Let Killers see the entire area of effect of Boon: Circle of Healing with a big blue border.

This would make it a lot easier to find survivors sneaking around in the Boon healing area, would make it easier to find which totem to snuff out and would prevent games turning into HIT SURVIVOR, Survivor HEALS, HIT again etc.

Alternatively, increase blessing time of Boon totems to 60 seconds but buff their range and some of the weaker Boons.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041425#Comment_3041425

    You can hear the boon at 24 meters.

    And yes, you are THAT bad, Im assuming this because you cant even pinpoint Boon locations and current CoH is giving this you enough problems you had to come to the forum to demand an absurd nerf. Hell you even have a post like this in your history "Literally eat flashlights, walk right into a pallet stun and chase 1 person the entire game without scoring a single hit. Only way Survivors won't complain but they still will clown on you in Endgame chat for no reason" Really, getting looped for 5 gens and not scoring a single hit? Im sorry but... come on.

    You CANNOT hear the Boon at 24 meters. It is NOT possible. In my experience, the chimes don't even start playing until you are barely 5 meters within its radius. The sounds do NOT trigger. The actual directional audio cue at the very least does not trigger until you are literally right on top of it, the range of the directional audio cue is half as much as the hatch.

    I am able to pinpoint Boon locations if I waste over a minute of my time looking for them. Sure, you might say "then what's the point of complaining about it?" because I can only snuff it out. When you snuff it out, even WITH Shattered Hope, the Survivor who placed it can instantly bless another totem as soon as you do it. There is no punishment for a Killer snuffing out your totem and if they don't sacrifice a perk slot for a perk you might not even take, you can just bless the same Totem again with no punishment and cooldown.

    There is ZERO SKILL involved in finding a Totem in the corner of the map, blessing it then sneaking away to that corner of the map every time you start losing a chase. Two of your teammates heal you in less than five seconds, no punishment. I COULD chase them down but you see, they're holding W and I'm not Blight or Spirit and now they're even further away than any gens I should be pressuring. Defeated by the W key because my Killer happens to not have gen pressure, ranged attacks or anti-loop built in.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041423#Comment_3041423

    Oh good for you, playing Killers that are very good at gen pressure and anti-loop. Yeah that's a completely fair comparison, sorry for my complaints. I should just play Spirit, Nurse and Blight non stop and never play any other Killers.

    You said I don’t play killer. Now your going at me for playing demogorgon and pyramid head the most. Lmao so what?

    also pyramid head doesn’t have map pressure

  • @Sheridan_LT

    Can i give you a little advice?

    If you want a conversation where both parties can tell their side of their stories and give their idea input, try acting a little aggressively to almost everyone who says anything.

    You don't have to like their ideas just like they don't have to like yours, but both can give their ideas without being attacked.


    Also giving accurate info about the perk will also help with being taken seriously.

    And yes i know how CoH was, been against it and have used it as well.

    I have given my idea about the perk in a few other posts already so I'm not gonna talk about it again.

    But my advice is to be a bit less aggressive against everyone who doesn't share your opinion 😉✌️

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041433#Comment_3041433

    You said I don’t play killer. Now your going at me for playing demogorgon and pyramid head the most. Lmao so what?

    also pyramid head doesn’t have map pressure

    No but Pyramid Head does have the Punishment, he has a huge advantage in a chase against 1 person. He can end chases much faster than a Killer without anti-loop but with Gen Pressure. I'm not going at you, I'm just saying you have a natural advantage in this circumstance. You won't lose much time at all chasing a person down if you're decent.

    For Demo, while he is considered weak, he still has portals and from my personal experience, those apply pressure pretty decently even if they're easy to close and his other ability counters holding W and is slightly anti-loop. Even if you close one of his portals, he gets Killer Instinct against anyone close to his portals. When a Survivor does that, you still end up getting some information on the location of Survivors with no perks.

  • @bm33 said:

    Does the LT at the end of your name stand for Lord Tony? Just curious.

