Question for those who have played The Legion for some considerable time on the PTB
Where would you rank The Legion among the other killers? I'm seeing so many varied opinions on here and on streams.
Where would you rank The Legion among the other killers? I'm seeing so many varied opinions on here and on streams.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Lowest position.
Don't ask it. All you'll receive is complaints about how they are bad because people still think that to properly get a killer they can play it for a couple matches.
I bet if the Nurse was released nowadays they would all say she is bad because she is slow and has the fatigue.
Tbh, weakest killer in the game by good margin.
And im not one to complain about powers, i rated Spirit lower toptier at release. Legion, at its current state, has no chance against good survivors. Early 2c
LOL Spirit went live without changing what needed to be changed. You're worse than the people thinking lore is going to change due to ptrs on WoW. His overall mechanics are not changing. He can easily be ranked after 12 hours of play.
from the amount of time I have put into this killer thus far I think they can be a pretty strong killer.
I find using the frenzy attack to get the first hit easy then to follow up afterwards with normal m1 only dashing to gain distance helps out a lot and I have managed to get some 4ks with this killer pretty easy for the few matches I had.
the only issue I have had is a few times I forget to hit m2 to cancel frenzy and end up messing up in chases because of it but that is on me. only time will tell how viable this killer will be.
If you’re seriously “ranking” a Killer <12 hours after release, you need help.
You can still discuss and give an early impression on a killer. Her strength and weaknesses are very apparent, other than Spirit, Clown and Huntress. Legion excels at map control/stalling IF survivors group up. Problem is, when survivors learn how to play against her, they will stop doing that or hiding while you're frenzying and run away instead. And then you're left with the killer with the worst chase to down someone.
She reminds me a bit of Fredy, a noobstomper. A good looper takes too long to down. Thats why i'd place her lower tier, she's really bad against good survivors. Still early for a ranking, but better now than after release
The killers in DBD are not rocket science, this isn't league or hearthstone where you have some sort of unforseeable synergies.
If I released a 100% base MS killer who's power would be imitating survivors's looks and nothing else would you still tell ppl to shut up until they put 100 hours in to figure out he's crap?
Playing him and playing against him...
Sometimes he seems really weak. Yeah he's guarenteed that first hit due to his power. Coming out for the M1 though at 110% speed hurts him.
But then at other times he really has managed to bring the game to a halt. Especially if people try to self-care to full health while all Legions are currently using sloppy butcher.
Most killers let survivors do gens but they get quick hooks to try and build pressure
This one is slower at chases but in return he has survivors messing about mending and healing.
His power depends on how the survivors play. If you can catch a few together you're good. His perk helps a lot. Otherwise yeah he doesn't seem that strong. He's basically the anti swf-bully killer.
Low mid tier unless they do some changes regarding power depletion and deep wound then around high mid tier
Yeah I agree. I feel like if you get a SWF match you can almost guarantee yourself a 3k. However, if you just get randoms (which is more likely) than The Legion is pretty much the crappiest killer in the game.
its kinda too early right now, but right now I would put him in the in on the lower end of the middle tier
His dash is horrible, using it in a chase will take you 4 hits to down a survivor, pig is still just 2. My ranking would be worse then freddy because sloppy butcher is just the Deep wound effect but better.
Monto's 2 cents;
Monto completely plays him wrong, he uses his power to go for injured survivors even if he would've gotten a free hit without the power. i still say 115% ms and he'd be fine, that and make the swipe animation go off during the stunanimation when you hit somebody twice.
Overall, The Legion is just meh... I'll make a DETAILED thread later about his problems and how to make him better.
Low.
Yeah, take opinions from Tru3, who played against his fans, who went easy on him, and let him win all the times. Plus they were making so many mistakes in their gameplay, that I'm sure they did not even went to R10 with the survivor. They did not even try to heal themsewlves from the Deep Wound state - when Tru3 hit them and let them escape they did not mend, and Tru3 went "Ooooh, OP"! Really?
Oh, and he played with all the best addons, and no killer should be addon dependant.
This killer is just another noob stmper, like Freddy, but with one difference - Freddy does not need to hit someone 4 times to down him.
I don't think they get it.
It seems the devs like to surprise people and let them figure it out on their own but I don't think it would hurt if they also put out a youtube video on the day showing how to use a killer and what they can do.
i played and have seen playing monto and truetalent
they didnt get all survs killed, I think he is middle
He's a crowd control killer. In terms of crowd control he's top notch.
