Huge buffs to survivor coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=881&v=8J6Pn6iWX4c

1.Lockers will hide auras (BBQ nerfed hard)
2. BT receives a huge buff, because it will get transformed to "deep wound".
3. Flashlights get an indirect buff, cause of the reslowed pick up animations
4. New graphics make Ninja-Claudette even more hard to see.
5. Survivor get a new perk to directly counter all aura read perks (BBQ nerfed)

And in return the killer side gets another crappy killer with crappy perks.

Comments

  • In b4 ppl who think iron maiden is OP because they are not smart enough to go into a locker when a killer is chasing somebody else to check if the killer has it or try to bodyblock mad grit or multi-person gen instead of doing it the efficient way.

  • So survivor got their way… again.
    BBQ gets indirectly nerfed… again.
    BT will rise back to meta… again.
    Flashlights become more powerful... again.

    And the killer is basically a Christmas gift to all survivor… I can't believe this is a DLC and player actually have to pay for it to play this survivor catering nonsense.
    A slow killer that is build around a "do not tunnel" concept. facepalm

    And now while everyone is talking about the badly balanced Legion, they sneak in several major survivor buffs.

  • "I only use BBQ for the points."

    I will run Distortion every single game I play Survivor. I suggest every other Survivor to do the exact same.

    That perk gives me hope they still care about stealth play in this game.

    I didn't notice any mention of pick-up animations being changed in the notes, but it's quite obvious in the PTB. Is it intended?

  • I would rather nerf the duration of distortion to 4/5/6 seconds and make the possibility to gain more tokens than just 3 on the match.

  • How does Distortion interact with Freddy?

    Is it one token each time he walks into his aura reading range?

  • And don't forget the new matchmaking system that will make it harder to detect SWF so they can get matches easier and screw with killers.
  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    And don't forget the new matchmaking system that will make it harder to detect SWF so they can get matches easier and screw with killers.

    Good point.

  • People hid from BBQ anyway.

    So people started taking Bitter Murmur instead.

    Now if this perk becomes meta and you get 4 in a game - 3 gens will need to pop before you ever get an aura.

    Think about that.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    People hid from BBQ anyway.

    So people started taking Bitter Murmur instead.

    Now if this perk becomes meta and you get 4 in a game - 3 gens will need to pop before you ever get an aura.

    Think about that.

    But why do survivor get soooo many counter to the most used killer perk, but on the other hand killer do not get anything to counter the most used survivor perks?

    doublestandards

  • Here's the real problem...

    *Killer hooks survivor*
    *Looks around with BBQ, sees no auras*

    Killer: "Oh my, no auras. That must mean there's not 1, not 2, but 3 survivors nearby!!! Oh man, I'm gonna have to stay here and catch them!!"

    *Camps survivor out of game*

    *Cue postgame salt*

    Like I get the idea of being able to block auras, but bbq helped the killer find his next target. It gave him a clear direction to encourage getting him away from the hook. Plus the maps are huge and survivors can be hard to find. Aura reading perks were a great way to speed up the game, especially against immersed p3 claudettes.

    We can only hope that Distortion doesn't become meta. I really think it's going to get a lot of use though.

    @Wolf74 I wouldn't be as fussed if they nerfed decisive but after all this time and they still haven't touched it despite everyone knowing its the most broken perk in the game.


    Edit: you know I really think they're going to have to get rid of the 40m range on bbq, otherwise killers might accidentally camp due to assuming survivors were nearby.
  • It’s because the devs like to ######### Killers over when trying to resolve issues like farming instead of punishing the Survivors and making sure that the game is as easy as possible for them. 
  • @Wolf74 said:
    3. Flashlights get an indirect buff, cause of the reslowed pick up animations

    Ehm, no? The Legions pickup animation just looks a bit unfamiliar, maybe because he/she is so small. But the duration is the same as for the other killers.

  • We already got invu frames when unhooked, free exhaustion relieve on hooks and now we get a huge buff to BT.
    So survivor get back up again and again to make bad plays and unsafe unhooks and get away with it.

    Survivor make bad decisions and killer get punished for it.

  • Wolf74 said:

    We already got invu frames when unhooked, free exhaustion relieve on hooks and now we get a huge buff to BT.
    So survivor get back up again and again to make bad plays and unsafe unhooks and get away with it.

    Survivor make bad decisions and killer get punished for it.

