Let Killers see the entire area of effect of Boon: Circle of Healing with a big blue border.

This would make it a lot easier to find survivors sneaking around in the Boon healing area, would make it easier to find which totem to snuff out and would prevent games turning into HIT SURVIVOR, Survivor HEALS, HIT again etc.

Alternatively, increase blessing time of Boon totems to 60 seconds but buff their range and some of the weaker Boons.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • No?

    And why should be easier to do all of these things?

  • Another day, another brilliant idea on these forums /s

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    No?

    And why should be easier to do all of these things?

    Why should it be easier FOR YOU to negate all the consequences of a chase in barely 2 seconds and for me to spend at least a solid minute looking for the 1.5 meter circle around the Boon where the chime comes from? Not even that, then I have to waste a perk destroying one of my OWN totems but you can literally instantly place another Boon if you feel like it.

    Oh yeah highly skilled plays for sure my dude. Blessing a Totem, really earned that free Self-care and doubled healing speed.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Another day, another brilliant idea on these forums /s

    Damn another Survivor main abusing the Boon totems, I feel you bro lol

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041071#Comment_3041071

    Damn another Survivor main abusing the Boon totems, I feel you bro lol

    Running Perks is not "abusing" anything.

    To your idea - no.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041071#Comment_3041071

    Damn another Survivor main abusing the Boon totems, I feel you bro lol

    No, just another person who thinks your ideas are horrible

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041075#Comment_3041075

    Running Perks is not "abusing" anything.

    To your idea - no.

    Running Haunted Grounds, Undying, Pentimento and Ruin isn't "abusing anything" either. You're not in position of authority here, you're not one of the developers dude. I don't care if you say no because you can't see the Killer side of things and you abuse a broken perk with no downsides.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041069#Comment_3041069

    Why should it be easier FOR YOU to negate all the consequences of a chase in barely 2 seconds and for me to spend at least a solid minute looking for the 1.5 meter circle around the Boon where the chime comes from? Not even that, then I have to waste a perk destroying one of my OWN totems but you can literally instantly place another Boon if you feel like it.

    Oh yeah highly skilled plays for sure my dude. Blessing a Totem, really earned that free Self-care and doubled healing speed.

    Terrible idea. You're not good at that.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041075#Comment_3041075

    No, just another person who thinks your ideas are horrible

    Yeah? I don't care that you as a Survivor main abusing Boons hates this. Of course you would lmao

  • Figure out a better nerf than me then. Since you're so good at game balance??

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041082#Comment_3041082

    Figure out a better nerf than me then. Since you're so good at game balance??

    Do not expect any nerfs on CoH anytime soon. The perk got 3 nerfs on a 6 month period, and killers a new perk to destroy boon totems.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041080#Comment_3041080

    Yeah? I don't care that you as a Survivor main abusing Boons hates this. Of course you would lmao

    And why should people care about your terrible ideas? If you post in a public forum, expect people who also disagree with you to comment.

    If you want a circle jerk where everyone is "yes ma'am" make your own forum and ban everyone who disagrees with you.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041078#Comment_3041078

    Running Haunted Grounds, Undying, Pentimento and Ruin isn't "abusing anything" either. You're not in position of authority here, you're not one of the developers dude. I don't care if you say no because you can't see the Killer side of things and you abuse a broken perk with no downsides.

    Nobody ever said that running those Perks is "abusing" anything. Funny enough, everytime a Killer Main does not like something they say that the Survivors are "abusing" stuff.

    I have never run Circle of Healing. I dont really like Boons, so I dont run them.

    And well, I have probably more hours on Killer alone than you in DBD overall...

  • Nah boons are weak enough

  • Nobody running a perk (on either side) is abusing a perk. Lets stop that rhetoric right now - it doesn't help with discussion and is completely inaccurate.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041081#Comment_3041081

    Nobody ever said that running those Perks is "abusing" anything. Funny enough, everytime a Killer Main does not like something they say that the Survivors are "abusing" stuff.

    I have never run Circle of Healing. I dont really like Boons, so I dont run them.

    And well, I have probably more hours on Killer alone than you in DBD overall...

    What level of devotion are you, out of curiosity

  • @Mandy said:

    Nobody running a perk (on either side) is abusing a perk. Lets stop that rhetoric right now - it doesn't help with discussion and is completely inaccurate.

    Nobody is abusing a perk just by virtue of using it, no.

    But that does not mean perks cannot be abused.