You find two survivors on a gen, you acticate frenzy, slash one, turn around slash the other. He can do this easily because he's so fast and can vault pallets. You've now got one survivor who has to mend + heal. Not sure how long mend is, 20 seconds? And heal is like 40 seconds because every legion has been taking sloppy butcher. The other guy you commit to chasing.
He's also good at punishing unhooks I found. Hit one guy he now has to heal + mend, hit the other and now even if he loses you he has to mend.
Legion can make survivors waste a lot of time. I know people are calling for his movement speed to be increased but this wouldn't be a good idea because...
1) His first hit is basically guarenteed. More so than any other killer.
2) Survivors are talking about not bothering to heal against Legion to save time. That makes sense. However if you have a killer which can make people spend their game basically walking around exposed at all times its easy to see why they've balanced him with the slower movement speed.
The only problem with this guy is he's a bit poop if the survivors aren't together. If I had to take a stab at a buff, and I'm only guessing based on early play right now so this might not be balanced - but I'd say its the aura reading range that should be increased. 24m...it isn't much. He needs to be hitting multiple people.
But still even if you lose people in a chase they have to mend as soon as possible. This isn't as quick as people make out. No other killer can make survivors waste as much time off gens as this guy can.
So he is a killer that is forced to do everything the survivor want?
He is the anti-tunneling killer?
He just stabs someone and let them go to give them free heals?
That's how he works?
Survivors are only exposed if they don't heal up, currently not healing up is not a real risk since he needs his power to get to you if you're good at looping.
He need to hit you at least 3 times to down you, unles you are really bad as survivor.
It doesnt require that many games to understand he is weak
I look forward to this.
But with only one hit the bleed out timer is so huge that the survivor won't get downed anyway, because he has to much time to "mend" himself.
I see this a lot. To be honest I found myself accidentally doing it at first too.
If you hit a survivor twice you take the stun and they take the speed burst. It's a bad play.
The thing is Legion can definitely slow the game down. You're doing gens and suddenly you see two people go into bleed out at the same time. They HAVE to mend so thats like 20 seconds guarenteed healing.
People say you can counter him by staying injured the whole time. That's true, but then its 1-hit-down so its easy to see why he's 110 speed rather than 115.
I'd love to see how he performs with a 3 gen strategy. I think he'd be lethal.
with theyre low movement speed and the fact you cannot down on a second frenzy hit afgainst a sweaty swf group you follow what they say or they take your lunch money
yes he is absolutely an anti tunneling killer dying light is pretty much useless which really sucks because when active dying light gives you the time you need to really kick off
yes unfortunatly
they either need to fix theyre speed or the timer
I get that people feel deep wound is underwhelming but imagine for a second if it was easy to get them to bleed out to dying status. With how quick this guy can dash around and hit everyone, he'd be hands down the best slugger in the game.
That's why the timer is huge.
The devs don't want a load of slugging ahain either so I think he's like pig. Their powers aren't meant to kill/down, just to get survivors wasting time or walking around injured.
There is potential in him. When used well I've seen some games slow right down as so much time is spent healing. Sure he cant hook as fast as other killers but it balances out if he keeps survivors off gens long enough.
Mend takes 15 seconds and is not considered "healing" and does not even need a perk or an item to fix it.
And the killer as to drop the chase instead of finishing the victim.
Please explain to me the "potential" you see in him.
So their power is meant to "waste survivors' time", okay. What's the point in wasting their time, when you can't down them, because you move at 110% MS?
The major problem with this is, killer are on a tight time schedule, survivor have unlimited time.
Yes, I hit everyone (max 2 people if I'm extremaly lucky, because no survivor with half of a brain will stick close to a Legion), I chase the first/second guy with my 110% MS, He tries to loop, I use Frenzy, he drops pallet, peekaboo, pal, I jump over the pallet with a kind smile on my face, then cancel the Frenzy...Ooh? What's that? A stun? The survivor is using my stun to run to the otherside ot the pallet? What now, master? What's my secret power as a Legion?
Exactly.
When she came out she had default speed and 3 blinks . I'm talking about current Nurse, which everybody knows takes many many hours to get good with her.
You say you can use common sense, right? So then use it, smartguy, and tell me who has specific purple addons everytime they want to play a specific killer? And tell me - how do we call a killer that is playable only when using the best addons?
The second thing - Frenzy should be used to catch upto the survivors? Tell that to the Claudette running around the corners in Lery's, and you do not see her scratchmarks plus after the end of the sprint you are stunned and the surv has more time to run/hide.
Third thing - he should be used to break the pallets? So... Why should I use him, when I can use Billy, who is 115%MS and has a lot better ability with sprint? Or even the Spirit?
PS. Don't be so angry when you are not right.