    Exactly. Like I said earlier, the devs like to ######### over Killers (especially when it involves a Survivor making a mistake) and make the game as easy as possible for Survivor.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    Here's the real problem...

    Killer hooks survivor
    Looks around with BBQ, sees no auras

    Killer: "Oh my, no auras. That must mean there's not 1, not 2, but 3 survivors nearby!!! Oh man, I'm gonna have to stay here and catch them!!"

    Camps survivor out of game

    Cue postgame salt

    Like I get the idea of being able to block auras, but bbq helped the killer find his next target. It gave him a clear direction to encourage getting him away from the hook. Plus the maps are huge and survivors can be hard to find. Aura reading perks were a great way to speed up the game, especially against immersed p3 claudettes.

    We can only hope that Distortion doesn't become meta. I really think it's going to get a lot of use though.

    @Wolf74 I wouldn't be as fussed if they nerfed decisive but after all this time and they still haven't touched it despite everyone knowing its the most broken perk in the game.

    Edit: you know I really think they're going to have to get rid of the 40m range on bbq, otherwise killers might accidentally camp due to assuming survivors were nearby.

    It's called a risk. You can camp someone to death, but you take the risk of the gens being finished and everyone else leaving.

    From June 14th 2016 to September 14th 2017 we played without BBQ. We didn't need free auras to find people. We still caught people when this game was completely broken for the Survivors, and they borderline couldn't be caught.

    We didn't need a perk to justify leaving the hook, even when it made way more sense to camp people back then.

    I didn't believe the Dev's gave a crap about stealth gameplay with all the free auras they give killers in terms of perks, abilities and add ons. This perk in itself has given me faith again.

    If you play Survivor, run Distortion every single game when 2.4 drops. Trust me.

  • @altruistic you only play survivors? No seriously, all comments you just wrote are so survivor bias that makes me kinda cringe. No offense

    So distribution has 2 perks in one. Dance with me and a buffed sole survivor in one comfortable perk. Which is dumb by itself. I like the unhooks ones where you auto sabot the hooks which is good to push more guarantees

    They didn't changed the pick up animation? Yes they did darling, they rreverted it. Its bad? No, its fine so you have to be more careful picking up surveys for flash saves but deny it its just hilariously wrong

    Now BBQ. Lets count the counters of it since you are either blind or don't know how I works. I'll include even the changes of the next patch that might come live.
    1 hide behind a gen
    2 fake direction
    3 stand still for 4s then walk again
    4 distortion
    5 lockers
    6 stay in 30ish radius from the hook

    So we have roughly 6 counties. 3 which are available now without any perk usage. I mean, I think its an overkill for that perk just because is being used fairly often. Just the fact you can counter it without perks should be enough but someone might not think so. Like the survivors who play only survivors making theaters everywhere to nerf it for example

    You say they don't give a damn about stealth plays. Too bad that an excuse you are using. Many people, even with all these "aura reading" (nurse calling just don't heal in front of the killer) play stealthy successfully, its my main playstyle as survivor being used to the MGS saga.

    I always love to see more stealth things but this is the wrong way since every aurora reading perk has its counter and now they added even more to help bad survivors that would hit rank 1 even easier and ruin other people games because they don't belong there

    Like this BT change wasn't necessary at all, was just fine the way it was but now, if you are in chase you won't fall. Last survivor patrol when gates are open? Gone, BT and bye. Dumb people doing risky and dumb saves are even more endorsed to farm team mates.

    I really like some changes, but others are really really dumb. If already I was playing almost survivors only to have more relaxed games now I even have less interest than before to play killer, and I love my spirit and my hair but I'd rather bully the killer than being bullied as one of them tbh
  • I'll just wait and see how it'll be live.

