What's up with every Wraith using NOED ? it's base kit at this point for Wraith players..

Every damn goddamn match, it starts peaceful trying to guess which killer is it while I work on my first gen but it's usually super calm I can't hear any terror radius but it's very unlikely to be a Myers or GF then I see that annoying cursed semi invisible tall figure BING BONG at that second all the flashbacks of playing against Wraith players are hitting back..

You gonna get face camped and hard tunneled... They will hit you on hook for no reason I can't remember the last time I played against a non scummy Wraith they're the sweatiest killers ever they don't give hatch or anything of that sort, they will slug and use every tactic to tunnel and camp you and if you're lucky enough to finish gens it's 100% guaranteed NOED and at this point it's base kit for Wraith...While playing SoloQ it's over no one does totems.

Wraith is my most hated Killer to go against at this point.

Comments

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995092#Comment_2995092

    "But then: 2 guys disconnected immediately, I depiped. Then I ran Legion for 5 gens and got down by NOED, depiped. Then two guys bully killer and died in first 3 minutes, got at least black pip. And finally got killer that tunnel and camp, with obvious result. Now I'm almost back at the beginning of the Iri 3. And I think in a few hours will be rank reset and all my month efforts again is in vain."

    Scenarios:

    1). You have no control over other people. This happens in DBD (and every other pvp game) and will happen in DBD unless you're in a 4-man SWF every game - There is nothing that can be done by any player to alleviate this, although it bones over everyone, killer included. In the war of attrition to get to Iri 1, you just have to play enough games so that outliers like these aren't the norm.

    2). Whenever the killer is super focused on me and the gens are almost done, I'll try to dump them on a teammate. If I've literally run the killer for the whole game (doesn't happen very often, tbh, you may be wayyyyy better than me if you can do it consistently), other players will usually run interference for me before the last gen pops because they want Boldness/Altruism/some sort of interactivity before end game. These other players are completely random, but this is generally the norm for me, anecdotally, not the exception.

    Another point about this is that if you're 'playing for pips', you may want to try and dump them earlier, as running the killer for 5 gens and escaping isn't going to do much for your Lightbringer/Benevolent emblems.

    3). Easiest way not to get tunneled/camped out of the game immediately is to not be the first person caught. As you rank up, getting people that make plays you can react to and vice-versa becomes more and more frequent (with the odd potato field, every now and then). People will also be more inclined to run interference for you if you're doing well/contributing.

    "So, if you're not a troll, tell me, what secret mechanic am I missing?"

    If you're escaping 1/10 games, your mmr is tanked and you're playing with players of similar mmr - Being Iri doesn't mean you're good.

    You can play chill/casually for most of the month and make it ~3/4 of the way there so long as you're contributing enough to your emblems (you can even dedicate perk slots specifically to healing/gen progression/etc to speed this up), then tryhard for the rest of the month to get to Iri 1 against killers you normally wouldn't even be matched with that allow for way more opportunities to interact with them/the other players.

    Thank you very much for response!

    I am really not that good, obviously, and can't consistenly loop killers to death. Otherwise I would get it long time ago. It's just that majority of teammates have them, but they half of the time play terrible (maybe doing challenges, maybe just don't care).

    I'll take in mind "dumping" tactic, maybe it help on the next "rank 1" run. Also about "quantity over quality", to flood bad matches with number of games: steam shows me I played 65 hours in two weeks. It's WAY too much for me, don't think I can afford at least the same in future, not losing real life 😄

    All and all, it's just... you jumping out of your pants, getting 4 pips of 5, and then: camper-dc-camper-bully-nurse-dc-camper-nurse, and voila, you are at the bottom again. And then people say that survivor is easier role (on Steam notion that survivor is hard is like some sort of an insult)

    Anyway, gg, and thank you again.

  • noed should be basekit for all to remove the 40 meters of space around the exit survivors can be obnoxious in without fear.

  • @EvilSerje said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995152#Comment_2995152

    Thank you very much for response!

    I am really not that good, obviously, and can't consistenly loop killers to death. Otherwise I would get it long time ago. It's just that majority of teammates have them, but they half of the time play terrible (maybe doing challenges, maybe just don't care).

