Killer queue 15 Minutes+

I get time of day logistics, but never have i had to wait more than 10 minutes for a game, no matter the time of day...


Been waiting over 15 minutes... since when did playing as a killer get this bad? Players numbers that bad now or am i missing something in matchmaking or behind the scenes?

Comments

  • People grinding bp for prestige in pursuit of some non visible reward.

    The best way to do that is bbq on killer.

  • FYI Steam Charts has DbD up +11% over the last 30 days and up +7% for the month of May. So I'm not sure what caused your long wait but it's not the overall player count.

  • Probably players want to p3 their characters before the prestige change and killers tend to get more BP than survivors. That combined with new killer and you have more playing killer than survivor.

  • The World is healing ✨

  • @dugman said:

    FYI Steam Charts has DbD up +11% over the last 30 days and up +7% for the month of May. So I'm not sure what caused your long wait but it's not the overall player count.

    Then it's the new MM system...

  • Could be, or maybe a lot of people are still trying Dredge out at in the time and region you're playing, who knows? 🤷‍♂️ (I haven't had any issues with my killer queues personally but I normally just play at a relatively peak time.)

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997761#Comment_2997761

    Could be, or maybe a lot of people are still trying Dredge out at in the time and region you're playing, who knows? 🤷‍♂️ (I haven't had any issues with my killer queues personally but I normally just play at a relatively peak time.)

    Surely in a game that connects you to players across the world... there is always a peak time!? ;)

  • People are giving up on playing survivor due to poor balance and toxic killer-sided state of the game

  • @Babalonkie said:

    I get time of day logistics, but never have i had to wait more than 10 minutes for a game, no matter the time of day...

    Been waiting over 15 minutes... since when did playing as a killer get this bad? Players numbers that bad now or am i missing something in matchmaking or behind the scenes?

    What region are you located in? I'm in North America (CT), and when I played killer last night for 4-5 hours, my queue times were pretty much instant, as they've always been. When I started up this afternoon, I had a 1-2 minute waits, but when I switched to survivor, the queues (whether it was as a 2-person, 3-person, or full 4-person SWF) were pretty much normal waits (5 minute waits, give or take). I didn't see anything out of the ordinary yesterday or today over my 12 hours+ I played DBD.

  • God, I wish that were me.

  • It's instant like always in the evenings till early morning

  • New killer? People want to play/ get perks always the same give it a week.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/328077/killer-queue-15-minutes

    What region are you located in? I'm in North America (CT), and when I played killer last night for 4-5 hours, my queue times were pretty much instant, as they've always been. When I started up this afternoon, I had a 1-2 minute waits, but when I switched to survivor, the queues (whether it was as a 2-person, 3-person, or full 4-person SWF) were pretty much normal waits (5 minute waits, give or take). I didn't see anything out of the ordinary yesterday or today over my 12 hours+ I played DBD.

    UK (It's morning). It's out of "prime time" but i nearly always play around this time and up until today, it was never like this. Also playing as survivor gives instant matchmaking... it's normally the other way round... long survivor and short killer queues.



    @Barbarossa2020 said:

    New killer? People want to play/ get perks always the same give it a week.

    Other than a few days after release... not seen a dredge in ages when playing as survivor (I play both sides).

  • @Babalonkie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997763#Comment_2997763

    Surely in a game that connects you to players across the world... there is always a peak time!? ;)

    It doesn't connect you around the world? There are regional servers and you would need the much loved (/s) VPN to connect to others.

    (Edit: Truth to be told, i can't think of any game that has world wide player connect and not regional Server instances)

    Also maybe give us a little bit more info for comprehension?

    I hate queue time posts that dont include platform, cross play status, time of day and region. Because without those any discussion about queue is completely worthless.

  • Its an easy thing atm:

    Play Survivor in the daytime, play Killer at the evening/night. In this timezones, your queue is 2secs on each side.

    Killer at daytime gives you a) long queue-time and b) terribly strong SWFs, at evening the rounds are easier, but still a nice challenge.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997766#Comment_2997766

    It doesn't connect you around the world? There are regional servers and you would need the much loved (/s) VPN to connect to others.

    (Edit: Truth to be told, i can't think of any game that has world wide player connect and not regional Server instances)

    Also maybe give us a little bit more info for comprehension?

    I hate queue time posts that dont include platform, cross play status, time of day and region. Because without those any discussion about queue is completely worthless.

    Strange... 90% of the players i play with or against are not even from the same continent...


    Also i answered the same question 2.5 hours ago but got the "this comment needs to be approved".


    @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/328077/killer-queue-15-minutes

    What region are you located in? I'm in North America (CT), and when I played killer last night for 4-5 hours, my queue times were pretty much instant, as they've always been. When I started up this afternoon, I had a 1-2 minute waits, but when I switched to survivor, the queues (whether it was as a 2-person, 3-person, or full 4-person SWF) were pretty much normal waits (5 minute waits, give or take). I didn't see anything out of the ordinary yesterday or today over my 12 hours+ I played DBD.

    But i will answer it again (this will now be a duplicate post)... UK, Steam/PC and cross platform on. It's morning... but this problem did not exist before today at this time.