  • @Malakir said:
    @altruistic you only play survivors? No seriously, all comments you just wrote are so survivor bias that makes me kinda cringe. No offense

    So distribution has 2 perks in one. Dance with me and a buffed sole survivor in one comfortable perk. Which is dumb by itself. I like the unhooks ones where you auto sabot the hooks which is good to push more guarantees

    They didn't changed the pick up animation? Yes they did darling, they rreverted it. Its bad? No, its fine so you have to be more careful picking up surveys for flash saves but deny it its just hilariously wrong

    Now BBQ. Lets count the counters of it since you are either blind or don't know how I works. I'll include even the changes of the next patch that might come live.
    1 hide behind a gen
    2 fake direction
    3 stand still for 4s then walk again
    4 distortion
    5 lockers
    6 stay in 30ish radius from the hook

    So we have roughly 6 counties. 3 which are available now without any perk usage. I mean, I think its an overkill for that perk just because is being used fairly often. Just the fact you can counter it without perks should be enough but someone might not think so. Like the survivors who play only survivors making theaters everywhere to nerf it for example

    You say they don't give a damn about stealth plays. Too bad that an excuse you are using. Many people, even with all these "aura reading" (nurse calling just don't heal in front of the killer) play stealthy successfully, its my main playstyle as survivor being used to the MGS saga.

    I always love to see more stealth things but this is the wrong way since every aurora reading perk has its counter and now they added even more to help bad survivors that would hit rank 1 even easier and ruin other people games because they don't belong there

    Like this BT change wasn't necessary at all, was just fine the way it was but now, if you are in chase you won't fall. Last survivor patrol when gates are open? Gone, BT and bye. Dumb people doing risky and dumb saves are even more endorsed to farm team mates.

    I really like some changes, but others are really really dumb. If already I was playing almost survivors only to have more relaxed games now I even have less interest than before to play killer, and I love my spirit and my hair but I'd rather bully the killer than being bullied as one of them tbh

    Since December 2017 I've played way more Killer than Survivor. Most of my playtime is in Survivor though, but Killer in 2018 is 1000%'s more fun than it used to be. I consistently get (and play) R1 Killer every month since December 2017 with a couple off months. The last two months I've played Survivor more, since the event made queue times even worse for Killers. I don't like sitting in lobbies, I prefer getting into games as quickly as possible.

    Let me know how faking your direction works against Omega Blink Nurse or Hillbilly with Carb and Doom Engravings.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    Here's the real problem...

    Killer hooks survivor
    Looks around with BBQ, sees no auras

    Killer: "Oh my, no auras. That must mean there's not 1, not 2, but 3 survivors nearby!!! Oh man, I'm gonna have to stay here and catch them!!"

    Camps survivor out of game

    Cue postgame salt

    Like I get the idea of being able to block auras, but bbq helped the killer find his next target. It gave him a clear direction to encourage getting him away from the hook. Plus the maps are huge and survivors can be hard to find. Aura reading perks were a great way to speed up the game, especially against immersed p3 claudettes.

    We can only hope that Distortion doesn't become meta. I really think it's going to get a lot of use though.

    @Wolf74 I wouldn't be as fussed if they nerfed decisive but after all this time and they still haven't touched it despite everyone knowing its the most broken perk in the game.

    Edit: you know I really think they're going to have to get rid of the 40m range on bbq, otherwise killers might accidentally camp due to assuming survivors were nearby.

    It's called a risk. You can camp someone to death, but you take the risk of the gens being finished and everyone else leaving.

    From June 14th 2016 to September 14th 2017 we played without BBQ. We didn't need free auras to find people. We still caught people when this game was completely broken for the Survivors, and they borderline couldn't be caught.

    We didn't need a perk to justify leaving the hook, even when it made way more sense to camp people back then.

    I didn't believe the Dev's gave a crap about stealth gameplay with all the free auras they give killers in terms of perks, abilities and add ons. This perk in itself has given me faith again.

    If you play Survivor, run Distortion every single game when 2.4 drops. Trust me.

    It's nice to have though. As I said it speeds up the game, especially against immersed P3 claudettes with urban evasion.

    It bugs me that they'll counter something good killers have but there's STILL nothing for DS, and no enduring isn't on tbe same level. Even NOED isn't worth taking anymore as you dont know whether you're gonna be in a swf game or not, therefore might as well play it safe and not bother because if one dies he'll tell the rest. Not that it would be hard to hide perks.

    So yeah....counter killer meta perks but leave the survivor meta perks untouched.

    Actually no i shouldnt say "untouched" because they actually did touch one of them - borrowed time and gave it a huge buff.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    altruistic said:

    @The_Crusader said:

    Here's the real problem...

    Killer hooks survivor
    

    Looks around with BBQ, sees no auras

    Killer: "Oh my, no auras. That must mean there's not 1, not 2, but 3 survivors nearby!!! Oh man, I'm gonna have to stay here and catch them!!"
    
