’t been fixed

I normally don’t like to complain about stuff like this (mostly solo que) but I’m sorry. Out of the three survivors games I have played 2 of them where facecamping bubbas with dead lock and noed. The other was a pyramid head which was fun but that’s because I love playing against them. The only difference was one ran bamboozle and the other one didn’t.

https://youtu.be/ugzHOW7KiOk

I could have played better and should have anticipated the noed (which is another thing that perk and dead hard should have gotten nerfed harder). But the feng that got facecamped first did not deserve what happened to her. I felt bad. This bubba was also a twitch streamer don’t worry I wasn’t toxic towards him compared to his next opponents. All I asked was “why” and he says “because it’s fun and easy.” Great. Then has the audacity to say “ggs”. Him in chase is fine I don’t have a problem. But his camping is ridiculous. Why is this not fixed? Also @GoodBoyKaru did we not have a deal to trade my bubba matches for your blight matches? Lmao

Comments

  • @brewingtea said:

    I was playing against a Leatherface, and we got the last generator done, and then, bam, NOED

    Now, all of a sudden, Bubba can take you down in ONE shot???????????

    He can already do that with his chainsaw wdym

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053489#Comment_3053489

    Bubba is worthwhile, he annihilates pallets and has the ability to insure a kill. What's not worthwhile about that?

    no slowdown, no chase potential. Even with bamboozle. His shortcomings are waaaaay more accentuated than his strengths.

    thats the primary reason why bubba mains face camp. I mean, u have to face camp for a false sense of skill. If he were any good he would be alongside the top dogs 👀

  • Standing in front of a hook? How so lmao. Im pretty sure anyone can do that bro

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053494#Comment_3053494

    no slowdown, no chase potential. Even with bamboozle. His shortcomings are waaaaay more accentuated than his strengths.

    thats the primary reason why bubba mains face camp. I mean, u have to face camp for a false sense of skill. If he were any good he would be alongside the top dogs 👀

    i just played a bubba and destroyed him. He ain’t that great. I escaped can’t say the same for my two teammates that got camped

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053507#Comment_3053507

    Standing in front of a hook? How so lmao. Im pretty sure anyone can do that bro

    If I can hit shots through walls with pyramid head then I think I can camp someone to death. Doesn’t sound to hard with bubba

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053517#Comment_3053517

    i just played a bubba and destroyed him. He ain’t that great. I escaped can’t say the same for my two teammates that got camped

    I know, I was just saying that. Bubba does well mainly at low mmrs.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053494#Comment_3053494

    oh wow every impressive camping first hook. Your better than Otz and tru talent combined

    Wow, this is embarrassing, when did you last see tru's vids? He agrees that tunneling and camping is the best way to win. He does it quite often and I definitely ain't better than Otz. But that thing you thought about tru not tunneling or camping, very embarrassing when you don't check your sources

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053520#Comment_3053520

    I know, I was just saying that. Bubba does well mainly at low mmrs.

    I’ll send you the video. It was on shelter woods too lmao

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053519#Comment_3053519

    If I can hit shots through walls with pyramid head then I think I can camp someone to death. Doesn’t sound to hard with bubba

    thats a terrible take. Since it actually takes skill to hit PHs shots. And literally no skill to stand still and wait

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053494#Comment_3053494

    no slowdown, no chase potential. Even with bamboozle. His shortcomings are waaaaay more accentuated than his strengths.

    thats the primary reason why bubba mains face camp. I mean, u have to face camp for a false sense of skill. If he were any good he would be alongside the top dogs 👀

    Hmm, you clearly have not gone up against beast scratchings, award winning chilli Bubba before. If you are trying to sya he ain't worthwhile, then maybe the devs should buff him some more. He will probably be much more worthwhile with the new patch

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053517#Comment_3053517

    Hmm, you clearly have not gone up against beast scratchings, award winning chilli Bubba before. If you are trying to sya he ain't worthwhile, then maybe the devs should buff him some more. He will probably be much more worthwhile with the new patch

    I play since 2016. So im pretty sure I have. As long as I have windows and time pallet stuns and locker tantrums well, watchu gonna do? As long as I can force a M1 out a Bubba hes no threat.

