Deathslinger should be the first gay killer

I think he's slinging more than death y'know.

Comments

  • Really? More so than Trickster?

  • This Chatterer disrespect is crazy

  • @Pulsar said:

    This Chatterer disrespect is crazy

    I mean, I don't think a child prostitute is great representation

    But at least his sexuality isn't a label slapped on like David

  • Trickster or one of the Legions could be a better fit. Heck, I see any of them being bisexual.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944650#Comment_2944650

    I mean, I don't think a child prostitute is great representation

    But at least his sexuality isn't a label slapped on like David

    Still exists tho

  • I agree, Its something.

    And i guess "Not great representation" might of been to far, he did it to survive

  • @Basement_Bubba420 said:

    I think he's slinging more than death y'know.

    Not trickster?

  • Let it just be spirit and please the crowd.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Really? More so than Trickster?

    Trickster is bi in my head canon.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Really? More so than Trickster?

    I dont think so. Flamboyant villains have had a history in fiction and it brings a wrong idea of queer people. Caleb wouldn't be a bad fit. His presentation would go against the stereotypes.

  • neat idea but i dont vibe with it 👍️

  • And yet nobody cares

    Stop forcing representation of freaking monsters

    Next step : "is demogoron trans ?!"

  • @Souplet said:

    And yet nobody cares

    Stop forcing representation of freaking monsters

    Next step : "is demogoron trans ?!"

    So the human killers are monsters?

  • @Souplet said:

    And yet nobody cares

    Stop forcing representation of freaking monsters

    Next step : "is demogoron trans ?!"

    You cared enough to be against it so clearly you care lmao

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944650#Comment_2944650

    I mean, I don't think a child prostitute is great representation

    But at least his sexuality isn't a label slapped on like David

    Have you read David's full tome lore?

  • Beside the topic but which killer except for trickster isn't a monster in DBD? Maybe huntress but that's it, the rest is deformed and mutated by the entity.

    Humanoid yes, human no.

    At topic, i would prefer wraith (like in the samination animations) or doc (with his rod 😜).

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944861#Comment_2944861

    Beside the topic but which killer except for trickster isn't a monster in DBD? Maybe huntress but that's it, the rest is deformed and mutated by the entity.

    Humanoid yes, human no.

    At topic, i would prefer wraith (like in the samination animations) or doc (with his rod 😜).

    I think the point they were trying to make is that pretty much all killers except for Demo were human and thus it's perfectly normal for sexuality to be part of their lore, considering they all had normal lives before the entity mutated them.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944860#Comment_2944860

    You cared enough to be against it so clearly you care lmao

    And yet you seem to care about sexual behaviour in a game that is about a killer killing people

    And if we dont want to see this kind lf content in the game that makes us instantly anti lgbt or smth

    Go outside more, really

  • @Souplet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944864#Comment_2944864

    And yet you seem to care about sexual behaviour in a game that is about a killer killing people

    And if we dont want to see this kind lf content in the game that makes us instantly anti lgbt or smth

    Go outside more, really

    Correct I care about good representation, and I own the fact that I care about it. Unlike people like you, that say they don't care before proving just how much they care

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944869#Comment_2944869

    I think the point they were trying to make is that pretty much all killers except for Demo were human and thus it's perfectly normal for sexuality to be part of their lore, considering they all had normal lives before the entity mutated them.

    Well yeah that might be correct but i would care even less about the killers sexual orientation than with the survivors because the entity pretty much erases their old self.

    Might be interesting for lore fans but completely meaningless for everyone else. And when now someone comes and tells me that they want to identify themselves with or want to be represented in this game by a certain killer then i would guess that this person should get professional help.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944875#Comment_2944875

    Correct I care about good representation, and I own the fact that I care about it. Unlike people like you, that say they don't care before proving just how much they care

    No, i don't care since i never imagined anything sexual about the game

    I don't care besause i see charachters for what they are, the fun they bring, not who they are banging

    Sexual orientation ISN'T a characteristic or something you define yourselves around. Maybe you do and in that case im very sorry, but most people dont.