    I dont know if this whole thread is going to get us banned but even if it does just know you are mah man.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041423#Comment_3041423

    Oh good for you, playing Killers that are very good at gen pressure and anti-loop. Yeah that's a completely fair comparison, sorry for my complaints. I should just play Spirit, Nurse and Blight non stop and never play any other Killers.

    You don't need Nurse, Spirit or Blight. You can be good with other killers too.

    I am doing good with Nemmy for example. If you are bad on game, strong killers will not make you better.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    @Sheridan_LT

    Can i give you a little advice?

    If you want a conversation where both parties can tell their side of their stories and give their idea input, try acting a little aggressively to almost everyone who says anything.

    You don't have to like their ideas just like they don't have to like yours, but both can give their ideas without being attacked.

    Also giving accurate info about the perk will also help with being taken seriously.

    And yes i know how CoH was, been against it and have used it as well.

    I have given my idea about the perk in a few other posts already so I'm not gonna talk about it again.

    But my advice is to be a bit less aggressive against everyone who doesn't share your opinion 😉✌️


    I will try, but I feel like a pretty big idiot when the first response anyone can think of to a nerf idea is to throw around insults and assumptions about my skill. It's not like I'm actually having trouble getting 4Ks only because of this one Boon, but it drags games out far longer than they need to be and just gets very annoying to fight against, then while I go to snuff it out they pop a gen so most of the time I leave most Boon totems up.

    The time and effort to find and snuff out a Boon if I don't just happen to pass by it in a chase? A complete waste. The time that I as a Killer need to spend to flick off a literal Healing boost lightswitch with a pretty long stomping animation is a complete waste when they get no cooldown on putting down another one right after even if I did use Shattered Hope. That perk just means they won't get to use that totem. Oh woohooo, they'll do this 4 more times. So much fun lol

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041425#Comment_3041425

    You can hear the boon at 24 meters.

    And yes, you are THAT bad, Im assuming this because you cant even pinpoint Boon locations and current CoH is giving this you enough problems you had to come to the forum to demand an absurd nerf. Hell you even have a post like this in your history "Literally eat flashlights, walk right into a pallet stun and chase 1 person the entire game without scoring a single hit. Only way Survivors won't complain but they still will clown on you in Endgame chat for no reason" Really, getting looped for 5 gens and not scoring a single hit? Im sorry but... come on.

    You can only hear the boon at 24 meters for survivors, if you played killer you should know its around 8-10 for them. So T1 Myers with monitor TR range. Basically you only hear it when it's already at your feet.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041433#Comment_3041433

    You don't need Nurse, Spirit or Blight. You can be good with other killers too.

    I am doing good with Nemmy for example. If you are bad on game, strong killers will not make you better.

    Never said I was bad, I'm literally playing Nemmy right now too. He's my boy, I love him! I just bought him a few days ago because I saw a lot of his gameplay videos and I really liked his sound design and tentacle power.

    Just, Boon makes everything a struggle. I've been playing DbD since 2019 and healing was never this bad, even when I encountered medkits, styptics, syringes and even Botany Knowledge users. Completely undoes a whole minute of progress spent in a chase and my only counter is to first use my ears to locate the tile it's on instead of gen pressuring or chasing people, then stomp it, then go do something else while the Mikaela magically teleports into the exact spot and blesses the same totem again or a different one if I used Shattered I guess.

    It is just... So exhausting. I do not have fun fighting this Boon, two Survivors healing 1 was already powerful but now 3 can heal each other in like 10 seconds or something and sometimes bring a medkit and Botany on top of that?? Why?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041224#Comment_3041224

    Nobody is abusing a perk just by virtue of using it, no.

    But that does not mean perks cannot be abused.

    Sticking CoH at a distant safe loop, and then running to that safe space after every hit while another team mate takes aggro and repeats that process, puts the game in a stalemate that the killer cannot resolve. Only by committing to an unwinnable chase, in order to snuff out that totem, and thereby guarantee they lose the final gen. After which the illusive booner can just rebless and repeat.

    With sufficiently coordinated survivors, this is as unplayable for the killer as a Boil Over in the corner with no hooks within 50m, and is tantamount to taking the game hostage.