  • I've had some good luck with Bubbas lately - of the last maybe 6 (?) I've gone against, only 1 camped. One even carried me to the open exit and let me go. I'm still wary as soon as I spawn in and hear the chainsaw though lmao

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3052781#Comment_3052781

    The best solution I could think up is that if Bubba spends too long in the same tile as a hooked survivor while not in a chase (15 seconds?), his chainsaw gets disabled until he leaves the tile or once he's been in a chase for 5 seconds (so it doesn't immediately turn back on in time to rev on any unhooker that comes by while he's camping.) And then it would need some other clause like if the saw was disabled due to inactivity, and Bubba only moved one tile over, re-entering the first tile without being in a chase would immediately disable the saw again, so he can't tile hop to avoid the penalty the same way corner crouchers dodge crows.

    So he could still proxy with the saw, and he can chainsaw someone dumb enough to try and unhook while he's chasing them back to the hook/before he has a chance to leave, but if he facecamps, he can only M1.

    OK but if we are doing that can we give him 10 charges? And give legion a shotgun

  • @Phantom_ said:

    I've said it once and will say it again, they need to remove hook-grabs.

    And if they're a face-camper, they better have marshmallows on their hooks, so I can Netflix and die in peace.

    I don't think survivors should be allowed to unhook in front of my face and not get punished for that.

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053513#Comment_3053513

    Wow, this is embarrassing, when did you last see tru's vids? He agrees that tunneling and camping is the best way to win. He does it quite often and I definitely ain't better than Otz. But that thing you thought about tru not tunneling or camping, very embarrassing when you don't check your sources

    The same tru talent that was complains about power struggle and balanced landing. The same tru talent that was saying that every hook should be a scourge hook. Yeah no thanks

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053462#Comment_3053462

    Because its an issue. Lol same as Killer mains whining about dead hard a while back. If u actually think facecamping a hook is anywhere near healthy gameplay to anyone u should try and develop some game sense lmao

    also, plz dont make this a “us vs them” issue. It’s the most played out discourse in here

    The game is literally us versus them. I have no idea why people think this is somehow counter to how the game works. IT IS LITERALLY US VERSUS THEM.


    Also, you cannot compare Dead Hard, a perk appearing multiple times in EVERY SINGLE MATCH, to one Killer.

  • Yup. Because it is.


    As long as Killer Mains can LITERALLY be lectured about how their behavior is TIME GATED ("Really? You do that at 5 gens?"), I really don't wanna hear about one strat on one killer you see in one game out of 20. Maybe.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053526#Comment_3053526

    The same tru talent that was complains about power struggle and balanced landing. The same tru talent that was saying that every hook should be a scourge hook. Yeah no thanks

    ??? You are trolling me right? You are the one that said that I am better than Tru and Otz... You mentioned tru first not me

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053478#Comment_3053478

    Yup. Because it is.

    As long as Killer Mains can LITERALLY be lectured about how their behavior is TIME GATED ("Really? You do that at 5 gens?"), I really don't wanna hear about one strat on one killer you see in one game out of 20. Maybe.

    I just played him two games in a row and they camped

  • I played 30 games of DBD this week and only face ONE Bubba and he did not camp. He chased us with Bamboozle.


    Your mileage may vary.

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053544#Comment_3053544

    ??? You are trolling me right? You are the one that said that I am better than Tru and Otz... You mentioned tru first not me

    Yes because he has good mind games. He is a good killer but I disagree with a bunch of stuff he says. And at least he don’t just stand there but a hook survivor

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    Just figured I'd throw in my 2 cents and point out this lovely match I had with a friend the other night against a Bubba.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MLSQKZCVZHNJ/20220708002820-1.jpg

    Slugged us all repeatedly, refused to hook, and unfortunately I was the last to die. At end game chat I said, "You gotta tell me why?" and he says "fun".

    So yeah I'm def in the boat of wanting less of these sorts of Bubba games. Camping being a bigger problem* obviously.

    But you could go against any killer who slugs, slugging blight/nurse if probably more scary than bubba

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053476#Comment_3053476

    The game is literally us versus them. I have no idea why people think this is somehow counter to how the game works. IT IS LITERALLY US VERSUS THEM.