    Camps survivor out of game
    
    Cue postgame salt
    
    Like I get the idea of being able to block auras, but bbq helped the killer find his next target. It gave him a clear direction to encourage getting him away from the hook. Plus the maps are huge and survivors can be hard to find. Aura reading perks were a great way to speed up the game, especially against immersed p3 claudettes.
    
    We can only hope that Distortion doesn't become meta. I really think it's going to get a lot of use though.
    
    @Wolf74 I wouldn't be as fussed if they nerfed decisive but after all this time and they still haven't touched it despite everyone knowing its the most broken perk in the game.
    

    Edit: you know I really think they're going to have to get rid of the 40m range on bbq, otherwise killers might accidentally camp due to assuming survivors were nearby.

    It's called a risk. You can camp someone to death, but you take the risk of the gens being finished and everyone else leaving.

    From June 14th 2016 to September 14th 2017 we played without BBQ. We didn't need free auras to find people. We still caught people when this game was completely broken for the Survivors, and they borderline couldn't be caught.

    We didn't need a perk to justify leaving the hook, even when it made way more sense to camp people back then.

    I didn't believe the Dev's gave a crap about stealth gameplay with all the free auras they give killers in terms of perks, abilities and add ons. This perk in itself has given me faith again.

    If you play Survivor, run Distortion every single game when 2.4 drops. Trust me.

    It's nice to have though. As I said it speeds up the game, especially against immersed P3 claudettes with urban evasion.

    It bugs me that they'll counter something good killers have but there's STILL nothing for DS, and no enduring isn't on tbe same level. Even NOED isn't worth taking anymore as you dont know whether you're gonna be in a swf game or not, therefore might as well play it safe and not bother because if one dies he'll tell the rest. Not that it would be hard to hide perks.

    So yeah....counter killer meta perks but leave the survivor meta perks untouched.

    Actually no i shouldnt say "untouched" because they actually did touch one of them - borrowed time and gave it a huge buff.

    DS will be reworked, soon.. Hopefully they don't answer the counter with a perk, just change it entirely. Then we won't have to hear this complaint anymore. I personally don't even care about instant DS. The 35% is the one that sucks and actually annoys me.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    altruistic said:

    @The_Crusader said:

    Here's the real problem...

    Killer hooks survivor
    

    Looks around with BBQ, sees no auras

    Killer: "Oh my, no auras. That must mean there's not 1, not 2, but 3 survivors nearby!!! Oh man, I'm gonna have to stay here and catch them!!"
    
    Camps survivor out of game
    
    Cue postgame salt
    
    Like I get the idea of being able to block auras, but bbq helped the killer find his next target. It gave him a clear direction to encourage getting him away from the hook. Plus the maps are huge and survivors can be hard to find. Aura reading perks were a great way to speed up the game, especially against immersed p3 claudettes.
    
    We can only hope that Distortion doesn't become meta. I really think it's going to get a lot of use though.
    
    @Wolf74 I wouldn't be as fussed if they nerfed decisive but after all this time and they still haven't touched it despite everyone knowing its the most broken perk in the game.
    

    Edit: you know I really think they're going to have to get rid of the 40m range on bbq, otherwise killers might accidentally camp due to assuming survivors were nearby.

    It's called a risk. You can camp someone to death, but you take the risk of the gens being finished and everyone else leaving.

    From June 14th 2016 to September 14th 2017 we played without BBQ. We didn't need free auras to find people. We still caught people when this game was completely broken for the Survivors, and they borderline couldn't be caught.

    We didn't need a perk to justify leaving the hook, even when it made way more sense to camp people back then.

    I didn't believe the Dev's gave a crap about stealth gameplay with all the free auras they give killers in terms of perks, abilities and add ons. This perk in itself has given me faith again.

    If you play Survivor, run Distortion every single game when 2.4 drops. Trust me.

    It's nice to have though. As I said it speeds up the game, especially against immersed P3 claudettes with urban evasion.

    It bugs me that they'll counter something good killers have but there's STILL nothing for DS, and no enduring isn't on tbe same level. Even NOED isn't worth taking anymore as you dont know whether you're gonna be in a swf game or not, therefore might as well play it safe and not bother because if one dies he'll tell the rest. Not that it would be hard to hide perks.

    So yeah....counter killer meta perks but leave the survivor meta perks untouched.