    I'll take in mind "dumping" tactic, maybe it help on the next "rank 1" run. Also about "quantity over quality", to flood bad matches with number of games: steam shows me I played 65 hours in two weeks. It's WAY too much for me, don't think I can afford at least the same in future, not losing real life 😄

    All and all, it's just... you jumping out of your pants, getting 4 pips of 5, and then: camper-dc-camper-bully-nurse-dc-camper-nurse, and voila, you are at the bottom again. And then people say that survivor is easier role (on Steam notion that survivor is hard is like some sort of an insult)

    Anyway, gg, and thank you again.

    (I'm not super good, either, no worries!)

    Remember....you don't really NEED to escape to rank up your emblems early on!

    I only did the grind 1x since the rewards were released and then went back to playing for fun/casually/tome challenges.

    I already have the achievements on both sides/most things unlocked, so it's not really worth the hassle to me.

    But if you're solo...remember...better them than you :P

    Edit to add:

    Between you and me, difficulty and preference are subject to change from person to person - There's no universal answer...It is 100% ok to say survivor is hard or killer is hard or swf is fine or busted or w/e....Anyone that talks down to you as a person or gets offended by your opinion instead of discussing it isn't worth the time!

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994604#Comment_2994604

    can't believe people think you can reasonably cleanse 5 totems per game in solo q lmao

    and that is why you fail, just to quote Yoda.

    Because i currently prestiging my chars i hadn´t before, i run a farm-build on survivor where i get between 28 and 32k base in most matches, and you need to find totems to do that anyway (unless you just rebless everything with a boon), so i do 5 totems almost every game, and i dont even need a perk for that.

  • @Brimp said:

    Well given that wraith is still a b tier killer at minimum with minimal map pressure.... makes sense why they would tunnel.

    Wraith can move pretty fast and no it does not make sense to tunnel and facecamp every match and at that point it just better play some other game. Ofcourse if he enjoys it that is different thing but I don't know who really enjoys tunneling. If the tunneled one is good looper it's just miserable experience all gens getting done. Well with noed it's possible snowball at the end. If survivors save without bt and no ds then tunneling only works.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994604#Comment_2994604

    can't believe people think you can reasonably cleanse 5 totems per game in solo q lmao

    Don't have to cleanse them all, just remember the positions of the ones remaining.

    It's not hard. If you can remember a list of five things you have to get at the grocery store you can remember where the last 3 totems are located when that last gen goes off. Put on your thinking cap.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994671#Comment_2994671

    Wraith can move pretty fast and no it does not make sense to tunnel and facecamp every match and at that point it just better play some other game. Ofcourse if he enjoys it that is different thing but I don't know who really enjoys tunneling. If the tunneled one is good looper it's just miserable experience all gens getting done. Well with noed it's possible snowball at the end. If survivors save without bt and no ds then tunneling only works.

    I mean if he enjoys winning there is no reason to play another game. Also if the wraith tunnels a good looper then there was most likely time to get all 5 totems done. Solo Q issue not noed issue.

  • It also can just be the killer had a few bad matches. I know after a few flashlight fights and endless blindings I pick up my Doc and run Lightborn and NOED.


    Also Wrath is like a greyhound on Blights Stims, more speed is always a good option and we killers don’t get a magical E perk for it.

  • @Laluzi said:

    I am affronted! When I play Wraith, I never use NOED.

    ...I use Devour Hope instead. :P

    There's two and a half reasons you see a lot of NOED on Wraiths. Reason one is that Wraith is a common newbie killer (in both senses of the term) and newer players tend to use NOED due to its effectiveness in lower tiers and out of a lack of good perks unlocked. The other reason and a half is that Wraith is weak and needs more lethality in his kit, and also that NOED works very well with his game flow. Wraith is a bit like Legion; he excels at getting the first hit, but sucks at getting the second. That worked out okay for him before CoH was a thing, but now he can't rely on finding injured survivors to land that first hit on. So, Exposed. And nobody does bones anymore in the boon era, so NOED's a pretty reliable pick.

    Most of Wraiths I go against are wearing high end cosmetics and good at the game so basically they enjoy him more than being new to the game

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2995247#Comment_2995247

    I mean if he enjoys winning there is no reason to play another game. Also if the wraith tunnels a good looper then there was most likely time to get all 5 totems done. Solo Q issue not noed issue.