    Sticking CoH at a distant safe loop, and then running to that safe space after every hit while another team mate takes aggro and repeats that process, puts the game in a stalemate that the killer cannot resolve. Only by committing to an unwinnable chase, in order to snuff out that totem, and thereby guarantee they lose the final gen. After which the illusive booner can just rebless and repeat.

    With sufficiently coordinated survivors, this is as unplayable for the killer as a Boil Over in the corner with no hooks within 50m, and is tantamount to taking the game hostage.

    Is that 'abuse'? I suppose it depends on the intentions of the survivors, which isn't possible to confirm, but fairly easy to infer.

  • @Mandy said:

    Nobody running a perk (on either side) is abusing a perk. Lets stop that rhetoric right now - it doesn't help with discussion and is completely inaccurate.

    Thank you!

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041224#Comment_3041224

    Nobody is abusing a perk just by virtue of using it, no.

    But that does not mean perks cannot be abused.

    Sticking CoH at a distant safe loop, and then running to that safe space after every hit while another team mate takes aggro and repeats that process, puts the game in a stalemate that the killer cannot resolve. Only by committing to an unwinnable chase, in order to snuff out that totem, and thereby guarantee they lose the final gen. After which the illusive booner can just rebless and repeat.

    With sufficiently coordinated survivors, this is as unplayable for the killer as a Boil Over in the corner with no hooks within 50m, and is tantamount to taking the game hostage.

    Is that 'abuse'? I suppose it depends on the intentions of the survivors, which isn't possible to confirm, but fairly easy to infer.

    Just do bones then.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041224#Comment_3041224

    Nobody is abusing a perk just by virtue of using it, no.

    But that does not mean perks cannot be abused.

    Sticking CoH at a distant safe loop, and then running to that safe space after every hit while another team mate takes aggro and repeats that process, puts the game in a stalemate that the killer cannot resolve. Only by committing to an unwinnable chase, in order to snuff out that totem, and thereby guarantee they lose the final gen. After which the illusive booner can just rebless and repeat.

    With sufficiently coordinated survivors, this is as unplayable for the killer as a Boil Over in the corner with no hooks within 50m, and is tantamount to taking the game hostage.

    Is that 'abuse'? I suppose it depends on the intentions of the survivors, which isn't possible to confirm, but fairly easy to infer.

    "Is that 'abuse'?"

    No.

  • Currently Devotion 35 Level 47.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041224#Comment_3041224

    Nobody is abusing a perk just by virtue of using it, no.

    But that does not mean perks cannot be abused.

    Sticking CoH at a distant safe loop, and then running to that safe space after every hit while another team mate takes aggro and repeats that process, puts the game in a stalemate that the killer cannot resolve. Only by committing to an unwinnable chase, in order to snuff out that totem, and thereby guarantee they lose the final gen. After which the illusive booner can just rebless and repeat.

    With sufficiently coordinated survivors, this is as unplayable for the killer as a Boil Over in the corner with no hooks within 50m, and is tantamount to taking the game hostage.

    Is that 'abuse'? I suppose it depends on the intentions of the survivors, which isn't possible to confirm, but fairly easy to infer.

    No that's definitely not abuse, that's co-ordinated gameplay. Killer can commit to the chase, snuff out the totem, use a perk to remove the totem from the game.

  • What would you allow the definition of 'abuse' to apply to then?

    What about the crawling to the corner to prevent any hook example I gave? Is that not "abusing Boil Over"?

    I don't see that anything that is permissible by a game should necessarily be classed as 'not abuse', simply because it could be a deisgn oversight.

  • Another lazy unskilled killer here, nothing new

  • @Gamall said:

    Another lazy unskilled killer here, nothing new

    Another lazy argument, writing off any counter opinion as "lul killer main" / "lul survivor main"

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041224#Comment_3041224

    Nobody is abusing a perk just by virtue of using it, no.

    But that does not mean perks cannot be abused.

    Sticking CoH at a distant safe loop, and then running to that safe space after every hit while another team mate takes aggro and repeats that process, puts the game in a stalemate that the killer cannot resolve. Only by committing to an unwinnable chase, in order to snuff out that totem, and thereby guarantee they lose the final gen. After which the illusive booner can just rebless and repeat.

    With sufficiently coordinated survivors, this is as unplayable for the killer as a Boil Over in the corner with no hooks within 50m, and is tantamount to taking the game hostage.

    Is that 'abuse'? I suppose it depends on the intentions of the survivors, which isn't possible to confirm, but fairly easy to infer.