    Is that 'abuse'? I suppose it depends on the intentions of the survivors, which isn't possible to confirm, but fairly easy to infer.

    this sounds entirely like

    "every time I hit a survivor, they run away and heal because I leave them alone"

    Have you thought about... not leaving them alone and maybe chasing them?

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041442#Comment_3041442

    You can only hear the boon at 24 meters for survivors, if you played killer you should know its around 8-10 for them. So T1 Myers with monitor TR range. Basically you only hear it when it's already at your feet.

    Oh my god thank you, I thought I was going crazy for a second because as Survivor I would always hear it as a non-directional ambient noise but pretty much what you described as Killer!

    I mean that's kinda funny because they just outed that they never played against Boon as Killer or they would have known that lol

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041229#Comment_3041229

    this sounds entirely like

    "every time I hit a survivor, they run away and heal because I leave them alone"

    Have you thought about... not leaving them alone and maybe chasing them?

    Uhh oh yeah sure. Let me do that, so the guy tells everyone in his Discord call that he's being chased and watch like 3 gens fly by in 1 minute and 30 seconds. If only I were a Huntress main lol...

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041224#Comment_3041224

    Nobody is abusing a perk just by virtue of using it, no.

    But that does not mean perks cannot be abused.

    Sticking CoH at a distant safe loop, and then running to that safe space after every hit while another team mate takes aggro and repeats that process, puts the game in a stalemate that the killer cannot resolve. Only by committing to an unwinnable chase, in order to snuff out that totem, and thereby guarantee they lose the final gen. After which the illusive booner can just rebless and repeat.

    With sufficiently coordinated survivors, this is as unplayable for the killer as a Boil Over in the corner with no hooks within 50m, and is tantamount to taking the game hostage.

    Is that 'abuse'? I suppose it depends on the intentions of the survivors, which isn't possible to confirm, but fairly easy to infer.

    Oh my god, thank you for putting what I've been trying to say so eloquently! This can easily happen unless you expect Boon every game and prepare counters for that Boon. Sometimes you might even have to use a map offering just to pick a smaller map you can gen pressure a lot easier. Why don't generators and Boons scale with map size so that bigger maps are actually playable with Killers that aren't Blight??

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041466#Comment_3041466

    Never said I was bad, I'm literally playing Nemmy right now too. He's my boy, I love him! I just bought him a few days ago because I saw a lot of his gameplay videos and I really liked his sound design and tentacle power.

    Just, Boon makes everything a struggle. I've been playing DbD since 2019 and healing was never this bad, even when I encountered medkits, styptics, syringes and even Botany Knowledge users. Completely undoes a whole minute of progress spent in a chase and my only counter is to first use my ears to locate the tile it's on instead of gen pressuring or chasing people, then stomp it, then go do something else while the Mikaela magically teleports into the exact spot and blesses the same totem again or a different one if I used Shattered I guess.

    It is just... So exhausting. I do not have fun fighting this Boon, two Survivors healing 1 was already powerful but now 3 can heal each other in like 10 seconds or something and sometimes bring a medkit and Botany on top of that?? Why?

    CoH is really not that bad. You can counter it with some anti-heal perks or add-ons. Sloppy is great. If they heal slowly, i don't mind that. This gives me enough time to pressure on generators.

    I am also playing Sadako with Sloppy + Nurse build. I am not chasing survivors, just hit & run. I am doing alright. Some maps have so much stupidly strong loops and this maps are problem, not CoH.

    You'd end chases faster on fair maps. Maps needs to look, CoH is on good spot right now for me.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041478#Comment_3041478

    Uhh oh yeah sure. Let me do that, so the guy tells everyone in his Discord call that he's being chased and watch like 3 gens fly by in 1 minute and 30 seconds. If only I were a Huntress main lol...

    There's honestly no real reason to discuss this game with you, you instantly assume some made up scenario so you can "win" the conversation, it's really quite pointless.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041229#Comment_3041229

    This is not abuse.