  • @Souplet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944878#Comment_2944878

    No, i don't care since i never imagined anything sexual about the game

    I don't care besause i see charachters for what they are, the fun they bring, not who they are banging

    Sexual orientation ISN'T a characteristic or something you define yourselves around. Maybe you do and in that case im very sorry, but most people dont.

    "Sexual orientation ISN'T a characteristic or something you define yourselves around. Maybe you do and in that case im very sorry, but most people dont."

    Correct, but it is part of the identity of a character, and thus is nifty to include in stories to flesh out a character. Like David King in his new lore, which ties in superbly well to his previously established lore and develops his characteristics further. Literally look at one of the pinned posts on the Forums to know exactly why this matters.

    And if you are directly opposed to a thing's inclusion in a game, you do not" not care" about it, because if you didn't care you would not care about potential inclusion.

  • @Souplet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944864#Comment_2944864

    And yet you seem to care about sexual behaviour in a game that is about a killer killing people

    And if we dont want to see this kind lf content in the game that makes us instantly anti lgbt or smth

    Go outside more, really

    I'm confused. Do you have trouble understanding the difference between sexuality and sexual behaviour? Did your parents never give you... You know... The talk? You should probably ask them because it might clear up some misconceptions you have about the difference between sexuality and sexual behaviour.

    @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944874#Comment_2944874

    Well yeah that might be correct but i would care even less about the killers sexual orientation than with the survivors because the entity pretty much erases their old self.

    Might be interesting for lore fans but completely meaningless for everyone else. And when now someone comes and tells me that they want to identify themselves with or want to be represented in this game by a certain killer then i would guess that this person should get professional help.

    Well that's entirely subjective. I haven't read the lore at all, that includes Davids lore as well. I just don't really care about the lore, but the fact alone that there are people that care is good enough for me to support the idea.

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944875#Comment_2944875

    I'm confused. Do you have trouble understanding the difference between sexuality and sexual behaviour? Did your parents never give you... You know... The talk? You should probably ask them because it might clear up some misconceptions you have about the difference between sexuality and sexual behaviour.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944881#Comment_2944881

    Well that's entirely subjective. I haven't read the lore at all, that includes Davids lore as well. I just don't really care about the lore, but the fact alone that there are people that care is good enough for me to support the idea.

    Yes because one isn't at all linked to the other. Right.

    Im not the one talking about it btw, and all the comment on david being "not gay enough" or all the sexual content that followed make me consider its noyhing of a great deal.


    My point remains

  • Not sure if making one of the first LGBT characters in DBD a bloodthirsty killer is a good idea. Maybe when more of the survivors come out but not now. I'm hoping for Dwight and Jane next.

  • @Souplet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944891#Comment_2944891

    Yes because one isn't at all linked to the other. Right.

    Im not the one talking about it btw, and all the comment on david being "not gay enough" or all the sexual content that followed make me consider its noyhing of a great deal.

    My point remains

    Linked does not equal the same. You implied there's sexual behaviour in this game with the addition of David's sexuality... Only there isn't. Last time I logged on DBD, I still didn't see a David butt naked with another survivor having a good time. So no, your point doesn't stand. You simply made up some random stuff to justify your argument and to mask your homophobia.

    But don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944898#Comment_2944898

    Linked does not equal the same. You implied there's sexual behaviour in this game with the addition of David's sexuality... Only there isn't. Last time I logged on DBD, I still didn't see a David butt naked with another survivor having a good time. So no, your point doesn't stand. You simply made up some random stuff to justify your argument and to mask your homophobia.

    But don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

    Oh right here we are, the homo0hobia accusation

    Every time, it leads to that because straight people are evil and not wanting to know who's banging who in their free time makes us some kind of monsters

    Lets make all characters in this game gay, it wont matter, but there will still be no point and be a freaking useless loss of ressources and time, as is this discussion.