    Also, you cannot compare Dead Hard, a perk appearing multiple times in EVERY SINGLE MATCH, to one Killer.

    oh i see u trolling right? Please tell me ur either trolling or ur a noob. Cause u can literally play as both. So nothing in this game is a us vs them issue lmao. U should familiarize urself with the magical concept of Balancing.

    yes I can lol NOED is literally the second chance equivalent for DH. Ur so biased u cant even see the obvious

  • @Nazzzak said:

    I've had some good luck with Bubbas lately - of the last maybe 6 (?) I've gone against, only 1 camped. One even carried me to the open exit and let me go. I'm still wary as soon as I spawn in and hear the chainsaw though lmao

    I had 1 teammates get hooked in the basement today vs a bubba and there was no way I was going down there

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053548#Comment_3053548

    Yes because he has good mind games. He is a good killer but I disagree with a bunch of stuff he says. And at least he don’t just stand there but a hook survivor

    Ahh yes, standing infront of the hook and patrolling near the hook has such a huge difference. He does both man... Even Otz camps, not saying camping is wrong but he does it because that is the state this game is in if you want to win

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053523#Comment_3053523

    thats a terrible take. Since it actually takes skill to hit PHs shots. And literally no skill to stand still and wait

    You mean I can actually play the game without just standing by the hook😱😱

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053528#Comment_3053528

    You mean I can actually play the game without just standing by the hook😱😱

    U do realize I was commenting on the Face Camping aspect of Bubba right? Idk what u on about

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053545#Comment_3053545

    oh i see u trolling right? Please tell me ur either trolling or ur a noob. Cause u can literally play as both. So nothing in this game is a us vs them issue lmao. U should familiarize urself with the magical concept of Balancing.

    yes I can lol NOED is literally the second chance equivalent for DH. Ur so biased u cant even see the obvious

    You clearly have never followed my post history.


    I'm a SURVIVOR MAIN.


    And yes, I play both.


    That doesn't mean the game isn't literally a two sided PvP game. And no, NOED and DH are not equivalents. One is a chase perk that can be used several times a match, the other is an endgame perk that rats itself out on first use and can be cleansed.


    You cannot remove Dead Hard from the game.


    The only thing they have in common is they are perks.

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053561#Comment_3053561

    U do realize I was commenting on the Face Camping aspect of Bubba right? Idk what u on about

    Oh my bad I was agreeing with you but I was being sarcastic about actually playing the game instead of just standing by a hook and doing since we have so many people that want to defend that “strategy”

  • @Lyonic said:

    I run a facecamping bubba stream on twitch because this game is not fun for the killer - it's way too stressful. Chasing survivors is the fun part - but watching them just W away to freedom or the next godloop gets old real fast.

    The worst part is that the maps are so unablanced that survivors think they are untouchable and tbag on the exit gate etc. So toxic.

    I want to watch please, what's the name of your twitch channel?

  • Imagine the thought of Bubba getting buffed which is going to happen in the next patch.. With much longer gens, a facecamping Bubba will be an even stronger strat. A strat that is uncounterable.

    As insanely weak as survivors are now, his 1-shot ability needs to be nerfed so it only removes one health state. It is not needed in the game now, especially around a hook.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053558#Comment_3053558

    You clearly have never followed my post history.

    I'm a SURVIVOR MAIN.

    And yes, I play both.

    That doesn't mean the game isn't literally a two sided PvP game. And no, NOED and DH are not equivalents. One is a chase perk that can be used several times a match, the other is an endgame perk that rats itself out on first use and can be cleansed.

    You cannot remove Dead Hard from the game.

    The only thing they have in common is they are perks.

    Yeah clearly a surv main sure. Not at all biased sure.

    Bro, DH has a 40 sec cooldown lmao. As long as the totem is not cleansed u can use it many times over with no cooldown. they are exactly equivalents, both existed to give second chances. U did poorly during the chase? good heres a pallet. U suck at killer? Good here a free kill.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053558#Comment_3053558

    You clearly have never followed my post history.

    I'm a SURVIVOR MAIN.

    And yes, I play both.

    That doesn't mean the game isn't literally a two sided PvP game. And no, NOED and DH are not equivalents. One is a chase perk that can be used several times a match, the other is an endgame perk that rats itself out on first use and can be cleansed.