    And personally, when the Boon is on the other side of the Map, I dont really have a problem with it as Killer. Because at least the Survivor has to spend a lot of time getting there. Would be different if it is in the middle of the Map on another Floor.

    However, Perks or Perk Combinations are not abused. Like, nobody said that Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer is abusing something, despite this combo being quite oppressive.

    Same if you look for Grab-Builds with old Prayer Beads (for Gens and Totems). Strong. But no abuse at all.

    Oh yeah time, that sure matters for Survivors currently not in a chase and genrushing at the start of the map? No I believe it's not the biggest time sink ever for a single Survivor to divide their attention while the rest of their friends gen rush. I don't get to spawn with 2 Killers tho, unless I'm Twins!

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041442#Comment_3041442

    You can only hear the boon at 24 meters for survivors, if you played killer you should know its around 8-10 for them. So T1 Myers with monitor TR range. Basically you only hear it when it's already at your feet.

    No, its 24 for everyone, at the edge you can still hear a very faint tune and you still see the blue aura, it works similar to how TR works, the closer the higher but you can still hear them at 24 meters and you most definitely can see the blue tint.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041476#Comment_3041476

    CoH is really not that bad. You can counter it with some anti-heal perks or add-ons. Sloppy is great. If they heal slowly, i don't mind that. This gives me enough time to pressure on generators.

    I am also playing Sadako with Sloppy + Nurse build. I am not chasing survivors, just hit & run. I am doing alright. Some maps have so much stupidly strong loops and this maps are problem, not CoH.

    You'd end chases faster on fair maps. Maps needs to look, CoH is on good spot right now for me.

    That really feels like a Circle of Healing problem to me. Like I said in another comment, scale generator repair speed with map size. That sounds like an easy nerf to me, if the map is gigantic then scale Boon's power and gen speed. Speaking of Nemesis... I REALLY like Nemesis. He is so much fun!! People complained about his tentacle strike needing 3 hits but like I'm having such a good time with him right now.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041473#Comment_3041473

    No, its 24 for everyone, at the edge you can still hear a very faint tune and you still see the blue aura, it works similar to how TR works, the closer the higher but you can still hear them at 24 meters and you most definitely can see the blue tint.

    No you don't see the blue aura as Killer. That is completely untrue, I have never ever seen the blue tint around my screen. Only as Survivor.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041486#Comment_3041486

    That really feels like a Circle of Healing problem to me. Like I said in another comment, scale generator repair speed with map size. That sounds like an easy nerf to me, if the map is gigantic then scale Boon's power and gen speed. Speaking of Nemesis... I REALLY like Nemesis. He is so much fun!! People complained about his tentacle strike needing 3 hits but like I'm having such a good time with him right now.

    Big maps should not exists, pallettown maps should not exists. CoH is already nerfed twice and last nerf made it fair on my book. Maybe heal speeds can be looked, med-kits too. But i don't think CoH needs another nerf.


    And yeah, Nemesis is my fav killer atm. 3 hits makes him weak at early game but whenever you jump to tier 2, he is chase monster. I'd like to see better add-ons and smarter zombies but his base-kit is great.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041473#Comment_3041473

    No, its 24 for everyone, at the edge you can still hear a very faint tune and you still see the blue aura, it works similar to how TR works, the closer the higher but you can still hear them at 24 meters and you most definitely can see the blue tint.

    Killers don't see the blue aura and its def not 24 meters for them either. If you played killer you should know this.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041434#Comment_3041434

    How do they know that the reason Circle of Healing is so bad to play against is because I'm just bad at the game?? Maybe if people did a little less assuming, came up with their OWN SUGGESTIONS for nerfs instead of saying "No, terrible idea and also let me insult you for literally no reason lmao" and not suggest any of their own ideas or form constructive feedback, this would be a discussion and not whatever this is.

    CoH doesn't need a nerf in my opinion. I'm a killer main and they don't annoy me usually. If I snuff them and hear the notification of a boon being blessed, it's usually easy to find out where they are.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041496#Comment_3041496

    Big maps should not exists, pallettown maps should not exists. CoH is already nerfed twice and last nerf made it fair on my book. Maybe heal speeds can be looked, med-kits too. But i don't think CoH needs another nerf.