  • @Souplet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944911#Comment_2944911

    Oh right here we are, the homo0hobia accusation

    Every time, it leads to that because straight people are evil and not wanting to know who's banging who in their free time makes us some kind of monsters

    Lets make all characters in this game gay, it wont matter, but there will still be no point and be a freaking useless loss of ressources and time, as is this discussion.

    I mean.. have you ever said anything against heterosexual relationships in the lore and how much you don’t care about it? Or are you just making these statements when it’s related to LGBTQ+ characters?

    It’s not about straight people being evil (lol) it’s about people like you who act homophobic (even if it might not even be intentional)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944913#Comment_2944913

    I mean.. have you ever said anything against heterosexual relationships in the lore and how much you don’t care about it? Or are you just making these statements when it’s related to LGBTQ+ characters?

    It’s not about straight people being evil (lol) it’s about people like you who act homophobic (even if it might not even be intentional)

    Never read the lore, never will

    Its not an rpg or a stoey focused game, in which, sexual orientation can matter at some point.

    It does not in dbd. If it was subtle in the lore and nobody talk about it i wouldnt care less if they were all lgbt

    People talking about it non stop, thats what upset me. If people made topic lile "is feng is in love with bill?" I would have the exact same answer

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944650#Comment_2944650

    I mean, I don't think a child prostitute is great representation

    But at least his sexuality isn't a label slapped on like David

    Read the lore. It being slapped on as a label is only really valid criticism if you view that Tweet on its own but the tome story really makes it a great form of representation (well of course subjective but it still isn’t fair to call that story being slapped on)

  • @Souplet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944934#Comment_2944934

    Never read the lore, never will

    Its not an rpg or a stoey focused game, in which, sexual orientation can matter at some point.

    It does not in dbd. If it was subtle in the lore and nobody talk about it i wouldnt care less if they were all lgbt

    People talking about it non stop, thats what upset me. If people made topic lile "is feng is in love with bill?" I would have the exact same answer

    The lore was there from the very beginning and the creators and part of the community clearly care about it.

    so if you actually don’t care, then act accordingly. Let other people talk about what they want. It isn’t hard at all. Try it.

    • Players then: Is he strong? Is his desgin cool? Is his perks valuable?
    • Players now: Is he gay?
  • @Name_Unavailable said:

    • Players then: Is he strong? Is his desgin cool? Is his perks valuable?
    • Players now: Is he gay?

    "Are they"*

    Dont forget to not misgender

  • @Name_Unavailable said:

    • Players then: Is he strong? Is his desgin cool? Is his perks valuable?
    • Players now: Is he gay?

    I see plenty of threads about killer viability/buff-/nerf-suggestions etc as well as perks? But I guess it depends on how much you care about and what you focus on ;)


    so much to not caring.

  • @Souplet said:

    And yet nobody cares

    Stop forcing representation of freaking monsters

    Next step : "is demogoron trans ?!"

    Nobody? Damn you don’t make up the community, I would love to see representation on the killers end too


    You however, I think if you didn’t care you wouldn’t have said anything about it, but you did, so you really do care now do you huh?

  • @AnchorTea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944646#Comment_2944646

    I dont think so. Flamboyant villains have had a history in fiction and it brings a wrong idea of queer people. Caleb wouldn't be a bad fit. His presentation would go against the stereotypes.

    The Brokeback Mountain stereotype?

  • ... I'm pretty sure Bubba is non-binary..

  • @PeaceNGrease said:

    ... I'm pretty sure Bubba is non-binary..

    Can confirm Bubba is not non-binary.

  • Or you could make every character bi so people can actually ship who they want 😍🥰

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Really? More so than Trickster?

    @Mazoobi said:

    Trickster or one of the Legions could be a better fit. Heck, I see any of them being bisexual.

    I am honestly a bit shocked that people instaly look at Trickster when talking about a gay killer.

    Can't a man be flamboyant and like to wear what he likes and be straight? I mean if not I need to have an unpleasant conversation with my wife.