    This is not abuse.

    And personally, when the Boon is on the other side of the Map, I dont really have a problem with it as Killer. Because at least the Survivor has to spend a lot of time getting there. Would be different if it is in the middle of the Map on another Floor.

    However, Perks or Perk Combinations are not abused. Like, nobody said that Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer is abusing something, despite this combo being quite oppressive.

    Same if you look for Grab-Builds with old Prayer Beads (for Gens and Totems). Strong. But no abuse at all.

  • @Gamall said:

    Another lazy unskilled killer here, nothing new

    Another bad Survivor who keeps losing chases so you run off to the corner of the map to heal while your other teammates gen rush lol

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041229#Comment_3041229

    This is not abuse.

    And personally, when the Boon is on the other side of the Map, I dont really have a problem with it as Killer. Because at least the Survivor has to spend a lot of time getting there. Would be different if it is in the middle of the Map on another Floor.

    However, Perks or Perk Combinations are not abused. Like, nobody said that Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer is abusing something, despite this combo being quite oppressive.

    Same if you look for Grab-Builds with old Prayer Beads (for Gens and Totems). Strong. But no abuse at all.

    Can you give me an example of something that would be abuse?

    Seems to me that a blanket statement of "nothing is ever abuse if it involves any perks whatsoever" is fairly disingenuous.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041247#Comment_3041247

    Can you give me an example of something that would be abuse?

    Seems to me that a blanket statement of "nothing is ever abuse if it involves any perks whatsoever" is fairly disingenuous.

    Abuse is something that is unintended in the design of the game, usually an exploit.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041247#Comment_3041247

    Can you give me an example of something that would be abuse?

    Seems to me that a blanket statement of "nothing is ever abuse if it involves any perks whatsoever" is fairly disingenuous.

    I dont think that anything which is used in Trials is "abuse". This goes from strategies over Items and Perks and general gameplay.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041243#Comment_3041243

    Another bad Survivor who keeps losing chases so you run off to the corner of the map to heal while your other teammates gen rush lol

    Even BHVR replied you laughing in your face cause of this useless thread, what a joke

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041229#Comment_3041229

    No that's definitely not abuse, that's co-ordinated gameplay. Killer can commit to the chase, snuff out the totem, use a perk to remove the totem from the game.

    No, they can't use a perk to remove Boon. They can use a perk to snuff out the totem and remove a SPECIFIC dull totem from the game, upon which Survivors can use another one with zero cooldown. Why Killer using the effects of a totem instantly notifies all Survivors and the specific Hex in use, but Killer can only guess if a Boon is in use by looking at the scoreboard, I have no idea.

    Why can a totem be blessed instantly as soon as the Killer turns around, but when a Killer's Hex is cleansed the Totem is also destroyed and can only be renewed with a perk, but only renewed once and only as a Dull Totem? No idea.

    At some point I feel like it's a complete time waste, when Shattered Hope doesn't even cause a second of cooldown and another Totem can be blessed as soon as one is found. Why do I need to spend a perk slot on something that should be basekit, when snuffing a Boon totem on its own is so useless and such a waste of time when they're just gonna bless it again and if you decide to camp it, they can just bless any of the other ones, unless you're running a bunch of Hexes so they are forced to bless a Hex totem. Something they are allowed to do for whatever reason. Why can they bless a Hex totem and why aren't they forced to just cleanse it? No clue, but I guess I ran 4 Hex perks to block all Totems for no reason at all.

    Honestly if you just played no animation for snuffing Boons and just had the Killer turn it off like a lightswitch and only Shattered Hope had an animation for stomping it that lasted 0.3 seconds, I could kinda see the balance of Boon: Circle of Healing being decent but in its current state it's awful.

    @Gamall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041251#Comment_3041251

    Even BHVR replied you laughing in your face cause of this useless thread, what a joke

    Are you adding anything to the conversation in any sense of the word??

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041229#Comment_3041229

    This is not abuse.

    And personally, when the Boon is on the other side of the Map, I dont really have a problem with it as Killer. Because at least the Survivor has to spend a lot of time getting there. Would be different if it is in the middle of the Map on another Floor.

    However, Perks or Perk Combinations are not abused. Like, nobody said that Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer is abusing something, despite this combo being quite oppressive.

    Same if you look for Grab-Builds with old Prayer Beads (for Gens and Totems). Strong. But no abuse at all.