    And yeah, Nemesis is my fav killer atm. 3 hits makes him weak at early game but whenever you jump to tier 2, he is chase monster. I'd like to see better add-ons and smarter zombies but his base-kit is great.

    I think big maps should exist, they just need a serious nerf. Big maps work great for the Blight and Billy. The whole reason I started this thread was that Killer can't see the same blue tint that Survivors can at 24 meters and can't hear the pretty loud chime until he's standing on top of it. Idk how saying the area needs to be indicated to the Killer too is controversial.

    Seeing the blue tint around your screen is completely fair to me because aside from the small area where the sound plays, there is no other indication unless the Killer just randomly guesses.

    Jumping to Tier 2 with Nemesis isn't even a big deal, it happens pretty fast if you aren't chasing just one person the whole game lol even Tier 3 happens kinda fast and it's very fun!

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041406#Comment_3041406

    Yeah where have you been these games as Killer? Oh right, no.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041402#Comment_3041402

    Finally someone reasonable, it's not "don't nerf the perk it's perfect" but actually forming an argument. I don't see you suggesting anything though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041391#Comment_3041391

    If I ever want any nerfs to one of the biggest meta perks right now, I'm just a salty Killer main that's camping and tunneling and needs to get better. Dude, making no sense here.

    Well my suggestion is reworking the boon system entirely and then rebalancing all 4 boon perks, coh included. It’s a failed mechanic. Most boons are too oppressive (coh) or too niche/situational to be worth the time investment. But the fact that they are infinite and have unlimited verticality makes it impossible to buff the weak boons. TL;DR: coh itself isn’t the only issue here.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041427#Comment_3041427

    Does the BM in your name stand for Bad Manners at the age of 33? Just curious lol but I don't get the joke you're making here??

    There wasn't a joke. Your posts just remind me of someone that used to post here under name Lord Tony so wondering if that's what the LT stood for.

  • Another brilliant "I'm an X main that wants easy kills/escapes so nerf Y" type of post. These are the posts that keep me coming here LOL. Honestly though, boon totems make a TON of noise. If you need more than that....I dunno.

    If the devs don't go for this idea though, they could always just make Franklin's Demise base kit so survivors can't "abuse" medkits or any other item XD.


  • @akaTheBARON said:

    Another brilliant "I'm an X main that wants easy kills/escapes so nerf Y" type of post. These are the posts that keep me coming here LOL. Honestly though, boon totems make a TON of noise. If you need more than that....I dunno.

    If the devs don't go for this idea though, they could always just make Franklin's Demise base kit so survivors can't "abuse" medkits or any other item XD.

    Another "let me assume things about the OP so I don't consider their argument lmao" post. They don't if you play Killer, you haven't played Killer. They make NO noise until you are sitting on top of one.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041243#Comment_3041243

    Another bad Survivor who keeps losing chases so you run off to the corner of the map to heal while your other teammates gen rush lol

    maybe don't commit to that chase? and this wouldn't be an issue for you? Or if you're always winning these chases against these "bad survivors abusing COH in the corner, why cant you get other downs?" I mean, now youre making it seem like you're downing these survivors, and seem to always know the boon is in the corner of the map. In this case why do you need a boarder making the game easier for a killer who's CLEARLY on top of this COH meta XD

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041530#Comment_3041530

    Another "let me assume things about the OP so I don't consider their argument lmao" post. They don't if you play Killer, you haven't played Killer. They make NO noise until you are sitting on top of one.

    You're posts have a certain... you know what, I can't quite put my finger on it... but if I were to guess, I'd say you're a ton of fun to hang out with LOL. Just SOMETHING about you. Oh, and i can hear them plenty far away. Not a mile away, but definitely a good distance enough away to where any competent killer doesn't have to be "sitting on it"

    Get better headphones. You don't even need super expensive ones. but if you have to be basically an inch a way from it, or "sitting on it" as it were, you're headphones are garbage.