    Actually no i shouldnt say "untouched" because they actually did touch one of them - borrowed time and gave it a huge buff.

    DS will be reworked, soon.. Hopefully they don't answer the counter with a perk, just change it entirely. Then we won't have to hear this complaint anymore. I personally don't even care about instant DS. The 35% is the one that sucks and actually annoys me.

    Yes, that one is the worst. You get completely robbed of momentum, you get robbed of basement hooks. At least with instant you can ignore it...but then a lot of times they manage to live because of it.

    I honestly think removing that perk alone would do a lot to balance the game.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    Here's the real problem...

    Killer hooks survivor
    Looks around with BBQ, sees no auras

    Killer: "Oh my, no auras. That must mean there's not 1, not 2, but 3 survivors nearby!!! Oh man, I'm gonna have to stay here and catch them!!"

    Camps survivor out of game

    Cue postgame salt

    Like I get the idea of being able to block auras, but bbq helped the killer find his next target. It gave him a clear direction to encourage getting him away from the hook. Plus the maps are huge and survivors can be hard to find. Aura reading perks were a great way to speed up the game, especially against immersed p3 claudettes.

    We can only hope that Distortion doesn't become meta. I really think it's going to get a lot of use though.

    @Wolf74 I wouldn't be as fussed if they nerfed decisive but after all this time and they still haven't touched it despite everyone knowing its the most broken perk in the game.

    Edit: you know I really think they're going to have to get rid of the 40m range on bbq, otherwise killers might accidentally camp due to assuming survivors were nearby.

    ^^^This.

    This perk is literally just going to make more killers camp when BBQ shows nothing. It encouraged much healthier and enjoyable game play for all and now that's gonna be gone.

  • @Blueberry said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    Here's the real problem...

    Killer hooks survivor
    Looks around with BBQ, sees no auras

    Killer: "Oh my, no auras. That must mean there's not 1, not 2, but 3 survivors nearby!!! Oh man, I'm gonna have to stay here and catch them!!"

    Camps survivor out of game

    Cue postgame salt

    Like I get the idea of being able to block auras, but bbq helped the killer find his next target. It gave him a clear direction to encourage getting him away from the hook. Plus the maps are huge and survivors can be hard to find. Aura reading perks were a great way to speed up the game, especially against immersed p3 claudettes.

    We can only hope that Distortion doesn't become meta. I really think it's going to get a lot of use though.

    @Wolf74 I wouldn't be as fussed if they nerfed decisive but after all this time and they still haven't touched it despite everyone knowing its the most broken perk in the game.

    Edit: you know I really think they're going to have to get rid of the 40m range on bbq, otherwise killers might accidentally camp due to assuming survivors were nearby.

    ^^^This.

    This perk is literally just going to make more killers camp when BBQ shows nothing. It encouraged much healthier and enjoyable game play for all and now that's gonna be gone.

    You mean because of this change killers that hard camped, soft camped or patrol camped because BBQ didn't show them anyone are suddenly going to play the same way because of the change?

  • @powerbats said:

    @Blueberry said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    Here's the real problem...

    Killer hooks survivor
    Looks around with BBQ, sees no auras

    Killer: "Oh my, no auras. That must mean there's not 1, not 2, but 3 survivors nearby!!! Oh man, I'm gonna have to stay here and catch them!!"

    Camps survivor out of game

    Cue postgame salt

    Like I get the idea of being able to block auras, but bbq helped the killer find his next target. It gave him a clear direction to encourage getting him away from the hook. Plus the maps are huge and survivors can be hard to find. Aura reading perks were a great way to speed up the game, especially against immersed p3 claudettes.

    We can only hope that Distortion doesn't become meta. I really think it's going to get a lot of use though.

    @Wolf74 I wouldn't be as fussed if they nerfed decisive but after all this time and they still haven't touched it despite everyone knowing its the most broken perk in the game.

    Edit: you know I really think they're going to have to get rid of the 40m range on bbq, otherwise killers might accidentally camp due to assuming survivors were nearby.

    ^^^This.

    This perk is literally just going to make more killers camp when BBQ shows nothing. It encouraged much healthier and enjoyable game play for all and now that's gonna be gone.

    You mean because of this change killers that hard camped, soft camped or patrol camped because BBQ didn't show them anyone are suddenly going to play the same way because of the change?