  • Can´t remember the last time killer had a queue like that. Yesterday evening my killer queue was instant.

    Maybe reboot the game.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Can´t remember the last time killer had a queue like that. Yesterday evening my killer queue was instant.

    Maybe reboot the game.

    Evening is killer-time. Look at my post earlier.

  • @Babalonkie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997829#Comment_2997829

    Strange... 90% of the players i play with or against are not even from the same continent...

    Also i answered the same question 2.5 hours ago but got the "this comment needs to be approved".

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997782#Comment_2997782

    But i will answer it again (this will now be a duplicate post)... UK, Steam/PC and cross platform on. It's morning... but this problem did not exist before today at this time.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    And to your point, which continent do you mean? I am from the eu and well, other people from Asia and Russia may and do use steam server settings and VPN to play with eu.

  • Yeah i know. But even in the morning 15+ minutes sounds weird.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997868#Comment_2997868

    Thanks for the clarification.

    And to your point, which continent do you mean? I am from the eu and well, other people from Asia and Russia may and do use steam server settings and VPN to play with eu.


    Well being i am from the UK my continent would be the same as yours lol


    But 90% of the games i play, the people are from Russia, South Americas or Asia. The other 10% will be from UK, Spain, Germany or Ireland.


    Literately never played anyone outside those countries in years and i have noticed when i am playing with people they are ALWAYS from the same country... even when not SWF.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997868#Comment_2997868

    Thanks for the clarification.

    And to your point, which continent do you mean? I am from the eu and well, other people from Asia and Russia may and do use steam server settings and VPN to play with eu.

    Sadly Russian people don't even have to use a VPN to play on EU Central since there are no Russian Amazon servers they automatically get connected to the closest sever to their location which is either one of the Asian servers or the German server...

    I really wished Amazon would make some Russian servers so we EU ppl wouldn't have to deal with those people with a 200+ ping - especially since they also love to play Huntress...

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997874#Comment_2997874

    Sadly Russian people don't even have to use a VPN to play on EU Central since there are no Russian Amazon servers they automatically get connected to the closest sever to their location which is either one of the Asian servers or the German server...

    I really wished Amazon would make some Russian servers so we EU ppl wouldn't have to deal with those people with a 200+ ping - especially since they also love to play Huntress...

    Oh yeah right, i forgot that.

  • If you are in Europe you will have queues as Killer from morning to around 21:00-21:30 GMT, especially during morning, at least thats how its going since a few months.

  • It's currently easing up a bit and had gone to 5-10 mins as killer, survivor is still instant.


    Must of just been a new lull at that time. I will come back if it happens again.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    Its an easy thing atm:

    Play Survivor in the daytime, play Killer at the evening/night. In this timezones, your queue is 2secs on each side.

    Killer at daytime gives you a) long queue-time and b) terribly strong SWFs, at evening the rounds are easier, but still a nice challenge.

    i Actually find it the other way round.


    SWF's in the evening and solos during the morning/afternoon... probably correlating to normal working hours.

  • I'm having the same issue for the last 6 month, my survivor queue is instant no matter what time is it but killer games take 7-10 mins for me and it's torture and always queues me against sweaty swf teams I never play against soloQ..

  • @BadZilla said:

    I'm having the same issue for the last 6 month, my survivor queue is instant no matter what time is it but killer games take 7-10 mins for me and it's torture and always queues me against sweaty swf teams I never play against soloQ..

    More S- than K-players

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    People are giving up on playing survivor due to poor balance and toxic killer-sided state of the game

    lol y it's horribly unbalanced, unless you're a masochist it's hard to enjoy solo Q

  • Why are people still playing this game?

  • @Leatherface1990 said:

    Why are people still playing this game?

    Why do you care, when you obviously don't? Well I play it for the adrenaline, the setting, the cool looking maps, the interesting variety of killers and persons and most importantly! For fun. As it is a game.

  • my killer ques are literally 10 seconds at night

  • For me (Europe West) it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to find a lobby as killer during the morning, but it takes 20 seconds during the evening.

    For survivor is the opposite.

  • @Babalonkie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997763#Comment_2997763

    Surely in a game that connects you to players across the world... there is always a peak time!? ;)

    Actually everybody connects through a bunch of regional servers to help reduce ping times so you’re much more likely to be connected to someone in your region than someone on the other side of the planet.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997766#Comment_2997766

    Actually everybody connects through a bunch of regional servers to help reduce ping times so you’re much more likely to be connected to someone in your region than someone on the other side of the planet.

    That may be the intention but it's not the reality... Russia + South America are the people i play with the most.


    @Leatherface1990 said:

    Why are people still playing this game?

    Probably due to a similar reason you read and post on this forum...

  • @Babalonkie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998194#Comment_2998194

    That may be the intention but it's not the reality... Russia + South America are the people i play with the most.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998162#Comment_2998162

    Probably due to a similar reason you read and post on this forum...

    If you're in North America and you're playing mostly against Russians then you're probably not playing at a peak time.

  • OMG!!!

    it all makes sense now why there was so many Legions today

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    People are giving up on playing survivor due to poor balance and toxic killer-sided state of the game

    yea im sure thats it buddy. Im sure thats it.