    And while we're making assumptions, I play tons of killer. Even if I don't play as much as you, which I very well could, I clearly have a better grasp at the game. I don't take my "help get me to EZ kills" campaigns to the forums. XD

    Seriously, finding the boon locations is really not an issue for most killers. Like I said, it could just be your headphones. Even halfway decent ones make a huge difference.

  • @akaTheBARON said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041251#Comment_3041251

    maybe don't commit to that chase? and this wouldn't be an issue for you? Or if you're always winning these chases against these "bad survivors abusing COH in the corner, why cant you get other downs?" I mean, now youre making it seem like you're downing these survivors, and seem to always know the boon is in the corner of the map. In this case why do you need a boarder making the game easier for a killer who's CLEARLY on top of this COH meta XD

    Boon totems are not fair to Killers and are a waste of time, there's no visual indication on a Killer's screen that they're in a Boon area as there should be and the sound indication is way too small to notice until you're too close.

    It's not fair, fun or balanced and drags out most games for a literal eternity.

    @akaTheBARON said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041538#Comment_3041538

    You're posts have a certain... you know what, I can't quite put my finger on it... but if I were to guess, I'd say you're a ton of fun to hang out with LOL. Just SOMETHING about you. Oh, and i can hear them plenty far away. Not a mile away, but definitely a good distance enough away to where any competent killer doesn't have to be "sitting on it"

    Get better headphones. You don't even need super expensive ones. but if you have to be basically an inch a way from it, or "sitting on it" as it were, you're headphones are garbage.

    And while we're making assumptions, I play tons of killer. Even if I don't play as much as you, which I very well could, I clearly have a better grasp at the game. I don't take my "help get me to EZ kills" campaigns to the forums. XD

    Seriously, finding the boon locations is really not an issue for most killers. Like I said, it could just be your headphones. Even halfway decent ones make a huge difference.

    I was literally just playing a game and the directional audio cue requires you to be so close to it that you accidentally see it before you even use the audio cue. It's an awful system, not balanced. I don't want EZ kills, I don't want to spend 25 minutes trying to get a 4K because they keep healing in the corner of the map with the Boon that they can easily rebless right after I snuff it out with no cooldown.

  • If boon worries you then run shattered hope. The perk stay gone for good and you can even run plague or even force penance.

  • @katoptris said:

    If boon worries you then run shattered hope. The perk stay gone for good and you can even run plague or even force penance.

    I said fifty thousand times that it DOES NOT HELP. They just bless another one! All Shattered Hope does is remove 1 of 5 Totems they can bless so what's the point?

  • Nah but it should be a bit louder

  • That might be a bit much, but for all the utility they bring, Boons are sometimes notoriously tough to find.

    One thing that I would love would be if the global thunderclap of a completed boon were directional, ie it gave the killer a general idea in which direction the boon is, but doesn't show it in any way directly.

    I think this would make boons much more interesting and a bit more tactical.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041541#Comment_3041541

    Boon totems are not fair to Killers and are a waste of time, there's no visual indication on a Killer's screen that they're in a Boon area as there should be and the sound indication is way too small to notice until you're too close.

    It's not fair, fun or balanced and drags out most games for a literal eternity.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041547#Comment_3041547

    I was literally just playing a game and the directional audio cue requires you to be so close to it that you accidentally see it before you even use the audio cue. It's an awful system, not balanced. I don't want EZ kills, I don't want to spend 25 minutes trying to get a 4K because they keep healing in the corner of the map with the Boon that they can easily rebless right after I snuff it out with no cooldown.

    IDK what to tell ya, most killers deal with this just fine. And boons? Boons in general are a problem?

    images (1).png


  • "Please make it so boons can be found instantly" is just asking for handouts IMO.

  • You would have to do a compensation buff because this would make boons the worst type of perks in the game

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041224#Comment_3041224

    Nobody is abusing a perk just by virtue of using it, no.

    But that does not mean perks cannot be abused.

    Sticking CoH at a distant safe loop, and then running to that safe space after every hit while another team mate takes aggro and repeats that process, puts the game in a stalemate that the killer cannot resolve. Only by committing to an unwinnable chase, in order to snuff out that totem, and thereby guarantee they lose the final gen. After which the illusive booner can just rebless and repeat.