    Those aren't the people we're talking about. We're talking about the ones that would have actually left if they saw someone.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Those aren't the people we're talking about. We're talking about the ones that would have actually left if they saw someone.

    But how many wouldn't leave though if the survivor saw one of the following killers especially if the killer was say Blily, Nurse, Spirit and the map was small. They were close enough to just run in below the BBQ aura.

    You're told just move around for 4 seconds or change direction, 2 seconds have elapsed and the Billy/Nurse is already on your rear end chasing you.

    Also if you saw someone in the distance and 1 person was the one you just hooked you're not leaving the hook. You'll continue to do what you've been doing which is patrol around there since you know someones close,.

    If several gens are done well that's less gens to hide behind meaning there's people close so of course you'll patrol around the hooked person. The only way you'd go charging off in the distance for someone is if there were multiple people on the hook and or everyone was in the distance.

    The only other reason you'd go charging off instead of checking in case you didn't see anyone was because of you were running either MYC and or DH.

  • @powerbats said:

    @Blueberry said:

    Those aren't the people we're talking about. We're talking about the ones that would have actually left if they saw someone.

    But how many wouldn't leave though if the survivor saw one of the following killers especially if the killer was say Blily, Nurse, Spirit and the map was small. They were close enough to just run in below the BBQ aura.

    You're told just move around for 4 seconds or change direction, 2 seconds have elapsed and the Billy/Nurse is already on your rear end chasing you.

    Also if you saw someone in the distance and 1 person was the one you just hooked you're not leaving the hook. You'll continue to do what you've been doing which is patrol around there since you know someones close,.

    If several gens are done well that's less gens to hide behind meaning there's people close so of course you'll patrol around the hooked person. The only way you'd go charging off in the distance for someone is if there were multiple people on the hook and or everyone was in the distance.

    The only other reason you'd go charging off instead of checking in case you didn't see anyone was because of you were running either MYC and or DH.

    I don't think the counters for BBQ not being good enough is even a debatable topic. They are quite reasonable, even against the high mobility killers.

    I always leave the hook and go for the BBQ target if it shows, almost always. Only reason I wouldn't is if it didn't show a single person or I literally saw a survivor or scratch marks by the hooked person.

    I'm not sure what you're trying to debate here.

  • Wolf74 said:

    4. New graphics make Ninja-Claudette even more hard to see.

    Ok. 



    * hides in my natural habitat *
  • I know a lot of survivors are happy with the changes, but I find them disheartening. So many safety nets just in the mechanic changes. The Dev's don't even believe we can escape chase without pausing status effects. Low ranks might need this, it might help with scummy playstyle killers, but it comes across as if they have no faith in our abilities to git gud. For a game where "teamwork" is your strength, why is solo play so meta?
  • @altruistic said:
    "I only use BBQ for the points."

    I will run Distortion every single game I play Survivor. I suggest every other Survivor to do the exact same.

    That perk gives me hope they still care about stealth play in this game.

    I didn't notice any mention of pick-up animations being changed in the notes, but it's quite obvious in the PTB. Is it intended?

    I've seen many streamers use Distortion.
    What does it do?

  • I didn't even realize that they slowed the pickup. That's annoying af.

  • Iron Grasp should increase your pick up speed.

  • Survivors: devs, do something about camping!!11!
    Also survivors: yes, we need a aura reading blocking perk, so the killer won't leave the hook!

    *facepalm*
    Survivors that use the new perk, shouldn't complain about getting camped.
  • @Malakir said:
    @altruistic you only play survivors? No seriously, all comments you just wrote are so survivor bias that makes me kinda cringe. No offense

    So distribution has 2 perks in one. Dance with me and a buffed sole survivor in one comfortable perk. Which is dumb by itself. I like the unhooks ones where you auto sabot the hooks which is good to push more guarantees

    They didn't changed the pick up animation? Yes they did darling, they rreverted it. Its bad? No, its fine so you have to be more careful picking up surveys for flash saves but deny it its just hilariously wrong

    Now BBQ. Lets count the counters of it since you are either blind or don't know how I works. I'll include even the changes of the next patch that might come live.
    1 hide behind a gen
    2 fake direction
    3 stand still for 4s then walk again
    4 distortion
    5 lockers
    6 stay in 30ish radius from the hook

    So we have roughly 6 counties. 3 which are available now without any perk usage. I mean, I think its an overkill for that perk just because is being used fairly often. Just the fact you can counter it without perks should be enough but someone might not think so. Like the survivors who play only survivors making theaters everywhere to nerf it for example

    You say they don't give a damn about stealth plays. Too bad that an excuse you are using. Many people, even with all these "aura reading" (nurse calling just don't heal in front of the killer) play stealthy successfully, its my main playstyle as survivor being used to the MGS saga.