    I quess I have bad luck but whenever I tunnel someone right at the start I almost always lose. But when not I win most of the time. So tunneling is just miserable experience for me not enjoyable. It's always goes same way all the others rush gens fast and I have to eat ds and bt. With noed I have been able to win some of these matches at the end. Most effective way for me is to tunnel 2 survivors at the same time that wins always if it works out. But like all these tactics makes the game lot more stressful so normally just play and go for chases. Facecamping bubba ofcourse is pretty relaxing.

  • @Vampwire said:

    do bones

    Just bait Dead Hard

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994604#Comment_2994604

    can't believe people think you can reasonably cleanse 5 totems per game in solo q lmao

    You can. I've done it several times. You don't even have to try hard to do it. You'll come across the totems as you move through the map. Having small gameakes it even easier.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994604#Comment_2994604

    can't believe people think you can reasonably cleanse 5 totems per game in solo q lmao

    I run counterforce and always focus on totems first. You have to take control if you want something done in solo q.

  • Well, you are making it to endgame to find out.

  • Don't really see this anymore from my experience? more of an old wraith stereotype

  • I like using devour hope on wraith. When you excell at getting first hit easier than other killers and it's all one shots...

  • I saw a few people make the argument that “there is no prerequisite to it!”… there is. Turning on the generators. Just because it doesn’t have flashy colors and signs pointing to it doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a build up.


    NOED is a last chance killer perk. Now I do believe they should change it so if there is only two or less players left then it can’t activate. But besides that survivors have a perk with the same requirements. Adrenaline. Instantly heals you one whole level.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994604#Comment_2994604

    can't believe people think you can reasonably cleanse 5 totems per game in solo q lmao

    I always bring Detectives Hunch with me for this exact reason, as per gens pop I go round and break all the totems. When last gen goes I do a quick sweep to see if it picks up noed and if so clean it up. I used to main Wraith myself and from time to time I would run NOED but not to the extend OP means.

  • @BadZilla said:

    Every damn goddamn match, it starts peaceful trying to guess which killer is it while I work on my first gen but it's usually super calm I can't hear any terror radius but it's very unlikely to be a Myers or GF then I see that annoying cursed semi invisible tall figure BING BONG at that second all the flashbacks of playing against Wraith players are hitting back..

    You gonna get face camped and hard tunneled... They will hit you on hook for no reason I can't remember the last time I played against a non scummy Wraith they're the sweatiest killers ever they don't give hatch or anything of that sort, they will slug and use every tactic to tunnel and camp you and if you're lucky enough to finish gens it's 100% guaranteed NOED and at this point it's base kit for Wraith...While playing SoloQ it's over no one does totems.

    Wraith is my most hated Killer to go against at this point.

    I think only one person answered this correctly. Wraith is a free killer, and Noed is a free perk. A new player trying the game out will likely use these.

    Not complicated.

  • Wraith is a free M1 Killer and NOED is a strong free perk.


    They use it because it is good, and swings games.

  • They used to be worse, denying BT plays for the most part oOo

  • @tortrader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/327810/whats-up-with-every-wraith-using-noed-its-base-kit-at-this-point-for-wraith-players

    I think only one person answered this correctly. Wraith is a free killer, and Noed is a free perk. A new player trying the game out will likely use these.

    Not complicated.

    I checked many profiles that's not the case because most of them are using high end cosmetics with 1000+ hours of playtime not new players I'm playing at highish mmr

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2994739#Comment_2994739

    This! For the longest time I ran a total totem buster build of Smal Game, Detective Hunch and Counter Force and honestly, if you arent the survivor who runs into the killer by sheer dumb luck right in the beginning, you will cleanse that 5 totems in no time. But I soon noticed that not very many killers are running any hex perks these days. I prevented a handful of NOEDs, but triggered about tripple the amount of Hunted Grounds. And of course, the Mikaelas will get mad of you, if you bless everything. Heck, I havn't even been able to cleanse my 100 hexes for the achievment, yet, so hex perks have really fallen out of favor. So in theory "do bones" might be a counter to NOED, but neither NOED, nor any other hex perks are meta right now and you can more or less just ignore bones unless someone forces you to go hunting. And then its just a minute or so till you find the glowing pile of bones. So sad.

    sadly, Hex perks are "almost" worthless since they get spawned right in the open next to a generator. Absurd.

  • Hit and run killers like wraith get heavily punished by perks like COH.

    I used NOED when starting out but getting better with wraith i dropped it out of my builds and he is super powerful if played properly.

  • newer players don't have the widest range of perks so through experience found that noed gets the kills

1 2 ›