This right here is exactly why I left DBD…
People will find ANYTHING to complain about on the survivor’s side. The killers cried until COH became useless despite the perk going threw a few changes already, DS got a hard nerf thanks to killer main complaints, and now Dead Hard is probably next on the chopping block. But wait… How can the same people complaining about all of these Single perks fail to realize the killer side has things that are probably far worse that haven’t been fixed even though they’ve been BIG issues?
HUG TECH
SLUGGING UNTIL BLEED OUT
ALCHEMIST RING
BUBBA FACECAMPING
NOED
TUNNELING
These are just a few I named that have been a big issue and it feels like the devs haven’t even put in an effort to address these problems.

Comments
See you tomorrow
Not a chance, haven’t touched it in a month and don’t see a reason to get back on so far.
#DeleteDeadHard
But...every single one of those gets a ton of forum time too...
I suppose right this millisecond you can get a screenshot of people flooding the first page with DH anger but you're lying or this is the first time you've been on here ever if you can say with a straight face that all those things are not also constantly complained about.
To an extent, yeah. COH didn’t need to go through this many changes, it went through 3 if you include the PTB change, and DS is still viable but the nerf it got was pretty hard core in my opinion.
Exactly, DBD players are very talented in the art of complaining, people will cry over anything and everything, no one side is more responsible for it than the other.
Both sides complain, and yes, Killers usually complain more because there's generally more unbalanced stuff on the Survivor side.
EDIT: 2/5 complaints aren't even about something being overpowered, just annoying, 1 is truly something overpowered, that being Alchemist Ring and the last 2 are about tunneling, an efficient and counterable tactic, and NOED, a mediocre and inconsistent Perk, which sounds to me like a sore loser
You really expect the same group that gave us COH to understand game balance enough to fix those mentioned issues in a healthy way?
Its already been stated that Hug Tech is a bug and its getting removed
Bubba facecamping is a side effect of his power
Alchemist Ring is really strong but I think its gonna get reworked eventually
Have you tried the abundance of totem perks that help you find and cleanse totems?
Slugging until bleed out is not common, and its also something you can't fix without having a surrender option
Yup, that's the forums for you.
It's not DbD's fault that the community is horrible.
All you needed to do was leave the forums and any other media.
The game is amazing once you leave the negative people behind
Hug tech has been announced a bug and will be fixed, slugging until bleeding out just to bm is a reportable offense, they already worked on Bubba's facecamping abilities so I'd argue it's safe to say that they acknowledged this problem, CoH is still very much alive and the DS literally granted survivors invulnerability for a whole minute. I'd argue that's a fair nerf.
For someone complaining about people whining about non-issues, you certainly seem to part of the issue you're describing.
Coh is still the best healing perk and that's just from a solo perspective.
so are you saying that people wanting a better balance for the game is bad...alright buddy , bye.
I dislike the DBD community for a multitude of reasons but having an opinion I don't share is not one of them, because if it was, there would be no community I could associate with.
Try out hollow knight.
Sigh.
Hi here again, Mileena.
Let's take a look.
Both sides complain about everything.
Bye surv
I just main killer now. It’s easy mode. Can’t beat them? join them. They know what they’re doing and it’s working.
If fighting games didn't standardize bugs and techs they wouldn't have combos. A main feature of fighting games. Shut the front door. Cry more in your swf while you can still abuse coh and dh
I truly believe the forums are a bad place for survivor mains. It’s killer dominated and a lot them have serious issues having “normal” discussions about anything related to the survivor experience. There are a few decent people here up for a rational discussion but you’re better going elsewhere to be honest.
Check twitch, YouTube or Reddit, everyone laughs at how bad these forums are
That’s probably a good thing it sounds like you were taking it all too seriously anyway.
I'm gonna laugh if they actually make noed stronger somehow
it feels like they picked the most commonly typed perks because some of them sound outdated. in my opinion self care is not meta anymore. camaraderie coh or even a medkit are much better than self care. iron will was meta mainly against spirit. decisive strike is a meta perk only because tunneling is meta, just like corrupt intervention is meta because early game is extremely bad for killer. and barbecue & chili is not even a good perk, it's only meta against the terrible grind xD i guess they're nerfing it along with the grind to balance.
That's what happened when they changed Ruin ages ago, so who knows.
As someone who started learning survivor two months ago, as a longtime exclusive killer player - killer is definitely the more demanding role.
Survivor can be annoying too - especially against campers and hard sluggers with Knockout (Wraiths...it's always a Wraith for some reason), but a lot of survivor gameplay is either holding one button or holding another button, interspersed with occasional moments of terror.
There's going to be at least one perk on each end that winds up at Boil Over levels of broken.