    I always love to see more stealth things but this is the wrong way since every aurora reading perk has its counter and now they added even more to help bad survivors that would hit rank 1 even easier and ruin other people games because they don't belong there

    Like this BT change wasn't necessary at all, was just fine the way it was but now, if you are in chase you won't fall. Last survivor patrol when gates are open? Gone, BT and bye. Dumb people doing risky and dumb saves are even more endorsed to farm team mates.

    I really like some changes, but others are really really dumb. If already I was playing almost survivors only to have more relaxed games now I even have less interest than before to play killer, and I love my spirit and my hair but I'd rather bully the killer than being bullied as one of them tbh

    Since December 2017 I've played way more Killer than Survivor. Most of my playtime is in Survivor though, but Killer in 2018 is 1000%'s more fun than it used to be. I consistently get (and play) R1 Killer every month since December 2017 with a couple off months. The last two months I've played Survivor more, since the event made queue times even worse for Killers. I don't like sitting in lobbies, I prefer getting into games as quickly as possible.

    Let me know how faking your direction works against Omega Blink Nurse or Hillbilly with Carb and Doom Engravings.

    Wait. I gave you an counter argument and you as an answer just say obvious things like "killed is better now" no ######### sherlock, isn't the point I'm making an "I have played a lot so I'm right" OK..

    Yes it works faking direction even with those killers since nurse is weak against stealth, billy if takes the wrong direction would take a while to find a survivor again

    if you are gonna dismiss my entire argument by saying obvious things like killer is more enjoyable now, then ok you do you but just means you didn't read the whole thing or you just wanna be right period

    Plus a screen? Why? To prove you rabked up in a broken rank system? Grats, so what's the point?

    I explained 6 ways to counter a single perk thats been fairly used half of them counter able perkless. as far as I can see you're one of those that think BBQ is op, if not what's your point? Seriously I can't get it
  • @Tsulan said:
    Survivors: devs, do something about camping!!11!
    Also survivors: yes, we need a aura reading blocking perk, so the killer won't leave the hook!

    facepalm
    Survivors that use the new perk, shouldn't complain about getting camped.

    Well dude, a camper will camp. Regardless of BBQ.
    Camping should be dealt with, but BBQ is easily countered.
    Who's complaining about BBQ?

  • @Tsulan said:
    Survivors: devs, do something about camping!!11!
    Also survivors: yes, we need a aura reading blocking perk, so the killer won't leave the hook!

    facepalm
    Survivors that use the new perk, shouldn't complain about getting camped.

    Well dude, a camper will camp. Regardless of BBQ.
    Camping should be dealt with, but BBQ is easily countered.
    Who's complaining about BBQ?

    A lot of people. Just search for BBQ and you'll finna a lot of theaters because its unfair in a way or another.. There are pretty hilarious points some people make with their mental gymnastic
  • @Blueberry said:

    I don't think the counters for BBQ not being good enough is even a debatable topic. They are quite reasonable, even against the high mobility killers.

    I always leave the hook and go for the BBQ target if it shows, almost always. Only reason I wouldn't is if it didn't show a single person or I literally saw a survivor or scratch marks by the hooked person.

    I'm not sure what you're trying to debate here.

    You always leave the hook unless those are things that happen but most killers especially at red ranks always patrol close to the hook. Since if BBQ doesn't show anyone or only one and you have 2 people unaccounted for chances are they're close.

    If anything BBQ should change to be reverse of what it is now get rid of the outside distance and turn it inwards.

    For instance at all 3 ranks the it shows you all survivors inside say 16 meters from the hook which is the minimum distance between hooks. So anything under 16 meters away to the hook their aura is shown to you for 3 seconds.

    Anything beyond that no auras are shown so you know for a fact that no one is close and you have no need to patrol. If anyone gets inside that 16 meter range before the timer is up they get tagged for x seconds by the aura reading. Where x seconds is the amount of the 4 seconds remaining from time of the hook.