    I would argue though is boil over builds abusing? Like sure they are using the perk. But if they go up to the top of ormand (or the famous rpd library) and just stay there the whole game refusing you to hook them. That's kinda abuse? Wouldn't be a problem if hooks were placed correctly and decently. But id at least say its troll gameplay since they arent moving from the spot (arent doing gens totems or moving and are just staying in the unhookable area) aka not participating in normal gameplay. That's the only time id say a perks being abused. Even from a 50/50 view. I hate the perk personally.

  • If you don't agree with this guy's takes you're a survivor main "abusing" perks,even tho most people on the forums play both sides don't need to be a survivor main to understand that what you're suggesting is just stupid.

    Jesust man...

  • @Ayamir said:

    If you don't agree with this guy's takes you're a survivor main "abusing" perks,even tho most people on the forums play both sides don't need to be a survivor main to understand that what you're suggesting is just stupid.

    Jesust man...

    i’m really tired of this “survivor main” “killer main” nonsense.

  • It needs a nerf but that’s not the nerf it needs.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    This would make it a lot easier to find survivors sneaking around in the Boon healing area, would make it easier to find which totem to snuff out and would prevent games turning into HIT SURVIVOR, Survivor HEALS, HIT again etc.

    Coh hasn’t really been that oppressive lately

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041069#Comment_3041069

    Why should it be easier FOR YOU to negate all the consequences of a chase in barely 2 seconds and for me to spend at least a solid minute looking for the 1.5 meter circle around the Boon where the chime comes from? Not even that, then I have to waste a perk destroying one of my OWN totems but you can literally instantly place another Boon if you feel like it.

    Oh yeah highly skilled plays for sure my dude. Blessing a Totem, really earned that free Self-care and doubled healing speed.

    What are you saying? Boon circles are 24 meters not 1,5 and healing in a Boon takes 21 seconds not 2, if you are going to demand absurd changes at least dont lie about stats everyone can look at the wiki.

    If you are so bad someone you are chasing gets to heal inside a Boon without you being able to either down the Survivor or snuff the totem you really need to git gud because its a skill problem in your end.

    @Gamall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041251#Comment_3041251

    Even BHVR replied you laughing in your face cause of this useless thread, what a joke

    Dont laugh because these are the kind of people who managed to get 10 seconds extra on each gen, a reduced CD on hit, a reduced sprint on hit and a 10% increase on break actions.

  • Yeah where have you been these games as Killer? Oh right, no.

    @sizzlingmario4 said:

    It needs a nerf but that’s not the nerf it needs.

    Finally someone reasonable, it's not "don't nerf the perk it's perfect" but actually forming an argument. I don't see you suggesting anything though.

    @Ayamir said:

    If you don't agree with this guy's takes you're a survivor main "abusing" perks,even tho most people on the forums play both sides don't need to be a survivor main to understand that what you're suggesting is just stupid.

    Jesust man...

    If I ever want any nerfs to one of the biggest meta perks right now, I'm just a salty Killer main that's camping and tunneling and needs to get better. Dude, making no sense here.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041406#Comment_3041406

    Yeah where have you been these games as Killer? Oh right, no.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041402#Comment_3041402

    Finally someone reasonable, it's not "don't nerf the perk it's perfect" but actually forming an argument. I don't see you suggesting anything though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041391#Comment_3041391

    If I ever want any nerfs to one of the biggest meta perks right now, I'm just a salty Killer main that's camping and tunneling and needs to get better. Dude, making no sense here.

    Yeah I have been playing a lot of pyramid head and Demogorgon lately. Coh doesn’t really hurt me unless i am playing really bad that I can’t down people. I think I have uploaded more killer gameplay than survivor for the past weeks on YouTube

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041073#Comment_3041073

    What are you saying? Boon circles are 24 meters not 1,5 and healing in a Boon takes 21 seconds not 2, if you are going to demand absurd changes at least dont lie about stats everyone can look at the wiki.

    If you are so bad someone you are chasing gets to heal inside a Boon without you being able to either down the Survivor or snuff the totem you really need to git gud because its a skill problem in your end.

    Did I say the BOON AREA OF EFFECT was 1.5 meters ever?? Where did I say that? I said, the range the Killer can hear the SOUND of the Boon from. I didn't say area of effect, read what I said again. Let me quote it for you: "looking for the 1.5 meter circle around the Boon where the chime comes from?" Where the CHIME comes from. Did I say anything about its EFFECTS?