    You cannot remove Dead Hard from the game.

    The only thing they have in common is they are perks.

    Noed and dead hard are the same. Poorly designed perks that reward you for losing

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    Survivors: "Teabagging, flashlight clicking, and juicing the killer are part of the game. Deal with it."

    **Basement Bubba has entered the chat**

    Survivors: "THIS IS A WAR CRIME!"

    images (1).jpeg

    Survivors think they deserve an escape every time or think it's okay for them to be toxic... Smh

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Imagine the thought of Bubba getting buffed which is going to happen in the next patch.. With much longer gens, a facecamping Bubba will be an even stronger strat. A strat that is uncounterable.

    As insanely weak as survivors are now, his 1-shot ability needs to be nerfed so it only removes one health state. It is not needed in the game now, especially around a hook.

    Idk about that one. He’s be f tier if his chainsaw only removed one healthstate and that’s not the way to go

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053382#Comment_3053382

    If you have read some of my comments in the past I have said that I hate when survivors tbag. Also I already made a comment in this thread alone that I would just delete flashlights. I even said dead hard should have been nerfed harder lmao. So I don’t really know what’s the point of this comment

    He isn't just talking specifically about you, he means survivors in general.

  • Embarrassing is thinking there is a such thing as a "free kill".


    In no way are those two perks anything alike.


    NOED isn't a "You suck at killer" perk. It's an endgame perk, same as No Way Out or Remember Me. Most perks in the game can vaguely be called a "second chance" perk. That doesn't make them equivalents.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053564#Comment_3053564

    Noed and dead hard are the same. Poorly designed perks that reward you for losing

    Going to end game is not losing. The developers have said the game is literally designed around 2 escapes and 2 kills, thereby making the clearing of all 5 gens an EXPECTED OUTCOME.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053570#Comment_3053570

    Idk about that one. He’s be f tier if his chainsaw only removed one healthstate and that’s not the way to go

    Then ask yourself why all other killers don't have "free NOED" as basekit.

    1-shot should require immense skill, not something as easy as a M1 attack.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053573#Comment_3053573

    Embarrassing is thinking there is a such thing as a "free kill".

    In no way are those two perks anything alike.

    NOED isn't a "You suck at killer" perk. It's an endgame perk, same as No Way Out or Remember Me. Most perks in the game can vaguely be called a "second chance" perk. That doesn't make them equivalents.

    Explain to me how is downing a surv with one hit and no downside is not a free kill? How does no way out or remember me give u the same advantage as NOED? U still have to hit the survivors twice amd ur still slower. And please tell me how is DH on the same level as Lithe or SB?

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Imagine the thought of Bubba getting buffed which is going to happen in the next patch.. With much longer gens, a facecamping Bubba will be an even stronger strat. A strat that is uncounterable.

    As insanely weak as survivors are now, his 1-shot ability needs to be nerfed so it only removes one health state. It is not needed in the game now, especially around a hook.

    Erm.... Only remove one health state?

    Nah we're good. Thanks tho.

    I would be okay with that but give him 10 charges to his chainsaw and a built in vegetable oil and beast scratchings

  • I want you to read that first sentence again. SLOWLY.


    "Explain to me how downing a surv with one hit and no downside is not a free kill?"


    It wasn't free. Free would be if I got up to pee and came back and someone is dead. You have to win a chase and nail that hit to get that down. Which already doesn't mean anything if they were already injured because they would have already gone down ANYWAY. NOED doesn't make heads spontaneously explode with "free kills". Not to mention a down isn't a kill. A kill requires three hook states (or two and a Mori).


    No Way Out can buy you just as much extra end game time as NOED, potentially a LOT MORE if NOED is destroyed quickly, which is now very likely with the growing aura.

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053564#Comment_3053564

    Yeah clearly a surv main sure. Not at all biased sure.

    Bro, DH has a 40 sec cooldown lmao. As long as the totem is not cleansed u can use it many times over with no cooldown. they are exactly equivalents, both existed to give second chances. U did poorly during the chase? good heres a pallet. U suck at killer? Good here a free kill.