    The only thing that would separate the 3 ranks is the bonus BP % you get for each 1st hook so instead of it being a stackable 15,20,25% at the 3 ranks.

    Rank I currently gives you 15,30,45,60 %
    Rank II currently gives you 20,40,60,80%
    Rank III currently gives you 25,50,75,100%

    In addition to the inward aura reading being 16 meters at all ranks the bonus BP % would be as follows at all 3 ranks.

    New Bonus %

    Rank I 20, 40, 60, 80 % Bonus BP
    Rank II 25, 50, 75, 100% Bonus BP
    Rank III 50, 100, 150, 200% Bonus BP

    This has the added bonus of giving killers the bonus bp for facing sWF and solo's at the same time but also encourages you to leave the hook. Since you'll be able to see anyone within 1 hooks distance of you once you hook you'll be certain if someones near or not.

    This will also prevent survivors scrambling to get under the BBQ range and thus crowding the hook area and making the killer soft camp when that's not their intention. Now to counter the issue with removing the distant aura reading issue you could do the following.

    You could change it to keep the distant aura reading but lower the max range and lower the duration of the aura being shown to 2 seconds. So you hook and it takes you 1 seconds or so to turn around so you get 1 second may'be the full 2 or so to see in the distance.

    The survivors then have time to move around/decoy without worrying about a high mobility killer appearing in their lap 2 seconds after a hook.

    @MandyTalk @Peanits thoughts on my BBQ change?

  • @Tsulan said:
    Survivors: devs, do something about camping!!11!
    Also survivors: yes, we need a aura reading blocking perk, so the killer won't leave the hook!

    facepalm
    Survivors that use the new perk, shouldn't complain about getting camped.

    Well dude, a camper will camp. Regardless of BBQ.
    Camping should be dealt with, but BBQ is easily countered.
    Who's complaining about BBQ?

    BBQ heavily reduced camping.
    Now they nerfed it, because people still complain about camping. 

    Don't worry, you'll soon see more threads about camping killers and that the devs should do something about it. 
  • And don't forget the new matchmaking system that will make it harder to detect SWF so they can get matches easier and screw with killers.
    This was the first thing I thought of when I read the changes to grouping. I am surprised we haven't seen more threads on it.
  • @Attackfrog said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

    And don't forget the new matchmaking system that will make it harder to detect SWF so they can get matches easier and screw with killers.

    This was the first thing I thought of when I read the changes to grouping. I am surprised we haven't seen more threads on it.

    Because everybody is busy talking about the crappy designed killer.
    So most of the other changes get past unnoticed.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Attackfrog said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

    And don't forget the new matchmaking system that will make it harder to detect SWF so they can get matches easier and screw with killers.

    This was the first thing I thought of when I read the changes to grouping. I am surprised we haven't seen more threads on it.

    Because everybody is busy talking about the crappy designed killer.
    So most of the other changes get past unnoticed.

    Oof.

  • It aint live yet we wont know exactly.what will happen.
  • @Wolf74 said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    People hid from BBQ anyway.

    So people started taking Bitter Murmur instead.

    Now if this perk becomes meta and you get 4 in a game - 3 gens will need to pop before you ever get an aura.

    Think about that.

    But why do survivor get soooo many counter to the most used killer perk, but on the other hand killer do not get anything to counter the most used survivor perks?

    doublestandards

    true. when the survivors get buffs then you need to adapt, git gud blah, blah but when the killers get the same ooh it's a crutch perk, this or that too op blah, blah. i play both sides and i don't feel these new nerfs as a survivor.

  • it's funny what counts as a crutchperk btw.

    Imo bamboozle is straight up one of the biggest crutchperks in this game, you can build a bruteforce killer with bamboozle, enduring and spirit fury and just run down a survivor with this setup with minimum mindgame required but ooooh if you run NOED with remember me, man then you're in for a treat postgame.

  • Distortion is really meh vs a killer with bbq for high end gameplay. If you're slamming gens after 3 hooks your 3 tokens are gone and you're a 3 perk survivor.

    Good for immersed survivors who can't get to a locker or close to hook in time but they don't really impact the game much anyways.

  • Strange thing is that survivor call killer aura reads "toxic" and "unfair", but the new killer has a tracking ability build in to encourage him to switch targets.

  • Has anyone tried out the new locker mechanic?
    Is it really hiding the aura?
    Did someone test it with BBQ or Wraith All Seeing?