    Not to attack you but the fact that the flamboyant guy came up in your minds when talking about gay people is a testament on how stuck some preconceptions and clichés are. Not to say you guys are some evil homophobs or anything

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944646#Comment_2944646

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944652#Comment_2944652

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944658#Comment_2944658

    I am honestly a bit shocked that people instaly look at Trickster when talking about a gay killer.

    Can't a man be flamboyant and like to wear what he likes and be straight? I mean if not I need to have an unpleasant conversation with my wife.

    Not to attack you but the fact that the flamboyant guy came up in your minds when talking about gay people is a testament on how stuck some preconceptions and clichés are. Not to say you guys are some evil homophobs or anything

    Can't a man be flamboyant and like to wear what he likes and be straight?

    For real, can we stop with the stereotypes?

  • @Cryptikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2945118#Comment_2945118

    Can't a man be flamboyant and like to wear what he likes and be straight?

    For real, can we stop with the stereotypes?

    I mean trickster gets that since he is in the game. When he was first released we had a couple of post here of people talking about how they could destroy him because he is not manly enough. Funny enough this guy's mostly had David as Profil Pic and always said David would slap trickster I bet this guy's stopped playing him now

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2945124#Comment_2945124

    I mean trickster gets that since he is in the game. When he was first released we had a couple of post here of people talking about how they could destroy him because he is not manly enough. Funny enough this guy's mostly had David as Profil Pic and always said David would slap trickster I bet this guy's stopped playing him now

    i wonder if he changed his pfp in the last few weeks haha

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944646#Comment_2944646

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944652#Comment_2944652

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2944658#Comment_2944658

    I am honestly a bit shocked that people instaly look at Trickster when talking about a gay killer.

    Can't a man be flamboyant and like to wear what he likes and be straight? I mean if not I need to have an unpleasant conversation with my wife.

    Not to attack you but the fact that the flamboyant guy came up in your minds when talking about gay people is a testament on how stuck some preconceptions and clichés are. Not to say you guys are some evil homophobs or anything

    Define flamboyant. Are you wearing the kind of colorful clothing Trickster does along with make up, jewelry etc?

    It's not a cliché to think someone who dresses like that is a more likely candidate. Nor is it evil or homophobic. To suspect someone is gay because of their dress sense doesn't mean you are anti gay or a bad person.

  • @Cryptikk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2945129#Comment_2945129

    i wonder if he changed his pfp in the last few weeks haha

    Oh I bet :D

    These stereotypes really must end. I see it often enough in real live because I am not the typical man I like to wear "woman" cloth and paint my nails and I get so many stupid looks and comments it's just trying

  • Thinking that it's "only natural to assume" someone "like" Trickster is gay, is reducing them to your perceived stereotypes of "what gay is". That's basing your assumptions on stereotypes and cliches, and thinking that this is what gay people are like because of it, is reductively homophobic.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2945118#Comment_2945118

    Define flamboyant. Are you wearing the kind of colorful clothing Trickster does along with make up, jewelry etc?

    It's not a cliché to think someone who dresses like that is a more likely candidate. Nor is it evil or homophobic. To suspect someone is gay because of their dress sense doesn't mean you are anti gay or a bad person.

    Not make up but jewelry and colorfull stuff even "woman" cloth.

    Like I said you are not a bad for thinking that because it is a picture that got painted for a long time and it is a wrong picture atleast in my mind. We need to stop putting preconceived labels on people for how the look and what they wear. Best way is to don't think about the sexuality of anyone if you don't want to engage with them

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2945146#Comment_2945146

    Thinking that it's "only natural to assume" someone "like" Trickster is gay, is reducing them to your perceived stereotypes of "what gay is". That's basing your assumptions on stereotypes and cliches, and thinking that this is what gay people are like because of it, is reductively homophobic.

    why is so hard for people to understand this? "Its not homophobic to decide someone is gay soley on the fact they look and dress like a gay stereotype" is basically the counterpoint and that is "Absolute Bull"

‹ 1 2 3