    My god man, develop some game sense plz. I really hoped u were a troll. Honestly, it would be less embarrassing

    How are people ever gonna improve if they always rely on noed? That perk needs to be removed/reworked so that you actually worked for the kill like no way out. I don't even use noed because there are so many better perks out there that's can slow down gens and stuff, especially with the new update, Thanatophobia, gift of pain, pentimento and deadlock. We all are gonna have a hell of a time🤣

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053590#Comment_3053590

    I want you to read that first sentence again. SLOWLY.

    "Explain to me how downing a surv with one hit and no downside is not a free kill?"

    It wasn't free. Free would be if I got up to pee and came back and someone is dead. You have to win a chase and nail that hit to get that down. Which already doesn't mean anything if they were already injured because they would have already gone down ANYWAY. NOED doesn't make heads spontaneously explode with "free kills". Not to mention a down isn't a kill. A kill requires three hook states (or two and a Mori).

    No Way Out can buy you just as much extra end game time as NOED, potentially a LOT MORE if NOED is destroyed quickly, which is now very likely with the growing aura.

    Omg hahahahaha bro ur literally faster with noed, which guarantees a hit. It literally is a free kill, cause u didn’t win the chase out of skill, but out of a crutch. Same as DHing to a pallet.

    Every single instadown killer power has a skill or learning curve, noed is simply a crutch that bypasses that. And honestly what have u been doing all game? I mean its endgame if u didn’t get at least on hook stage on every surv this would be a more a skill issue than anything else.

    im not talking about “if”s bro. If that were the case it would be a much more used perk than noed

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053573#Comment_3053573

    How are people ever gonna improve if they always rely on noed? That perk needs to be removed/reworked so that you actually worked for the kill like no way out. I don't even use noed because there are so many better perks out there that's can slow down gens and stuff, especially with the new update, Thanatophobia, gift of pain, pentimento and deadlock. We all are gonna have a hell of a time🤣

    Right? Honestly I hate these crutch perks so much. Also pentimento ftw my brother. Combo it with undying or hunted grounds u got urself a hell of a fun time amirite

  • Again, still not a free kill. You need to get off your backside and do something to make it work. You can laugh at me all you want, but these are how the perks work. NOED only works in end game, is removable, and does nothing to an already injured person. These are facts, not opinions.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053597#Comment_3053597

    Again, still not a free kill. You need to get off your backside and do something to make it work. You can laugh at me all you want, but these are how the perks work. NOED only works in end game, is removable, and does nothing to an already injured person. These are facts, not opinions.

    Oh yeah, its super counter intuitive for a killer to get into a chase with any surv. I mean, ur faster and can down in one hit BUT u have to chase I mean??? What is the killer supposed to do next? Score a hit? where does it end? Where is the line?

    it is free as long as u dont have to do ANYTHING outside what is expected of u. Period.

    u know u could say the same about DH u know? U still need to be injured to proc and u still have to wait 40 secs standing still to recharge. Yet, its common sense it was an unbalanced perk. These are facts my brother

  • @DY86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053603#Comment_3053603

    Oh yeah, its super counter intuitive for a killer to get into a chase with any surv. I mean, ur faster and can down in one hit BUT u have to chase I mean??? What is the killer supposed to do next? Score a hit? where does it end? Where is the line?

    it is free as long as u dont have to do ANYTHING outside what is expected of u. Period.

    u know u could say the same about DH u know? U still need to be injured to proc and u still have to wait 40 secs standing still to recharge. Yet, its common sense it was an unbalanced perk. These are facts my brother

    I'm gonna test out your theory.


    I'm gonna run NOED next game.


    Then I am going to AFK once the last gen pops and go make myself some dinner.


    When I come back, I expect to be in the final score screen with my four "free kills".

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053609#Comment_3053609

    I'm gonna test out your theory.

    I'm gonna run NOED next game.

    Then I am going to AFK once the last gen pops and go make myself some dinner.

    When I come back, I expect to be in the final score screen with my four "free kills".

    …there are literally a ######### ton of videos on youtube portraying exactly that. So imma save u some trouble.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZa5SHM-tfI

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WzlcuX67Fs4

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ImdpTENCU5c&vl=e

    enjoy

1 2 3 4 5