    With sufficiently coordinated survivors, this is as unplayable for the killer as a Boil Over in the corner with no hooks within 50m, and is tantamount to taking the game hostage.

    Is that 'abuse'? I suppose it depends on the intentions of the survivors, which isn't possible to confirm, but fairly easy to infer.

    Ur using a very specific situation(s) as if it was the most used, most overpowered, most unbeatable thing ever. Which is not. Is a very specific stance that does not come often. And is as much as a stale mate as a 3 gen camp with only 2 survs alive.

    Also, boil over? Really? Boil over had a time it was indeed abused, and nerfed accordingly. It is not meta, and only helps in very niche situations.

    and btw with well coordinated survs, almost anything can come in clutch, but abused? Very few strats, if any atm

  • As much as I dislike the Boons, this would be way too much. Players usually learn the totem spots after a while so finding Boons shouldn't be a problem. (Given your forum registration date, I'm assuming you know them well enough.)

    Additionally, general game sense should hint at the favorite (or most busted) spots survivors tend to use.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    That might be a bit much, but for all the utility they bring, Boons are sometimes notoriously tough to find.

    One thing that I would love would be if the global thunderclap of a completed boon were directional, ie it gave the killer a general idea in which direction the boon is, but doesn't show it in any way directly.

    I think this would make boons much more interesting and a bit more tactical.

    Directional I wouldn't mind, it would add a risk factor.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041075#Comment_3041075

    Running Perks is not "abusing" anything.

    To your idea - no.

    So...old DS doesn't ring a bell? Lol

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041243#Comment_3041243

    Another bad Survivor who keeps losing chases so you run off to the corner of the map to heal while your other teammates gen rush lol

    if they lost the chase you'd have been able to hook them

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041253#Comment_3041253

    Abuse is something that is unintended in the design of the game, usually an exploit.

    So old DS with locker grabs...a perk

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    This would make it a lot easier to find survivors sneaking around in the Boon healing area, would make it easier to find which totem to snuff out and would prevent games turning into HIT SURVIVOR, Survivor HEALS, HIT again etc.

    I'll be real with you chief this would legit make the perk hot doo doo. Having a border would allow the killer to basically instantly find where the totem is

  • This was also not abusing Perks.

    Can you stop using the word "abuse" for "Stuff I dont like"?

  • That’s what the kids call “Strategy”. U cant abuse something that is one use only. Abusing means using of some unfair advantage over and over with no counter.

    DS is a poor exemple btw, because even in the very humble beginnings of the game, killers afraid of the old DS would simply pick up and put down over and over the surv in order for DS not trigger

  • Then how about we make it so survivors can see the auras of Hex totems and can hear them from miles away? /s

    Boons are fine. You can hear when they're activated, when they are near, and you can snuff them out and potentially destroy them, if you bring Shattered Hope. That's more than enough counterplay.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041084#Comment_3041084

    Do not expect any nerfs on CoH anytime soon. The perk got 3 nerfs on a 6 month period, and killers a new perk to destroy boon totems.

    The "nerfs" resulted in a grand total of 2 seconds longer self-care and even less impact on the other healing rates - plus with new improved Botany you can take both and get Original CoH speeds, which is just insane given that the stated intent of this change is to improve kill rates a bit. Between this and the nuttery of Endurance Chaining this patch is so survivor-based it's not even funny.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3042195#Comment_3042195

    This was also not abusing Perks.

    Can you stop using the word "abuse" for "Stuff I dont like"?

    But...the locker tech was literally abusing the perk

  • @Aurelle said:

    Then how about we make it so survivors can see the auras of Hex totems and can hear them from miles away? /s

    Boons are fine. You can hear when they're activated, when they are near, and you can snuff them out and potentially destroy them, if you bring Shattered Hope. That's more than enough counterplay.

    You can't destroy THEM. You can only destroy one of FIVE TOTEMS the Boon was blessed on, that just means they will bless 4 other ones.

1 2 3