Frankly though, the meta needs a good rattle. Just hope that they don't get rid of the BBQ BP bonus - that may actually cause me to call it a day.
COH never became useless it is still a faster self heal than self care and dead hard is blatantly overpowered for a perk that can be brought on each survivor.
LMAO yeah, DS was nerfed SO HARD that still remains the most used perk, picked by literally every survivor. No skill perk that keeps winning a lot of time for survs, no matter how bad they are.
The same situation with COH. Will you explain to me why I still see it in every game if it's so useless? Keep crying, if u want, but maybe you'll face the truth after all?
Don't linger on your way out.
No, seriously. Don't.
Edit: Sidenote, you finally getting some upvotes.
I really just can't think of how you can nerf DH anymore. It works as it should and sometimes it really doesn't. It all comes down to timing with DH.
What I hate about this game is that you get enough Killers to complain about something and it's nerfed within the next patch. If survivors complain about something being overpowered then it's completely overlooked. That's why we have to faith in BHVR to commit to their word about making this game more fun and enjoyable because they only cater to Killers
What the hell are you on about? Dead hard has been complained about for chapters and chapters and chapters.
WHAT?
Are you high? And where can I buy some of what you're having?
More serious answer.. survivor mains always complain about killer stuff being buffed, or their own stuff nerfed.. and the other way around, too.
Lots of undeserved killer nerfs in every patch, but also lots of undeserved survivor nerfs
And lots of deserved ones on both sides, to be honest. Some ######### was busted.
3... add an evade action to the basekit.. so... make dead hard basekit? ######### no?
Not really dismissing that killer perks get nerfed also I just haven't seen it. Yes I do see survivors complaining about killer being buffed while survivor perks are getting nerfed.....I do it too. But I do see more survivor perks get nerfed than I do killer perks getting buffed. It happens everytime a new perk gets released and it gets used a lot.
I agree and understand with most of what you are saying but to think the developers quickly hop onto the system to nerf a killer perk just as fast if not faster than a survivor perk means you play a different game or read different patch notes than I do. For example, how long did it take for them to realize that COH was OP and they nerf the fuxk out if to make it almost useless when healing yourself. Also, what was the last killer perk to get a nerf or that much of a nerf?
Ok so what else can you do with it?
so as for your other points.. that I have something to say about anyway..
To be fair, I feel like Dead Hard is fine the way it is now. At least, that's my opinion. (and I don't even use the perk when I play survivor, I don't like it, but I don't mind it as killer either)
Well if you read and comprehended my reply then you would see what "I was on about". Killers cry about every game assisting perk that helps the survivor get a slight advantage then it's quickly nerfed within weeks of release. Again, what can you do more to nerf DH? DH works as it was designed to do no matter how much complaining you do
Yeah I think it is fine also. As I mentioned before I don't know what else you can do to nerf it before it completely becomes useless or removed from the game. It works as it should. I think Killer mains would be satisfied with being able to still hit the survivor mid dead hard or have it removed...but then again I'm not sure what will satisfy killer mains anymore
True, and when I play killer, it's easy to just wait a second or two longer before going for a hit.. Or remembering who used Dead Hard against you in a previous chase and waiting for them to use it again before swinging at them.
Yes that's the smart way of doing it. Baiting the perk.
I mean I still get annoyed when I think they don't have it, I swing, and they dodge the hit with Dead Hard.. But it doesn't matter enough to me to call for the perk to be nerfed to the ground. It works as intended.
Ok but you're actually right about all the complaining that goes around, especially about stuff survivors have.
These forums ARE killer dominated, for better or for worse.
@Marcavecunc
Thank you very much for the discussion. Usually when I find someone who disagrees they go all whiny and get insulting like I don't know what I'm talking about or how to play the game
Right just like with anything like Smash Hit or using a flashlight for a save.
Yeah, the internet sucks at times when it comes to open-mindedness (in every sense)
When I play killer, any survivor playing vs me will have an easy time doing those pallet stuns or blind challenges, because I don't respect pallets and usually don't give a ######### about flashlights. But I hate going for stuns or blinds when I play survivor, cause my first instinct is to not get caught.. and I'm bad at chases.. But lately I had way too many stun/blind challenges left to do from previous rifts (as in, I did every other challenge and didn't care to do those) and I actually had a good time doing them. It was way less painful to do than I expected, and it sorta gets me looking for the next stun/blind challenge, for a change of pace in the way I play survivor.
My response made it clear, dude, I was responding to:
What I hate about this game is that you get enough Killers to complain about something and it's nerfed within the next patch. If survivors complain about something being overpowered then it's completely overlooked.
--------------------
Follow the logic trail buddy. I don't care about Dead hard, but this isn't some new gripe for the community. You just wrote some of the silliest sentences back to back with a straight face. Big yikes.