    No, I'm not that bad. I'm busy pressuring gens because after I hit them, they made it to another loop and I decided pressuring gens was a better usage of my time. If I DIDN'T do that, I would get genrushed.

    Seriously assuming I'm bad with no evidence just to say Circle of Healing is somehow in a good spot right now??

  • Does the LT at the end of your name stand for Lord Tony? Just curious.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041406#Comment_3041406

    Yeah where have you been these games as Killer? Oh right, no.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041402#Comment_3041402

    Finally someone reasonable, it's not "don't nerf the perk it's perfect" but actually forming an argument. I don't see you suggesting anything though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041391#Comment_3041391

    If I ever want any nerfs to one of the biggest meta perks right now, I'm just a salty Killer main that's camping and tunneling and needs to get better. Dude, making no sense here.

    Also stating that I don’t play killer because I think you have a terrible idea makes your position look worse

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041413#Comment_3041413

    Yeah I have been playing a lot of pyramid head and Demogorgon lately. Coh doesn’t really hurt me unless i am playing really bad that I can’t down people. I think I have uploaded more killer gameplay than survivor for the past weeks on YouTube

    Oh good for you, playing Killers that are very good at gen pressure and anti-loop. Yeah that's a completely fair comparison, sorry for my complaints. I should just play Spirit, Nurse and Blight non stop and never play any other Killers.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041406#Comment_3041406

    Yeah where have you been these games as Killer? Oh right, no.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041402#Comment_3041402

    Finally someone reasonable, it's not "don't nerf the perk it's perfect" but actually forming an argument. I don't see you suggesting anything though.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041391#Comment_3041391

    If I ever want any nerfs to one of the biggest meta perks right now, I'm just a salty Killer main that's camping and tunneling and needs to get better. Dude, making no sense here.

    how do you know they don’t play killer???

  • @bm33 said:

    Does the LT at the end of your name stand for Lord Tony? Just curious.

    Does the BM in your name stand for Bad Manners at the age of 33? Just curious lol but I don't get the joke you're making here??

  • How do they know that the reason Circle of Healing is so bad to play against is because I'm just bad at the game?? Maybe if people did a little less assuming, came up with their OWN SUGGESTIONS for nerfs instead of saying "No, terrible idea and also let me insult you for literally no reason lmao" and not suggest any of their own ideas or form constructive feedback, this would be a discussion and not whatever this is.

    No one in this entire thread has made any statement to the effect of "oh yeah for sure, Circle of Healing needs a nerf but I don't like your idea personally. Here's my idea" or "no, Circle of Healing is just fine in its current state" it has always been "No, idiot. Lol. Lmao. Also you're bad at the game. Lmao."

    Uhhhhh what am I supposed to say to that?? Oh yeah sure, thanks for the insults. Yeah I see how I'm wrong, let's just NEVER nerf this awful perk. It's completely fun and fair to play against.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041411#Comment_3041411

    Did I say the BOON AREA OF EFFECT was 1.5 meters ever?? Where did I say that? I said, the range the Killer can hear the SOUND of the Boon from. I didn't say area of effect, read what I said again. Let me quote it for you: "looking for the 1.5 meter circle around the Boon where the chime comes from?" Where the CHIME comes from. Did I say anything about its EFFECTS?

    No, I'm not that bad. I'm busy pressuring gens because after I hit them, they made it to another loop and I decided pressuring gens was a better usage of my time. If I DIDN'T do that, I would get genrushed.

    Seriously assuming I'm bad with no evidence just to say Circle of Healing is somehow in a good spot right now??

    You can hear the boon at 24 meters.

    And yes, you are THAT bad, Im assuming this because you cant even pinpoint Boon locations and current CoH is giving this you enough problems you had to come to the forum to demand an absurd nerf. Hell you even have a post like this in your history "Literally eat flashlights, walk right into a pallet stun and chase 1 person the entire game without scoring a single hit. Only way Survivors won't complain but they still will clown on you in Endgame chat for no reason" Really, getting looped for 5 gens and not scoring a single hit? Im sorry but... come on.

  • @Sheridan_LT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3041434#Comment_3041434

    How do they know that the reason Circle of Healing is so bad to play against is because I'm just bad at the game?? Maybe if people did a little less assuming, came up with their OWN SUGGESTIONS for nerfs instead of saying "No, terrible idea and also let me insult you for literally no reason lmao" and not suggest any of their own ideas or form constructive feedback, this would be a discussion and not whatever this is.

    nobody said you were bad at the game.

‹ 1 2 3